Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:44:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GHOST] GhostCoin | Roadmap | Thread Redesign | Bittrex | Bter | 400GH+  (Read 117081 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:11:56 PM

Why is everyone still bothering with this?  There are plenty of real coins to invest in and mine.  There are two scenarios for this:

1) Dev is telling the truth and did get scammed by other team members.  If this is true then that isn't exactly a confidence inspiring fact.  Nobody in their right mind would be interested in investing in this.  If a rollback happens that will only make it worse.  So in essence the coin is DEAD.

2) Dev was part of the scam and has now decided to move to plan B after Bittrex foiled plan A.  People get scammed again. Whether his plan works or not the coin is DEAD.

I think a reality check is in order.  

This really can't be revived, particularly with this developer in charge.  He would need to provide extraordinary proof to convince anyone with half a brain that he is legit. 

Also if that happened he would need show that his poor judgement was an extreme aberration and unlikely to happen again.
BitBD

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Crypto Maniac

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 06:17:27 PM

This really can't be revived, particularly with this developer in charge.  He would need to provide extraordinary proof to convince anyone with half a brain that he is legit

+1
------------------------------------
btw, we have to make it for cut some of our losses. if we try.....it might possible.

Follow me: https://twitter.com/BitBD
Show me some love with bitcoin: 189YmAMvi3SZCXCVqAFtVmGKWzanYtfsoH
|Trade LTC, BTC with 20x Leverage at  OKCoin | visit: https://dikbazar.com  for best  deal.
BTHECREATOR

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 06:19:53 PM

Why is everyone still bothering with this?  There are plenty of real coins to invest in and mine.  There are two scenarios for this:

1) Dev is telling the truth and did get scammed by other team members.  If this is true then that isn't exactly a confidence inspiring fact.  Nobody in their right mind would be interested in investing in this.  If a rollback happens that will only make it worse.  So in essence the coin is DEAD.

2) Dev was part of the scam and has now decided to move to plan B after Bittrex foiled plan A.  People get scammed again. Whether his plan works or not the coin is DEAD.

This really can't be revived, particularly with this developer in charge.  He would need to provide extraordinary proof to convince anyone with half a brain that he is legit. 

Also if that happened he would need show that his poor judgement was an extreme aberration and unlikely to happen again.

Soul-Eater, this is WhaleZygote. Why are you trolling? Afraid of ghosts? Haha,
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 07:00:34 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2014, 07:11:30 PM by Soul_eater_123

I think you misunderstand what trolling is.  Why are you so blind?

Indeed it may be willfull blindness i.e. get GHOST revived for long enough that you can sell your bags to some other poor loser who gets taken in by the dev. 

That way you don't lose anything. 

Be honest now. 

That would make you just as much a scammer as whoever sent 10m coins to Bittrex.

The truth hurts I suppose.
Black Mamba

Activity: 656
Merit: 500

Don't Trust Words

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 07:07:01 PM

BoeeeZZZaaaa   Grin
whatdidshedo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 07:31:37 PM

I think you misunderstand what trolling is.  Why are you so blind?

Indeed it may be willfull blindness i.e. get GHOST revived for long enough that you can sell your bags to some other poor loser who gets taken in by the dev. 

That way you don't lose anything. 

Be honest now. 

That would make you just as much a scammer as whoever sent 10m coins to Bittrex.

The truth hurts I suppose.

you will only be called fudder cause people don't deal with reality only care about their bags , why didn't dev comment before it was duped on bter , your plan b scenario is most likely the way it played out dev didn't get to dump and is also deep in it sso trying to save his own interest , but you will only be called fudder for speaking up . 

OdinYggd

Activity: 94

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 07:59:27 PM

I start to think ipominer does this scams

See pattern
1. New account makes a coin
2. Ipoadds it
3. Bittrex adds
4. Ends as scam

100% scam coins always hit ipominer before bittrex

I somehow doubt that IPOMiner is on it, knowing its ownership for nearly a year now and watching them weather storm after storm.

Though they do look suspicious, it is inherent to the nature of how they do business.

IPOMiner gets its competitive edge over other pools by taking the calculated risk in mining newly-released coins, oftentimes before they have been listed on an exchange.

Usually it works well for them, as a decent sized bag can be mined while the coin is still of little to no value before being listed that then becomes a substantial value once listed and the market establishes a price.

Having scamcoins pass through their system is as much of a burden on ipominer as it is on bittrex, precisely because people come back and accuse them of being in on it when the warning signs clearly state trade/mine at your own risk.

And both bittrex and ipominer have made great strides in detecting and shutting down scams as quickly as possible. Bittrex's system reacted with no human intervention to suspend ghost when abnormal activity was detected, with ipominer switching off and suspending it very soon after.

As far as the future for ghost though, this exploit is effectively the same nature as what happened to USB. While in this case bittrex suspended the coin before the scamdevs could successfully dump the illicit coin, the rollback required to undo those transactions would still result in a substantial loss of profit for all of the exchanges to have been trading at the time of the exploit.

Combine that loss of profit with the loss of developer trust, and the history that shows coins to have such scams happen seldom if ever recover, and you have a situation where allowing the coin to return is a pretty significant gamble for the exchanges while offering sadly little profit because people just want to dump their bags and get away from the mess.

It would save everyone a lot of time to just call the chain a total loss and move on.
chicken65

Activity: 770
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 10:46:16 PM

Sure I believe the dev  Smiley Aslong as he keeps the thread updated it's all good in my eyes, I have been here for a very long time and I've seen my fair share of scams, devs dont usually bother replying and already have a new coin out by now

Holding a few Ghost eh? Wink

What if he is..
But the fact is if the Dev was a scammer he wouldn't be here now for he has nothing to gain from it.
I have some of these coins and if theres a chance the situation can be salvaged then its all good.
VampiricElder

Activity: 495

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:04:04 PM

so what timeframe are we looking at?
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 01:55:44 AM

See pattern
2. Ipoadds it
3. Bittrex adds
4. Ends as scam

ipo does not have the necessary, their legit, don't troll/fud

I've been with IPO miner pool from the start. They do not add scam coins, they are usually first to remove them.
But they do add new coins when they feel it has potential to be a good coin.  They have picked many winners, and
a few losers. Currently they are mining Whistle and Glow. Neither are a scam or have been found to have any issues,
but those coins could go to zero or never be listed, or they could go way up. It obviously depends on the dev team
and whether they are legit.  Having said all that, about 90% of the new coins that come out have some kind of issues
or are a scam. If you don't want to speculate in brand new coins, then stick to ltc, doge, drk, vert, etc., the established
coins.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

minerpools

Activity: 574

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 02:23:02 AM

See pattern
2. Ipoadds it
3. Bittrex adds
4. Ends as scam

I somehow doubt that IPOMiner is on it, knowing its ownership for nearly a year now and watching them weather storm after storm.

Though they do look suspicious, it is inherent to the nature of how they do business.

IPOMiner gets its competitive edge over other pools by taking the calculated risk in mining newly-released coins, oftentimes before they have been listed on an exchange.

Usually it works well for them, as a decent sized bag can be mined while the coin is still of little to no value before being listed that then becomes a substantial value once listed and the market establishes a price.

Having scamcoins pass through their system is as much of a burden on ipominer as it is on bittrex, precisely because people come back and accuse them of being in on it when the warning signs clearly state trade/mine at your own risk.

And both bittrex and ipominer have made great strides in detecting and shutting down scams as quickly as possible. Bittrex's system reacted with no human intervention to suspend ghost when abnormal activity was detected, with ipominer switching off and suspending it very soon after.

As far as the future for ghost though, this exploit is effectively the same nature as what happened to USB. While in this case bittrex suspended the coin before the scamdevs could successfully dump the illicit coin, the rollback required to undo those transactions would still result in a substantial loss of profit for all of the exchanges to have been trading at the time of the exploit.

Combine that loss of profit with the loss of developer trust, and the history that shows coins to have such scams happen seldom if ever recover, and you have a situation where allowing the coin to return is a pretty significant gamble for the exchanges while offering sadly little profit because people just want to dump their bags and get away from the mess.

It would save everyone a lot of time to just call the chain a total loss and move on.

IPOminer's legit, they were as surprised and affected as every one of us. The scammer is the dev, no one else.
This was done with such intention and planning that If it weren't for Bittrex's alarm system and ocminer's block explorer we wouldn't have known what happened.

bungrudi

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:12:25 AM

im noob. glad i made it out just in time.
lesson learned.
GhostCoinDev (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:43:33 AM

Developer Announcement -- Fixing the coin, moving forward

We want to thank everyone for their support during this time it has been a learning process from the school of hard knocks for all involved. We want to let everyone know that work is being done constantly to correct the issues and there are significant updates to report.

Here are the latest updates:

• A new github account has been created, the fixes have been made, and new keys have been generated as well.
  • We are working on a getting a rollback implemented to correct the blockchain issues and revert the 10million PoW block.
  • We are going to have a hardfork scheduled to correct the issue as it only appears to have affected PoW blocks.
  • New seed nodes are being setup for the new coin hardfork which will be used to sync the new blockchain going forward.

Again our sincere apologies for this issue, we are currently working on the rollback and will announce the hardfork date soon and confirm it with the exchanges. We want to thank again everyone for their efforts to help resolve this issue.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1
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=w9Em
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
HoldTheLine

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:06:51 AM

We want to thank everyone for their support during this time it has been a learning process from the school of hard knocks for all involved. We want to let everyone know that work is being done constantly to correct the issues and there are significant updates to report.

• A new github account has been created, the fixes have been made, and new keys have been generated as well.
  • We are working on a getting a rollback implemented to correct the blockchain issues and revert the 10million PoW block.
  • We are going to have a hardfork scheduled to correct the issue as it only appears to have affected PoW blocks.
  • New seed nodes are being setup for the new coin hardfork which will be used to sync the new blockchain going forward.

Again our sincere apologies for this issue, we are currently working on the rollback and will announce the hardfork date soon and confirm it with the exchanges. We want to thank again everyone for their efforts to help resolve this issue.

+hmhBR7t+qzf5T1MQszK
=w9Em

Excellent work dev - Got your back on this one ;-)

Can we get even a very rough date when we will be back up and running?

Cheers!
VampiricElder

Activity: 495

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:16:02 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2014, 09:26:57 AM by VampiricElder

If dev fixes this, he will gain alot of respect from the community and trust in any future projects he does. I hope this is fixed by the end of the week. What will happen to the people who unknowingly bought bad coins?

HoldTheLine

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:56:33 AM

If dev fixes this, he will gain alot of respect from the community and trust in any future projects he does. I hope this is fixed by the end of the week. What will happen to the people who unknowingly bought bad coins?

The only bad coins will be after the 10 Million block which means the dumps to 0 Sat on Bter had already begun. Hundreds of thousands of coins were dumped on one guys buy order of less than half a bitcoin.

Ill be damned if someone with .38 Bitcoin is going to hold 600,000 coins lol

Rewind the clock and we will have less trouble holding a similar price as was frozen on Bittrex. No megawhales created for next to nothing - minimize dumping concerns.
gorian

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:00:12 AM

@GhostCoinDev

Coins after the supposed backtracking will be rejected  or will reject blocks with bigger prizes? In other words, the blocks will be discarded after the specified block?

I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with the technical capabilities of the code.
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:55:13 PM

For those who don't realise this yet, get the fuck out!!
boxxa

Activity: 310

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 01:57:11 PM

This wouldn't be the first time a block chain roll back happened. There is coins this worked for. Kinda shocked to see this being address and worked on. I applaud the dev for committing to fix this.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 02:14:19 PM

+hmhBR7t+qzf5T1MQszK
=w9Em

if dev can fix this correctly, then this maybe the best way to reduce everybody's lose. and regain trust from community.

hope dev can handle this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: