Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:58:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Erupter Prisma (>=1.4 T/device, 0.75-0.78 W/G, <1 BTC/T, October Shipping)  (Read 107978 times)
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 05:38:47 PM

I think they are very open about it. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=833704.0

What does that offering have to do with Prisma miners?

he must be implying that prismas are mining in their DCs instead of being shipped.

I have no bone in either, but if you think about it.... Could be a possibility?

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 06:24:23 PM

I think they are very open about it. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=833704.0

he must be implying that prismas are mining in their DCs instead of being shipped.

i dunno. possibilities dont always turn into realities.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 06:48:13 PM

Actually it makes perfect sense..not sure how I missed that.
elduderino

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

Using some expensive heaters

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:02:32 PM

I was actually thinking of going to these too, because of the apparent value (GH/s per $).
It would appear the group buy guys, at least, are getting hardware shipped. But, I haven't hear about any folks buying here.
I was almost ready to pull the trigger, but questions about the controller convinced me to go with more S3s...

Now, I'm glad I gave it some extra thought.

I got my S3s a week ago, a few days after ordering.

Sorry to the folks having troubles.
These guys are supposed to be pretty good (trustworthy), but I guess you never know until you have the miner in your hand.  Undecided

Do the things you know you must do first, then worry about the stuff you're not sure about.
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
November 01, 2014, 07:12:38 PM
Last edit: November 02, 2014, 09:22:31 PM by Newar

i dunno. possibilities dont always turn into realities.

Or maybe put it another way: How many people are working for AM? They have a DC to build and get units online for the IPO, at the same time they have to deal with shipping and real world "issues" such as a shipment going all the way to Switzerland and being returned to China, because of some botch-up. Of course just guessing here, but if I was in their boots and (possibly) understaffed, I'd get the units for the DC online first and then deal with shipping issues. Because well, you know, the BTC from the customers are already in their pockets. The ones that are "out there" to be mined aren't (yet).

Edit: Thinking of the wrong thread, sorry.

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
vortexz
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 07:46:31 AM

have you noticed the HUGE increase in hash rate just recently ?
I bet it's them mining with our PRISMAS !
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 08:15:49 AM

AM had 60 Ph/s worth of chips. They don't need to mine with your PRISMAs. Since you guys are having no luck with email, have you tried contacting phasebird by QQ?

QQ number : 1327503207 (see below)

In particular, due to a lot of problems SKYPE currently have,for instant messages and constant contact requests,I strongly recommend you to install a IM software: QQ, from official website:

http://www.imqq.com/#       (international version)

Which is a powerful IM tool and I will be online for 7*24 with mobile phone,so that you can find me easier.  (Please write a postscript of your ID/info when adding me)

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 01:01:20 PM

AM had 60 Ph/s worth of chips. They don't need to mine with your PRISMAs. Since you guys are having no luck with email, have you tried contacting phasebird by QQ?

QQ number : 1327503207 (see below)

In particular, due to a lot of problems SKYPE currently have,for instant messages and constant contact requests,I strongly recommend you to install a IM software: QQ, from official website:

http://www.imqq.com/#       (international version)

Which is a powerful IM tool and I will be online for 7*24 with mobile phone,so that you can find me easier.  (Please write a postscript of your ID/info when adding me)

If they have 60 PH then where are the Prisma at? AM clearly said they have yield issues...did they not make these chips several months ago? Either way ignoring customers is bad business. I wanted to buy some, but do not participate in pre orders for this exact reason.
sdjernes

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:49:03 AM

Hi All,

My first 2 of 3 Prismas showed up at my office on Thursday.  I had one of my drivers bring one home to me to play with this weekend and here are my initial reactions to the device.

1. Device itself.
a. BIG
b. Pretty, (Geeky way, Sci-Fi fan and all)
c. Functionality:
One of the handles is a little bent in but that only made it a bit difficult to connect a PSU connecter.  The Dip switches being where they are will make setting the next one in the chain up interesting.  Speaking of that where is the chart on the switches?

2. Software Setup / USB device
I am using the USB dongle, as the current software for the Controller Box does not work with most pools

a. CGminer
After figuring out that the Debian build of CGminer was broken (long story).  I was able to get the unit to work somewhat.  I was getting a lot of "Unexpected Response 00 from BET 0" and "Sync Error"  I am not sure what is causing this as the solution was several power cycling of the miner and unplugging the USB device from the computer.

b. BFGminer
I built a custom 4.10.0 build of BFGminer but was not able to get it to detect the Prisma at all.  I tried several things without results.  Will have to look into this more.

3. Powering
a. Don't even bench test with less then a 1300W PSU.  I had a 1000W PSU I thought I could use on the bench for short power up tests and minor 10 minutes bursts of mining.  No it did not work.  Thank god for protection circuits or that sucker would have been a goner.

b. Using Dual PSUs, there may be a sequencing thing that is needed to be done with the boards.  I have not proven this yet.  I am still testing to see if this is what causes the errors mentioned above.

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:26:38 AM

Hi All,

My first 2 of 3 Prismas showed up at my office on Thursday.  I had one of my drivers bring one home to me to play with this weekend and here are my initial reactions to the device.

1. Device itself.
a. BIG
c. Functionality:
One of the handles is a little bent in but that only made it a bit difficult to connect a PSU connecter.  The Dip switches being where they are will make setting the next one in the chain up interesting.  Speaking of that where is the chart on the switches?

I am using the USB dongle, as the current software for the Controller Box does not work with most pools

a. CGminer
After figuring out that the Debian build of CGminer was broken (long story).  I was able to get the unit to work somewhat.  I was getting a lot of "Unexpected Response 00 from BET 0" and "Sync Error"  I am not sure what is causing this as the solution was several power cycling of the miner and unplugging the USB device from the computer.

b. BFGminer
I built a custom 4.10.0 build of BFGminer but was not able to get it to detect the Prisma at all.  I tried several things without results.  Will have to look into this more.

3. Powering
a. Don't even bench test with less then a 1300W PSU.  I had a 1000W PSU I thought I could use on the bench for short power up tests and minor 10 minutes bursts of mining.  No it did not work.  Thank god for protection circuits or that sucker would have been a goner.

b. Using Dual PSUs, there may be a sequencing thing that is needed to be done with the boards.  I have not proven this yet.  I am still testing to see if this is what causes the errors mentioned above.

Thanks for the information.  It's odd that a 1000W PSU wouldn't work for you.  AM claims 1050-1100W at the wall is typical per device so a 1000W 80plus PSU should work!  Do you have a power meter?  It would be nice to know what you're seeing at the wall.
tutorialevideo
Legendary

Activity: 1161

Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 08:23:25 AM

Hi All,

My first 2 of 3 Prismas showed up at my office on Thursday.  I had one of my drivers bring one home to me to play with this weekend and here are my initial reactions to the device.

1. Device itself.
a. BIG
c. Functionality:
One of the handles is a little bent in but that only made it a bit difficult to connect a PSU connecter.  The Dip switches being where they are will make setting the next one in the chain up interesting.  Speaking of that where is the chart on the switches?

a. CGminer
After figuring out that the Debian build of CGminer was broken (long story).  I was able to get the unit to work somewhat.  I was getting a lot of "Unexpected Response 00 from BET 0" and "Sync Error"  I am not sure what is causing this as the solution was several power cycling of the miner and unplugging the USB device from the computer.

b. BFGminer
I built a custom 4.10.0 build of BFGminer but was not able to get it to detect the Prisma at all.  I tried several things without results.  Will have to look into this more.

3. Powering
a. Don't even bench test with less then a 1300W PSU.  I had a 1000W PSU I thought I could use on the bench for short power up tests and minor 10 minutes bursts of mining.  No it did not work.  Thank god for protection circuits or that sucker would have been a goner.

b. Using Dual PSUs, there may be a sequencing thing that is needed to be done with the boards.  I have not proven this yet.  I am still testing to see if this is what causes the errors mentioned above.

great whaiting for our prismas Smiley

Hosting Bitcoin and any mining gear in Europe/Romania.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5228685.msg53918147#msg53918147

For more info you can write me!
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 01:59:56 PM

Once they are in stock and shipping regularly I will be grabbing one too...it is getting cold here and it will make an excellent garage heater! I assume the price will be lowered fairly soon too!
praeluceo

Activity: 123

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 04:37:22 PM

This is the email we sent Phasebird this morning. Including here to escalate greater transparency for all ASICMiner customers.

Good morning,
This is Ronald again, it has been nearly a month since our order was placed, and since that point we have not received any replies from you. Keeping tabs on your thread at Bitcointalk shows only one brief reply to the thread acknowledging the delay from Phasebird on October 25th. I had to go to ASICMiner's Facebook page to read friedcat's explanation of the issues with the BE200.

We are extremely disappointed in the lack of professionalism ASICMiner has demonstrated with this product launch, and the lack of communication that typically follows scam pre-orders, not legitimate sales. At nearly 15 BTC per order, you are not dealing with small home miners who have limited funds at risk, or who are only interested in small batches of hardware.

We fully expect an update today via email, and an update to your customers who you owe a response to on your Bitcointalk thread. We likewise fully expect compensation in the form of a partial refund and coupons -if- we decide to do business with you again, although from the irresponsible manner this launch has been handled, that is unlikely.

With a MOQ of 10 miners, and a minimum purchase price of 14.9 BTC, this level of delay is entirely unacceptable. If you are unable to respond to your customers' inquiries today, we will bring the matter up directly with friedcat in an attempt to arbitrate a solution, preferably one which does not attach ASICMiner's name to a product that, at present, entirely lacks customer support or feedback.

This has been a very disappointing experience for us in relation to ASICMiner, and future purchases will likely require the use of an escrow service to keep you honest and communicative, since apparently your priorities lie elsewhere from your hardware sales customers, and if that is the case, then I have to wonder if this is how ASICMiner will treat their investors after the IPO investments are raised.

To help improve our transparency in this exchange, I am going to make this an open letter and include it on the Bitcointalk thread verbatim to this email, but I still expect a reply via email today with regard to our hardware order.

Sincerely,
Ronald (Praeluceo)
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 04:39:48 PM

This is the email we sent Phasebird this morning. Including here to escalate greater transparency for all ASICMiner customers.

Good morning,
This is Ronald again, it has been nearly a month since our order was placed, and since that point we have not received any replies from you. Keeping tabs on your thread at Bitcointalk shows only one brief reply to the thread acknowledging the delay from Phasebird on October 25th. I had to go to ASICMiner's Facebook page to read friedcat's explanation of the issues with the BE200.

We are extremely disappointed in the lack of professionalism ASICMiner has demonstrated with this product launch, and the lack of communication that typically follows scam pre-orders, not legitimate sales. At nearly 15 BTC per order, you are not dealing with small home miners who have limited funds at risk, or who are only interested in small batches of hardware.

We fully expect an update today via email, and an update to your customers who you owe a response to on your Bitcointalk thread. We likewise fully expect compensation in the form of a partial refund and coupons -if- we decide to do business with you again, although from the irresponsible manner this launch has been handled, that is unlikely.

With a MOQ of 10 miners, and a minimum purchase price of 14.9 BTC, this level of delay is entirely unacceptable. If you are unable to respond to your customers' inquiries today, we will bring the matter up directly with friedcat in an attempt to arbitrate a solution, preferably one which does not attach ASICMiner's name to a product that, at present, entirely lacks customer support or feedback.

This has been a very disappointing experience for us in relation to ASICMiner, and future purchases will likely require the use of an escrow service to keep you honest and communicative, since apparently your priorities lie elsewhere from your hardware sales customers, and if that is the case, then I have to wonder if this is how ASICMiner will treat their investors after the IPO investments are raised.

To help improve our transparency in this exchange, I am going to make this an open letter and include it on the Bitcointalk thread verbatim to this email, but I still expect a reply via email today with regard to our hardware order.

Sincerely,
Ronald (Praeluceo)

This is why you NEVER pre order mining gear... Not sure how many times it needs to be posted for people to let it sink in...
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 04:40:47 PM

Good morning,

Sincerely,
Ronald (Praeluceo)

This is why you NEVER pre order mining gear... Not sure how many times it needs to be posted for people to let it sink in...

at this point you just let it be man Wink
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 04:52:10 PM

There are problems with the shipping the Prisma.  Apparently there some chips that were damaged so there is/was changes with the way the miners are packaged. 

There should be compensation to all buyers in the same way for the Tubes
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 04:53:45 PM

Hi All,

1. Device itself.
a. BIG
c. Functionality:

a. CGminer

b. BFGminer

3. Powering

Thanks for the information.  It's odd that a 1000W PSU wouldn't work for you.  AM claims 1050-1100W at the wall is typical per device so a 1000W 80plus PSU should work!  Do you have a power meter?  It would be nice to know what you're seeing at the wall.

From what I've seen with other people, the power draw is closer to 1100W.  The fan alone is pulling almost 50W
praeluceo

Activity: 123

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 05:23:17 PM

Good morning,

Sincerely,
Ronald (Praeluceo)

I totally agree Blazedout419, and I do not participate in pre-orders. I have had great success with ASICMiner and Bitmain hardware in the past, both companies have been very straight forward with issuing refunds on delayed hardware, and coupons for loyal customers. The Prisma was not represented to be a pre-order however. The posted shipping date was October 8th, which was right around when we placed our order. The expectation being that this would be like my other purchases from ASICMiner, where the order is placed, and then shipped within the next few days.

Brief
Round 1 Sales

Shipping date: 8th October, 2014 to 27th October, 2014
General Policy
1. Payment before shipping. The shipping order follows the payment order.

2. No refunds after the generation of tracking numbers.

3. If the corresponding tracking number has not been generated, we provide full refund starting from 27th October.
(The nominal refund amount follows the actual payment method, for example, 1 BTC refund for 1 BTC payment, 4k
USD refund for 4k USD payment)
Purchasing Procedure
1. Contact customer service via forum, email, IM or phone.
2. Fill the order details in the form provided by the customer service. (name/address/zip code/phone/email)
3. Pay according to the Bitcoin address given by the customer service.
4. Check for the tracking number when we start shipping.
5. Ask for refunds starting from 27th October if the tracking number has not been generated at that time.

However their ship date is now almost a month past, with only one official word from Phasebird, and it didn't articulate what sort of issue they had with the BE200s and their hashing board solution. We sent multiple e-mails to Phasebird when our order didn't ship, we got a re-negotiated ship date (the 15th) which slipped without response, and when the 27th came and went, we requested a status update again, and still no reply. So now I've made our latest inquiry to phasebird public, and subsequent correspondence will be handled directly with ASICMiner.

In the future, it seems that we will have to use escrow services even with previously reputable companies unless they actually have hardware that has already shipped. Batch #1 always gets burned, but for one of 2 ASIC manufacturers that I trust, this has been a terrible experience.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 05:51:18 PM

Well hopefully AM will hire someone to handle communication...it is amazing how bad they handle it now. I would guess that they will compensate you though. I think they are honest just very poorly run/organized...should be easy to fix.
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 03:08:04 AM

Do any of you get your news from sources beyond this forum?  Did you not read that friedcat and company operate finances out of Hong Kong (China blocks BTC thru banks)?  

Let's think...what's going on right now in Hong Kong?  Additionally, this forum is blocked in mainland China, so likely the only time they're posting updates, they're in HK.

https://www.google.com/search?q=china+hong+kong&safe=off&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ei=kEJYVK7gC8uvogTMm4LgBA&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAw&biw=1293&bih=678&dpr=0.9
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: