Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:45:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466758 times)
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 03:30:42 PM

PANIC BUY !!!!
lol this is hilarious  Tongue

After all these months, I'll be the first to admit, this mornings price moves have me pretty excited. Smiley

As for my holdings, I would be willing to start providing market liquidity around $0.50 but not less. In terms of the mission going forward, the value has to be at least that to convince current generators to begin claiming their coins. Once that begins, then coins in circulation will start to go up in a natural progression which in turn grows the user base and positively impacts value.

Hey if Mother Nature can create a positive feedback loop to evict us, we can create a positive feedback loop to keep our house. Right?  Wink

Yup Yup thanks goodness for averaging down these last months my first solar purchase was for .012 cents and my lowest was for .0019 cents

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
grandpa

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:03:56 PM

Not panic buy..with the needed changes to coin finally it holds great value.this is still cheap
pikuchato

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Activity: yes

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 04:09:34 PM

The sleeping giant is starting to wake up, what you saw until now was only his 'good morning fart' Tongue
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 04:37:00 PM

PANIC BUY !!!!
lol this is hilarious  Tongue

After all these months, I'll be the first to admit, this mornings price moves have me pretty excited. Smiley

As for my holdings, I would be willing to start providing market liquidity around $0.50 but not less. In terms of the mission going forward, the value has to be at least that to convince current generators to begin claiming their coins. Once that begins, then coins in circulation will start to go up in a natural progression which in turn grows the user base and positively impacts value.

Hey if Mother Nature can create a positive feedback loop to evict us, we can create a positive feedback loop to keep our house. Right?  Wink

Yup Yup thanks goodness for averaging down these last months my first solar purchase was for .012 cents and my lowest was for .0019 cents

I may have bought a max of like 200 SLR, the remainder, I mined myself, with might I add a lousy 900 kh/s for months.  lol  I do however hold a reasonable amount.

drizzle2405
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 05:04:48 PM

Looks like the bid "BOTS" are at it on Bittrex...  Only difference is the "BOTS" don't control the supply...  lol...  The supply is controlled by the early adopters of SLR...  The days of miners dumping onto the market will soon be over as PoW changes to PoS.

Where will the liquidity come from?  Will the early adopters be willing to part with any of there SLR?  Time will tell, but from the looks of it, everyone has their limits set HIGH!

The SLR community is not your average daytrading/pump n dump traders.  They are in it for the long run, obviously, because SLR has been around since January and so if the community has held this long, that is like an eternity nowadays in crypto.

So that being said, hold your sells high, don't let them get SLR cheap....

Remember the goal!!!  Incentivize the public/companies to utilize solar power!!!!  The long term goal is $20/solarcoin.

http://wiki.solarcoin.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

freebird

Activity: 414
Merit: 250

Freedom through Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:10:47 PM

Looks like the bid "BOTS" are at it on Bittrex...  Only difference is the "BOTS" don't control the supply...  lol...  The supply is controlled by the early adopters of SLR...  The days of miners dumping onto the market will soon be over as PoW changes to PoS.

Where will the liquidity come from?  Will the early adopters be willing to part with any of there SLR?  Time will tell, but from the looks of it, everyone has their limits set HIGH!

The SLR community is not your average daytrading/pump n dump traders.  They are in it for the long run.  Obviously because SLR has been around since January and so if the community has held this long, that is like and eternity

Remember the goal!!!  Incentivize the public/companies to utilize solar power!!!!  The long term goal is $20/solarcoin.

http://wiki.solarcoin.org/index.php?title=Lower_Carbon_currency

Probably the average SLR holder has a point where they're willing to sell SOME, but will keep MOST for the long term.

If this is true, then the price could go much higher in the next couple of months as coins on the market become scarce. It looks like the trading community is starting to discover this coin. I expect they will continue to find a thin order book on the ask side until we go orders of magnitude higher.

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
drizzle2405
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 05:16:19 PM

The SLR community is not your average daytrading/pump n dump traders.  They are in it for the long run.  Obviously because SLR has been around since January and so if the community has held this long, that is like and eternity

Probably the average SLR holder has a point where they're willing to sell SOME, but will keep MOST for the long term.

If this is true, then the price could go much higher in the next couple of months as coins on the market become scarce. It looks like the trading community is starting to discover this coin. I expect they will continue to find a thin order book on the ask side until we go orders of magnitude higher.

Yes there will be "SOME" sells, but this isn't the average coin.  I believe the liquidity will be low until we start to really move up in price.  Yes, the trading community is recognizing this coin...  In part, due to some help...    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Expect to go much higher in the coming months.  I really think Nick et al should start thinking about incorporating ASAP.  Exciting times ahead my friend!!!

When's the next expected board meeting?

freebird

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:18:01 PM

In honor of today's price action (still just *preparing* for scarcity... imagine the higher prices when we actually get to PoS!), this seems appropriate Grin

Grantcoin: Currency with a Conscience. Distributed as charitable grants by a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization. Learn more at Grantcoin.org
pikuchato

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:23:03 PM

Yes there will be "SOME" sells, but this isn't the average coin.  I believe the liquidity will be low until we start to really move up in price.  Yes, the trading community is recognizing this coin...  In part, due to some help...    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Expect to go much higher in the coming months.  I really think Nick et al should start thinking about incorporating ASAP.  Exciting times ahead my friend!!!

I will sell 10% of my coins around 5000 sat..
deathmul

Activity: 472

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:25:10 PM

So low? Remember 1SLR = 20$  Wink

freebird

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:36:29 PM

Yes, the trading community is recognizing this coin...  In part, due to some help...    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Thanks for your help in spreading the word! This is the right time to reach out to the traders, for sure. Smiley

I really think Nick et al should start thinking about incorporating ASAP. ... When's the next expected board meeting?

I've been having discussions with both Nick and Joe about possibilities for incorporation, pursuing venture capital, etc. As you know, I've always been advocating to do this sooner rather than later. We've been operating informally the last couple of months, but my hope is that we can make a push for serious business development/investment soon, after we're done making the important tech changes to the coin which is consuming most of our time and energy right now.

I think the organizational development aspect is one of those things where the voice of the community will be very important -- just as it was for the decision to switch to PoS. Nick and Joe are big believers in building this project from the grassroots rather than top-down. They don't want to be perceived as "bosses" of this project. Having said that, if the community believes it's time for more structure, to build this into a bona fide business and/or nonprofit, then I think the founders will listen and take the necessary actions.

corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 05:43:05 PM

I think the organizational development aspect is one of those things where the voice of the community will be very important -- just as it was for the decision to switch to PoS. Nick and Joe are big believers in building this project from the grassroots rather than top-down. They don't want to be perceived as "bosses" of this project. Having said that, if the community believes it's time for more structure, to build this into a bona fide business and/or nonprofit, then I think the founders will listen and take the necessary actions.

This is true, and at the same time they are experienced in large business operations so we can trust they won't act on something that the community thinks is a great idea if it goes against their experience, or at least they have the wisdom to modify it appropriately.

drizzle2405
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 05:57:53 PM

Yes, the trading community is recognizing this coin...  In part, due to some help...    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Thanks for your help in spreading the word! This is the right time to reach out to the traders, for sure. Smiley

I really think Nick et al should start thinking about incorporating ASAP. ... When's the next expected board meeting?

I've been having discussions with both Nick and Joe about possibilities for incorporation, pursuing venture capital, etc. As you know, I've always been advocating to do this sooner rather than later. We've been operating informally the last couple of months, but my hope is that we can make a push for serious business development/investment soon, after we're done making the important tech changes to the coin which is consuming most of our time and energy right now.

No problem.  I will do whatever I can to get the word out about SLR.

I respect the amount of work/time/effort they have all put forth in this project, yourself included as well as many others.  My recommendation would be as you said, concentrate on the implementation of switching over to PoS and whatever other kinks need to be worked out in terms of software.  Then have the next step focusing on taking this project into the future with real world goals, incorporating, marketing, etc.

I know this will take a fair amount of time, in which we all have, I'm just excited to see that SLR is finally starting to come into the spotlight...  These are exciting times ahead!!!

LuckyKey

Activity: 368

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:33:05 PM

I will sell 10% of my coins around 200000 sat..

Grin
pikuchato

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 06:40:31 PM

Grin

Cool
Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 09:18:12 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 09:30:15 PM by Epiphany

What I want to do is use 25% of my coins to start a solar installation business in the Province and start putting solar on as many rooftops as time and money will allow, using the remaining SolarCoin holdings as both a marketing tool and a financing tool to do it. It will be central to the business plan. This I know I can do. Cheesy

Edit: This is the sort of thing that will grow the user base of claimants which is central to growing the value overall while also working towards achieving the mission to incentivize solar power generation. It's win/win/win, no matter how you look at it. That's how I intend to use my holdings... Obviously there's a price point at which I can turn that dream into a reality, so until that moment comes (and it will), I will continue to do what I can to help promote and support SolarCoin.

PS: grandpa! I added you to the list on the front page. My apologies for missing you! Smiley

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
passionsurf

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:51:50 PM

Grin

Cool

10% could crash the market if you have enough coins. Hopefully you'll take that into consideration Smiley
Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 02:12:19 AM

Theme song?  Smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olKFYfmMmdc

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
freebird

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 02:40:19 AM

Great to see the huge volume being traded. 300,000+ SLR volume today on Bittrex and 175,000+ on AllCrypt. Nearly all of it above 1000 satoshis. Weak hands are cashing out and new investors are taking positions above 1000. Good support being built right now at these prices. I expected to see plenty of dumping in the 1000s and the market has to get it out of its system before we can move to higher levels. Hopefully the high volume will continue, creating the much-needed liquidity so that bigger hands can get involved as we continue on an upward trajectory.

vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 03:34:46 AM

Block 310,000 getting close!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: