Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:35:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cointerra AIRE Miner 16nm PreOrder  (Read 19826 times)
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:20:12 PM

Remember folks: This company missed their targets: power, hashrate, and shipping on their first attempt.  They also provided lackluster support to any of their customers, and in the face of everyone that bought HW, they opened up their own mine to sell power to people at an enormously inflated 'ripoff' price.

Learn from the mistakes of those before you, don't pre-order, and most certainly don't pre-order from Cointerra.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 11:21:06 PM

Remember folks: This company missed their targets: power, hashrate, and shipping on their first attempt.  They also provided lackluster support to any of their customers, and in the face of everyone that bought HW, they opened up their own mine to sell power to people at an enormously inflated 'ripoff' price.

Learn from the mistakes of those before you, don't pre-order, and most certainly don't pre-order from Cointerra.

I think what is in red pretty much sums it up! regardless of the company.
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 12:47:22 AM

Cointerra contacted me early on to develop a driver for their 28nm offer. However I've heard and know precisely nothing about this new offering.
For newbies not aware: ckolivas is the primary developer of cgminer.

The AIRE product is vapourware at this point, or should I say vapourwAIRE.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:02:50 AM

If you are even thinking about pre-ordering any hardware, especially from Cointerra, just send me the coins. I will make much better use of them.
MellisaBTC

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:25:09 AM

http://cointerra.com/product/aire-miner-bitcoin-miner/

Please tell me that the community have learned their lesson and will not be pre-ordering these machines.

Learn a lesson? Nah. I am going to pre-order it.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 03:31:51 AM

Cointerra contacted me early on to develop a driver for their 28nm offer. However I've heard and know precisely nothing about this new offering.
Pls for the sake of the community and your reputation. Dont work with them ever, they're probably gonna use your name to attract more newbies.

I wouldn't begrudge ckol for doing this. Its how he makes a living and quite simply if he won't work for them they will find someone who will. At least the buyers who get sucked into the preorder will know that 1) the software has a better chance of working and 2) at least someone on the inside has some morals.

seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 03:54:27 AM

Pls for the sake of the community and your reputation. Dont work with them ever, they're probably gonna use your name to attract more newbies.

I wouldn't begrudge ckol for doing this. Its how he makes a living and quite simply if he won't work for them they will find someone who will. At least the buyers who get sucked into the preorder will know that 1) the software has a better chance of working and 2) at least someone on the inside has some morals.

So because you make a living by being a driver. Its ok for you to be a gateaway driver in a bank robbery?

Stupid, if you work with/for criminals, your reputation is tainted. I'm sure they would use his name to make it sounds more legit. His actual work probably wont benefit any of the "customers"..... or "investors"
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 04:20:09 AM

So because you make a living by being a driver. Its ok for you to be a gateaway driver in a bank robbery?

Stupid, if you work with/for criminals, your reputation is tainted. I'm sure they would use his name to make it sounds more legit. His actual work probably wont benefit any of the "customers"..... or "investors"

He's not doing anything illegal, nor are Cointerra. They're engaging in selling practices we don't morally agree with - that doesn't make it illegal. By the same merit you're also saying if UPS agrees to send their packages that they might as well be smuggling drugs or if BOA processes their payments they might as well be money laundering.

They're not going to use his name for anything, no one outside this subforum even knows what CGMiner or BFGMiner are, nevermind who the developers are.

Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 04:36:03 AM

He's not doing anything illegal, nor are Cointerra. They're engaging in selling practices we don't morally agree with - that doesn't make it illegal.
Exactly.

There's nothing wrong with developing mining software for every possible platform, regardless of what people may think of a hardware vendor. There shouldn't be any politics in mining software - it is open source software that should simply run on any mining ASIC.

Nobody uses cgminer as a selling point for their hardware... since it runs on any hardware, it isn't a selling point.

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 05:09:23 AM

We can advise people to not buy hardware but that doesn't stop people doing it having not seen these forums, or being infinitely hopeful/optimistic and ignoring all the people on this forum telling them otherwise. The way I see it, for the people who do preorder/buy this hardware, they will be much better served by having me maintain the driver for them than the manufacturer since no one knows the software as well as I do. Trust me, I don't need the money from driver development. The amount I've made on that front in actual contract paid work has been pitiful, and really the main reason I charge companies is because I object to them running a business potentially to make squillions in profit and then to expect me to maintain the software they depend on for free would be absurd.

It's irrelevant since, as I said, I don't know anything about this hardware nor have I been contacted so I expect they'll probably do it all in house now.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:20:01 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2014, 07:26:54 AM by bitsalame

HA!
bcmine

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:50:21 AM

Just do not Pre-order! At the moment of delivery you are overpaying the GH. 0.3J/GH ist not top of state art. You can still cut it by the half available early next year! Just wait! Dont make Pre-orders! Dont be an investor with under privillage consumer rights[!/font]

jimrome

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:53:24 AM

Do not fund these people.

Pre-ordering is trusting someone else with your money.

Don't do it.

Support stable companies like Bitmain and the makers of Dragon Miner. That ship out ASAP.

yeah, no. just no
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:55:40 AM

Why buy that when I can get 9 TH for 3 grand right now?
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:02:34 AM

The only way I would do a "pre" order with Cointerra again is if they pre-deliver and I will send them the coins after I mine them.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 06:22:28 AM

The only way I would do a "pre" order with Cointerra again is if they pre-deliver and I will send them the coins after I mine them.

I like your thinking  Cheesy Grin 

"Pay-it-forward Mining"  Cool  Gotta nice ring to it!!!!!!!!  Cheesy

Remember me if you use that folks!!!  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 06:23:31 AM

Support stable companies like Bitmain and the makers of Dragon Miner.
Dragon miner blatantly violate the license conditions of the software they whore for their own use without providing source code.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Operatr

Activity: 798

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 06:34:15 AM

Wow, the BALLS of these assholes.

I wouldn't touch this scam with a 10 foot pole covered in anthrax and fireants.

jimrome

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:18:31 AM

Support stable companies like Bitmain and the makers of Dragon Miner.
Dragon miner blatantly violate the license conditions of the software they whore for their own use without providing source code.

To be honest, Bitmain's record is only marginally better.
bones

Activity: 248

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 07:23:05 AM

I pre ordered with them before, and it hurt.  Delivered a little late, under spec, too much power consumed, and no compensation at all.

I swore then I would never give them my money again and I wont.

Be warned, stay away.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: