Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:43:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 81 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (XWC) | WhiteCoin | NEWS: Foundation, investors, WhiteOS ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 251180 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CryptoSEO

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 08:23:04 AM

well well would you look at that, bitcoin is going for ISO currency code compliancy.
now how about whitecoin Grin

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-foundation-standardise-bitcoin-symbol-code-next-year/
man its like the author read this topic :p

ISO compliant currency code:
this has to be done eventually, once financial institutions and business start using cryptocurrency (such as currency exchange rates published in news, banks, price tickers, airline/train tickets, etc), they are going to use ISO compliant codes whether you like it or not.

i'm reposting this from the old thread because i think it merits a further discussion:

voice you opinion on this issue as community members, its in your hands, no one is going to decide for you, if there's no interest it just stays as it is.

can we get a public voting on this going on whitecoin website? (not anonymous, and possibly requiring proof of owning whitecoins and have btctalk account that is at least 3 months old? to prevent fake votes)
with options and explanation about advantages of having ISO standards compliant currency code
this would be a good for inwallet voting with trusted user feature active Smiley

proposed codes:

1. XWT - ISO compliant
2. XWH - ISO compliant
3. XAL - ISO compliant (latin variant, could be a good choice because it would put whitecoin at the top of ISO compliant currency/exchange ticker lists Grin)
4. WTC - not ISO compliant, also has negative USA stigma (world trade center)
5. WC - not ISO compliant, also has a negative EU/ASIA stigma (water closet)

option 3. is another idea, seeing as GOLD has currency code as XAU (from latin "Aurum" for Gold)
latin for white is "Albus" so another alternative would be XAL Grin

i'd recommend to not hesitate and prolong this too much because there's a limit on currency code availability (seeing its "X + two letters" thats about 600 possible variations).

sources for reading about ISO currency code standards:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_4217
http://www.iso.org/iso/home/standards/currency_codes.htm

here's original post with some of the discussion:

someone pointed out IRL meaning of WC on casheer forums so i wonder what is the sentiment on updating acronym "WC" Smiley

perhaps could be voted and implemented at the same time as proposed "4. Reduce Confirmation Times"

candidate acronyms:
1. WTC
2. XWT (this would fit well with XBT Smiley)
3. XWH

(whc is already used by some other alt)

why x? "X" refers to ISO code for alternative currencies not controlled by any government.
like Gold is referred to as XAU, Silver (XAG), Palladium (XPD), Platinum (XPT)

ISO standards are set by the international standards organisation, and Bitcoin is already included as XBT (so this would be a good goal for WCF to work towards, establish some international standards recognition)

Hi there,

i do also think, the acronym should change - just because what does mean here in europe.

But Im sorry I dont like any of your candidates, here is why:

1. - WTC its rly like world trade center - not a good brand
2.,3. - I just dont like the X there - also i dont understand the T and H...I just think its not the good way to move on

but 4. - from the CoinMill they used WHC - http://coinmill.com/USD_WHC.html I like it much more.

Please write your opinions - WHC doesnt incline to toilet, it isnt someway screwedup like XWT, XWH or sth. I think the acronym needs this two letters W(hite) and C(oin)

TW0R
whc is already taken by another alt, so thats out.
wtc has north american stigma attached to it
wc has european stigma attached to it

about using X as first letter - following international standards should be taken under serious consideration, if one of the goals for whitecoin is to get someday used as digital currency.

you cannot just use any first letter, you should follow international standards as published by the International Organization for Standardization, which delineates currency designators, country codes (alpha and numeric) and this ISO code list is used in banking and business globally (including exchange rates published in news, banks, airline/train tickets, etc)

the first two letters of the currency code are the two letters of ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 country codes (which are also used as the basis for national top-level domains on the Internet) and the third is usually the initial of the currency itself - USD = USA Dollar, CNY = China Yuan etc
X currencies are used for "supranational" currencies, that is currencies not associated with any country, and X is used instead of two letter country code.
take for example Bitcoin (which you know as BTC): it has X ISO code assigned - which is XBT (cannot start with BT because BT is reserved country code for Bhutan and also Bitcoin is supranational currency therefore starts with X) and is already used - for example financial exchange rate news do not list Bitcoin in BTC but in XBT.

*Why not XWC ? non compliant?
* XAL (latin variant meaning?)
Therefore, my order would be:

1. XWC
2. XWT
3. XAL

Glad you keep this alive Smiley

WC - WU6UWL8mjj1TMjzzT7CnEL2GDcP1nUsLc3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 11:06:18 AM

Why not take the vowels out of White, so it would be WHT?
Just my 2 sat...
silverlots

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 12:58:12 PM

I think XAL is by far the sexiest sounding abbreviation.
And also the resemblance in name with XAU and XAG for gold and silver gives an easy market memorability for the experienced trader. I've been  trading  forex for little over 6 years now and XAL just makes sense to me.
Just my 0.2 WC/XAL worth Cheesy
surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 03:24:40 PM

And also the resemblance in name with XAU and XAG for gold and silver gives an easy market memorability for the experienced trader. I've been  trading  forex for little over 6 years now and XAL just makes sense to me.

i like it too Grin

also has alphabetical listing advantage over XWC/XWT/XWH - top of the list instead of the bottom

I like XAL too.  May need a group of volunteers to notify all crypto sites, which I don't see as a problem

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
Oizopower

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:00:57 PM

Any update about whiteos testing?

Public beta testing starts tomorrow.

http://www.richlist.eu for all your cryptocoin distribution list
Ownski

Activity: 180

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:53:00 PM

XAL? Really... you might as well name it any random combination of letters at that point. Try WIC, WHI, WCO, etc. Keep the main identifying factor in the abbreviation.

Money is the oldest magic trick in the book.
malbee

Activity: 237

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:09:20 PM

And also the resemblance in name with XAU and XAG for gold and silver gives an easy market memorability for the experienced trader. I've been  trading  forex for little over 6 years now and XAL just makes sense to me.

I don't think that any abbreviation that needs explaining...let alone a latin translation is going to work well in crypto.  Most people in crypto are not experienced traders...the last thing we want is someone looking for WC on a market and can't find it.  BitCoin or maybe Litecoin could get away with something like that, but not WhiteCoin. 

Nexby

Activity: 39

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:39:01 PM

Update on mintpal:
They do not answer on questions, send me my coins or make an announcement that they work on the problem.
So I ask some people on twitter who have the same problem to join me and make a complain to the police in London. They have a deadline till sunday after that I will go there with the user data from the other people, witch are to far away, and denounce Moohla Ldt. as a scam company.
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:54:33 AM

LOL mindfox scammed us?!

yolo
blitzkitten

Activity: 483
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:40:37 AM

On the name front i'd go for the XWC option.

Sticking with something we already have and just altering it to be compliant seems the simplest way to do things
blitzkitten

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:41:14 AM

3. Reduce Confirmation Times

WCF Technical team has reviewed how best to implement the proposed reduced confirmation times for staking, currently confirmation times for staking coins is at approx. 340 confirmations.  As many of the community has already voiced its opinion on reducing these times, the WCF will utilize the bounty collected at WUET4WgYwz4HLx54faKYyRWMNbfa6K5gjj with a balance of 367,196 WC, to modify the code so that staking coins will only require 30 confirmations.  What this will accomplish is speeding up our staking times making it over 10X faster than it is today!  The only “downfall” which doesn’t present much risk is that Whitecoin will require a fork which means that all exchanges, block explorers, partners and wallets will have a mandatory update.  Prior to any release, we would ensure that our partners (exchanges, Shair etc.) have all been coordinated for this fork, to minimize any down time for services that are dependent upon Whitecoin.

As we have a standing bounty value of 367,196 WC, therefore we are prepared to begin development (with payment to WC Development Team upon successful deployment of code into production), next week where we will be providing updates to the community as the development progresses through its various development stages.

Just wanting to raise this and make some clarifications.

My understanding of Reduced confirmations times was that we speed up the blockchain, increasing the number of blocks per minute the effect of doing this would decrease staking times but also have the added effect of decreasing all transaction confirmation times.

For example currently theres a block every 90 seconds, if this went down to 30 or 15 seconds we would make staking times 1/3 - 1/6 respectively and would also mean that any standard transaction would be confirmed in 2 - 1 minutes instead of the current 6 minute confirmation.

Is that what others expect from the Reduced confirmations project?

BUMP!
blitzkitten

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:41:34 AM

On another note, I think we need to re-address the coins cap.

When the coin was released there was to be a 330 Million coin cap, 300M to be distributed by mining and 30M to be distributed through staking.

I have currently sent a few feelers out to confirm that the coin still has there parameters.

The issue as far as I see it is that 30M coins distributed through staking only gives the coin a 5 year growth period (slightly less if all coins were staked and the interest was compounded)

I think we need to look at the coin having more like a 20 year growth period, keep the staking at 2% per annum but raise the ceiling to something closer to 420M

another BUMP
adoress

Activity: 227
Merit: 103

SINTEZ LLC

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 02:48:59 AM

Update on mintpal:
They do not answer on questions, send me my coins or make an announcement that they work on the problem.
So I ask some people on twitter who have the same problem to join me and make a complain to the police in London. They have a deadline till sunday after that I will go there with the user data from the other people, witch are to far away, and denounce Moohla Ldt. as a scam company.
Do you lose your coin ? I just withdraw all my coin

CRYPT by SINTEZ - Nextgen of WEB monetization - SINTEZ.IO
silverlots

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 06:57:55 AM

I don't think that any abbreviation that needs explaining...let alone a latin translation is going to work well in crypto.  Most people in crypto are not experienced traders...the last thing we want is someone looking for WC on a market and can't find it.  BitCoin or maybe Litecoin could get away with something like that, but not WhiteCoin. 

You have a valid point. And as i said.... makes sense to me Tongue . That doesn't mean that everyone has to agree. I'm open to whatever the name will be, and frankly i don't really give a flying butterfly about the name. I want the coin Cheesy i want its functions, i want it all baby !
Oizopower

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:57:54 PM

Internal Testing:Done
Private Testing:In Progress
Public Beta Release:10 October 2014
WhiteOS Official Release:      ~17 October 2014

Remember guys, tonight we are gonna lauch the public beta of WhiteOS !!

Oizopower

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:54:29 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 11:40:08 PM by Oizopower

..::[ Whitecoin: WhiteOS Public Beta ]::..

WhiteOS Release Schedule:

Public Beta Release:10 October 2014
WhiteOS Official Release:      ~17 October 2014

WhiteOS utilizes a custom, optimized and hardened Ubuntu environment based on the latest version 14.04LTS.  WhiteOS is a secure and portable operating system that anyone with a PC or laptop will be able to use. Because the OS and Wallet data files are stored on a USB, you effectively have true cold storage, and your coins will follow you wherever you go.

BUILT IN ANONYMITY - One of the most unique features of this secure environment is that the wallet and browsers are redirected through a TOR proxy to ensure anonymity and privacy (this runs locally by default). When you unplug your USB stick no trace is left on the host PC.

COMING VERY SOON – WhiteOS 64 BIT – Original plans for this OS included this version (x86) of WhiteOS.  But, due to high user demand, we are happy to announce that the 64bit version is in development and will be released as soon as completed.

A special thank to all the private beta-testers (some who wished to remain anonymous)!!!  We have fixed many bugs that I would not have found on my own system.

We are dedicated to make WhiteOS as feature rich and secure as possible.  Continued development on some really nice and unique features is under way and will be released in future versions.    

What happens after the release of WhiteOS, we have some really nice unique ideas that we are willing to implement in future versions of WhiteOS, so we continue to develop on WhiteOS as a good and secure and portable OS. Once the release of WhiteOS is succesfull more features will be added

Download:
WhiteOS_0.1.5_x86_live.iso 1.03 GB

If you like my work, consider buying me a beer Smiley @ WC: WPTThUxWVSnvrRivH4epkkGGX1JQvd74pf or BTC: 1EP1RWV8Wt4geJgQBpdoTho2UifaNpTWMy

Options to install:
  • On USB so it's portable (main idea and easiest)
  • Under windows (VMWare/Virtualbox (make sure to use PAE)/Hyper-V) (easy)
  • Dual-boot next to windows (advanced)

Caution:
IF YOU ARE INSTALLING WHITEOS ON TO YOUR MAIN PC, ENSURE YOU DO NOT OVERWRITE YOUR PRIMARY OS... IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THIS, THEN WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU FOLLOW THE USB OR VM INSTRUCTIONS TO ENSURE THAT YOUR MAIN OS REMAINS SAFE

How to prepare your USB Key and Boot to WhiteOS
  • Download Universal USB installer or Unetbootin
  • Get a USB stick (preferably 8GB, 4GB/2GB will do as minimum)
  • Set the following options (if the iso is not shown, type a "*" in the textfield when choosing image)
  • Once completed: Restart your PC and boot from USB (press one of the F keys (mostly F8 or F12)

How to install it on a Virtual Machine
  • Download VMWare Player (free)
  • (clickable)
  • Keep pressing next until it boots up
  • Choose to install WhiteOS, if you do Try WhiteOS your data won't be saved
  • Once completed: Restart your VM

Early video preview:

Heres some screenshots:

Disclaimer
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF CONTENT. WCF SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED, OR ALLEGED TO HAVE BEEN CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, BY THE INFORMATION OR IDEAS CONTAINED. YOUR PARTICIPATION IN WHITEOS IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM WCF OR THROUGH WCF SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE, BY YOUR USE OF WHITEOS, THAT YOUR USE OF WHITEOS IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.

Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:33:16 PM

When installing to USB stick, I select "Try Unlisted Linux OS" at step 1 to let it show up at step 2.

Oizopower

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:40:58 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 09:53:19 PM by Oizopower

When installing to USB stick, I select "Try Unlisted Linux OS" at step 1 to let it show up at step 2.

Thanks for sharing, i have only tested it with "ubuntu" selected. but it should be fine. Thanks for your catch.
edit: i see now, you cannot create a persistant drive that way: "step4" from my screen

Gizfreak
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:08:16 PM

Thanks for sharing, i have only tested it with "ubuntu" selected. but it should be fine. Thanks for your catch.
edit: i see now, you cannot create a persistant drive that way: "step4" from my screen
Ah you're right.
Oizopower

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:32:27 PM

Please RT: https://twitter.com/Oizopower/status/520679020078575616 and let people know.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 81 »
  Print  

Jump to: