Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:38:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XDN] DarkNote. Anonymous 100% PoW CPU+Untraceable Crypto Messages+GUI Client!  (Read 113633 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 02:01:41 AM

I'm as much a prisoner of the Anglosphere as you are, smooth.  IDK where the rest of the planet's "corresponding nexuses" are.

Do they have google there? Because the top hit on google for ducknote unambiguously leads here (I checked several geographic start points). The top hit for darknote doesn't unambiguously lead here yet, but it does for some start points, and it is always in the top few

You are reaching. The simplest and most likely explanation is that the claim was implausible, like some other claims I might mention, but you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Cryptonote itself did not originate here on the BTC mothership

I can't believe you really believe that nonsense. It was "Out There" and someone here just "stumbled across it" trying to mine a two year old dead altcoin. Sure.

Of course GOOG is available (unless blocked by Great Firewall type things) Out There, but who knows how much the DOGE kids use it, especially for non-English/Asian language content and siloed deep/dark/social webs.

There is an entire post-Google generation coming of age.  They probably (and rightly) see Google as something their Dads used before getting married, and thus unbearably lame or ghey or whatever negative adjective is popular.

The CN/BCN crowd obviously likes challenging puzzles and riddles, being typical crypto-nerds.  You don't have to worthy of the Cicada steering committee to see the connection.

I don't buy into the the "two-year-old" Bytecoin blockchain story and never said I do (well except maybe that one time, after statdude's analysis said/showed it Seems LegitTM).  There are however good reasons besides scamming to create a mysterious origin.  Just ask Satoshi.  Oh wait, you can't...  Wink

Good points about mysterious origins and image and marketing.

Bad points about CN being from Out There but perhaps you will come to recognize that in time. I'm pretty sure the real origins are actually Right Here.

Meanwhile, we await whatever cool stuff XDN has for us next...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dNote (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 02:16:13 AM

Do they have google there?

ducknote query, no btctalk mentioned on 1st page on bing, baidu, yahoo

the world is not closed up on google and english native speakers.

EDIT: @smooth i see your point, I will not persuade you, but you are mistaken about your XDN thoughts.

DigitalNote XDN website http://digitalnote.org
XDN 1st blockchain deposits with interest & instant untraceable crypto messages GUI https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnotewallet/releases
Bitcointalk topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082745.new#new
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 02:29:38 AM

Do they have google there?

ducknote query, no btctalk mentioned on 1st page on bing, baidu, yahoo

Interesting points. I think bing and yahoo are really the same search though.

the world is not closed up on google and english native speakers.

Google is not limited to english native speakers either, and I looked on non-en google, with more or less the same results (ducknote btct generally first, and darknote btct on the first page).

Moving on though...

EDIT: @smooth i see your point, I will not persuade you, but you are mistaken about your XDN thoughts.

You might be surprised. I have an open mind about things.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 03:00:50 AM

Bad points about CN being from Out There but perhaps you will come to recognize that in time. I'm pretty sure the real origins are actually Right Here.

Maybe the CN devs are among us, but my intuition sees them as unlikely to ever directly participate in plaintext discussion on the surface of the clearweb.

Perhaps that's exactly what they want me to think, and I've (gleefully and willingly) embraced their fun teaser-campaign marketing.   Tongue

I try to keep an eye out for evidence one way or another, just out of intellectual curiosity if nothing else.

But it makes a better story if left unresolved.  That way the drama may continue unencumbered by pesky facts!   Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 03:03:32 AM

Maybe the CN devs are among us, but my intuition sees them as unlikely to ever directly participate in plaintext discussion on the surface of the clearweb.

They claim to, on their own forum at the very least. I think someone has also posted here under the 'cryptonote' nick. They also emailed all (or at least some) of the various CN coin developers about the tree_hash bug. Again plaintext. Either they are not behaving as your intuition suggests or those discussions are fake.

jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1107

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 03:37:21 AM

baidu, bing, and yahoo do not produce any btctalk pages when searching for "ducknote" on the first couple pages of results here either, however, there are no other social networking/forum sites that pop up either (there are some g+ and other threads that pop up, but they don't actually have anything to do with ducknote the currency). I think maybe the ducknote subreddit popped up on one, but that is also english language. Are these guys using bbs? usenet? qq (the top forum results when searching from qq.com are actually reddit and then btctalk)? 

so where exactly are these other communities of users?
srmojuze

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 05:12:42 AM

We are still at the very beginning of crypto. DOGE was a good marketing campaign but in the end it is just another Scrypt coin. DarkNote has a decent name and lots of great features.

The "in" coins going into 2015 are DAC and "Dark" coins. DAC has some challenges which may reduce its appeal in the long term. Barring any major security breaches, "Dark" coins especially with Bitmessage-or-better kind of features like in DarkNote, 2015 looks good.

I run https://BitChirp.org and made http://MojuCoin.com ...So through that I think I would like to promote DarkNote exclusively for perhaps the next 6 months. More in the next several weeks.

About a year ago I tested an in-game advertising idea with jh00 of Ypool.net. I think I'm ready to bring that idea back as you saw previous posts with dNote. Exciting times.  Cool

Edit: Of course personally as a longer-term store of wealth I see BTC and LTC as suitable due to great liquidity of that in-and-out of fiat paper.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:14:00 AM

You aren't allowed to ask that.

Please, respect my privacy, Sir.
Please, respect privacy of people with whom you are talking, thank you.

Just be a good mushroom, keep quiet, and wait for more amazing stuff.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 05:23:38 AM

They claim to, on their own forum at the very least. I think someone has also posted here under the 'cryptonote' nick. They also emailed all (or at least some) of the various CN coin developers about the tree_hash bug. Again plaintext. Either they are not behaving as your intuition suggests or those discussions are fake.

Or they are using (layers of) intermediaries to obfuscate their origin, as a proper sophisticated adversary should.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
srmojuze

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 05:25:23 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2014, 05:35:56 AM by srmojuze

basically we do not need tor/i2p integration in client. Currently all messages are stored in blockchain, and recipient can always "receive" it with his private keys.
Yes we are thinking about short-life messaging implementation - and we do know the ways, there is no problem to do it. Short-life messages will not be included in blockchain.

After @Alias implementation you will be able to give a name to your address, like

@TheUsualStuf

So, to send you a message i only need to know your alias.
Aliases will be available via client, you will pay for an alias some XDN, miners will receive that rewards for aliasing.

The ways of message using:

Download client -> Mine some XDN with client (help network) -> Send message

#Mail #DarkTwitter #SocialNetworking .... etc can be implemented on XDN encrypted data channel.

I have posted about DarkNote on Bitmessage.org ...If you guys really want XDN to fly (pun intended) get onto Bitmessage.org forums and let's discuss pro/cons about DarkNote, Bitmessage etc: https://bitmessage.org/forum/index.php?topic=4160.0
srmojuze

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 05:35:04 AM

Sure, there are not many of them, but there are a number of those who said "what cryptocointalk?".
Imagine, some people, somewhere really do know about crypto but absolutely do not care about this forum for sure.

There are a lot of crypto users that absolutely ~hate~ btctalk Smiley
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 05:50:06 AM

Aww, poor jwinterm and smooth are feeling left out.  All the cool kids are partying at the secret invite-only Cryptonote Clubhouse, while they have to sit here and stew in resentment flavored jelly because they don't speak Russian or have 1337 skillz.   Grin

You are allowed to ask anything, but dNote is not obligated to answer.  Sheesh, sometimes this place is more like BitcoinSTALK.   Roll Eyes

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:52:48 AM

Aww, poor jwinterm and smooth are feeling left out.  All the cool kids are partying at the secret invite-only Cryptonote Clubhouse, while they have to sit here and stew in resentment flavored jelly because they don't speak Russian or have 1337 skillz.   Grin

You are allowed to ask anything, but dNote is not obligated to answer.  Sheesh, sometimes this place is more like BitcoinSTALK.   Roll Eyes

Yea, that's a great a way to create a widely used currency - keep it a secret from people who are interested in learning more about it. Flawless logic.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 06:01:11 AM

Yea, that's a great a way to create a widely used currency - keep it a secret from people who are interested in learning more about it. Flawless logic.

dNote isn't keeping XDN secret from us; to the contrary, he is here (despite the FUD, trolls, and haters) keeping us updated with [ANN]ouncements.

That doesn't obligate him to tell you in what other circles he travels, although your curiosity is understandable.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:10:04 AM

Is the official subreddit /r/darknote? Is there an official subreddit? Just trying to find out where these thousands of darknote users hang out. Excuse me for trying to do some due diligence before buying coins/notes, iCEBREAKER.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 06:20:58 AM

Is the official subreddit /r/darknote? Is there an official subreddit? Just trying to find out where these thousands of darknote users hang out. Excuse me for trying to do some due diligence before buying coins/notes, iCEBREAKER.

The code is open for all to see.  Look at that, not the derivative social media.

You are to be commended for DYODD, but expecting dNote to compromise his and his peers' privacy is a bridge too far.

And reddit is a not good place to gather information.  It's just a more pretentious version of 4chan that managed to be enough of an improvement on Digg to attract the slashdot neckbeard types (and some of their kitten loving mums/sisters).   Roll Eyes

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
kkraus69

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 06:47:04 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2014, 07:07:26 AM by kkraus69

lol @ jwinterm!  I've been sitting back for a while watching you troll this DarkNote forum. It's sad how instead of helping to spread the good word of cryptocurrencies in general, you are here stirring shit up when there is no need to cause problems. There will be trillions of dollars put into cryptocurrencies soon enough although I know we all want it to happen sooner than later after spending so much of our time watching this roller coaster ride of crypto, myself included. The decentralized blockchain technology can't be uninvented.

Darknote is a great altcoin with huge potential having a great team of brilliant minds behind it! I can hardly sleep waiting for news from dNote. However, I can imagine the stress you are causing him. We all need to be patient and need to keep working on every aspect of this new world of digital money with whatever support we can give and not... do I have to go on?        We all know the problems with the government and commerce systems in play now and that they are all nervous as hell with all of us breathing down their necks. The internet has brought us all together for the greater cause.

I would like to edit this next sentence out of this post actually... Is your problem being that you invested in Monero and while your investment has crashed, you are kicking and screaming with a fit of jealousy like I've seen from five year olds? I know it's tough but we will have a whole world of fiat money coming at us in full force soon enough and all of us first responders will be here for the ride of a lifetime. sit back, relax, buy some duckNote and go with the flow buddy.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 08:52:10 AM

attract the slashdot neckbeard types (and some of their kitten loving mums/sisters).   Roll Eyes

Yes, no doubt the duck dark loving types hang out "elsewhere."

fandexinse

Activity: 66

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:56:41 AM

what is it?

how often do you get this error and what is the reason? please, describe it step by step.

The same mistake!
dev, with 0.9 Beat unsuccessful first deposit, wallet XDN disappeared,
Upgrade to 0.97 XDN restored, but I deposit why unsuccessful? Tip:
failed to send transaction, Inrernal node error
May I ask how to deal with?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 10:15:02 AM

attract the slashdot neckbeard types (and some of their kitten loving mums/sisters).   Roll Eyes

Yes, no doubt the duck dark loving types hang out "elsewhere."

Huh  Maybe they do?  So what if they don't?

Please expand on this innuendo instead of teasing us with half-snark.

Are you saying that a sub/r is a good place to DYODD, as opposed to reading (or having your people read) the freely-available XDN code?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: