Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:41:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 27603 times)
BitcoinEXpress (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:01:54 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2016, 04:24:53 AM by BitcoinEXpress

delete
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 04:36:38 PM

* I have found very specific exploits in CN that have not been fixed that would be successful on XMR. Most are what I call annoyance attacks, that would be fixed and the coin would probably survive, but one is a coin killer. In XMR there exist a flaw involving the keyrings that under the right conditions will allow an attacker to steal your wallets and hijack your addresses. To fix this, anonymity will need to be sacrificed. These exploits are why two top exchanges who have asked for my opinion have not added XMR.

Can you disclose this vulnerability privately to us so we can fix it?

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:03:02 PM

...  but one is a coin killer. In XMR there exist a flaw involving the keyrings that under the right conditions will allow an attacker to steal your wallets and hijack your addresses. To fix this, anonymity will need to be sacrificed.

Did you just say to fix this they have to give up their holy anonymity feature .. the core and essence of CN .. or did I read that wrong?  Shocked
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 05:13:22 PM

* I have found very specific exploits in CN that have not been fixed that would be successful on XMR. Most are what I call annoyance attacks, that would be fixed and the coin would probably survive, but one is a coin killer. In XMR there exist a flaw involving the keyrings that under the right conditions will allow an attacker to steal your wallets and hijack your addresses. To fix this, anonymity will need to be sacrificed. These exploits are why two top exchanges who have asked for my opinion have not added XMR.

Can you unleash these exploits on Bytecoin please?  It would be lulzy, unlike boring private disclosure.  But it would give XMR the chance to react before all hell broke loose.

And it would show which team is more up to the challenge of fixing critical exploits on their live network.  XMR just beat a very sophisticated attack, now it's BCN's turn to play.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:16:45 PM

Maybe the Bytecoin Devs will find it and kill Monero, then maybe we can return to a normal Alt coin subforum!!!
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 05:21:48 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2014, 05:40:23 PM by instacash

I have found very specific exploits in CN that have not been fixed that would be successful on XMR. Most are what I call annoyance attacks, that would be fixed and the coin would probably survive, but one is a coin killer. In XMR there exist a flaw involving the keyrings that under the right conditions will allow an attacker to steal your wallets and hijack your addresses. To fix this, anonymity will need to be sacrificed. These exploits are why two top exchanges who have asked for my opinion have not added XMR.
I could indeed exploit this coin if I wanted but I have no need or desire. Others will find exploits and others *will* exploit it. It's just the nature of the beast.

This sounds interesting

I do not think there is any long term future for this coin.

An assessment that stands in stark contrast to what we're "forced" to read here frequently.

Maybe the Bytecoin Devs will find it and kill Monero, then maybe we can return to a normal Alt coin subforum!!!

Unfortunately the result might be even more threads...
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:08:14 PM

* After conversing with rpietilla I do not think he hired any trolls or is a scammer per say. I do think he has gotten himself into something he didn't expect and is simply trying to build a coin.

I confirm that I haven't (ever) hired trolls, am not a scammer, did not expect these developments and am simply trying to build a coin.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:09:31 PM

How the hell did this empty thread by BitcoinEXpress (of all people lol) get so much attention. BitcoinEXpress just deliver or shut the hell up.

First off mate I didn't start that thread. It usually helps if you look at the first page, then skip to the end.

For the record, I did not seek out Monero on any level or at any time.  I have been bombarded by trolls trying to drag me into this since early July. Honestly I have been way too busy running my pools which have grown over the past two years to the point it requires not just one but three full timers to manage it around the clock, so I don't have time for this tripe let alone the desire.

Back in July after posting about one of several exploits I found and tested in CN the trolls came out in force and starting with this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709197.0 I responded with the quote at the bottom of this post and it is still pretty much true with the following added.

* After being annoyed constantly by the idiot "Moneroman88" thinking he was a part of the XMR Team, I did indeed in a moment of being pissed off send him a couple of PM's. After reading many of the PM's he has blasted me with I have come to the conclusion he really believes what he post and is mental. I am being very serious, so now I just have him on ignore and over look him.

* After conversing with rpietilla I do not think he hired any trolls or is a scammer per say. I do think he has gotten himself into something he didn't expect and is simply trying to build a coin.

*I could indeed exploit this coin if I wanted but I have no need or desire. Others will find exploits and others *will* exploit it. It's just the nature of the beast.

*I hold only a few XMR from mining it in July while researching it. Personally I think this coin is going to be like a lot of other coins that have spiked and died. I do believe there is the ability to make short term huge profits though. I do not think there is any long term future for this coin. If I were mining this coin, due to its potential for exploitation, I would mine and sell. (admittedly, an opinion on the future of XMR)

* If I were rpietila or smooth I would make a thread publicly and harshly disavowing all trolls, post only in your official thread ignoring all others and self moderate the hell out of it. If you continue to engage and feed them outside of your controlled thread, they will only grow.

** Pay Attention Here **
*I have no intentions to attack or dedicate any resources to XMR. If anything DGC will be the next to get my full intention depending on what happens with their founder. This does not mean others will not exploit XMR especially given the attention all the troll hype has brought on this coin.

I hope this concludes the "BCX Boogieman Scare"

~BCX~

Post from July in response to trolls

Let me clarify a few things since I consider myself an expert on BCX LOL.

1) I never called or have I determined Monero to be a shitcoin. I clearly stated in my first post in another thread "that I had a few PM's asking me to *look at a shitcoin called Monero*"

2) I have never said I was going to attack it.

3) I am clearly in an evaluation mode and I am adding machines and rigs to it daily.

4) I am actually working on a solution to the diff exploit on my own as I do not play well in groups. I will share the code with TT if I am successful. The bloat issue is trivial, the devs could fix it tomorrow if they wanted.

5) Fluffy is correct, I do not possess magical powers. What I do posses is the ability conjecture up staggering amounts of cpu hashrate on demand, very large amounts of gpu and asic hashrates (I realize asics are useless here), a large network of like minded people, skill and more btc than I will ever spend as I was cpu mining Bitcoin pre GPU mining. This gives me the ability to bring enormous amounts of hash rate or traffic to any chain, pool or site I choose to. Some incorrectly accuse me of doing so maliciously Huh

6) Like a lot of the devs I have proven wrong time and time over, Fluffy and TT are incorrect about needing 51% to TW a chain. I nailed Auroracoin to the cross with ~20%. At this moment in time it would take me ~22 days to do so. It took me 12 days for AUR.

7) I think MRO has potential and more importantly Bitjohn has indicated to me that Cryptsy will implement MRO as soon as the technical situation is worked out. So mine and buy up people Crypto is evolving.

Hope that answers any questions.

~BCX~

R.I.P XMR ?

smart guys make sure to sell step by step into rescue buy orders of rpitilla asap b4 steep crash Cheesy

~CfA~

Moneroman88

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:28:35 PM

to say the truth I think this is ridiculous bluffing Roll Eyes

if bcx really had a *fatal exploit* he would use it to demonstrate that he does have skills, yet he's just using this lame tactic to make us *fear BCX and sell XMR*  although there is nothing to fear really. I'm actually convinced BCX wants the price to crash to gain a whale position in Monero by buying up the cheap XMR....

It's all just hot air once again, I admit I was worried for a few minutes and asked BCX via PM to privately send the exploits' information to the developers. Now my worries of a few minutes are relieved. Thanks!

I'm buying more.
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 06:36:17 PM

BCX, have you told exploit to XMR devs yet?
netmonk

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 06:40:08 PM

Pic it or it never happens
Moneroman88

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:40:24 PM

BCX, have you told exploit to XMR devs yet?
It's very likely that there is no exploit and it's just a made up story.

If you find a potential coin breaking exploit, you would either exploit the bug or tell/sell it to the devs, but you wouldn't go onto a public forum telling everyone you found a bug, without even providing any evidence.

Some people might say that his reputation is pretty good, BUT he isn't a cryptographer who would find a bug which would allow him to spend money without the privkeys. So far he has relied on timewarping exploits and bots and that's about it ...
CryptoAddict

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:45:02 PM

I'm not convinced by BCX bullshit. From reading his posts and comments over the past year I have made up my mind about him.

He's a compulsive liar. I really don't think there is any truth in anything he says.

It's not the first time he steps up with claims of being able to destroy XYZ coin by doing this or that.

I think he is a very lonely person that is simply living out his fantasies of grandeur.

When he gets some temporary fleeting confirmation that he is indeed this superhero in the Bitcoin world he will masturbate for atleast a day.

Let's keep that in mind and extend feelings of compassion toward this lost soul.
Moneroman88

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:46:15 PM

agree with above post.

ALSO:
"they" are FUDing the "new" (from July) XMR (CN) exploit in the Polo trollbox.
lol@BCX

BUYING MORE! Thanks for the cheap XMR
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 06:50:58 PM

Price dropped ~7% after BCX posted this thread. And so the dump commences....
vuduchyld

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:53:01 PM

Thanks for the buying opportunity, whoever you are!
Stealthcoin

Activity: 82
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:56:38 PM

Thanks for the buying opportunity, whoever you are!

It will even go lower, i hope you got enough btc because most investor/pumper are leaving just as we speak the buy volume dropped after all this mess.
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:57:55 PM

what one can expect from a guy who hold more than 500k LTC or even much more  Tongue
Bassica

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:58:24 PM

Could you specify sacrificed? Specifically if it's partly or fully (in your opinion).
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 06:58:39 PM

to say the truth I think this is ridiculous bluffing Roll Eyes

if bcx really had a *fatal exploit* he would use it to demonstrate that he does have skills, yet he's just using this lame tactic to make us *fear BCX and sell XMR*  although there is nothing to fear really. I'm actually convinced BCX wants the price to crash to gain a whale position in Monero by buying up the cheap XMR....

It's all just hot air once again, I admit I was worried for a few minutes and asked BCX via PM to privately send the exploits' information to the developers. Now my worries of a few minutes are relieved. Thanks!

I'm buying more.

LOL look at his history....he doesn't need to demonstrate ANYTHING

He has killed coins in the past

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: