Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:35:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XDN] DarkNote. Anonymous 100% PoW CPU+Untraceable Crypto Messages+GUI Client!  (Read 113643 times)
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:10:56 PM

Wow! duck...err...darknote is almost 75% mined out Shocked
73.46% to be precise.

I was thinking about buying back in, as I sold all the ducks I had back at like 6 satoshi cause I thought it was a joke. I like some of the new features implemented (but not the new name, but I wasn't gonna let that stop me) but I heard duck/darknote had extremely fast emission. Extremely fast may be an understatement.

That just seems crazy that way more than half of all coins are mined out in several months when duck/darknote had fairly low hashrate in comparison to other cryptonotes, especially considering the two other prominent ones have much longer emission schedule. I wouldn't be surprised if joewills or dNote or some other early miner is sitting on 1B+ duck/darknotes.

I'm not trying to troll, I just find it weird, and I would like to know the rationale. I read the Smart Economy section on darknote.cc:
DarkNote is a cryptocurrency made for real markets and merchants. Supply curve is unique and meets miners, users and investors needs. 80% of ever generated XDN will be available after first year of mining.
but I don't feel like that really explains it.

How does extremely fast emission during a period of relatively low hashrate make it a better currency for markets and merchants?
Hey,guy.
Hmm.I bought some XDN @13-17satoshi in June 22.
The price go down again and agian and only 3-7 satoshi before Agust 12.
Everyone think XDN is shit.Nobody care the ugly duckling
So My friends and I sold the most XDN about  500M when it at 3-6 satoshi.
I trace the rainbow in the rain.An ugly duckling into a swan.
With the announce the new GUI wallet,the really GUI wallet of CN-coin,the price go up.
We are surprised by Dev's hard working.So I buy some XDN back.
Although the volume of XDN which I own is less less than before,I am pleasure with the future of XDN.

Everybody,Buy some XDN and it is not  later.
I believe the price will x10 in the next month.

Thanks for not answering the question at all Huh
33reg

Activity: 231
Merit: 101

xmining.org

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 02:40:46 PM

Pool:  xdn.xmining.org
DuckNote WALLET & DAEMON changed to DarkNote !!!

rapeghost

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:11:15 PM

im using xdn.xmining and I love it.

We have the best luck for such a small hash rate

Mineotaur

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:18:25 PM

73.46% to be precise.

I was thinking about buying back in, as I sold all the ducks I had back at like 6 satoshi cause I thought it was a joke. I like some of the new features implemented (but not the new name, but I wasn't gonna let that stop me) but I heard duck/darknote had extremely fast emission. Extremely fast may be an understatement.

That just seems crazy that way more than half of all coins are mined out in several months when duck/darknote had fairly low hashrate in comparison to other cryptonotes, especially considering the two other prominent ones have much longer emission schedule. I wouldn't be surprised if joewills or dNote or some other early miner is sitting on 1B+ duck/darknotes.

I'm not trying to troll, I just find it weird, and I would like to know the rationale. I read the Smart Economy section on darknote.cc:
DarkNote is a cryptocurrency made for real markets and merchants. Supply curve is unique and meets miners, users and investors needs. 80% of ever generated XDN will be available after first year of mining.

How does extremely fast emission during a period of relatively low hashrate make it a better currency for markets and merchants?
Hey,guy.
So My friends and I sold the most XDN about  500M when it at 3-6 satoshi.
With the announce the new GUI wallet,the really GUI wallet of CN-coin,the price go up.
Although the volume of XDN which I own is less less than before,I am pleasure with the future of XDN.

Everybody,Buy some XDN and it is not  later.

Lol. Perhaps less worry about miners dumping long-term? I don't know. It is unusual though, so perhaps it has hidden benefits. What I do know is that this coin instinctively (about as good a reason as any to buy alts imo) appears very promising, so I'm in  Cool

BTC: 37r8wbYRMPav3AU8w1D3FQmwtYenVzcbdX
Digithusiast

Activity: 886
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:40:44 PM

73.46% to be precise.

Hey,guy.
So My friends and I sold the most XDN about  500M when it at 3-6 satoshi.

Everybody,Buy some XDN and it is not  later.

I agree with jwinterm it would be good if someone could explain how it is possible 75% of 8 billion XDN have already been mined?
kkraus69

Activity: 177

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:35:10 PM
Last edit: September 25, 2014, 08:07:33 PM by kkraus69

Let's look at Bitcoin which is close to 61% mined. Before it first halved, hardly anyone new about it. I surely had no knowledge of it in November 2012. By that time there were 10,500,000 Bitcoins out there and I never mined any and didn't even know people could buy cryptocurrency with fiat. DarkNote (duckNote) was released in 2014 with no pre-mine when a lot more people were more knowledgeable about cryptocurrencies, including me. I am happy for people who mined straight from the beginning. XDN also started trading on exchanges straight away allowing an even larger audience to start acquiring XDN on the cheap. Since I have quite a lot of XDN, I sell some to pay the overhead, collecting some income through my mining operations like many do. XDN is still cheap and I am sure everyone who reads this can jump in and get some to use/ trade/ hold.

Every one with a computer will be able to mine DarkNote. Bitcoin? Most people with XDN won't be mining that while they are able to mine XDN.  I am mining DarkNote on the same laptop which I am typing this post on.

XDN has been very well thought out. Good jobs Devs!
They are in for the long run, we should be too.

I agree with jwinterm it would be good if someone could explain how it is possible 75% of 8 billion XDN have already been mined?

Edit: When you look at the current market cap of XDN being just over one million USD, we see that this number is minuscule compared to the world supply of currency let alone cryptocurrency. There is a need for a truly anonymous decentralized and secure internet cryptocurrency, that enables fast, near-zero cost privacy protected payments with encrypted messages.

There are needs for DarkNote.

Follow me on Twitter.
@kkraus69
dNote (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 08:12:50 PM

You can read some info graphic about XDN smart economy to understand it:
https://magic.piktochart.com/output/2454451-xdn

DigitalNote XDN website http://digitalnote.org
XDN 1st blockchain deposits with interest & instant untraceable crypto messages GUI https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnotewallet/releases
Bitcointalk topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082745.new#new
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 08:19:38 PM

That's very helpful, thanks!   Cool

Is it because of lost coins that you say the permanent 150 XDN/block lower limit is not inflation?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
dNote (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 09:06:23 PM

I will try to explain DarkNote XDN Smart Economy in a few words with simple logic here, as i did before several times  Wink

1. First of all i would like to mention, that all XDN specs was made after long term thinking and analyzing cryptocurrency markets for a years.
2. Imagine, mathematicians, economists, programmers, philosophers and media veterans with strongest knowledge are making some effort to make really fairly launched cryptocurrency that is focused on real economy markets.
3. Thinking, scaling, experimenting, observing is our credo. We are focused on all aspects.
 \
  \
    ~ So, your economy questions.
Main ideas are (1) to have ~80% of XDN units of value amount in circulation (on market) after approx. 1 year of mining and XDN rising. Remember, 80% of coins in circulation in ASIC-resistant, CPU-efficient decentralized anonymous Proof-of-Work payment network (2) to motivate miners - both average users with CPU-client miners and enterprise level miners to mine XDN, because of minimum BASE_BLOCK_REWARD value = 150 [XDN]. More than 77 years with no floats and and surprises. (3) to have MAX_COIN value, to make XDN valuable. (4) to make well-known Bitcoin alike supply curve unique to all CN coins (5) to make human readable, predictable block rewards - whole number. (6) whole numbers in block rewards, reduce GENERATION_TRANSACTION size by reducing outputs: 150 XDN transaction has 2 outputs : 100+50 with no "dust" => XDN blockchain size is smaller than any other CN coin in terms of that feature. (7) to make XDN predictable asset, with predictions, based only on community decisions, market and economy laws. Good for both users and entrepreneurs. (Cool to have 6th Cataldi number Smiley because of its structure and lots of necessary characteristics, like correlation XDN circulation level and approximate Earth population (human readable). (9) to make initial block halving rewards periods = 1 month, because it is a really long time to know and the only possible way to provide execution of mentioned above ideas.

DarkNote XDN (launched as duckNote XDN cryptocurrency) first month BASE_BLOCK_REWARD is 320 000 XDN, halved, 160 000 XDN for second month, 80 000, for third month, now we are at the end of the fouth month period with the 40 000 XDN BASE_BLOCK_REWARD. It will be halved at the end of that month (actually every end of the calendar month DarkNote has halving - human readable). So to be absolutely clear:

1 month base block rewards = 320 000 XDN (2 outputs in generation transaction - 300K + 20K) June
2 month base block rewards = 160 000 XDN (2 outputs in generation transaction - 100K + 60K) July
3 month base block rewards = 80 000 XDN   (1 output in generation transaction - 80K) August
4 month base block rewards = 40 000 XDN   (1 output in generation transaction - 40K) - we are here now September
5 month base block rewards = 20 000 XDN   (1 output in generation transaction - 20K) October
6 month base block rewards = 10 000 XDN   (1 output in generation transaction - 10K) November
7 month base block rewards = 5 000 XDN   (1 output in generation transaction - 5K) December
8 month base block rewards = 2500  XDN   (2 outputs in generation transaction - 2K+0.5K) January
9 month base block rewards = 1250  XDN   (3 outputs in generation transaction - 1K+0,2K+0.05K) February   
10 month base block rewards = 625  XDN   (3 outputs in generation transaction - 0.6K+0,02K+0.05K) March
11 month base block rewards = 312.5  XDN   (4 outputs in generation transaction - 0.3K+0,01K+0.002K+0.0005K+) April
12 month base block rewards = 156.25 XDN   (5 outputs in generation transaction - 0.1K+0,05K+0.006K+0.0001K+0.00005K) May
13 month base block rewards =   150      XDN   (2 outputs in generation transaction - 100 + 50)
14 month base block rewards =   150      XDN   (2 outputs in generation transaction - 100 + 50)   
15 month base block rewards =   150      XDN   (2 outputs in generation transaction - 100 + 50)
16 month base block rewards =   150      XDN   (2 outputs in generation transaction - 100 + 50)
stays 150 XDN for more than 77 years.

XDN 1st blockchain deposits with interest & instant untraceable crypto messages GUI https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnotewallet/releases
dNote (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 09:08:22 PM

That's very helpful, thanks!   Cool

Is it because of lost coins that you say the permanent 150 XDN/block lower limit is not inflation?

There is no inflation because of MAX_COIN amount, but mentioned by you is a factor too.

dNote (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 09:10:58 PM

Great progress Smiley

when are multi-sigs going to be implemented?

Oh, we love that question  Grin
Multisig will be one of the "foundation stone features" we are working on.
Please, wait, we will tell you more about that in near Announce.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 09:25:09 PM

There is no inflation because of MAX_COIN amount, but mentioned by you is a factor too.

So there is a MAX_COIN limit, but the tail end stays at 150/block until dropping to zero in ~77 years.

That's a good compromise; mind if I steal it for XMR?   Grin

I'm also impressed with XDN's cicada-like solution to outrun ASICs: have most of the coins spawn too quickly for hardware predators to catch up.

The roadmap announcement tomorrow is going to be like Crypt-mass!  Here comes Dark Santa with his bag full of fun new toys...

If you can pull off the trick of anon multi-sig, that would be a coup (and require a whitepaper of its own)!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
33reg

xmining.org

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 11:27:24 PM

So there is a MAX_COIN limit, but the tail end stays at 150/block until dropping to zero in ~77 years.

That's a good compromise; mind if I steal it for XMR?   Grin

I'm also impressed with XDN's cicada-like solution to outrun ASICs: have most of the coins spawn too quickly for hardware predators to catch up.

The roadmap announcement tomorrow is going to be like Crypt-mass!  Here comes Dark Santa with his bag full of fun new toys...

If you can pull off the trick of anon multi-sig, that would be a coup (and require a whitepaper of its own)!

What is that necessary?

0nlyBTC

Activity: 289

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 11:32:27 PM

Is there going to a Logo soon? Logo contest?
33reg

xmining.org

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 11:38:53 PM

Good idea!

33reg

xmining.org

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 11:42:02 PM

I'm pledge: 30 000 XDN!
dNote - & you - Agree?

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:16:56 AM

2. Imagine, mathematicians, economists, programmers, philosophers and media veterans with strongest knowledge are making some effort to make really fairly launched cryptocurrency that is focused on real economy markets.

Thank you for the in depth response. Since you're the only dev, are you saying that you're a mathematician, economist, programmer, philosopher, and media veteran? Seems like a lot of roles to play.

Also, while I agree with your logic to some extent about resisting asics by having a front loaded distribution, I'm sorry, but I think it's just way too extreme to disburse half of all coins that will ever exist in the first month when there was a minuscule hash rate.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:00:48 AM
Last edit: September 26, 2014, 04:49:55 AM by grendel25

I transferred nearly 400K xdn to my bittrex account from the simplewallet about 24 hours ago and it hasn't arrived yet.  What did I miss?  Thanks

I believe that most of the exchanges have suspended deposits and transfers of all CN(Cryptonote) based coins due the attack in XMR by BitcoinEXpress(BCX). Although Poloniex made an announcement, BITtrex has not. I would suggest sending a support ticket.

If the above is false, did you include a Payment ID with your deposit?

24Kilo

Thanks, 24Kilo.  Yes, I just now sent a support request and included the Payment ID and Base Address info that Bittrex uses to process the transaction.  Guess I'll wait to see what Bittrex can do.  

do you see the transaction in the blockchain? if not, it could have been rejected due to being too big. you can restore from a backup wallet before the transaction and it should still be there in the wallet.

I initially did see it in the block chain and then I didn't.  Couldn't find a backup wallet so I rebuilt the old one and my balance is back to normal with the 400K XDN.  Thank you for your help, tricass.

Edit:  New problem.  Now it says I can't send from my wallet, "used already spent key images"

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
0nlyBTC

Activity: 289

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 06:48:07 AM

dNote - & you - Agree?

I like where this is going. However I don't own any XDN. If there a contest I would at least make an attempt.
kkraus69

Activity: 177

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 06:53:13 AM

dNote - & you - Agree?

I like where this is going. However I don't own any XDN. If there a contest I would at least make an attempt.

DarkNote Logo Design and Style Contest. 320000 XDN bounty:
http://darknotetalk.org/index.php?topic=16.0;topicseen
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: