Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:48:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: █▓▒░ GAIA Platform [Built in AppStore][POS 2.0][Android] ░▒▓█  (Read 208068 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
RagingBull (OP)

Activity: 814
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:04:17 PM

What about a Whitepaper? It's important for investors, any ETA to delivery for us?

I will discuss this with the rest of the development crew if a whitepaper is warranted.
The way we wanted to run this project is through the wallet literally. I will elaborate on this later.
So I will get back to you on this one more time.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 06:55:07 AM

700 sat is a little steep if the ICO sells out Undecided  I think you really should have some of the promised unique features ready by the time the ICO ends. Right now it's a little of a gamble for investors because you only need to provide a working wallet to meet success conditions. Having something like the appstore ready at launch would have been a lot more enticing. Anyway gonna keep an eye on this thread. Good luck!
RagingBull (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 08:50:04 AM

700 sat is a little steep if the ICO sells out Undecided  I think you really should have some of the promised unique features ready by the time the ICO ends. Right now it's a little of a gamble for investors because you only need to provide a working wallet to meet success conditions. Having something like the appstore ready at launch would have been a lot more enticing. Anyway gonna keep an eye on this thread. Good luck!

Assuming the ICO does sell out, that is not as steep as it looks, especially with what this project will do.
With that said, the wallet initial release with ICO ending would be unique by itself with what has been implemented already.
My experience with the markets so far tells me under hyping and over producing is a better route for an altcoin.
I will be straight and forward with you, I have watched many coin developments lately and the many problems they
are faced with is a result of not building faith, after all an alt currency is more about the faith people place on it.

I know a lot of devs would promote features like Anon, EM, wallet trading, escrow, mobile wallet, etc etc...
what we are doing here is different, we are eventually giving the user a choice:
Developer Jack is offering feature/app for x amount of GAIA coins on the appstore, user Joe can choose to install this feature/app
in his wallet by downloading the add-on and in the process send developer jack the x amount of coins as payment.
These apps/addons can be free or paid. Also the GAIA team would also make features/addons for free.
Another small example would be wallet skins, although we would make available a number of skins, a designer might
follow our API and make a nice wallet skin and offer it for a small GAIA fee on the appstore. This designer will have
a decentralized way of pushing his creation for some income, and if the wallet skin is not to your taste then you do not need
to install it.

The initial GAIA platform will be designed by us, however, with the API release any company/individual can create a parallel
platform for his users based on GAIA and sharing the GAIA coin blockchain. The eventual creation of separate platforms all sharing
the GAIA coin daemon as a payment service will create a great potential for growth.

The roll out of the app store would have to be in stages, as there is no way for us to have this fully tested without a large user base.
Are we promising a fully working appstore from day one? the answer is simply no, but we have part of the code done, and there is an
end user feedback/impression needed to have things completed the right way.

We are aware the blockchain and GUI are two totally different things, and there was web wallets done already.
However, with the web technologies we are introducing to the platform we are vastly expanding what can be done without
bloating the chain. I'll give another small example: A coin offers Classified ads implementation, with GAIA a dev can offer
a tweaked GAIA platform that will perform this with web technologies and able to handle billions of transactions with
robust light blockchain and with more control. There is a balance that is created between decentralized and centralized data.

The open source nature of the project will enable developers to work on creating a GAIA customized platform or app for financial
gain instead of the copy paste routine. The appstore will be an introduction to bigger and better things and is not the ultimate goal.
The best description I can give GAIA is a payment system to a Modular E-commerce platform.

English is not my mother language and making whitepapers full of la la land promises is not my style. Me and the other devs working
on GAIA are not here today, gone tomorrow. The only promise I will give you bluntly is we are working our ass on this and will continue to do so.

I've been to the mountaintop…I've seen the Promised Land, and if I do not get there with you, Chris "CryptoAsian" got my personal info.

Come join us in #gaiacoin on IRC freenode. We can answer some of your questions quicker if we are around.  As long as you post the question here
as well. We can use a few pumps to the topic  Wink

RagingBull (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 12:38:49 PM

- An updated demo wallet will be available later today.
SumthngsWrong

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 01:42:40 PM

- An updated demo wallet will be available later today.

Thanks- looking forward to it. Keep us informed.
AminerMiner

Activity: 591
Merit: 500

Why oh why Didnt i take the blue pill ?!?!

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 05:14:04 PM

hmmzz...

chipmadness

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2014, 11:38:18 PM

Hey guys! I wrote a nice review about this coin! Hope you all enjoy!

http://cryptothrone.com/gaiacoin/

CryptoThrone - http://cryptothrone.com - The Highest Rank in Crypto News! Visit us for the latest Bitcoin news, conference news, the newest and best alt-coins getting released, mining hardware news, mining theories, and everything else related to crypto-currency! Looking for a web developer? Let me design you a responsive, elegant, and modern site today!
RagingBull (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 12:01:50 AM

Hey guys! I wrote a nice review about this coin! Hope you all enjoy!

http://cryptothrone.com/gaiacoin/

Thanks Chip will add to OP.
RagingBull (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 12:06:37 AM

- New demo version is available now for public view

http://gaiaplatform.com/demo2/     user: gaiaplatform  pass: GAIAdemo   word GAIA is capital letters in password.

Please give us your feedback.

*sound mute button will be available in downloadable wallet.

constary

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 02:42:11 PM

how do you deal with the unsale coins?
kro55

Activity: 1568
Merit: 301

*STOP NOWHERE*

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 02:47:48 PM

Hi,
 From OP:
"At the end of ICO GAIA team will mine the amount of coins sold on Bittrex and set that amount as max coin."
Regards

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
AllCoinedUp

Activity: 201
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:12:20 PM

http://gaiaplatform.com/demo2/     user: gaiaplatform  pass: GAIAdemo   word GAIA is capital letters in password.

IS that the beeping sounds when you are clicking things? If so thats good as i found it annoying. The store link just go to the receiving transaction page.
It looks like a lot of work went into it so far tho. I am more interested then before, i will say that. Is there going to be a new demo that show a little more of the indepth features?

Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:04:45 PM

Hi,
 From OP:
"At the end of ICO GAIA team will mine the amount of coins sold on Bittrex and set that amount as max coin."
Regards
So the coin will be mined only at the end of the ICO, ok, how I can know that they don't have already mined 100M coin or less, btw a numer higher than they will sell, and they will not dump it upon us when the price will rise a bit after the ICO?

I know why your pray will never be answered!
Splatters
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:10:11 PM

When trading starts?
read the OP mate!
3 weeks ICO after the 6th october, date of the launch.
Then they'll keep coins in escrow for 7 days and after that they will deliver them.
So I guess the trading will start around the November 3rd

RagingBull (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:16:26 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2014, 08:29:03 PM by RagingBull

IS that the beeping sounds when you are clicking things? If so thats good as i found it annoying. The store link just go to the receiving transaction page.
It looks like a lot of work went into it so far tho. I am more interested then before, i will say that. Is there going to be a new demo that show a little more of the indepth features?

Like I said earlier the sound mute button will be added in the wallet release, also we have skins with sound and without, easily changed in settings..
By time the release is done we should have all the features supported by a traditional QT implemented and working.
when the chain is stable we will start release of the appstore and other features in stages. However, that is only a prelude to what GAIA is supposed to accomplish.
The Platform is Modular and can customized, which means with the API release any developer can create a Parallel platform example a web store using GAIA API and
distribute it to his user base. A developer will also be able to develop extensions and submit it to the appstore for listing, it could be free or paid. An end user of the platform
can decide whether to download that extension from his wallet. The appstore will act as googleplay for android users or applestore for IOS users. And when I say developer I
do not mean an altcoion developer, I do mean a wide range of developers that include web technology developers.
Features implemented now in coins are limited by the nature of the blockchain. Storing data on the blockchain can be taxing on it's size.
GAIA will attempt a balanced approach with decentralized and centralized data. Our development of the platform will come with the vision of creating an E-commerce
solution that utilizes the blockchain technology as a decentralized payment system for a centralized business. That said, with the implementation of the auction format
to the appstore, we will create extensions that will enable "Hard to Trace" Business models. Again the implementation of such features is not obligatory to the end user.

I have given examples earlier of what can be done using simple format, I will give one here that might clear things a bit, we have included a block explorer in the wallet,
you as end user decide that you trust a block explorer service done by a third party, that third party can submit the block explorer to gaia users for a fee of 10 GAIA.
You switch to the third party block explorer and pay them the 10 GAIA fee and that becomes your default explorer. This example does not mean we are going to charge you
for basic services it's only meant to explain how the platform can be customized.

Another Example would be this: John runs a shop that sells herbal remedies, John can customize the platform with his shop content and make it available for his user-base, or
purchase extensions on the appstore that will make it easier for him to do so. John can submit this shop to the GAIA listing and make it accessible to all GAIA platforms, or
keep it private for his group. These parallel platforms will share one thing in common the GAIA coin daemon and Gaia currency as payment service.

The creation of these E-commerce platforms based on the GAIA platform and in parallel will create an explosive opportunity for growth, and with the open source nature of
the project and the fact that a wide range of developers will be able to add to it, will make the GAIA development limitless and not dependent on the core developers alone.

RagingBull (OP)

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:27:15 PM

Hi,
 From OP:
Regards
So the coin will be mined only at the end of the ICO, ok, how I can know that they don't have already mined 100M coin or less, btw a numer higher than they will sell, and they will not dump it upon us when the price will rise a bit after the ICO?

Actually we mined 100 million coins more than 4 times already while testing. These coins however are test coins like the ones you see on the demo page wallet.
When ICO is done we will reset the chain and mine exactly the amount sold at bittrex and set that amount as max coin. That can be verified by Bittrex
easily or anyone with some blockchain knowledge. Even during my conversation with Richie I agreed we will buy the GAIA coins we will set for bounties with BTC
when trading commence rather than keeping part of the coins.  So in short, there will be nothing to worry about in terms of how much coins there will be at the end of ICO.
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:05:14 AM

watching

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
kro55

Activity: 1568
Merit: 301

*STOP NOWHERE*

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:36:07 AM

Demo access data reminder Smiley

We need some feedback so please leave it here.

New demo version is available now for public view
link: http://gaiaplatform.com/demo2/
user: gaiaplatform
pass: GAIAdemo

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
Splatters
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:17:55 PM

Hi,
 From OP:
Regards

Actually we mined 100 million coins more than 4 times already while testing. These coins however are test coins like the ones you see on the demo page wallet.
When ICO is done we will reset the chain and mine exactly the amount sold at bittrex and set that amount as max coin. That can be verified by Bittrex
easily or anyone with some blockchain knowledge. Even during my conversation with Richie I agreed we will buy the GAIA coins we will set for bounties with BTC
when trading commence rather than keeping part of the coins.  So in short, there will be nothing to worry about in terms of how much coins there will be at the end of ICO.

Thanks for the answer, I'll keep an eye on it, I'll see how things going on till the end of the ICO. 700sat could be a good price, if you don't sell too many coins. Let see!

RagingBull (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:00:36 PM

Hi,
 From OP:
Regards

when trading commence rather than keeping part of the coins.  So in short, there will be nothing to worry about in terms of how much coins there will be at the end of ICO.

Thanks for the answer, I'll keep an eye on it, I'll see how things going on till the end of the ICO. 700sat could be a good price, if you don't sell too many coins. Let see!

Yes 700 SATS is a great price no matter how many GAIA sell initially. We are taking this big.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: