Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:42:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh)  (Read 466757 times)
mazzaneo

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 07:05:44 PM

He`s just baring his big muscles to show us all who`s boss!!!  Cheesy
Trust me, any power he has is temporary. I have some pretty big investment coming over the next few weeks.

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Your Digital Network | 10MB Blocks
Algo: XEVAN | DK3 | Masternodes
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
CoinPayments | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sunnyboy

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 01:15:00 PM

Hi Sunnyboy,

Welcome to the network and glad to have more seasoned PV professionals onboard! Cheesy
I myslef have also been continuously working in Solar Industry since 2003 in China, Germany, USA, Australia and Japan and I am very commited to the cause of bringing more solar to the world.

I really do agree that we need to get the datalogger people to make another function in their calculations internally inside their software to add 1MWh = 1SLR. Quite simple really.  Then on the other side the SolarCoin foundation needs to standardize their software capture API interface, as you suggested, so automated granting can occur.

So far after many hours websearch for my own procurement of components and solar projects that we have worked on and on the systems we have built, i chose

1) Stand Alone Systems: http://www.epsolarpv.com/en/index.php/Product/pro_content/id/598/am_id/136

This system I built before, it is charging our phones and iPads in our office for a few months. We are gathering data and replacing the datalogger currently.
They are using RS-485 and Modbus. It is the cheapest datalogger and combined charge controller of high quality that offers the Modbus protocol. (This is very important). Because without Modbus or another well documented protocol you cannot really add on other API's.

2) Grid Connected small systems I agree that Solarlog is very versatile: http://www.solar-log.com/en/home.html

3) Utility scale Grid Connected: There are so many options. I've had a lot of discussions with the cloudindustries.eu platform and they are really versatile. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI5YqcUXL88
The cloud industries guys are very forward thinking and know about SolarCoin. I have already asked them to program SolarCoin into their API. They are doing it.

So we just need to connect to other equipment manufacturers so that they can add the 1MWh = 1SLR into their programs and make a requirement document from the SolarCoin foundation (so that it is standardized).

Best,
-lfloorwalker Wink

Hi all,

Thanks Corather and Mazzaneo for mentions. Wink

A short update on my project called the #solarcoinalphaproject. I promised that the first version would be out by late October so I thought I had better inform about the schedules. I am running behind schedule.
The goal of the project is more of a running proof of concept to show that an encrypted signal can be sent from a stand-alone PV system's API to any required receivers to accurately and securely prove the number of solarcoin's being generated by the system during daylight hours of operation.

0) Design completed. Electrical design and then some tests of the gateway and its communication to the software teams API. Completed. I had some initial road blocks here.
1) Components procured and delivered. So far it also includes a global pyranometer enabling the system to have a prediction mechanism inbuilt based on historical weather data for the location.
2) Weather proofing tested for battery box.
3) Power system DC Wiring half completed.
4) Meeting with software team completed. Understand tasks.

Remaining:
5) Communication box wiring
6) Dry test and link to API.
7) Stability and running for 1-2 weeks.
Cool Writing the white paper (in parallel) to explain the prediction technology, the link to the API and possible further work ( I hope others can pick up from where I stop) i.e. secure blockchain calls and receives because my area of expertise is solar yield prediction technology, solar PV systems and PV monitoring systems, not networking security.

Please note, the system is only a proof of concept intended to show what could be done theoretically. It would not interfere with anything.

Thank you,
-lfloorwalker

Hi All,

I'd like to introduce myself here as a "oldtimer" of the solar industry, as I've been into solar since the mid-late 2000's and installed mostly household rooftop applications (in the hundreds) and studied PV Farms to the bone. So my background would rather more be into the hardware rather than the software side of things, sorry for that. Congrats to those who braught solarcoin already so far, its now time for people like me to put some steam into the solarcoin and create some buzz. I'd like to join in and bring some advice to push the currency further into its development.

First of all, thanks to Mazzaneo, as I've been discussing much with him about solarcoin (I'm one of those 8 investors) and wouldn't be here without him. Having read the brilliant DeKo paper, it seems to me that this cryptocurrency, in sharp contrast with many others, actually makes a lot of sense (and good). So in a word, I believe a lot in this cryptocurrency and the work accomplished to date is impressive.

My concern is Value. Indeed, in order to pickup and move (fast) forward, the solarcoin currency needs to prove that it creates value. You can argue to the fact that whereas fiat ccy is backed by gold on (at best) a 5 to 1 par (ie there is only 1USD of real gold value per 5USD of papermoney circulating out there), solarcoin actually is closer to a real, proven and quantifiable 1 to 1 ratio (ie. 1MWh of tangible solar electricity = 1SLR), so in essence, solarcoin is more trustable than gold. But my concern is the tangible. Indeed, in order to take off, this currency needs more than developers and investors. My concern stems to the fact that, in order to bring attraction to the currency, buzz has to be created ; people have to be enticed to either invest (with a forward thinking) into solarcoin (although there is a limit to that, if it is not to create a bubble) and/or list their solar farm or solar rooftop application through the Solarcoin Generator Registration Program. So in order to take off, solarcoin now needs hardware : actual pv fields or solar rooftops. Only then will it be proven that value is created. 

PV owners should simply register then!

The thing is : it's too complicated.

Most of the folk I know from my generation will be very dubious about cryptocurrencies in general, so why would they actually upload information of their solar rooftop application (remember that they need a solarcoin wallet to do this!), let alone invest in the ccy itself...!

Alas, if we don't have any registered solar farm or household PV applications, then widespread adoption of the currency will not follow (there currently is "only" 50.000 coins out there which have been registered through the SolarCoin Generator Registration Program). So we need an answer to this dilemma.

To my mind, what you are doing, Ifloorwalker is just that! By reviewing this Datalogger concept, you are creating a tool to help register these solar applications and create value.

So what is a datalogger ? Lets get to the basics :

An array of solar panels is connected to a/several inverter(s). Light (photons) activate solar cells of the solar panel which, in short, produce electricity in the form of DC current. The inverter converts DC into AC current and then, passed a couple of transformers, you feed this electricity  into the grid. I'm sure by now everybody knows this.

The inverter may be equipped (at the request of client, financing party/Bank) with a transmitter/controller/datalogger in order to monitor the amount of solar energy produced (kWh) and fed into the grid. This datalogger is attached directly to the inverter via an RS-485 (or other) cable. Usually, each inverter producer markets its own datalogger. They can be cabled (ethernet), wireless (wifi) or even remote-controled (with a mobilephone chip – sim card that will transmit the information on a daily/hourly basis to a Control Unit (usually at the headquarters of an Installer or an inverter manufacturer who supplies some extendible guarantee on the equipment)).

I will kindly refer you here to some types of monitoring devices/datalogger used widespread in the market : SMA's (inverter manufacturer) inverters are plugged to a datalogger (the sunny webbox) which will display indoors (on a small screen called the "sunnybeam") or directly onto your computer screen (via the "sunny portal"). Checkout : http://www.sma.de/en/products/monitoring-control.html

The datalogger I personaly like to work with is that of solarlog because you may use it with any type of inverter, regardless of the brand. See http://www.solar-log.com/en/home.html

The information sent to client might also be in an excel file or coded to UTF-8 (I personally don't know what that looks like) or some other code and might display info such as : ID - Name of installation, Monthly Energy [kWh] produced in May, Monthly Energy [kWh/kWp] for May, Yearly Energy produced to date [kWh] 2014, Yearly Energy [kWh/kWp] 2014.

In essence, such production information exists and may be used. Indeed, a datalogger is quite cheap (400-500usd max!) and rather than developing a brand new datalogger I'd recommend checking these out first (see above) to see if we couldn't actually use these.

What would we use these dataloggers for ?

I believe that with the information retrieved from each datalogger, we could ask any PV houselhold owner to simply have this information sent to us (ie : "us", being the solarcoin foundation) and we in turn, would manage the solarcoins for the client.

All a PV owner would have to do is register his solar PV info into the registration program, and let his datalogger send us his production info so that we know exactly when his solar installation has achieved 1MWh, at which point we would credit his wallet. The solarcoin foundation would manage his solarcoins until the day when this PV owner actually wants to redeem his coins (by which time, I'm sure he will have figured out how to manage a cryptocurrency wallet).

Now, I'm sure, there's a bigload of coding in order to setup such an interface between the datalogger and the plateform/interent site in order to retrieve this information (especially that each datalogger might have its own coding!), but I believe whomever does come with such an interface will make it (very) easy for Mr. Anybody to register his solar application through the SolarCoin Generator Registration Program.

Looking forward to meeting you all and the development team,

sunnyboy

Hi Ifloorwalker,

I've contacted the Cloudindustries - their technology might seem to be what I actually need for a solarpark we're working on.

I'd like to respond in private to you - go see your inbox.

BR,

Sunnyboy
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:26:56 AM

If you make a datalogger, how do you prove that the power came from a Solar Panel? Someone could trick the logger into thinking energy being used is energy being created.

When 1MWh is created, the owner was paid by the electric company or compensated as a discount from their bill. The owner was technically compensated already and now gets a coin to sell on the open market. How does this create value? I think this is the dilemma that needs to be dealt with.

So flip the model upside down. Buying a Datalogger gets you a certain amount of coins up front as you invest in the Crypto of SolarCoin. There are no other coins to be paid out to the owner of the Datalogger. So make the installation of the Datalogger a very good deal for the owner. You could even put a solar panel on the datalogger so it will pay for itself too over time Smiley

So turning it upside down means that the only coins that are paid out have been installed as dataloggers. At this point people will only be able to buy coin from those who invested real money and these people will set the price of the coin as they would not lose their investment and sell lower since it is always a fixed cost to get a datalogger, conversely you can't sell coin for much higher than the cost of the DataLogger. Now if they want to earn PoS from their coins they keep them and the only way you can earn PoS is to own a DataLogger. When the DataLogger reaches 1MWh it triggers PoS and sends the wallet a Stake. Then based on the amount of coin in the wallet it stakes proportionately. So keeping your coin makes you more PoS to then sell on the open market and get ROI. Takes out coin dumps, very valuable coin at first too.

I guess you could also make the DataLogger a special ASIC and mine the coin as PoW also and pay back the investment with time instead of giving the coin out right away. Putting the solar panel on the DataLogger would also mean it knows when sun is hitting the DataLogger and can not be tricked easily but I am sure this isn't foolproof. The public will also know that the price for the coin will always be a set price! All of the costs are in the open and PoS will be a set percentage. Then people can feel like they get a deal buying the PoS coins for slightly less than the buy in since they could just buy a datalogger to participate at that point. It will always be cheaper than the real cost of electricity if set up properly economically. Then with the sale of coin eventually the Owners of the DataLoggers will be paid off and their coin will be pure profit.

But if you make it so the DataLogger is paid up front for the coin then PoS starts immediately and kick starts the economy, there could be a Max coin for dataloggers too? Since it should equal the buy in. So you can't corner the market and your PoS is based on your MWh anyways, meaning more MWh gets quicker stakes. This could be decided by the community anyways.

I am working on some other ideas that I have to perfect first. But you can see how outsiders who can't afford to install Panels, would first of all know for a fact that people invested, and that this coin is truly backed by green!

Now we can also make the coin more valuable by creating a Bulk Purchase Store for Panels! Then people buying the coin can use the coin to buy panels from the main merchant store at deep discount. This creates the worth for the coin and people will be participating. They can only buy at special pricing with SolarCoin creating demand for the coin. This means they have to buy it from the market and create demand for the DataLoggers that are in place already. This will self perpetuate. And those purchases may also buy DataLoggers at that point. The costs for the dataloggers should also be fair and just enough to be profitable to replicate. But selling these products could also be an economy of its own. I would personally want to be involved with the hardware, selling the shovels may make more money than digging! We could even install our own EPROM's into panels like an OEM and sell them with an embedded DataLogger.

Again, like SunnyBoy said there is a lot of effort here, but it creates worth this way.

Brainstorming something like this is how we will get it done under the sun! No free coin until the sun pays back the money!
tokyopotato
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:06:43 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2015, 06:42:42 AM by tokyopotato

The SLR long-term price chart looks very nice.  Stable.  I see the whale playing around with the order books.  I would ignore this guy and not worry about the price.  Put your buy support low and don't get suckered up. Getting on more exchanges and spreading liquidity through exchanges would defuse the capabilities of the whale to control the market by creating more arbitrage opportunities and bringing more traders in.

I spend a lot of time on IRC where most development happens in cryptocurrency, and where you can get in contact with exchanges better.  If you guys want to come on IRC and hang in our channel as well, we can try to make this happen quicker.  I have developed relationships with many exchanges over time... the key is that exchanges want someone to fill the orderbooks if they open a market.  I firmly believe every cryptocurrency development team should have someone dedicated to market making.

I registered #SLR on the Freenode network as someone already has #Solarcoin.  You could probably request it from the #Freenode staff but I will give you guys control of #SLR.  You guys would benefit from a small IRC presence IMO.  Are there any IRC users here?  I recommend using IRC Cloud (it's free and you can use it on mobile devices) Make sure to register your names with Nickserv...  maybe we could even help you get an IRC tip bot as well.  

And yes... we are still working on figuring out issues with wallet for a hard-fork.  Also if you guys come on IRC you can maybe get involved at looking at the code repository as well?  The more eyes the better.  I will be in #SLR #solarcoin #cannacoin waiting for ya'll Smiley Cheers
sunnyboy

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 06:31:04 PM

If you make a datalogger, how do you prove that the power came from a Solar Panel? Someone could trick the logger into thinking energy being used is energy being created.

When 1MWh is created, the owner was paid by the electric company or compensated as a discount from their bill. The owner was technically compensated already and now gets a coin to sell on the open market. How does this create value? I think this is the dilemma that needs to be dealt with.

So flip the model upside down. Buying a Datalogger gets you a certain amount of coins up front as you invest in the Crypto of SolarCoin. There are no other coins to be paid out to the owner of the Datalogger. So make the installation of the Datalogger a very good deal for the owner. You could even put a solar panel on the datalogger so it will pay for itself too over time Smiley

So turning it upside down means that the only coins that are paid out have been installed as dataloggers. At this point people will only be able to buy coin from those who invested real money and these people will set the price of the coin as they would not lose their investment and sell lower since it is always a fixed cost to get a datalogger, conversely you can't sell coin for much higher than the cost of the DataLogger. Now if they want to earn PoS from their coins they keep them and the only way you can earn PoS is to own a DataLogger. When the DataLogger reaches 1MWh it triggers PoS and sends the wallet a Stake. Then based on the amount of coin in the wallet it stakes proportionately. So keeping your coin makes you more PoS to then sell on the open market and get ROI. Takes out coin dumps, very valuable coin at first too.

I guess you could also make the DataLogger a special ASIC and mine the coin as PoW also and pay back the investment with time instead of giving the coin out right away. Putting the solar panel on the DataLogger would also mean it knows when sun is hitting the DataLogger and can not be tricked easily but I am sure this isn't foolproof. The public will also know that the price for the coin will always be a set price! All of the costs are in the open and PoS will be a set percentage. Then people can feel like they get a deal buying the PoS coins for slightly less than the buy in since they could just buy a datalogger to participate at that point. It will always be cheaper than the real cost of electricity if set up properly economically. Then with the sale of coin eventually the Owners of the DataLoggers will be paid off and their coin will be pure profit.

But if you make it so the DataLogger is paid up front for the coin then PoS starts immediately and kick starts the economy, there could be a Max coin for dataloggers too? Since it should equal the buy in. So you can't corner the market and your PoS is based on your MWh anyways, meaning more MWh gets quicker stakes. This could be decided by the community anyways.

I am working on some other ideas that I have to perfect first. But you can see how outsiders who can't afford to install Panels, would first of all know for a fact that people invested, and that this coin is truly backed by green!

Now we can also make the coin more valuable by creating a Bulk Purchase Store for Panels! Then people buying the coin can use the coin to buy panels from the main merchant store at deep discount. This creates the worth for the coin and people will be participating. They can only buy at special pricing with SolarCoin creating demand for the coin. This means they have to buy it from the market and create demand for the DataLoggers that are in place already. This will self perpetuate. And those purchases may also buy DataLoggers at that point. The costs for the dataloggers should also be fair and just enough to be profitable to replicate. But selling these products could also be an economy of its own. I would personally want to be involved with the hardware, selling the shovels may make more money than digging! We could even install our own EPROM's into panels like an OEM and sell them with an embedded DataLogger.

Again, like SunnyBoy said there is a lot of effort here, but it creates worth this way.

Brainstorming something like this is how we will get it done under the sun! No free coin until the sun pays back the money!

I Agree with CryptoNick, there are a lot of things to do out there and a lot of ideas (if not businesses themselves!!) could actually be "plugges" into the solarcoin.

Keep in mind that we are creating a virtuous circle now : we, the community, are all building up the bricks and mortar in order to get to widespread use of the ccy.

There is a chain effect to the work we are doing in the sence that, the more we do now, the easier it becomes for later work (so in this sence, the hardests bricks to mine are actually the first ones...!)

In developing this chain effect, I believe owners of a solar photovoltaic system have a lot to do, if not owners of solar parks themselves!! These are the people to bring on board : http://solarcoin.org/over-2m-in-claimable-solarcoin-available-globally/

World's largest photovoltaic power stations (50 MW or larger)
   Photovoltaic power station   Country   Site co-ordinates               

Coinmarketcap.com SLR price info

(MWp)   10% § Bounty   @ §120:$1   Yearly claim   25 yr value
   Desert Sunlight Solar Farm   USA   
33°49′33″N115°24′08″W
   550   §72,270   $602   $6,023   $150,563
   Topaz Solar Farm   USA   
35°23′N 120°4′W
   550   §72,270   $602   $6,023   $150,563
   Longyangxia Dam Solar Park   China   
36°07′20″N100°55′06″E
   320   §42,048   $350   $3,504   $87,600
   Solar Star I and II   USA      309   §40,603   $338   $3,384   $84,589
   California Valley Solar Ranch   USA   
35°20′N 119°55′W
   292   §38,369   $320   $3,197   $79,935
   Agua Caliente Solar Project   USA   
32°57.2′N 113°29.4′W
   290   §38,106   $318   $3,176   $79,388
   Antelope Valley Solar Ranch   USA   
34°46′N 118°25′W
   266   §34,952   $291   $2,913   $72,818
   Charanka Solar Park   India   
23°54′N 71°12′E
   224   §29,434   $245   $2,453   $61,320
   Mesquite Solar project   USA   
33°20′N 112°55′W
   207   §27,200   $227   $2,267   $56,666
   Mount Signal Solar   USA      206   §27,068   $226   $2,256   $56,393
   Gonghe Industrial Park Phase I   China      200   §26,280   $219   $2,190   $54,750

Huanghe Hydropower Golmud Solar Park
   China   
36°24′00″N95°07′30″E
   200   §26,280   $219   $2,190   $54,750
   Imperial Valley Solar Project   USA      200   §26,280   $219   $2,190   $54,750
   Copper Mountain Solar Facility   USA   
35°47′N 114°59′W
   192   §25,229   $210   $2,102   $52,560
   Centinela Solar Energy Project   USA   
32°40′55″N115°39′38″W
   170   §22,338   $186   $1,862   $46,538
   Solarpark Meuro   Germany   
51°32′N 13°55′E
   166   §21,812   $182   $1,818   $45,443
   Campo Verde Solar Project   USA   
32°45′N 115°43′W
   161   §21,155   $176   $1,763   $44,074

Imperial Solar Energy Center South
   USA   
32°47′N 115°42′W
   150   §19,710   $164   $1,643   $41,063
   Arlington Valley Solar II   USA   
33°18′39″N112°49′44″W
   145   §19,053   $159   $1,588   $39,694
   Neuhardenberg Solar Park   Germany   
52°36′49.62″N14°14′32.64″E
   145   §19,053   $159   $1,588   $39,694
   Catalina Solar Project   USA   
34°56′N 118°20′W
   143   §18,790   $157   $1,566   $39,146
   Welspun Solar MP project   India      130   §17,082   $142   $1,424   $35,588
   Templin Solar Park   Germany   
53°1′53.62″N13°32′18.92″E
   128.48   §16,882   $141   $1,407   $35,171
   Toul-Rosières Solar Park   France   
48.786672°N 5.979002°E
   115   §15,111   $126   $1,259   $31,481
   Perovo Solar Park   Ukraine   
44°54′N 33°56′E
   105.56   §13,871   $116   $1,156   $28,897
   Gansu Jiayuguan Solar Park   China      100   §13,140   $110   $1,095   $27,375
   Ningxia Qingyang Solar Park   China      100   §13,140   $110   $1,095   $27,375
   Xitieshan Solar Park   China   
37°18′34″N 95°29′5″E
   100   §13,140   $110   $1,095   $27,375

Sarnia Photovoltaic Power Plant
   Canada   
42°56′N 82°20′W
   97   §12,746   $106   $1,062   $26,554
   Brandenburg-Briest Solarpark   Germany   
52°26′12″N12°27′05″E
   91   §11,957   $100   $996   $24,911
   Solarpark Finow Tower   Germany   
52°49′31″N13°41′54″E
   84.7   §11,130   $93   $927   $23,187

Montalto di Castro Photovoltaic Power Station
   Italy   
42°21′N 11°35′E
   84.2   §11,064   $92   $922   $23,050
   Lopburi Solar Farm   Thailand   
14°56′N 100°46′E
   84   §11,038   $92   $920   $22,995
   Eggebek Solar Park   Germany   
54°37′46″N 9°20′36″E
   83.6   §10,985   $92   $915   $22,886

Oita City Mega-Solar Power Plant
   Japan      82.02   §10,777   $90   $898   $22,453
   Senftenberg Solarpark   Germany      81   §10,643   $89   $887   $22,174
   Finsterwalde Solar Park   Germany   
51°34′N 13°45′E
   80.7   §10,604   $88   $884   $22,092
   Datong Solar Park   China      80   §10,512   $88   $876   $21,900
   Okhotnykovo Solar Park   Ukraine   
45°14′N 33°35′E
   80   §10,512   $88   $876   $21,900
   Kalkbult Solar Park   
South Africa
      75   §9,855   $82   $821   $20,531
   Lesedi Solar Park   
South Africa
   Letsatsi Solar Park   
South Africa
   Lieberose Photovoltaic Park   Germany   
51°55′N 14°24′E
   71.8   §9,435   $79   $786   $19,655

Rovigo Photovoltaic Power Plant
   Italy   
45°02′N 11°34′E
   70.566   §9,272   $77   $773   $19,317

Kagoshima Nanatsujima Megasolar Project
   Japan   
31°28′00″N130°31′30″E
   70   §9,198   $77   $767   $19,163
   Sakri solar plant   India   
20°59′N 74°19′E
   70   §9,198   $77   $767   $19,163
   Nikolayevka Solar Park   Ukraine      69.7   §9,159   $76   $763   $19,080
   Sault Ste. Marie Solar Park   Canada   
46°33′N 84°21′W
   69   §9,067   $76   $756   $18,889
   Solarpark Alt Daber   Germany   
53°12′N 12°31′E
   67.8   §8,909   $74   $742   $18,560
   Gabardan Solar Park   France   
44°03′N 00°01′W
   67.2   §8,830   $74   $736   $18,396
   Alpine Solar   USA   
34.796925°N 118.512315°W[97]
   66   §8,672   $72   $723   $18,068
   Laowa Solar Park   China   
24°47′N 103°26′E
   66   §8,672   $72   $723   $18,068
   Green Tower   Germany      61   §8,015   $67   $668   $16,699

Wulanchabu Siziwangqi Solar Park
   China      60.5   §7,950   $66   $662   $16,562
   Karadzhalovo Solar Park   Bulgaria   
42°06′17″N25°19′18″E
   60.4   §7,937   $66   $661   $16,535
   Alpaugh Solar Plant   USA      60   §7,884   $66   $657   $16,425
   Crucey Solar Park   France   
48°38′44″N01°05′56″E
   60   §7,884   $66   $657   $16,425
   Olmedilla Photovoltaic Park   Spain   
39°37′N 02°04′W
   Silver State North   USA   
35°37′N 115°21′W
   Avenal Solar Facility   USA   
35°59′N 120°06′W
   57.7   §7,582   $63   $632   $15,795
   Massangis Solar Park   France   
47°38′N 03°58′E
   56   §7,358   $61   $613   $15,330
   Priozernaya Solar Park   Ukraine      54.8   §7,201   $60   $600   $15,002
   Strasskirchen Solar Park   Germany   
48°48′N 12°43′E
   54   §7,096   $59   $591   $14,783
   Walddrehna Solar Park   Germany   
51°47′N 13°38′E
   52.3   §6,872   $57   $573   $14,317
   Waldpolenz Solar Park   Germany   
51°19′N 12°39′E
   52   §6,833   $57   $569   $14,235
   Puertollano   Spain   
38°37′18.12″N3°58′31.31″W
   Tutow Solar Park   Germany   
53°55′N 13°12′E
   Pobeda Solar Park   Bulgaria   
43°31′16″N24°32′30″E
   50.6   §6,649   $55   $554   $13,852
   Gansu Dunhuang Solar Park   China   
40.07°N 94.5018°E
   50   §6,570   $55   $548   $13,688
   Golmud CPV Solar Park   China   
36°25′N 94°54′E
   Hongsibao Solar Park   China   
39°20′N 106°44′E
   Huaneng Geermu Solar Park   China   
36°23′13.2″N95°6′18″E
   Qinghai Golmud Solar Park   China   
36°20′N 95°13′E
   Weidi Solar Park   China   
26°10′34″N101°39′07″E

Welspun Energy Rajasthan 50 MW Project
   India   
27°24′40.69″N72°9′30.40″E

Total            §1,177,295   $9,811   $98,108   $2,452,698
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:57:11 PM

Huge list, how do we translate that into real money though?

Ok so here is the idea that should take it over the top.

Step 1. Create the foolproof datalogger with its own solar panel that will attach and monitor any array. It could also be installed contractually to make sure it is legit.
Step 2. Create a non-profit account with each power company.
Step 3. Owners of the Panels will donate to the non-profit account for the power they normally sell back to the power company, or a portion if possible.
Step 4. The account will be credited by the Power Company into the Non-Profit account.
Step 5. The datalogger will send the info to credit the wallet with coin based on the MWh.
Step 6. Use the money inside the Non-Profit account to make a buy wall on the exchanges. Or use portions to buy the Bulk Panels to sell to people at a discount if using SolarCoin they purchased. (Demand from better Product/Pricing)
Step7. Any sales in FIAT exchanges profits back into the wall, sales with coin means Panel Owners sold above the buy wall which is a constant. If someone sells out the buy wall then the market cap is met until the next cycle.

Just creating the buy wall as a security for representation of the money in real dollars reflected by the price sold to the grid would be enough though. Creating the merchant store could boost the buying of SolarCoin. Since any Merchant selling any product or good could support SolarCoin, this would be a given if acceptance was widespread as BitCoin for example. So the merchant store isn't entirely necessary.

It is just a swap out at that point but you have PoS from the coins and I was wanting that to only be available to DataLogger wallets only somehow. So if someone wants in on the extra profit they have to buy solar panels and invest to grow the Solar Economy. Since they can just buy and hold coin and never lose value at all! In fact it would only grow if you think about the next paragraph.

The other way to do it is to start a huge Solar Farm and use the Profits from all sales and the money from all output to put more panels up that would NOT mine coins but feed back into the economy in the buy wall. It could do coins though but this is an unfair advantage so it should just be like a Dividend payment since it will boost up the buy wall past where the normal market cap would be! Then SolarMiners can make these profits better from their coins which allows them to realize the beauty of the economy. Once the ROI on the panels is achieved you just have operational costs to cover.

Now take some of the larger farms from the list and imagine the main SolarFarm for SolarCoin is that big. Each year it could be producing the big figures and as more people buy in the bigger the farm grows. The only people able to sell Coins at first are the SolarMiners. No coin is given to the infrastructure unless you have sales of Panels. In this case the coins could be burned so they don't depreciate the sellers in the market. Since people are buying the products with the coin sold by the miners you facilitate a passthrough for a green footprint. Since the money to buy the Panels to Sell to the public was created by the SolarMiners this could also give higher values to the coin itself in dollar to coin ratio in the market. This is because the energy that is freely produced from the large main farm will be feeding the economy too. There would need to be an equation for the market at all times since it is going to be based on output and coin supply vs. FIAT.

This is the only real way to create an economy that can not be manipulated by big players or anyone for that matter. They have to put up the power first and monetize into the Crypto. Then if they hold the Crypto and it catches on they are sitting pretty. Since they alone could not manage a SolarFarm on their roof yet they will be tied to its profits so holding coin is wise as more people jump on board growing exponentially. Sort of like Network Marketing in a way too but the top of the Pyramid works for everyone!
Epiphany

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 01:16:24 AM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11358316/Central-bank-prophet-fears-QE-warfare-pushing-world-financial-system-out-of-control.html

Good thing we're out in front, prepping a solution for the coming problems.

I don't recommend reading the article if you have any fears of fiat collapse, it's not for the weak at heart.

Only this matters: §1 = 1MWh

Bitcoin:     17tzgWkXMBazch4koAhokMTcCtbc4TaYkE
Ether:        0xfe700f4aeec47e52eafad00f81977bb89738e0ae
​SolarCoin: 8MDk963sEh7RCMo3y3st7hTzMs7FzSdWSx
Dogecoin: DEgdH6CFTLSEeVVPqfE18ySCQqDWmLxp33
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 02:39:05 AM

So I might keep my SLR for the medium term if things look this promising.

CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:04:16 AM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11358316/Central-bank-prophet-fears-QE-warfare-pushing-world-financial-system-out-of-control.html

I don't recommend reading the article if you have any fears of fiat collapse, it's not for the weak at heart.

It is way more scary than that, what is even more scary is that only 1 person has gone to jail for CDO fraud and the only reason he went to jail is that he admitted to it. Back in 2008 it was a Quadrillion dollar call on the Open Derivatives market with the Credit Default Swaps taken out of the safety net. The banks securitized the bad loans they said were Triple AAA's. This also made it so there was no negotiation possible for reworking payment structure on the loans, forcing people to Short Sale or get Robo Signed into Forclosure. Then through MERS the whole thing was devised to also step around the county recorders office in order to not have to pay filing fees or tax burdens on the properties. This was the crime of the century and then the most obvious terminology came into play. TARP, and we all know that TARP's are used to cover things up! lol

The rich get even richer in bad times, they buy up all the Forclosures or Short Sales and the banks also get the difference covered by Federal Insurance. So guess who just lost out? The little guys. And the actual properties that still have MERZ on their Titles now have Clouded Titles. The Security holders are now trying to take action too.

A quadrillion dollars is 1000 Trillions! You can also find out more about the FED RES audit and investigation by the senate only to realize the senate has been barred and has no oversight. They asked about the off the books ledger and it got real scary very quickly. Who is minding the till at the Federal Reserve is the name of the video.

SolarCoin could rescue the world if it goes Viral and backs with a type of system I suggested.

I also think that when people go to FIAT that the SolarCoin should be burned since the wall is the money generated by the panels.
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:48:41 AM

It is way more scary than that, what is even more scary is that only 1 person has gone to jail for CDO fraud and the only reason he went to jail is that he admitted to it. Back in 2008 it was a Quadrillion dollar call on the Open Derivatives market with the Credit Default Swaps taken out of the safety net. The banks securitized the bad loans they said were Triple AAA's. This also made it so there was no negotiation possible for reworking payment structure on the loans, forcing people to Short Sale or get Robo Signed into Forclosure. Then through MERS the whole thing was devised to also step around the county recorders office in order to not have to pay filing fees or tax burdens on the properties. This was the crime of the century and then the most obvious terminology came into play. TARP, and we all know that TARP's are used to cover things up! lol

The rich get even richer in bad times, they buy up all the Forclosures or Short Sales and the banks also get the difference covered by Federal Insurance. So guess who just lost out? The little guys. And the actual properties that still have MERZ on their Titles now have Clouded Titles. The Security holders are now trying to take action too.

A quadrillion dollars is 1000 Trillions! You can also find out more about the FED RES audit and investigation by the senate only to realize the senate has been barred and has no oversight. They asked about the off the books ledger and it got real scary very quickly. Who is minding the till at the Federal Reserve is the name of the video.

SolarCoin could rescue the world if it goes Viral and backs with a type of system I suggested.

I also think that when people go to FIAT that the SolarCoin should be burned since the wall is the money generated by the panels.

1 SLR = 1 MW/h right? Well what good is energy generation? What Solarcoin is doing is getting backing by the ability to do work in a clean way. This in itself carries value. This coin doesn't merely derive it's value by entering the populace. It gets most of it's value by representing units of the ability to do work, this is the most basic definition of energy. It's a real value based system, and it trumps fiat, but it must work with fiat in order to have a basis of trade. If and when Solarcoin goes straight to fiat with a large enough following of claimants, it will begin to build true real world value.

There's only a couple of crypto currencies that are doing something like this, but Solarcoin is unique even amongst them.

mazzaneo

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:16:00 AM

Let's not forget the imminent vote in Greece which could see the first exit from the EU

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2015, 02:48:12 PM

The article is interesting and highlights the limits of QE with a large central bank balance sheet to GDP and a Zero bound rate mean limited room for maneuver.  A few risks are present, a rate shock i.e. bond vigilantes who push up the debt service to GDP ratio on rollover debt which accelerates issuance or a deflationary environment which increases relative debt service for consumers.  Given increased QE and debt issuance as solutions to either of these, the solution is potentially a massive issuance and extreme hyper-inflation.  Note these are 2 of many scenarios, but highlight the risks.

For those interested in understanding credit markets and thier relationships to currency I would suggest www.economicprinciples.com Credit/debt is merely currency/money issued against future expectations. When those expectations aren't meant a default can occur.  Massive potential defaults are a credit bubble.

crypto currencies don't solve the problem of credit bubbles.  Should a crypto currency become price/value stable enough to see credit issued in it.  Right now BTC etc. is to volatile and economically marginal to lend/borrow in as borrowers need to match their assets and liabilities.  Should a BTC credit market evolve with a yield curve it would occur with banks etc. acting as lenders etc. The chance for over issuance of credit would still exist only it would denominated in a currency which couldn't be inflated to relieve the debt crisis. 

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 03:34:31 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2015, 03:54:33 PM by vipgelsi

Anyone friendly wth T Boone Pickens? He is really pushing alternative energy lately.

He might be interested in Solarcoins. If anyone has a twitter account he seems active on there.
sunnyboy

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:14:42 PM

Over 400,000 solarcoins for sale at Bittrex nice entry point if someone is serious about Solarcoins.
It would seem our ghost is losing control of the market and getting desperate

I feel like getting some bitcoin and taking those of his hands. At least it would get rid of that wall. Judging from the historical graph it seems SLR hasn't stayed above 0.00002 for to long however BTC was more expensive then.

"Mr Whale... Tear down this Wall!!" Over 10BTC on sale there :-)
CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:04:37 PM

1 SLR = 1 MW/h right? Well what good is energy generation? What Solarcoin is doing is getting backing by the ability to do work in a clean way. This in itself carries value. This coin doesn't merely derive it's value by entering the populace. It gets most of it's value by representing units of the ability to do work, this is the most basic definition of energy. It's a real value based system, and it trumps fiat, but it must work with fiat in order to have a basis of trade. If and when Solarcoin goes straight to fiat with a large enough following of claimants, it will begin to build true real world value.

There's only a couple of crypto currencies that are doing something like this, but Solarcoin is unique even amongst them.

SolarCoin is in PoW and uses energy to create the coins so how green is that? If the coin were more popular the nethash rate would be higher than 200Mhash and using much more electricity if scaled to BitCoin Diff and Pool Divisions. So people who don't even have Solar Panels can mine the coin, so who really needs solar panels at all? Using your logic, I could just start a coin based on Geo Thermal power. I may only have 10 people that claim the credit but everyone could mine it and intrinsically the 10 applicants made 1 coin per MWh so they proved all is right with my model. Meanwhile one million coins were created in the PoW pool and 1000 coins were created by the Geo Thermal proven sites. This may not be the exact math but I would venture to say that you don't have 33.5 Million+ MWh setup to make the coin in circulation equate.

Right now you can complain about Whales since the coin was minted instead of harvested and now sold. But they are the ones getting rich and we don't really know who they are to begin with, yet they proved they have mining equipment and own a ton of coin now. Your entire economy can be manipulated since it still doesn't relate to power even though it matches 1 coin per 1MWh. These coins are not matched to this equation but may sell at that rate or most likely lower since more coin is being mined.

So if you are just Pegging the coin to the cost of a MegaWatt there is nothing tangible at all other than the index. I can create my own coin now and call it ElectriCoin and peg it to the same index and you can plug in a meter to prove you have updated appliances.

corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 07:12:53 AM

SolarCoin is in PoW and uses energy to create the coins so how green is that? If the coin were more popular the nethash rate would be higher than 200Mhash and using much more electricity if scaled to BitCoin Diff and Pool Divisions. So people who don't even have Solar Panels can mine the coin, so who really needs solar panels at all? Using your logic, I could just start a coin based on Geo Thermal power. I may only have 10 people that claim the credit but everyone could mine it and intrinsically the 10 applicants made 1 coin per MWh so they proved all is right with my model. Meanwhile one million coins were created in the PoW pool and 1000 coins were created by the Geo Thermal proven sites. This may not be the exact math but I would venture to say that you don't have 33.5 Million+ MWh setup to make the coin in circulation equate.

Right now you can complain about Whales since the coin was minted instead of harvested and now sold. But they are the ones getting rich and we don't really know who they are to begin with, yet they proved they have mining equipment and own a ton of coin now. Your entire economy can be manipulated since it still doesn't relate to power even though it matches 1 coin per 1MWh. These coins are not matched to this equation but may sell at that rate or most likely lower since more coin is being mined.

So if you are just Pegging the coin to the cost of a MegaWatt there is nothing tangible at all other than the index. I can create my own coin now and call it ElectriCoin and peg it to the same index and you can plug in a meter to prove you have updated appliances.

Over a 40 year period it does. There are billions of coins in the pool waiting for solar claimants over that 40 year period, and it even goes back 3 years right now for claims. The large solar farms can always claim tens of thousands of coins for 2012(?) to 2014 power production. That's several hundred thousand coins right there and more in the future.

You misunderstand the scale of this venture. It's designed with much longer time periods than you're suggesting.

CryptoNick
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 04:08:44 PM

Over a 40 year period it does.

So you have done all the math for every possible claimant or I guess you just pool it? If the coins are never claimed then the disparity is shown in the market since they can be claimed later. So you always base your Market Cap on unclaimed coins and you also base their output prior to your coin's creation. While you give the same value to the PoW coins as you do the Claim coins. Using PoW means you use energy and do not create energy when creating coins, good thing there is only 200Mhash as it is low energy consumption. This was an oversight.

So claim coins will be sold off to FIAT at a low price. Below 1MWh per coin. These claimants do not care what they sell at for free money. This will erode the value. Since you want to PEG the price at 1MWh per coin you would have to create a buy wall vs FIAT to sustain it. Otherwise it would not be equal in FIAT. Saying 1 Coin Equals 1MWh is only truthful when not compared to FIAT, but when you pay for a MWh how much does that cost and what can your market bear? Seeing that it will be rife with speculators and whales buying and selling it, the manipulation will be rampant. People wanting to get out of the market into FIAT will take losses to the manipulations making it impossible to equal 1MWh cost per coin per BitCoin value... since we know it will not cost more than 1MWh per coin, the price can only be eroded. Not to mention the people who got in on the PoW at 100 per block can manipulate the price also.

So lets say on average a MWh costs $90 on the low end. In some US states it goes as high as $120 per MWh. The cost per coin right now is .00001788 x $232 per BitCoin equals $0.0041 per SLR Coin. This just proves my point. Each coin is not even worth half a penny yet 1 Coin = 1MWh. You don't even have the market cap of a Million AAA Energizer Batteries! So the price per coin should be around .388 per SLR coin to start with or slightly lower reflecting wholesale. So if you are expecting investors to pay for this type of market movement based on Claims made by companies who have already been paid for the power they produced, I have to admire your sense of greed not green.

nickgogerty

Activity: 365

Making things better with better things.

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2015, 06:02:01 PM

So you have done all the math for every possible claimant or I guess you just pool it? If the coins are never claimed then the disparity is shown in the market since they can be claimed later. So you always base your Market Cap on unclaimed coins and you also base their output prior to your coin's creation. While you give the same value to the PoW coins as you do the Claim coins. Using PoW means you use energy and do not create energy when creating coins, good thing there is only 200Mhash as it is low energy consumption. This was an oversight.

So claim coins will be sold off to FIAT at a low price. Below 1MWh per coin. These claimants do not care what they sell at for free money. This will erode the value. Since you want to PEG the price at 1MWh per coin you would have to create a buy wall vs FIAT to sustain it. Otherwise it would not be equal in FIAT. Saying 1 Coin Equals 1MWh is only truthful when not compared to FIAT, but when you pay for a MWh how much does that cost and what can your market bear? Seeing that it will be rife with speculators and whales buying and selling it, the manipulation will be rampant. People wanting to get out of the market into FIAT will take losses to the manipulations making it impossible to equal 1MWh cost per coin per BitCoin value... since we know it will not cost more than 1MWh per coin, the price can only be eroded. Not to mention the people who got in on the PoW at 100 per block can manipulate the price also.

So lets say on average a MWh costs $90 on the low end. In some US states it goes as high as $120 per MWh. The cost per coin right now is .00001788 x $232 per BitCoin equals $0.0041 per SLR Coin. This just proves my point. Each coin is not even worth half a penny yet 1 Coin = 1MWh. You don't even have the market cap of a Million AAA Energizer Batteries! So the price per coin should be around .388 per SLR coin to start with or slightly lower reflecting wholesale. So if you are expecting investors to pay for this type of market movement based on Claims made by companies who have already been paid for the power they produced, I have to admire your sense of greed not green.

Hi just trying to clarify.  98B premine generating pool is non-circulating until claimed. The figure is an estimate of next 40 year generation/potential claim. As non-circulating it has no impact on value/money supply.   Market cap is defined as circulating coins.

Claimed coins may or may not be sold directly for fiat or goods and services or held.  Claimed coins are considered circulating and thus add to the money supply with varying levels of activity.  There is no need for a buy wall or other market manipulation.  The coin represents a means of distributing currency to generators equitably that forms a marginal incentive at the price of the coin. SLR is not directly equivalent to the value of a MWh of power. Solarcoin derives its value like other forms of money from its economic utility.

Please note there a mix of participants in SLR some are miners, some of have purchased using fiat etc. and some have claimed solarcoins.  Once a coin is released into circulation how and what it is traded for is up to the market. Note: the generator pool never sells solarcoins for fiat. To date it has only given solarcoins to claimants. The genesis pool has a 300k liability payable for development.

Nick

Solarcoin (§ SLR) are like airmiles. Each 1 Mhw generated gets you §1 free. Solarcoins can purchase what others will trade: USD,BTC, Soy candles..etc.
corather
Legendary

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 06:02:51 PM

I'd suggest you head over to solarcoin.org. You have a lot of misconceptions about this coin. Also a good read is found here: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1802166

Solarcoin is designed as a feed in tariff for solar power production. It's not designed to replace the value of solar energy, but to encourage more solar energy production.

mazzaneo

View Profile
January 23, 2015, 06:11:24 PM

So if you are expecting investors to pay for this type of market movement based on Claims made by companies who have already been paid for the power they produced, I have to admire your sense of greed not green<< The true value of the coin will be derived from regular household PV systems and not from the solar farm claimants. A household which generates 15 to 30 SLR in a year is not going to sell his coins for $0.0041 each. He is surely going to place more value on his year long output than that.

www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 302 »
  Print  

Jump to: