Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:30:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Camming Site  (Read 26518 times)
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2012, 11:13:58 AM

I think the rss feed is alot more important than that, plus if you implement freemoney's feature, do it so only the broadcaster can see it. Cause one thing I hate on the site is when you donate and people just keep asking you to donate. It is annoying and somes I don't even donate cause of the freeloaders keep begging. Especially if your the only one donating.

It is totally optional on the part of the sender to say into chat "+1.1" before sending the 1.1.

I got that part but sometimes I want to tell the broadcaster and not the whole room, and this could be a way to solve that

Oh sorry, I get it. I thought you just didn't want people to know. That makes sense, maybe "++1.1" for broadcaster only or something.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
June 21, 2012, 11:09:01 PM

I quickly wrapped up a Mobile version of the site to broadcast (I disabled viewing because it looked like crap lol, I need to redo the scaling but will be quite easy). I got a request for this on the site and when I checked it out I tried to quickly get something working.

Please be aware this is very very alpha as porting involved disabling quite some stuff I don't have time to redo now. Enjoy and please report your experience http://cam4btc.com/Main.air
Jan
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 01:12:51 AM

I quickly wrapped up a Mobile version of the site to broadcast (I disabled viewing because it looked like crap lol, I need to redo the scaling but will be quite easy). I got a request for this on the site and when I checked it out I tried to quickly get something working.

Please be aware this is very very alpha as porting involved disabling quite some stuff I don't have time to redo now. Enjoy and please report your experience http://cam4btc.com/Main.air
Doesn't work on an iPhone.

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 02:30:36 AM

Doesn't work on an iPhone.

it is flash and an air app so yea it will not work on the iphone js
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 07:23:43 AM

It should work on a iPhone too as it's an air app (only flash player is not supported on iOS). I am only certain I allowed camera and microphone on Android though. I tested on both emulators and it seems to work, but it's not weird if it doesn't Wink

What kind of behavior do you experience?
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 04:10:08 PM

It should work on a iPhone too as it's an air app (only flash player is not supported on iOS). I am only certain I allowed camera and microphone on Android though. I tested on both emulators and it seems to work, but it's not weird if it doesn't Wink

What kind of behavior do you experience?

Air isn't support on Iphone there isn't even an app to make it possible, not even on a jailbreak iphone, what your thinking of there is a way of converting AIR to a native iphone app but that is a adobe tool.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 04:26:07 PM

Okay I'll check later. In development mode I tested it on several emulators (iPhone4, iPad, HTC andorid and another Android). And I exported the project to air while enabling the air for Androis, iOS and BB. Let me see what I did wrong.

Did anyone try on Android or BlackBerry?
IveBeenBit

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 05:19:43 PM

Okay I'll check later. In development mode I tested it on several emulators (iPhone4, iPad, HTC andorid and another Android). And I exported the project to air while enabling the air for Androis, iOS and BB. Let me see what I did wrong.

Did anyone try on Android or BlackBerry?

Installed Air on my droid phone, then went to the URL you gave and still got a bunch of gibberish.

On a lark, I went to the URL on my PC and saw that it was a zip file. For some reason my phone was looking at the URL and displaying the binary file as text.

Anyways, so then I added Winzip to my droid phone, unzipped it on my phone, tried to run the .swf file and got an error saying I didn't have the correct application.

Then I unzipped the file onto my computer, recreated the zip file's directory structure (manually cuz I had to) and copied all the files over. Still could not get the SWF file to run.

This is weird because I have Adobe play and flash both installed on my phone.

I am not all technical and crap when it comes to my phone. I was just trying shit to see if anything would work. After 30 or 40 minutes of screwing with it, I gave up.
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 05:35:03 PM

Oh I'm sorry for wasting your time I have never tried to install an air application on a mobile device and reckoned it would be the same as on a pc. On a pc (if you have the air player installed) it is as easy as double clicking the air file and it will automatically install.

BTW: Unzipping the air file is definitely not the right way to go, I have packaged it in an air wrapper for the phone to be able to run it, if you take it appart it won't work at all.

Well I did some Googling and I think I know why it didn't work for you, you need to allow the installation of apps from unknown sources (ME! Tongue) on your phone before it will install it

End users of your app can install the AIR runtime and AIR applications using the normal application and distribution mechanism for their device.

On Android, for example, users can install applications from the Android Market. Or, if they have allowed the installation of apps from unknown sources in the Application settings, users can install an app by clicking a link on a web page, or by copying the application package to their device and opening it. If a user attempts to install an Android app, but doesn’t have the AIR runtime installed yet, then they will be automatically directed to the Market where they can install the runtime.

On iOS, there are two ways to distribute applications to end users. The primary distribution channel is the Apple App Store. You can also use ad hoc distribution to allow a limited number of users to install your application without going though the App Store.

See http://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WSfffb011ac560372f-5d0f4f25128cc9cd0cb-7ff6.html for more information

So the steps to be taken are (for Android):

1) Go to application settings and allow the installation of apps from "unknown" sources
2) Download the Main.air file
3) Open the Main.air file (if you don't have the air run-time it should automatically redirect you, if this doesn't work, download and install it yourself)

FYI: I don't have licenses (which cost money) for any app store so i won't be able to distribute it that way. (App stores are retarded imo anyway)

gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 06:00:19 PM

no it is a wate of time to try get it to work on iphone, also why don't you convert the air app to a native apk for android cause for android you can just host your own apk and have people install that way it would be easier
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 06:02:36 PM

Did you click the link? It explain everything there (source is Adobe, all Mobile platforms that are supported are discussed including Android and iOS).

I don't have the time to re-engineer everything on a new platform. I might do that sometime in the future but this
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 07:26:13 PM

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/packaging-air-apps-ios.html

we need a self signed IPA, just an air file is no good
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
June 22, 2012, 08:19:54 PM

So there is a Dragonfly show soon. Sorry but it's too late for me

wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 06:37:55 PM

Okay this http://cam4btc.com/Main.apk will work for Android only (IvebeenBit tested it for me, thank you Smiley). There are a lot of limitations (but it does work):

* I cannot throw alerts so I cannot notify the user when something goes wrong
* Scheduling is disabled
* IveBeenBit had trouble fitting everything on his screen (my emulator is fine though)
* IveBeenBit could not use the chat (my emulator is fine though)
* Broadcasting only

Note that this is quickly ported and could contain some bugs. Tomorrow I'll leave for my holiday so other platforms will have to wait a bit Smiley

Enjoy, shows out in the field could be really awesome Wink
Jan
Legendary

Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 07:27:30 PM

Please provide a URL that shows the schedule using plain old HTML.

Mycelium let's you hold your private keys private.
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 07:34:32 PM

Please provide a URL that shows the schedule using plain old HTML.

If he is going to do that, he might as well make the RSS feed of the schedule they would take the same amount of time using a php RSS library http://simplepie.org/
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 07:39:39 PM

I would have done this already if it were simple. The Schedule is stored in a very simple SQLite DB and I am working on a server with nothing installed (just a webserver and the rendez-vous server and its dependencies (LUA/SSL/SQLite for LUA)).

So if any of you know of a simple way to extract the data from the SQLite DB dynamically and make it available in HTML/RSS/Plain Text I am all ears and will get on it when I get back. Otherwise I'll need to install something (likely PHP) which is quite heavyweight for the intended purpose.
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 07:58:00 PM

This is the best Idea i can get is install sqlite3 and create a bash script to output it to rss, probably you have to put it on a cron for every hour or so
wachtwoord
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 08:05:50 PM

Sqlite3 is installed. The format of the db is as follows:

assert(con:execute("Create TABLE IF NOT exists scheduledShows(id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT, performer varchar(255), showName varchar(255), estimatedDuration INTEGER, startTime INTEGER)"))
With startTime as the number of seconds since 1970 (milliseconds/1000 because otherwise it would choke the SQLite db which wold not return the correct value).

I have no experience with writing and scheduling bash scripts under Linux. Do you (or anyone else here)? Otherwise I'll figure it out. Thanks for the idea anyway Smiley
gweedo
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2012, 08:39:13 PM

https://gist.github.com/2984812
this will output it to html that is all i got for now I have to work on it later but for something quick

and it would work like this

Code:
scheduleToHtml.sh -db <db filename>
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: