Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:15:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CoinURL] All ways to monetize your content!  (Read 39473 times)
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2012, 02:31:28 PM

Can you add a way to delete/hide links from the "My links" list?

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 14, 2012, 02:55:22 PM

Can you add a way to delete/hide links from the "My links" list?
I will add a pagination soon.
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 03:15:32 AM

Pagination added for the links in profile and ad's stats. Other sections will be updated very soon.
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

here there is the extension for chrome:
https://github.com/downloads/HostFat/url-shortener-chrome-extension/curlext.crx

Anyway, it's still NOT available on the chrome market. I think that you should put it.
I'll probably not support it with other updates.

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 12:55:25 PM

Anyway, it's still NOT available on the chrome market. I think that you should put it.
I agree with you and certainly will do this.

BTW, I think Firefox extension is also essential!
mcorlett
Donator

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 05:18:31 PM

I'd like to be able to withdraw my remaining balance. Please make this possible.

giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 05:31:58 PM

I'd like to be able to withdraw my remaining balance. Please make this possible.
Bitcoins deposited for advertising cannot be refunded. This was clearly stated in FAQ, ToS and "Withdraw" section!
You can withdraw only funds that you have earned.

http://coinurl.com/faq.php
Can I get back funds that were deposited?
You can only withdraw funds that you have earned. Funds that were deposited can be spent exclusively on advertising. This measure is need to protect our service against money laundering, which is required by the law.
mcorlett
Donator

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 05:35:39 PM

Bitcoins deposited for advertising cannot be refunded. This was clearly stated in FAQ, ToS and "Withdraw" section!
I realize this, but the coins have not been claimed yet, and you could simply bounce the appropriate amount back to the same address, so that's the "money laundering" reason out of the way. I'd like to be a repeat customer, but if you do not allow me to withdraw my current balance, I will have put an ad in for someone else at a discounted rate to forcibly get rid of my remaining balance, and cut all ties with your service. I don't think neither of us want that.

giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 05:39:23 PM

I realize this, but the coins have not been claimed yet, and you could simply bounce the appropriate amount back to the same address, so that's the "money laundering" reason out of the way. I'd like to be a repeat customer, but if you do not allow me to withdraw my current balance, I will have put an ad in for someone else at a discounted rate to forcibly get rid of my remaining balance, and cut all ties with your service. I don't think neither of us want that.
Sorry, but I cannot make any exceptions. If I would allow this for you, other users could demand the same.

My personal advice for you: never ask exceptions in public places!
mcorlett
Donator

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 07:02:49 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2012, 07:58:35 PM by mcorlett

After a private discussion with giantdragon, and some interesting quotes,
it is like when you buy loaf of bread in the grocery store you cannot claim a refund Wink
I've been forced against my will to spend my remaining balance on purchasing more advertisements.
This is hidden under an unethical and immoral clause:
Funds that were deposited can be spent exclusively on advertising. This measure is need to protect our service against money laundering, which is required by the law.
There is no law pertaining to regulation of bitcoin money laundering. AML is serious business, but does not apply to Bitcoin. As such, this is clearly an attempt at hiding giantdragon's cheap tactic to increase profits behind some inexistant "law".

I'm baffled, and hope that this does not go unnoticed by the community.

Edit: It should be noted that I'm a paying customer, and will continue to be for the duration of my advertisement. This is not how you treat customers.

giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 08:08:23 PM

I'm baffled, and hope that this does not go unnoticed by the community.]I'm baffled, and hope that this does not go unnoticed by the community.
I don't try to hide this condition. It is definitely stated in FAQ and profile page!

mcorlett, it is common business practice to don't allow refunds for money, paid for services. For example, mobile phone operators in Latvia do the same.

I agree, it is unethical to hide it somewhere in the middle of ToS. But I don't understand your concern - when you made a deposit you were warned that these funds must be spent exclusively on the ads and cannot be withdrawn. You agreed and made deposit, but now ask a refund... What a stupid logic!
mcorlett
Donator

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 08:11:45 PM

mcorlett, it is common business practice to don't allow refunds for money, paid for services. For example, mobile phone operators in Latvia do the same.
Oh, I'm not asking for a refund for the ad I placed via your service. That deal has been sealed. What I'm asking for is the ability to withdraw the remainder of my balance on your site, the part I didn't spend on advertising. You're denying me that ability.

I'm sorry if you misunderstood me. Sadly, I don't think you did.

But I don't understand your concern - when you made a deposit you were warned that these funds must be spent exclusively on the ads and cannot be withdrawn. You agreed and made deposit, but now ask a refund... What a stupid logic!
It does not say anywhere on the deposit page:
To make a deposit, send Bitcoins to the following address:
[address]
There is no minimum amount you need to send. Funds will be credited instantly without waiting any confirmations.

In any case, do you have a valid reason for not allowing withdrawals, since I've already disproved your "money laundering" façade?

giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 08:21:17 PM

You're denying me that ability.
When you made a deposit you knew that it is not allowed, but agreed to the terms and conditions. From my side all is honest!
mcorlett
Donator

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 08:25:05 PM

You're denying me that ability.
When you made a deposit you knew that it is not allowed, but agreed to the terms and conditions. From my side all is honest!
I did not know this at the time of deposit. It's funny how you just stated that hiding it in ToS jargon was unethical, but are now finding it "honest".

Please address the other questions and concerns in my previous post as well.

giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 08:31:12 PM

I did not know this at the time of deposit. It's funny how you just stated that hiding it in ToS jargon was unethical, but are now finding it "honest".
I said it is unethical to state it in hidden form, e.g.
<Corporation> will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website: for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.

But I still cannot understand what is unclear in the following statement:
You can only withdraw funds that you have earned. Funds that were deposited can be spent exclusively on advertising. This measure is need to protect our service against money laundering, which is required by the law.
mcorlett
Donator

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 08:37:43 PM

But I still cannot understand what is unclear in the following statement:
Oh, so it's hidden behind the very legally binding FAQ, as mentioned in the Terms of Service - nice!

I'll ask again: now that we've dismantled the money laundering reason, why are you refusing to allow withdrawals?

If you do not act on this, I may very well have to involve the board administration. You are holding my funds hostage.

giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 08:43:15 PM

Quote from: mcorlett
If you do not act on this, I may very well have to involve the board administration.
It is your right.

Quote from: mcorlett
You are holding my funds hostage.
You have deposited them for advertising and you still can post advertisements. I don't made anything against the contract you agreed (ToS).

P.S. I don't want anymore feed the troll!
mcorlett
Donator

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 08:48:00 PM

You've been ignoring this question for a long time now: "Now that we've dismantled the money laundering reason, why are you refusing to allow withdrawals?"

You won't answer because... you don't want to "feed the troll"?

giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2012, 09:36:19 PM

You've been ignoring this question for a long time now: "Now that we've dismantled the money laundering reason, why are you refusing to allow withdrawals?"
If I would allow withdrawals of deposited funds it really would turn CoinURL into washing machine! No commissions, no minimal amount... Why not to use for laundering!?
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2012, 02:56:46 AM

Chrome extension available! After installation you will get an element in the context menu, just select link you want to shorten and click "Shorten URL and copy to clipboard". Shortened link will be copied to the clipboard.

Don't forget to set your unique UUID in the extension's options. You can find it in the profile.

This version of extension is in the beta stage, I am planning to upload it to the Chrome Store after some testing.
Right now you can download sources and install it from Tools -> Extensions -> Load unpacked extensions.

Bug reports and suggestions are welcome!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: