Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:16:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (XWC) | WhiteCoin | NEWS: Foundation, investors, WhiteOS ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 251180 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Banger42

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 02:44:03 PM

When is the deadline and how to swap manually...
...wallet synced up with the latest blockchain that OZ posted today but now bittrex shows wallet offline.

Quote, This quick operation is meaningless and especially with poor organization and transparency.
Who decided and with what criteria? Huh

bump.  Under 1 week notice.  
Mind you this a global community.  
Holidays differ.

operation fubar.
Last week, i chimed in that cryptopia would delist ... no one commented on solution/option.
Bittrex has already closed the swap window??

Where / What / When ?

Lucy do some explaining here!

There is going to be manual swap, we are just waiting on Oizo to post specifics.

..and we have to pay a fee for manual swap?!?
I hope no, because 7 days for this shitting swap operation is a bullshit.
Where is the community involvement? Is a dev private coin?
This seems like a private operation for the circle of friends promptly informed and earn hypothetical %fee of bittrex for manual swap.
Many people who have invested since the beginning do not live everyday on this thread pressing "F5".

Who thought and decided to do this in just 7 days?
How logical manner?

We had to do the swap soon, because of the blockchain problems. We have announced it in January and told, that it would be best to move all coins to Bittrex.
The announcement with the date for the automatic swap was a little bit late, so that only another 7 days were left.
But no problem at all, every coin can be swapped manually for two months, after Bittrex has finished and the new wallet is released.
No fees must be payed for the manual swap and the price for the Bittrex swap was payed by the dev team.

Best regards
Banger
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neoxxx

Activity: 351

Source of knowledge is experience. A.E.

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 04:16:31 PM

Sounds good now.
Thanks for the clarification
blitzkitten

Activity: 483

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 09:53:56 PM

No fees must be payed for the manual swap and the price for the Bittrex swap was payed by the dev team.

Best regards
Banger

Well that's bloody nice of you guys. Much appreciated.
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
February 14, 2017, 11:01:23 PM

maybe some ppl have a reading comprehension issue. I suggested a fee after the initial manual swap as an incentive for the devs to maybe run a couple ras PI's on the old chain so these swap stragglers still get taken care of.

In my opinion swaps should be forever but that obviously represents an issue for all dev teams that initiate swaps. It seems to me that a snapshot should resolve all issues as any coins moved after the snapshot date no longer qualify for the swap. This way if you have a paper wallet or cold storage with XWC on it but only check the thread once a year than you are still safe as the snapshot would show those XWC and amount of time they have been stored.

my 2 cents,
john

Banger42

Activity: 379

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 12:02:28 AM

maybe some ppl have a reading comprehension issue. I suggested a fee after the initial manual swap as an incentive for the devs to maybe run a couple ras PI's on the old chain so these swap stragglers still get taken care of.

In my opinion swaps should be forever but that obviously represents an issue for all dev teams that initiate swaps. It seems to me that a snapshot should resolve all issues as any coins moved after the snapshot date no longer qualify for the swap. This way if you have a paper wallet or cold storage with XWC on it but only check the thread once a year than you are still safe as the snapshot would show those XWC and amount of time they have been stored.

my 2 cents,
john

Yes, but in this case, you have a wallet with 100+ mil unswapped coins in it.
And you have to trust the holder of this wallet, that he do not sell this coins in the future.
I trust the dev team, but if I were new and want to invest in a new coin (or a swapped one), then this would be a reason to not invest in it!

And the problem with the old block chain still exists, so if you keep the old chain running, that problem can come again and we want to get rid of it.

And another problem is the Mintpal and Cryptsy wallet with lots of coins in it. I think its very important to leave that bag behind us. So, after the swap is over, we can be sure that the scammers from this two exchanges are not dumping their coins sometime in the future.

But this are only my 2 cents Wink
Banger
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 03:00:53 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2017, 06:13:07 AM by CryptoJohn

my 2 cents,
john

Yes, but in this case, you have a wallet with 100+ mil unswapped coins in it.
And you have to trust the holder of this wallet, that he do not sell this coins in the future.
I trust the dev team, but if I were new and want to invest in a new coin (or a swapped one), then this would be a reason to not invest in it!

And the problem with the old block chain still exists, so if you keep the old chain running, that problem can come again and we want to get rid of it.

And another problem is the Mintpal and Cryptsy wallet with lots of coins in it. I think its very important to leave that bag behind us. So, after the swap is over, we can be sure that the scammers from this two exchanges are not dumping their coins sometime in the future.

But this are only my 2 cents Wink
Banger

hey banger,

we can all agree that coins from mintpal and cryptsy should be excluded. We all lost something in both those scam exchanges closing. Thats where a snapshot is so welcome....you get an idea if where every coin is now, and if they move before you exchange them you are disqualified...this keeps scammers out but still respects early investors that may not follow thread.

Dev team sends all exchanged coins to a burn address so those can't be manipulated in the future thus keeping new investors with that happy secure feeling.

I guess some people just dont realize the potential if crypto. Some of these coins will be multi billion dollar projects in the next 36 months.....not all of them, just the ones with good teams behind them.

crucial

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 09:25:46 AM

Hi guys,

I've been away for a couple of months with a very low online profile.
Just logged on to check on xwc and saw all the news about a coin swap.

Not sure what the best thing is for me to do at the moment???
Fire up my xwc let them stake then send to Bittrex ? Or is it all too late for that.

If someone could give me guidance on what is best plan of action for me I'd be grateful.
I haven't fully read through the posts so writing this in a slight panic.

Shocked
blitzkitten

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 09:55:20 AM

Hi guys,

Fire up my xwc let them stake then send to Bittrex ? Or is it all too late for that.

If someone could give me guidance on what is best plan of action for me I'd be grateful.

Shocked

Yeah too late for the Bittrex swap.

Just hang tight, info on the manual swap is coming out once the auto-Bittrex is done.

crucial

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 09:59:39 AM

Cheers Blitz,

Ok, I'll just be patient and wait for the dust to settle and then do the manual swap.

Regards

Crucial
Oizopower

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 10:13:32 AM

Hi guys,

Shocked

No reason for panic, you will have enough time for a manual swap.

Although i created a mailchimp list so i can notify users when more information is availible.
Please leave your details at: http://eepurl.com/cB87V9 and i will send out a e-mail once we have manual swap details. this might be easier if you are not monitoring this thread.

http://www.richlist.eu for all your cryptocoin distribution list
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 06:12:22 PM

Hi guys,

Shocked

No reason for panic, you will have enough time for a manual swap.

Although i created a mailchimp list so i can notify users when more information is availible.
Please leave your details at: http://eepurl.com/cB87V9 and i will send out a e-mail once we have manual swap details. this might be easier if you are not monitoring this thread.

any other tips about upcoming improvements. I guess you guys have something up your sleeves to pay for the coins swap?

dev0tion

Activity: 339

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 10:56:07 PM

You can download the new clients at the Whitecoin Github:
https://github.com/Whitecoin-org/Whitecoin/releases

Please make sure you do NOT use/import an OLD wallet.dat file into the new client. Private keys will NOT be accepted on the new network!
Don't send new Whitecoins to old addresses, they will be lost in limbo.

Details on the manual swap will be released by Oizopower once the auto-swap has been completed.
BiX0x4

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 04:42:31 AM

Please make sure you do NOT use/import an OLD wallet.dat file into the new client. Private keys will NOT be accepted on the new network!

Details on the manual swap will be released by Oizopower once the auto-swap has been completed.

The first wallet was released February 19, 2015.
After:
New Wallet release – V1.1.2.2 May 22, 2015
New Wallet release V1.1.2.3 September 1, 2016

But in those versions was nothing new and interesting. Just a copy of first wallet.

You wait for 2 years to make another copy of Blackcoin wallet ?)))  February 19, 2015- February 18, 2017

Awesome work!!! )))

Such interesting...Whitecoin and new wallet in black colors))

When you copy a source from Blackcoin it was hard to redesign it in Whitestyle ? Like in first XWC wallet. It was nice and had useful features - Update statistics.

May be some roadmap instead of copy past from BLK ?

Bittrex doesn't know ? Still Maintenance.
blitzkitten

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 06:59:18 AM

Nice one!! excellent news.

Thanks again dev0tion

My assumption is that the Bittrex wallet address will change too yeah?
blitzkitten

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 09:11:12 AM

One question for the moment.

Will this update stop the splitting of stakeable coins? Previously staked coins would split at each generation of stake, getting 2 stakes at half value. Any idea if the update rectifies this?
dev0tion

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 12:04:48 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2017, 12:31:08 PM by dev0tion

Nice one!! excellent news.

Thanks again dev0tion

My assumption is that the Bittrex wallet address will change too yeah?

Yes, Bittrex addresses will change as well. So don't send any Coins from the new wallets to old addresses!

Will this update stop the splitting of stakeable coins? Previously staked coins would split at each generation of stake, getting 2 stakes at half value. Any idea if the update rectifies this?

No, splitting inputs is the way PoS works.
I recommend consolidating your inputs every now and then (definitely before u reach 1000 inputs).

Some more info on PoS (this is actually for PoS v2, there's no whitepaper for PoS v3):
https://github.com/blockchain-university/databank/blob/master/docs/blackcoin-pos-protocol-v2-whitepaper.pdf

The first wallet was released February 19, 2015.
After:
New Wallet release – V1.1.2.2 May 22, 2015
New Wallet release V1.1.2.3 September 1, 2016

But in those versions was nothing new and interesting. Just a copy of first wallet.

You wait for 2 years to make another copy of Blackcoin wallet ?)))  February 19, 2015- February 18, 2017

Awesome work!!! )))

Such interesting...Whitecoin and new wallet in black colors))

When you copy a source from Blackcoin it was hard to redesign it in Whitestyle ? Like in first XWC wallet. It was nice and had useful features - Update statistics.

May be some roadmap instead of copy past from BLK ?

Bittrex doesn't know ? Still Maintenance.

It's no secret that we used the Blackcoin PoS v3 codebase. It's literally on our Github page that it was forked from Blackcoin. The codebase is used by a LOT of projects, as it is a pretty solid one.
White theme may come later, I've layed the groundwork for Oizopower to get started on that. Our main focus was to get a stable blockchain running because the old one was becoming very unstable.
What's important is what the Foundation decides to build on top of the new blockchain, not which codebase is used or what a few RGB values should be set to.

The swap on Bittrex is ongoing. Audit of our new code has been completed and the swap balance has been send over to Bittrex.
blitzkitten

View Profile
February 18, 2017, 05:48:50 PM

I recommend consolidating your inputs every now and then (definitely before u reach 1000 inputs).

Some more info on PoS (this is actually for PoS v2, there's no whitepaper for PoS v3):
https://github.com/blockchain-university/databank/blob/master/docs/blackcoin-pos-protocol-v2-whitepaper.pdf

Cool, thanks for the clarification.

I'm sure it will be much easier to manage now anyway as I won't be staking from small amounts of mined coins which were only a few XWC at a time.
dev0tion

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 12:03:16 AM

Cool, thanks for the clarification.

I'm sure it will be much easier to manage now anyway as I won't be staking from small amounts of mined coins which were only a few XWC at a time.

If after a while you notice you're getting a lot less stakes than you were in the beginning, just send your entire balance to yourself again.
This will consolidate inputs, after 120 blocks you will be staking like you were at start Smiley.
blitzkitten

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 12:06:38 AM

So,

Great Success!!

Coins moved from Bittrex back in to my wallet.

Looks like all is going just fine.

Well done lads
WhitecoinFoundation (OP)

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2017, 02:01:59 AM
Last edit: February 19, 2017, 11:57:49 AM by WhitecoinFoundation

Hello Guys,

We have succesfully auto-swapped the coins over at bittrex, so from now on you can send the coins FROM bittrex to your NEW wallet wich can be downloaded here: https://github.com/Whitecoin-org/Whitecoin/releases/tag/v2.0.0.0.
From now on in all my posts i will be calling the "old" wallet the Whitecoin Legacy wallet, so you all known where i'm referring to.

Please do NOT send the coins from the Legacy wallet to Bittrex or from Bittrex to your Legacy wallet, they will be lost in limbo and we cannot return it.

Why did we switch to PoSv3 and a complete new blockchain

To explain this i need to go back in time where it all begon, April 2014.
Since the first time i heard about Whitecoin i was as a Miner joining the IRC channel and feeled comfortable chatting in the channel, there was just such a nice community.
When we were about to kick into PoS phase the wallet was suddenly malfunctioning and the developer was nowhere to be found.

At that time Mogonzo and crew was stepping up to help us out and i was just talking to everybody with what i knew and help everybody where i can. That's how i got my spot at the team.
So the team took over the coin and let some developers create a patch for the current blockchain to get it all working.

After some time, more and more people wen't AWOL and i have never seen them again online. So suddenly my name got called out in chat and hear there was a problem and the community asked me to fix it. I made you guys on that day promise:
As long as there is an active community i will be here and help where i can. So after close to 3 years we are still doing this wonderfull job !

So back to the original title, We have been fixing the wallet for some time. But the original code base was outdated and many developers didn't wan't to work in old "Legacy" code anymore. And if they were willing it costed way to much money wich we didn't have.
The original Premine was stolen by the first dev that went missing as well.

The current chain is getting unstable because of the many old coins and less active staking wallets in PoSv1, so we needed to fix this all the time with Bittrex, and in order to stay on the exchange we needed to take steps quickly.
That's why there was such a short window on the automated swap.

Why did you made the decision and not community based

This was a really tough decision for me, We needed to act quickly and not take our time, this was mainly due to the exchanges and the problems with the forks we were having lately.
I announced it back in january but not on a very big scale, just in a small post, but if we made it a choice we would get 3 groups of people; the positives, the negatives and the trolls.
As we needed to act quickly it was not a great time to get the people getting mad at each other.

So this was a really tough decision, but i hope everybody can see the positive stuff that is about to come.

Ok, no auto swap for me, i missed that. How can i get the new coins

Well we are preparing a post for the manual swap, i hope that i can post them tomorrow and start swapping for you guys. Keep in mind this is a manual thing done by a real person (me) and can't be done 24/7
You can download the new windows wallet already and have a look at it.

Give me some details, what changed in the wallet

- The genesis block was 313 000 000 XWC to make sure we can swap all funds (see http://explorer.whitecoin.info). Unswapped coins after date x (TBA) will be burned.
- Block time target: 60 seconds
- PoS reward per block: 2 XWC
- Minimum Stake Confirmations and Coinbase Maturity: 120 blocks
- Txid: 175b92bba266751c2f5063957c88926e562f67843de9e7f3ae96abe09e93a1f4 has been send to bittrex for the auto-swap

So, what are we going to do now with the new wallet

Well first things first, after we do the manual swap we will be creating a new website to have all the information more central.
After that we will be adding the current projects to the new wallet.

• WhiteOS, more IoT based
  • Richlist
  • Paper wallet

After that we will be creating more, way more details will follow.

No premine, how did you do this ?

We did not have a pre-mine indeed, and so far over the 3 years this only costed me money.
But recently i was chatting with some community members about my limitations in the current wallet codebase and they seemed really intrested in my ideas.
That's why they invested, so i can continue development and make this coin great again. The only reason why we choose BlackCoin as a source is because PoSv3 is proven to be stable and many coins are based on there codebase.
We understand the wallet code and can continue development in it. The look and feel does not mather but will be changed more into the old look.

From this ground layer we can build our empire.

Best Regards,

Oizopower

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: