May 06, 2024, 05:43:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Current Poll
NA - 0 (0%)
NA - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 109 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FoldingCoin - MINE FOR MEDICINE- PHASE 2.0  (Read 473621 times)
FoldingCoin (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 12:08:59 AM

Funding the project by making 100.000.000 available from unspent FLDC for the development team and support is up for a vote as I understand correctly. My choise of words earlier might nog have been to subtile either, I am sure they will not simply be "dumped" on the market but sold when needed. --> http://foldingcoin.net/fldc-voting/ = doesn't happen if the community or those invested in foldingcoin don't want it to happen.

It doesn't take a financial expert to figure out throwing it on the open market would render the whole funding idea worthless anyway.
The market did take a hit for a little bit today, but it is bouncing back. This could still be struck down and if what happened today happens again, you will most likely see folks voting against this idea rather then for it.

I am enjoying this conversation though, I am learning a lot with you guys Cheesy I thank you all for the input and once again encourge EVERYONE to cast their vote for this very important decision http://foldingcoin.net/fldc-voting/

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 06:28:40 AM

Good discussion indeed!

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 03:30:07 PM

If your interested in a topfolder coin.. there is one for sale at counterwallet exchange.

https://counterwallet.io/#pages/exchange.html

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:22:56 PM

If your interested in a topfolder coin.. there is one for sale at counterwallet exchange.

screenshot? You end up at the login of counterwallet

jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:25:59 PM

so, login and go to the exchange.

Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:30:14 PM

so, login and go to the exchange.

Hehe, seems to be a bit expensive at 1 XCP a coin Cheesy

jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:31:50 PM

had to start the negotiation somewhere.

Scott_Mete

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:40:45 PM

So for those days I did not get nothing when mined _ALL_?
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:49:05 PM

So for those days I did not get nothing when mined _ALL_?
What is your full donor name so i can look up what you should have received. What do you think you are missing?

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:49:07 PM

Since the current vote is very vague on how this would be done, i suggest everyone start suggesting new VOTEs to be put in place for next month on how we can handle the 100 million FLDC (if this should pass) or ways we can bring in more funding should the vote not pass. Here is the voting page for next months vote https://letstalkbitcoin.com/forum/post/phase-1-vote-for-may-2015-change

Also please submit your vote for this months vote here http://foldingcoin.net/fldc-voting/

POWCOIN

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:11:36 PM

I agree 100% with donor [Niels], when in need of funding dumping 100.000.000 (double the current available amount of FLDC) into a developing project is not the way to go. Look at what happened to Ripple when that one guy with loads of ripples blinked and suggested he might sell a few...

-- You have a good thing going, amazing dedication to the project, best documentation and setup of any altcoin or asset I've seen plus you helping out other struggling assets you should be able to find funding somewhere without having to dilute your own asset. Somewhere still need to be defined, once I have suggestions for a somewhere I will let you know

i think its a good idea cuz there are 100's of people thinking of creating projects that have no. proven plan and will be asking for crypto to fund .. Foldingcoin: to actually have a plan working project and future and other assets following Foldingcoins footsteps. it wont be hard to gather interest. and to think it automatically will water down FLDC is true but only if we selffulfill the prophecy.  just put in some buy orders to prepare for the dump. also the funder would most likely hold 1/2.   Wink
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:39:51 PM

FYI everyone, the website is currently down and the service provider is fixing the issue http://status.namecheap.com/archives/18650

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 10:15:31 PM

website is back online

jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 01:03:35 AM

sorry guys.. gota vote no on this....

about to turn rigs off too Sad

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 01:31:17 AM

No worries, throughout my conversations I have had with everyone I feel the same way to now. I am glad the price did not end up getting as hurt from this proposition as some thought it would, and I am sure that this vote will not pass.

We are still working hard on finding alternatives to raise money, we have had some good suggestions so far. But one thing is certain, we do need funding.

Also you gotta do what you gotta do with turning your rigs off, I completely understand that your operation specifically has to be expensive. We have another merged folding candidate that we will announce hopefully soon that may change your mind and turn them back on Smiley

Please still keep tabs on this project and thank you for the work you have done this far Smiley

jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 01:38:04 AM

No worries, throughout my conversations I have had with everyone I feel the same way to now. I am glad the price did not end up getting as hurt from this proposition as some thought it would, and I am sure that this vote will not pass.

We are still working hard on finding alternatives to raise money, we have had some good suggestions so far. But one thing is certain, we do need funding.

Also you gotta do what you gotta do with turning your rigs off, I completely understand that your operation specifically has to be expensive. We have another merged folding candidate that we will announce hopefully soon that may change your mind and turn them back on Smiley

Please still keep tabs on this project and thank you for the work you have done this far Smiley

Thank you for your comments... You have been very professional throughout the time I have paid attention to this project...  I did donate some....

word needs to get to the people that need the folding done. and convince them that if they purchase foldingcoins.. holding the price up.. more and more will fold. Smiley

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 02:21:12 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2015, 09:01:32 AM by FoldingCoin

Thank you for your comments... You have been very professional throughout the time I have paid attention to this project...  I did donate some....

word needs to get to the people that need the folding done. and convince them that if they purchase foldingcoins.. holding the price up.. more and more will fold. Smiley
Thank you for the donation of BTC and computational power Cheesy

I will say a couple of good things have come from my poor decision to submit this as a suggestion:
  • 1. A lot of people with marketing experience have approached me and scolded me for this bad decision. But at the same time, they have given great advice on what should have been done, and what still can be done because of this
  • 2. I have learned that we really have a strong community of supporters for FLDC, that has shown through the overwhelming amount of forum, email messages, ext that have come from announcing this. I don't think i received as many emails for anything else that we have done lol
  • 3. This vote will most likely not pass and that shows that even if a bad idea has been suggested, that it can be struck down if the community does not support this
  • 4. I learned that the way we did this originally was the right move of not having a presale. Many people expressed that they loved the fact that there was no pre mine and that was an attractive thing that the devs kept the playing field level for everyone. We still do need funding though, but we are exploring much safer, less controversial ways to do so
  • 5. I have learned from many comments (like yours) that people do indeed trust us the devs and support us greatly. I take solo responsibility for this mistake and the other devs are in no way shape or form to blame for this. I have had really inspiring comments about what we have done thus far and how this was the first major mistake and i personally apologize to everyone for suggesting this. I will do better going forward and I hope no trust in me was lost because of this.
  • 6. Even though the vote process is great, and things like this can be struck down with a vote, I now know that even more measures need to be put in place to prevent something like this from happening again. We will be rethinking the voting process (obviously it will be put up for a vote again) to include even more community vetting before something like this gets put up.

jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 02:26:40 AM

Well, the voting is winning so far.

I only shut down the non efficient rigs...  most of my rigs are doing approx 500k ppd for about 650watts.  will leave them running a while longer.

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 02:35:31 AM

Well, the voting is winning so far.

I only shut down the non efficient rigs...  most of my rigs are doing approx 500k ppd for about 650watts.  will leave them running a while longer.
Not many votes have been submitted though, i dont think it pass with the overwhelming amount of negative responses show that this should not pass

Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 06:02:30 AM

Thank you for your comments... You have been very professional throughout the time I have paid attention to this project...  I did donate some....

Thank you for the donation of BTC and computational power Cheesy

I will say a couple of good things have come from my poor decision to submit this as a suggestion:
  • 1. A lot of people with marketing experience have approached me and scolded me for this bad decision. But at the same time, they have given great advice on what should have been done, and what still can be done because of this
  • 2. I have learned that we really have a strong community of supporters for FLDC, that has shown through the overwhelming amount of forum, email messages, ext that have come from announcing this. I don't think i received as many emails for anything else that we have done lol
  • 3. This vote will most likely not pass and that shows that even if a bad idea has been suggested, that it can be struck down if the community does not support this
  • 4. I learned that the way we did this originally was the right move of not having a presale. Many people expressed that they loved the fact that there was no pre mine and that was an attractive thing that the devs kept the playing field level for everyone. We still do need funding though, but we are exploring much safer, less controversial ways to do so
  • 5. I have learned from many comments (like yours) that people do indeed trust us the devs and support us greatly. I take solo responsibility for this mistake and the other devs are in no way shape or form to blame for this. I have had really inspiring comments about what we have done thus far and how this was the first major mistake and i personally apologize to everyone for suggesting this. I will do better going forward and I hope no trust in me was lost because of this.
  • 6. Even though the vote process is great, and things like this can be struck down with a vote, I now know that even more measures need to be put in place to prevent something like this from happening again. We will be rethinking the voting process (obviously it will be put up for a vote again) to include even more community vetting before something like this gets put up.

I don´t think it was a bad decision to put this up for a vote and there are some people that voted in favor of it. The good thing is that it gets the funding on the agenda and gets people to think about alternative ways to handle this. Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 109 »
  Print  

Jump to: