Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:02:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Christian BS  (Read 12638 times)
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 10:10:30 PM

Exodus 21

These are the ordinances that you shall set before them:

2 When you buy a male Hebrew slave, he shall serve for six years, but in the seventh he shall go out a free person, without debt. 3If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. 4If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master’s and he shall go out alone. 5But if the slave declares, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out a free person’, 6then his master shall bring him before God.* He shall be brought to the door or the doorpost; and his master shall pierce his ear with an awl; and he shall serve him for life.

7 When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. 8If she does not please her master, who designated her for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed; he shall have no right to sell her to a foreign people, since he has dealt unfairly with her. 9If he designates her for his son, he shall deal with her as with a daughter. 10If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish the food, clothing, or marital rights of the first wife.* 11And if he does not do these three things for her, she shall go out without debt, without payment of money.  

Those fucking Christians am I right? Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:16:42 PM

Exodus 21

2 When you buy a male Hebrew slave, he shall serve for six years, but in the seventh he shall go out a free person, without debt. 3If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. 4If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master’s and he shall go out alone. 5But if the slave declares, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out a free person’, 6then his master shall bring him before God.* He shall be brought to the door or the doorpost; and his master shall pierce his ear with an awl; and he shall serve him for life.

7 When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. 8If she does not please her master, who designated her for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed; he shall have no right to sell her to a foreign people, since he has dealt unfairly with her. 9If he designates her for his son, he shall deal with her as with a daughter. 10If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish the food, clothing, or marital rights of the first wife.* 11And if he does not do these three things for her, she shall go out without debt, without payment of money.  

lol...
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 10:52:03 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2014, 10:55:36 AM by Kluge

Christianity today isn't what Christianity was 2000 years ago. Most Christians don't want to admit this, but wouldn't adhere to "Real Christianity." Much of it's irrelevant if not outright counter to ideology held by most of today's modern Christians. Instead, it's a set of rules guided by men, often at conferences where they talk about which rules to ignore in the Bible like it's a US attorney general talking about which rules of the Constitution to ignore, whose rules are relayed (either in these conferences or through television/pamphlets/whatever) by pastors/deacons/whatever to members of this voluntary government. This is true of all religions I'm aware of.

-So when they talk about their religious customs or opinions extrapolated from any religious text, I think it's worth respecting insofar as it's worth respecting that they willfully submit to a set of rules which generally command they act in a way the rest of us would consider moral. Geography-based, non-voluntary governments aren't generally accepted to enforce "non-pragmatic morality" (... .... though this thought seems to be eroding every day), so it's reasonable to have "gap coverage" for people who want a more comprehensive set of rules we "all" agree on. The value of religion, though, erodes dramatically if they don't command a high market share with regards to the adherent market.

-But it should be sold that way, these days, I think, if it's to be honest. It should just be a kind of honor code, and if you want to have a bumper sticker saying you adhere to the set of rules, and even if you try to "convert" people to accept your honor code -- great! At least everyone else can know what to expect. ... I'm not totally put off to the idea that honor codes should exist... but the books of most religions are far too long, and in archaic language. The Bible, I'd guess, could probably be compressed to ~20 pages at most.

We all want these kinds of rulesets to some extent, I think. Some want the exhaustive Bible list (or just the 10 Commandments), some want the exhaustive list in the Koran... some have their own individual codes (or as they interpret the NAP)... some go by mafia codes... some go by law. If we could just all agree on what is and isn't the behavior of an asshole, I'd guess there'd be no conflict.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
September 23, 2014, 11:41:50 PM

This was originally written by Moses about 3,500 years ago. At the time, the common laws of all of the the lands included these things, things like slavery. People all over that area of the world (the Middle East) followed these basic laws and others.

The laws that Moses set up on the orders of God, were designed to be something that the people were familiar with, and were set up to form a theocracy type of government for Israel. It was also a government of family. The people of Israel at that time were very family minded, generally.

Throughout the centuries, people did as people do. Some of them followed the laws Moses set down. Some disobeyed. There is a strong common core of Jewish people who obey the laws Moses set down today. Note, there was/is no requirement to have slaves.

Thirty-five hundred years later, the basic laws of the world have changed so that slavery is formally outlawed. Yet, there are a lot of Arabs, especially in the Northwestern part of Africa, who still have slaves. Even the governments there condone it, but not officially, because of world views.

The word "slave" as written in many parts of the Old Testament was the word that we would use for "employee" or maybe "indentured servant." If a single man, today, had a female employee who lived at his house, he would not be required to marry her. In those ancient days, the honorable thing to do was to marry her... and it might be the honorable thing, now, if we were an honorable people.

If, back then, a female employee who was a wife got a different job, the husband might have to let her go as his employee. So, how do you treat a wife who was just an employee, but you were married to her (in name only) because it was the common law of the land and of the people? The laws Moses set up were a good way to assure that things were done fairly.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 08:42:42 AM

So basically what you're saying is that people didn't like what they saw and decided to re-write something their supposed god or prophet put down for them to follow so they change it into something they did like regardless of what was actually written down, some Christians you guys are Wink Oh wait! That kind of reminds me of how you react to science and the American constitution! Randomly making shit up and changing it through threats of violence or subverting the law in order to make it suit your own ignorant belief system!

Isn't it funny as well how this got more of a rise out of people than the Muslim thread, maybe it's because there's a higher number of Christians trolling around on these boards, you'd almost think I did that to piss them off deliberately Tongue
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 10:17:06 AM

Exodus 21

Perhaps you wanted to blame the jews as the Exodus been written by Moses for the benefit of the jew community...about 1200 years earlier than the first christians turned up Smiley.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 11:04:31 AM

Exodus 21

Perhaps you wanted to blame the jews as the Exodus been written by Moses for the benefit of the jew community...about 1200 years earlier than the first christians turned up Smiley.
Eh. Christians are Jews.... they've just evolved very, very differently from each other. The Jesus Jews seem to've just wanted a new set of rules.
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 11:42:02 AM

Many christians I know still treat their daughter and wives as slaves. Maybe they don't think about selling them, but they are not so different from muslims in that regard. It's like women don't have rights for them. Then again I'm not saying their all the same and of course there are christians that know how to distinguish right from wrong.
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:19:37 PM

LOL somebody got pricked hard and starts bitching.

You people are too easy.
BlackHawk23

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 12:37:41 PM

Be a christian at this day is something more about what you do.
Is more how you feel and interact with the people you have around you and with the world in general.
Dr. Pepper

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:07:41 PM

You people are too easy.

It seems you're too easy too given as these threads always get your goat. I guess a lot of people must've pricked you hard too. Lethn, Muslims, Chinese, anyone who isn't a white American.

sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:12:09 PM

Exodus 21

That is why,in the christian bible there are 2 books New Testament and Old Testament.The Old Testament describes how God made the world ,Adam and Eva and what happened to the chosen people till the day that Jesus was born.The New Testament describes the life of Jesus and the new rules that are given to the chosen people....so the Christians must respect the New Testament were is no slavery and Jesus says  to turn the other chick when some one slap your face.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Balls

Activity: 338

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 01:24:35 PM

You people are too easy.

Is pricked your new nonsense word that you're going to keep spouting now like it actually means something? Waiting for the day you get tired of your own bullshit or at least drown in it.

Exodus 21

That is why,in the christian bible there are 2 books New Testament and Old Testament.The Old Testament describes how God made the world ,Adam and Eva and what happened to the chosen people till the day that Jesus was born.The New Testament describes the life of Jesus and the new rules that are given to the chosen people....so the Christians must respect the New Testament were is no slavery and Jesus says  to turn the other chick when some one slap your face.

Lol, what has that got to do with this? How does having two books relate to this or your point?
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 02:28:06 PM

You people are too easy.

Is pricked your new nonsense word that you're going to keep spouting now like it actually means something? Waiting for the day you get tired of your own bullshit or at least drown in it.

Exodus 21

Lol, what has that got to do with this? How does having two books relate to this or your point?
What Lethn  posted is from the Old Testament ,Christians this days follow the New Testament,that is what i am trying to point out, the fact that Moses use to tell you how to behave with slaves or with your own kids is in the ancient time and all the people back then had slaves or they were slaves..times changed ...for Christians ,for some Muslims the things are the same as 2000-4000 years ago.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Honeypot

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:18:56 PM

You people are too easy.

It seems you're too easy too given as these threads always get your goat. I guess a lot of people must've pricked you hard too. Lethn, Muslims, Chinese, anyone who isn't a white American.

Right, becaus I am a white american....LOL

Bitches gotta bitch.
Balls

Activity: 338

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:30:41 PM

You people are too easy.

Bitches gotta bitch.

What are you then? Maybe you should enlighten us, but obviously you just like to BS and try skirt round answering these questions so people can't hold them against you. Like you seem to love telling everybody how great America is and throw a bitch fit when people criticize Christianity but oh no you're not a white American. Maybe a black one?  Grin
Honeypot

View Profile
September 24, 2014, 06:46:05 PM

You people are too easy.

Bitches gotta bitch.

What are you then? Maybe you should enlighten us, but obviously you just like to BS and try skirt round answering these questions so people can't hold them against you. Like you seem to love telling everybody how great America is and throw a bitch fit when people criticize Christianity but oh no you're not a white American. Maybe a black one?  Grin

And you are bitching and moaning because...? Cheesy

Of course, now you care about my ethnicity - thought you were all 'tolerant' peoples? LOL how quickly your mouth shifts when you think you got something to run with.

All I hear from you fools is 'NO U'.

If you had a little shred of intelligence, you would read the posts and realize that general anti-american bitch fit is what I am debunking, and at the core no amount of criticisms against such attitudes amounted to praising america beyond what it is, unlike many fools who aggrandize their delusional sense of racial, national identity Smiley

I wouldn't expect some fool to get that point, but give it a try.

Also, if you believe your opinions matter more than that of a 'white american', you presume much on racial grounds. I hear your mouth and understand that most white americans i've met had more balls to not bitch like you do Grin

But yes, keep dreaming that I am a 'white american'. Maybe it's too painful for you to imagine that other people might be aware of your bitch nature Cheesy
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:23:21 AM

Exodus 21

I wonder if "If she does not please her master" has a sexual context

Account recovered 08-12-2019
traderbit

Activity: 798

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 03:18:59 AM

There are thousands of different religions in the world, and in the vast majority of cases people follow the dominant faith of the culture they were born into. Is it not arrogant and self-centred to think that your faith is the "true" one and all the others are false?

knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:22:22 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2014, 04:19:39 AM by knight22

There are thousands of different religions in the world, and in the vast majority of cases people follow the dominant faith of the culture they were born into. Is it not arrogant and self-centred to think that your faith is the "true" one and all the others are false?

It is but arrogant people are everywhere. That's why religious debates are clashing so much.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: