Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:11:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Christian BS  (Read 12638 times)
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 03:28:01 AM

That is why,in the christian bible there are 2 books New Testament and Old Testament.The Old Testament describes how God made the world ,Adam and Eva and what happened to the chosen people till the day that Jesus was born.The New Testament describes the life of Jesus and the new rules that are given to the chosen people....so the Christians must respect the New Testament were is no slavery and Jesus says  to turn the other chick when some one slap your face.

http://biblehub.com/matthew/5-17.htm

"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18"For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
traderbit

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 04:03:58 AM

Just because it’s descriptive and contains stories of murder, rape, and incest does not mean the Bible is prescriptive in encouraging such atrocities. Such things were wrong then and they’re wrong now

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 05:06:52 AM

Just because it’s descriptive and contains stories of murder, rape, and incest does not mean the Bible is prescriptive in encouraging such atrocities. Such things were wrong then and they’re wrong now

But they seemed to be OK then, according to the bible, and are even given as examples of good behavior (like attempting to murder your child if the voice in your head tells you to).
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 07:06:17 AM

But they seemed to be OK then, according to the bible, and are even given as examples of good behavior (like attempting to murder your child if the voice in your head tells you to).

Back in the days of Abraham - about 4,000 years ago - entropy had not advanced as far as it has today. After all, the creation was only 2,000 years old back then. People could still hear God talking to them for real back then. That's why Abraham could hear God rather plainly at times. Now days, God has to holler for people other than His Christians to hear Him. And even His Christians are hard of hearing.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Nemo1024
Legendary

Merit: 1014

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 07:57:09 AM

Did the god's words run backwards in the year -4,000,000? Wink

“Dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
“We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay, though never quite eradicated.”
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 08:56:14 AM

Read again, the Bible encourages MANY evil things:

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death.  Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill all Homosexuals
If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives. (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Death for Adultery
If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Kill Nonbelievers
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.  (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God
Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods.  In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully.  If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock.  Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it.  Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God.  That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt.  Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction.  Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you.  He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors.  "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."  (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Kill Women (by stoning) Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night
But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house.  Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy  22:20-21 NAB)

Kill Sons of Sinners
Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

Kill Men, Women, and Children
"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked.  Show no mercy; have no pity!  Kill them all – old and young, girls and women and little children.  But do not touch anyone with the mark.  Begin your task right here at the Temple."  So they began by killing the seventy leaders.  "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded.  "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill!  Go!"  So they went throughout the city and did as they were told."  (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

Murder, Slavery, Rape and Pillage is OK for God
As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace.  If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor.  But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town.  When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town.  But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder.  You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you. (Deuteronomy 20:10-14)

This is the kind of shit religious people is giving their children to read, teaching them these are "holy" texts. REALLY? WTF.

Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 10:40:09 AM

Oh and don't forget the fact that they advocate child abuse.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+23%3A13-14

Proverbs 23:13-14New International Version (NIV)
Saying 13

13 Do not withhold discipline from a child;
    if you punish them with the rod, they will not die.
14 Punish them with the rod
    and save them from death.

This one I've bolded particularly makes me laugh, lets see them worm out of this quote.
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 02:39:39 PM

This is common knowledge, Christians always deny it though, by saying "Oh but that's the Old Testament. Read the latest edition by God."

Account recovered 08-12-2019
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2014, 06:02:14 PM

This is common knowledge, Christians always deny it though, by saying "Oh but that's the Old Testament. Read the latest edition by God."

Which is where you come in and quote Jesus at them:

"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished." Matthew 5, 17-18
Tusk

Activity: 444
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:39:25 PM

I always find it funny how one side argues that their god is so righteous and almighty and another the same, clearly neither is true for surely the most powerful and mighty would have subjugated the other way before meer mortals had to fight the cause on their behalf. Tongue

All mind control for psychopathic tyrants to parasitize others 

From the ashes rises the Phoenix. Viva the block chain, Viva BitCoin!
awesome31312

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 06:48:58 PM

Which is where you come in and quote Jesus at them:

"Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished." Matthew 5, 17-18

Which means that the penalty for apostasy under Christianity is stoning

Fabrizio89

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 05:56:04 AM

I always find it funny how one side argues that their god is so righteous and almighty and another the same, clearly neither is true for surely the most powerful and mighty would have subjugated the other way before meer mortals had to fight the cause on their behalf. Tongue

All mind control for psychopathic tyrants to parasitize others 

Indeed, and considering how the origin of every religion is the same it's even more astonishing.
Every religion has its good messages though, if only people could focus on those instead...
Bonam

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 07:07:44 AM

The BS of Christianity is that there are still so many Christians. One can understand how dwellers of third world countries barely out of the stone age still follow desert superstitions (as in the Muslim BS thread), but many Christians live in parts of the world with access to all the information they need to realize how religion is complete BS, and yet they cling to it anyway.
awesome31312

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 12:47:29 PM

Saying 13

This one I've bolded particularly makes me laugh, lets see them worm out of this quote.

That's not the first pedophilic reference

knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:11:02 PM

Saying 13

Pedophilic has a sexual connotation. You should look back your definitions.

awesome31312

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:15:43 PM

Saying 13

Numbers 31:16-17 is about God telling the barbaric savages (Christians) to plunder and rape, massacring all the children, and the non-virgin girls, but to save all the virgin little girls for yourself.

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:26:18 PM

Saying 13

Numbers 31:16-17 is about God telling the barbaric savages (Christians) to plunder and rape, massacring all the children, and the non-virgin girls, but to save all the virgin little girls for yourself.

You are obviously pulling conclusion and twisting contexts. Can you share us the socio-military-politico context of these nations so we can understand better the situation?

Your emotional responses doesn't give you any credibility and show that you are not interested to understand precisely what were the motivations.

awesome31312

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 01:47:48 PM

Saying 13

You are obviously pulling conclusion and twisting contexts. Can you share us the socio-military-politico context of these nations so we can understand better the situation?

Your emotional responses doesn't give you any credibility and show that you are not interested to understand precisely what were the motivations.

Numbers 31

7 They fought against Midian, as the Lord commanded Moses, and killed every man. 8 Among their victims were Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur and Reba—the five kings of Midian. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. 9 The Israelites captured the Midianite women and children and took all the Midianite herds, flocks and goods as plunder. 10 They burned all the towns where the Midianites had settled, as well as all their camps. 11 They took all the plunder and spoils, including the people and animals, 12 and brought the captives, spoils and plunder to Moses and Eleazar the priest and the Israelite assembly at their camp on the plains of Moab, by the Jordan across from Jericho.

13 Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14 Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:09:26 PM

all religions is based on fear. believe or hellfire
knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:11:47 PM

Saying 13

Numbers 31

7 They fought against Midian, as the Lord commanded Moses, and killed every man. 8 Among their victims were Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur and Reba—the five kings of Midian. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. 9 The Israelites captured the Midianite women and children and took all the Midianite herds, flocks and goods as plunder. 10 They burned all the towns where the Midianites had settled, as well as all their camps. 11 They took all the plunder and spoils, including the people and animals, 12 and brought the captives, spoils and plunder to Moses and Eleazar the priest and the Israelite assembly at their camp on the plains of Moab, by the Jordan across from Jericho.

13 Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14 Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Your red quotes didn't give any more context to understand the motivations. Maybe I should teach you something about critical thoughts? To understand the context and motivations I would be interested to know what exactly were those Balaam's advice. Was it to kill all Israelites and rape their childrens while they were peacefully living side by side?  Was the red quote's a response to a direct threat to their own existence?

But my guess is that you are not interested to understand something but just proving your emotive point.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: