Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:20:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoincard.org  (Read 29248 times)
zer0

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 09:38:30 PM

can you give us more info

Nope. You can read the press release when we're ready. It was supposed to be released 3 months ago, so that means any day now.  Wink

See.. somebody who will release a product then make the hype press release about it. It can be done instead of the vaporware model

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 09:40:14 PM

Wow!  Subscribing Smiley

Yes, all the tracking and advertisement bullshit is creepy but just so many people want that and if that's the price of getting bitcoin main stream, I'm all for it. The infrastructure would still be bitcoin so privacy aware people could still seamlessly use android devices or brainwallets or whatever they like.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
phorensic

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 10:39:59 PM

Subscribed.  Looks like a great idea.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 11:00:35 PM

this bitcoincard sure looks cute.

but why not use your smartphone/wlan as an uplink instead of the seemingly brittle mesh networking and solar power..

Probably you can, when that is available.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 11:09:28 PM

Yes, all the tracking and advertisement bullshit is creepy

+1

But other than that... so cool!
wabber

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 12:51:44 AM

I didn't understand how they want to track the carts and if it works with such a high accuracy i wouldn't use one.

I like the idea of a p2p text message network, the devices don't need a high range if many ppl use it and it could decrease fees by a lot i guess.
EhVedadoOAnonimato

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 01:39:05 PM

The device looks really cool and all, but a detail disappointed me.

- if the wallet is lost, the money is also lost;

Well, that means you cannot use it for storage, as backups are not possible. I find it a pity since this is the first dedicated device to store bitcoins. A dedicated device is the ultimate security one can have against malware. It could be the perfect place for everybody, included non-geeks, to store their coins.
But if no backup is possible, then, well, this card becomes another way to transfer bitcoins around, just like smartphones apps are doing, but "sexier". It is not a safe place to store any more coins than what you can afford to lose.

I hope they also consider making a dedicated device meant mainly for safe storage of bitcoins. That would require the ability to safely backup your coins (deterministic wallet seed generated by the device, encrypted in the device, and transfered to a computer, or directly to a backup service perhaps). Plausible deniability would be an important feature too, to protect against robbers capable of threatening you.
Such device doesn't need to be portable, as you don't really need to leave your house with all your coins. It could be as large as tablet for example, or even larger. It doesn't need to be "sexy" either (supposing that you can make it cheaper by dropping some of the "cool" features like touchscreen, color display etc), Actually, they could make such device also act as the gateway for the smaller bitcoincard, and sell both in a package. Wink
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 08:35:46 PM

use the search function for the dedicated wallet printer

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2012, 08:39:28 PM

A bunch of us are flying out to Austria next month to see the product in action.

Will keep everyone updated

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 09:05:38 PM

Can't wait! This could be huge
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 10:10:50 PM

A bunch of us are flying out to Austria next month to see the product in action.

Austria, eh? Hmm, sounds like fun.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2012, 10:13:31 PM

LOL I've never been, was that a joke?

Im excited, Im gonna meetup with VirWox.com, Bitstamp.net, and the BTC-E.com while I'm in the region.

Alot of people are nervous if the above companies even exist, I will take pictures with everyone  Grin

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 10:14:27 PM

Im excited, Im gonna meetup with VirWox.com, Bitstamp.net, and the BTC-E.com while I'm in the region.

Alot of people are nervous if the above companies even exist, I will take pictures with everyone  Grin

That'll be fun ^_^

rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 10:18:01 PM

Not a joke, I was just avoiding saying dammit you lucky fuck, that place is beautiful in so many words. Oops, too late.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 12:06:57 AM

Don't most people use wallets that block rfid now, wouldn't that mess with it?

hi
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 03:38:24 AM

yes, while it was in the blocking wallet; but most of those are for passive rfid formats like in passports.  These devices are active units with their own processors, and don't depend upon the security of the readers or trust that all readers are themselves trustworthy.

EhVedadoOAnonimato

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 08:07:42 AM

use the search function for the dedicated wallet printer

You mean this?

It's cool, thanks for the tip. I guess it's not something my mother would feel comfortable using yet, but it's definitely safe and probably not expensive. Smiley
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 03:25:28 PM

yes, while it was in the blocking wallet; but most of those are for passive rfid formats like in passports.  These devices are active units with their own processors, and don't depend upon the security of the readers or trust that all readers are themselves trustworthy.
What I meant is that it might be a pain to keep in wallets because they might not function correctly with a rfid blocking wallet

hi
Steve

Activity: 868

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2012, 05:50:03 PM

I think it would be a long shot for this company to be successful.  It's basically a really small computer with a wireless radio…and there's a lot more that it can be used for than just bitcoin.  This is an obvious evolutionary direction and I'd expect many hardware manufacturers to be working in this direction.  Their best bet would be to attract investment from these hardware manufacturers (but if many of them already have internal projects working on it, they may not be interested).

(gasteve on IRC) Does your website accept cash? https://bitpay.com
Dusty

Activity: 731
Merit: 503

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2012, 08:02:28 PM

The project is awesome  Shocked

The only problem is that it's useful only if a lot of people already uses it otherwise it's pretty useless.
And admitting they have right the very difficult technical part it will be difficult to bootstrap it's use... or at least it should be very expensive...

Articoli bitcoin: Il portico dipinto
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: