Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:12:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Christian BS  (Read 12635 times)
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:12:31 PM

all religions is based on fear. believe or hellfire

Ignorant claim is ignorant. Maybe that's why you fear religions?  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:16:41 PM

Oh and don't forget the fact that they advocate child abuse.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+23%3A13-14

Proverbs 23:13-14New International Version (NIV)
Saying 13

13 Do not withhold discipline from a child;
    if you punish them with the rod, they will not die.
14 Punish them with the rod
    and save them from death.

This one I've bolded particularly makes me laugh, lets see them worm out of this quote.

That's not the first pedophilic reference

Pedophilic has a sexual connotation. You should look back your definitions.

Numbers 31:16-17 is about God telling the barbaric savages (Christians) to plunder and rape, massacring all the children, and the non-virgin girls, but to save all the virgin little girls for yourself.

You are obviously pulling conclusion and twisting contexts. Can you share us the socio-military-politico context of these nations so we can understand better the situation?

Your emotional responses doesn't give you any credibility and show that you are not interested to understand precisely what were the motivations.

Numbers 31

7 They fought against Midian, as the Lord commanded Moses, and killed every man. 8 Among their victims were Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur and Reba—the five kings of Midian. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. 9 The Israelites captured the Midianite women and children and took all the Midianite herds, flocks and goods as plunder. 10 They burned all the towns where the Midianites had settled, as well as all their camps. 11 They took all the plunder and spoils, including the people and animals, 12 and brought the captives, spoils and plunder to Moses and Eleazar the priest and the Israelite assembly at their camp on the plains of Moab, by the Jordan across from Jericho.

13 Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14 Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Your red quotes didn't give any more context to understand the motivations. Maybe I should teach you something about critical thoughts? To understand the context and motivations I would be interested to know what exactly were those Balaam's advice. Was it to kill all Israelites and rape their childrens while they were peacefully living side by side?  Was the red quote's a response to a direct threat to their own existence?

But my guess is that you are not interested to understand something but just proving your emotive point.

Are you really trying to justify that barbarianism?

Account recovered 08-12-2019
knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:19:52 PM

Oh and don't forget the fact that they advocate child abuse.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+23%3A13-14

Proverbs 23:13-14New International Version (NIV)
Saying 13

13 Do not withhold discipline from a child;
    if you punish them with the rod, they will not die.
14 Punish them with the rod
    and save them from death.

This one I've bolded particularly makes me laugh, lets see them worm out of this quote.

That's not the first pedophilic reference

Pedophilic has a sexual connotation. You should look back your definitions.

Numbers 31:16-17 is about God telling the barbaric savages (Christians) to plunder and rape, massacring all the children, and the non-virgin girls, but to save all the virgin little girls for yourself.

You are obviously pulling conclusion and twisting contexts. Can you share us the socio-military-politico context of these nations so we can understand better the situation?

Your emotional responses doesn't give you any credibility and show that you are not interested to understand precisely what were the motivations.

Numbers 31

7 They fought against Midian, as the Lord commanded Moses, and killed every man. 8 Among their victims were Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur and Reba—the five kings of Midian. They also killed Balaam son of Beor with the sword. 9 The Israelites captured the Midianite women and children and took all the Midianite herds, flocks and goods as plunder. 10 They burned all the towns where the Midianites had settled, as well as all their camps. 11 They took all the plunder and spoils, including the people and animals, 12 and brought the captives, spoils and plunder to Moses and Eleazar the priest and the Israelite assembly at their camp on the plains of Moab, by the Jordan across from Jericho.

13 Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp. 14 Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people. 17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Your red quotes didn't give any more context to understand the motivations. Maybe I should teach you something about critical thoughts? To understand the context and motivations I would be interested to know what exactly were those Balaam's advice. Was it to kill all Israelites and rape their childrens while they were peacefully living side by side?  Was the red quote's a response to a direct threat to their own existence?

But my guess is that you are not interested to understand something but just proving your emotive point.

Are you really trying to justify that barbarianism?

I'm trying to understand, don't you? If I were a direct threat to your life, would it be OK for you to kill me first? Or maybe you would just tell me "Kill me first because I am not a barbar!"

futurebit640

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 02:53:51 PM

Christianity is based on fear Tongue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcgAfkljeQI
knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:03:35 PM

That guy is very credible. No doubts.

futurebit640

Activity: 910

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:27:04 PM

If Christians are to be moral because of their love of God and not out of fear, then why are curses for disobedience and prophecies of punishment found so frequently in the OT, and why does Jesus mention hell so often in the NT?
knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:01:32 PM

If Christians are to be moral because of their love of God and not out of fear, then why are curses for disobedience and prophecies of punishment found so frequently in the OT, and why does Jesus mention hell so often in the NT?

Some people are acting good because they are altruist people and others are acting good because they fear the consequences of being bad. Some people are driving within speed limits because it is safer for them and others while other people drives within the limits because they fear to get arrested. If you don't put consequences to bad behaviours, then you don't reach the second category of people that are intrinsically bad/stupid.

You can't put everyone in the same boat and things aren't just black and white. Motivations behind religious beliefs are not the same for everybody. For some it is fear, some it is love and others might have other reasons. 

awesome31312

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:06:37 PM

Because Jesus loves you so much, he created a special place for those who don't love him back, a place where they burn for eternity.

And that makes him a psychopath. You can't force someone to love you, it comes naturally.

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:24:53 PM

Because Jesus loves you so much, he created a special place for those who don't love him back, a place where they burn for eternity.

And that makes him a psychopath. You can't force someone to love you, it comes naturally.

Do you have some link that demonstrate such claims? Your conclusions seem to become more and more idiotic.

C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:28:37 PM

The Internet is where religions come to die.  Bringing that bullshit here is just asking for an asskicking.   Grin

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
awesome31312

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 12:18:42 AM

Do you have some link that demonstrate such claims? Your conclusions seem to become more and more idiotic.

Are you claiming that hell doesn't exist according to Christianity?

trans4mist

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 10:19:16 PM

For those "moderate" xtians who go around saying Jesus freed us from the OT.

Matthew 5:17-18New International Version (NIV)

The Fulfillment of the Law

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 06:18:31 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2014, 07:13:59 PM by Rassah

I'm trying to understand, don't you? If I were a direct threat to your life, would it be OK for you to kill me first? Or maybe you would just tell me "Kill me first because I am not a barbar!"

Can you explain how a bunch of virgin girls held captive by a bunch of military guys are "a direct threat to life?" Or are OK to force into a sexual relationship?
Lethn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 07:31:31 AM

^ See my earlier comments about Christianity and slavery and the oppression of women Wink
awesome31312

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 01:30:26 PM

^ See my earlier comments about Christianity and slavery and the oppression of women Wink

Put a proper reference, there have got to be over a hundred posts on this thread alone

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:55:15 PM

Put a proper reference, there have got to be over a hundred posts on this thread alone

This story from the massacre of the Cathars in Europe sums up really well why religion is a problem.

Arnaud-Amaury, the Cistercian abbot-commander, is supposed to have been asked how to tell Cathars from Catholics. His reply, recalled by Caesar of Heisterbach, a fellow Cistercian, thirty years later was "Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius."—"Kill them all, the Lord will recognise His own."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catharism#Massacre

awesome31312

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:58:39 PM

This story from the massacre of the Cathars in Europe sums up really well why religion is a problem.

Arnaud-Amaury, the Cistercian abbot-commander, is supposed to have been asked how to tell Cathars from Catholics. His reply, recalled by Caesar of Heisterbach, a fellow Cistercian, thirty years later was "Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius."—"Kill them all, the Lord will recognise His own."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catharism#Massacre

I never disagreed, just asked you to list references as good practice.

KeetBeat

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 05:58:01 PM

Exodus 21

These are the ordinances that you shall set before them:

2 When you buy a male Hebrew slave, he shall serve for six years, but in the seventh he shall go out a free person, without debt. 3If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. 4If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master’s and he shall go out alone. 5But if the slave declares, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out a free person’, 6then his master shall bring him before God.* He shall be brought to the door or the doorpost; and his master shall pierce his ear with an awl; and he shall serve him for life.

7 When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. 8If she does not please her master, who designated her for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed; he shall have no right to sell her to a foreign people, since he has dealt unfairly with her. 9If he designates her for his son, he shall deal with her as with a daughter. 10If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish the food, clothing, or marital rights of the first wife.* 11And if he does not do these three things for her, she shall go out without debt, without payment of money.  

Those fucking Christians am I right? Tongue

Anyone who follows the Bible literally is an idiot because you have cultural relativism into play.  All of those teachings while relevant in the respective society that was taught in, should not be viewed literally in contemporary society. 
awesome31312

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 09:00:51 PM

Exodus 21

2 When you buy a male Hebrew slave, he shall serve for six years, but in the seventh he shall go out a free person, without debt. 3If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. 4If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master’s and he shall go out alone. 5But if the slave declares, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out a free person’, 6then his master shall bring him before God.* He shall be brought to the door or the doorpost; and his master shall pierce his ear with an awl; and he shall serve him for life.

7 When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she shall not go out as the male slaves do. 8If she does not please her master, who designated her for himself, then he shall let her be redeemed; he shall have no right to sell her to a foreign people, since he has dealt unfairly with her. 9If he designates her for his son, he shall deal with her as with a daughter. 10If he takes another wife to himself, he shall not diminish the food, clothing, or marital rights of the first wife.* 11And if he does not do these three things for her, she shall go out without debt, without payment of money.  

Anyone who follows the Bible literally is an idiot because you have cultural relativism into play.  All of those teachings while relevant in the respective society that was taught in, should not be viewed literally in contemporary society. 

I agree, anybody who follows the Bible today is literally an idiot

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
October 06, 2014, 04:43:33 PM

Exodus 21

I agree, anybody who follows the Bible today is literally an idiot

Problem is, from a purely cultural standpoint, nobody knows that the God of the Bible is not real. And nobody knows that He is not the force behind the Bible being what it is today. If He is real, you are in big trouble if you mess with His Bible.

From a scientific standpoint - not the popular political science propaganda, rather real science - the God of the Bible has virtually been proven to exist. But if you listen to all the interpretations of science made by jokers who want to expel God from their lives, you won't get true science.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: