Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:28:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CoinURL] All ways to monetize your content!  (Read 39473 times)
bitcoinplaza

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 12:33:47 PM

I want to share my experience with coinurl.
This platform is a good idea and technically excellent and constantly growing with many useful features to publishers, but lately I'm having some problems with ads revenue, initially in the first two week of service the gains were proportional, probably over my dreams, over the past several days/weeks i have problems with unexplained rejected states (to test some of them i've asked some friends in usa and canada to test for me outside europe with default beaviour, browser no ad block, no proxy, accepting cockies, js enabled, ecc, but rejected ?) and unexplained changing values, i tried to contact their support (btw, really quick, and comprensive response) and some things have been clarified, but others unfortunately not, i'm an honest publisher, never try to scam 1 click, but i know what i'm doing, and don't want to wast my time or work free for others, and i think that if things and not clarified and still remain unexplained i will return to a platform more transparent and respectful of its publisher.
sincerly Bitcoinplaza

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 12:52:23 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2012, 01:05:51 PM by giantdragon

I want to share my experience with coinurl.
This platform is a good idea and technically excellent and constantly growing with many useful features to publishers, but lately I'm having some problems with ads revenue, initially in the first two week of service the gains were proportional, probably over my dreams, over the past several days/weeks i have problems with unexplained rejected states (to test some of them i've asked some friends in usa and canada to test for me outside europe with default beaviour, browser no ad block, no proxy, accepting cockies, js enabled, ecc, but rejected ?) and unexplained changing values, i tried to contact their support (btw, really quick, and comprensive response) and some things have been clarified, but others unfortunately not, i'm an honest publisher, never try to scam 1 click, but i know what i'm doing, and don't want to wast my time or work free for others, and i think that if things and not clarified and still remain unexplained i will return to a platform more transparent and respectful of its publisher.
sincerly Bitcoinplaza

For all time you have 1794 clicks registered, 115 were rejected.

As I said before, server-side script automatically checks if the visitor's browser have sent acknowledgement about successful advertisement load in the frame. It may be many reasons why query relating this acknowledgement was not executed, e.g. client closed browser too quickly, my hoster's DB server was down at this time, firewall blocked it or many other that I even cannot know.

But your rejection rate is only 6.8%, I don't understand why to worry! Also I think having negligible share of false-positives is much better than disabling fraud detection script at all and lose all advertisers, because nobody will pay to show their ads to the bots!
bitcoinplaza

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 01:08:01 PM

For all time you have 1794 clicks registered, 115 were rejected.

As I said before, server-side script automatically checks if the visitor's browser have sent acknowledgement about successful advertisement load in the frame. It may be many reasons why query relating this acknowledgement was not executed, e.g. client closed browser too quickly, my hoster's DB server were down in this time, firewall blocked it or many other that I even cannot know.

But your rejection rate is only 6.8%, I don't understand why you worry!

as i wrote if you consider last days reject ratio is over 85%, and i've already abandoned you for twitter there is aroud 99% !  Roll Eyes
if was as you wrote where are my transactions ?  Tongue
Anyway bitcoinplaza is just borned, and i've all time to choose right street.
i repeat your is a great service (i'm thinking to clone it  Grin), need some fine tuning and a little more trasparence, maybe for any other user is perfect.
thanks anyway good job !

giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 01:38:19 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2012, 04:12:03 PM by giantdragon

as i wrote if you consider last days reject ratio is over 85%, and i've already abandoned you for twitter there is aroud 99% !  Roll Eyes
if was as you wrote where are my transactions ?  Tongue
Do you have other accounts besides "Tino"? If yes, write please usernames.

need some fine tuning and a little more trasparence
What concrete features do you want?

i'm thinking to clone it
Then you will see how really hard is to fight against fraud. If you are unable to solve cheating issue, nobody will advertise.

and don't want to wast my time or work free
BTW, you don't even need to spend time! Just place our javascript code, visitors will see ads and you receive Bitcoins. Also for these type of advertising click rejection rate is significantly lower.
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 01:48:45 PM

New affiliate program available! Make advertising on CoinURL available for wider audience! Resell our vouchers as for Bitcoins, as well as for real currency and make 15% profit!
ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 02:32:24 PM

ID: 50169a975cc15856027962
Code: 41901b6b7cfa2084cafa0948342bb994

Grin
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 02:49:59 PM

ID: 50169a975cc15856027962
Code: 41901b6b7cfa2084cafa0948342bb994

Grin
Someone certainly will thank you for this donation!  Wink
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 05:26:38 PM

Can you not delete ads when they're out of funds?
It's very boring to create the same ad all over again and wait for review.
This bug fixed now. For all subsequent ads (including currently active) you will be able to refill a finished ad without waiting repeat review!
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 05:26:14 PM
Last edit: August 01, 2012, 03:25:25 AM by giantdragon

Visualization of the impressions stats was added. You can view your ad's performance for last hour, day, month(s). Also, with mouse hover on points, you can compare average CPM bids which were set at these periods to select most appropriate price/performance ratio.

An example:

giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 02:01:08 PM

I have received many requests asking to providing more transparency about rejected clicks. Link publishers now can see info about a user, who made a click (hostname, referrer, operating system, browser, language). Additionally, information about ad status (if an ad was successfully shown or not) and target link visit (i.e. if "Skip ad" button was shown) available.

An example:

Information about users who viewed an ad also available to the advertisers in the "Impression details" page.

gbl08ma

Activity: 306

Donations: http://tny.im/nx

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 06:50:05 PM

What if an user that clicks on a CoinURL short link is not comfortable with his information being available to the link publisher? Do you comply with any do-not-track standards (i.e. the browser plugins that indicate websites user prefers not to be tracked)?

giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:00:33 PM

What if an user that clicks on a CoinURL short link is not comfortable with his information being available to the link publisher? Do you comply with any do-not-track standards (i.e. the browser plugins that indicate websites user prefers not to be tracked)?
I do not hand over any data (i.e. IP-address) that can be used to identify person who clicked a link. Info which I have started to provide to the link publishers just gives them more details to understand why some clicks were rejected.
mcorlett
Donator

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:06:45 PM

I do not hand over any data (i.e. IP-address)
The hostname is directly resolvable to the IP address.

Code:
[milton:~]$ host pc-247-27-44-190.cm.vtr.net
pc-247-27-44-190.cm.vtr.net has address 190.44.27.247

* mcorlett facepalms

giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:11:12 PM

Ok, I will add "Do not track" flag.
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 07:22:29 PM

Do you mean that the user must register before clicking the link to disable the flag?
I think that none want to give personal information ( like IP address / hostname ) to anyone else.

Anyway, can you also add an option to give the advertiser the ability to enable some clicks coming from Tor network if the have some kind of ref?

Example:
I'm an advertiser, I see that clicks coming from sdfhdojghidcohiuehc.onion seems true ( its' a not existent address, it's just random chars ), so I want to enable coinurl to count these kind of clicks instead of nulling them.

you can also add an option to enable clicks coming from any Tor node, it's a choice of the advertiser.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:35:20 PM

Do you mean that the user must register before clicking the link to disable the flag?
I think that none want to give personal information ( like IP address / hostname ) to anyone else.
It is browser-wide option, not concrete service's. The user just says to anyone that he don't want to be tracked.

Anyway, can you also add an option to give the advertiser the ability to enable some clicks coming from Tor network if the have some kind of ref?

Example:
I'm an advertiser, I see that clicks coming from sdfhdojghidcohiuehc.onion seems true ( its' a not existent address, it's just random chars ), so I want to enable coinurl to count these kind of clicks instead of nulling them.
Nice idea! I will consider this.
gbl08ma

Activity: 306

Donations: http://tny.im/nx

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 10:00:45 PM

It is browser-wide option, not concrete service's. The user just says to anyone that he don't want to be tracked.

Not all browsers support that option, and if I recall correctly such things first appeared as browser plugins. And yes, it's the client that specifies, by sending some sort of flag to the server, that it doesn't want to be tracked. I don't know if there's some sort of official standard for it. It's up to the server to respect the flag or not, but I think it's more polite to respect it whenever possible, so it's great you're adding support for it Smiley

Some more notes: links which have too many "do not track" clicks can be marked as suspicious, and advertisers can choose not to show their ad to people who don't want to be tracked (even because no-tracking may not comply with the privacy police of their website or ad page).

giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 01:20:29 AM

Not all browsers support that option, and if I recall correctly such things first appeared as browser plugins. And yes, it's the client that specifies, by sending some sort of flag to the server, that it doesn't want to be tracked. I don't know if there's some sort of official standard for it. It's up to the server to respect the flag or not, but I think it's more polite to respect it whenever possible, so it's great you're adding support for it Smiley

This flag can be easily obtained with following code (tested with Firefox and Chrome "Do Not Track Plus" extension):

Code:
function doNotTrack()
{
if(isset($_SERVER['HTTP_DNT']) && ($_SERVER['HTTP_DNT'] == 1))
return true;
else
return false;
}

I have enabled "Do Not Track" feature and started to respect also link visitors' privacy. If visitor's browser has this flag enabled, publishers and advertisers will see a message like:

Otherwise, IP and hostname will be available to them.

Some more notes: links which have too many "do not track" clicks can be marked as suspicious, and advertisers can choose not to show their ad to people who don't want to be tracked (even because no-tracking may not comply with the privacy police of their website or ad page).

I think it is obvious that "Do Not Track" flag will be used as one of the parameters in fraud detection script.

A whitelist for TOR hidden websites enabled. If you have a .onion site where want to place CoinURL links, write me its address and if it is legitimate I will add an exception.
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 04:49:35 PM

We have started to pay 10% bonus from the link publisher earnings, who have registered with your referral link!
ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 06:20:20 PM

We have started to pay 10% bonus from the link publisher earnings, who have registered with your referral link!

SWEET!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: