Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:12:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: STOP BUYING MINING HARDWARE  (Read 6012 times)
cdog (OP)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:43:08 PM

Just stop it. People, this is madness. There nothing worth buying, and by buying a dream you allow these companies to give BTC a bad name.

If you arent paying the foundry to fabricate the wafers and putting chips on boards yourself, THERE IS NO PROFIT IN BITCOIN MINING.

Its just smoke and mirrors, please shut off that greedy lizard brain for one moment and think about how many companies sell items that are worth more than their purchase price outside of the bitcoin world just by plugging them into the wall/internet and hitting a button.

Thats right, zero. Its a great con, people want to believe in easy money, and theres a sucker born every minute. 

BUMP this if you have lost BTC/fiat trying to mine, or have a preorder which wont ever ROI if you ever even receive it. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AniceInovation
Donator

Activity: 446
Merit: 262

Interesting.

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:45:07 PM

Sticky please Smiley
Holysmoke

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:47:40 PM

TU and repped and bumped and thanked and whatever else one can do on a forum
CustomChickenDelivery

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

Tha Chickenator

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:54:18 PM

Understood- the current state of mining does not provide a satisfactory return.
But what happens IF btc spikes to 1200us? Then everyone who bought in will look like a genius.
And then the whole cycle will start up again.
NorTiaN

Activity: 97

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:56:51 PM

Just stop it. People, this is madness. There nothing worth buying, and by buying a dream you allow these companies to give BTC a bad name.

If you arent paying the foundry to fabricate the wafers and putting chips on boards yourself, THERE IS NO PROFIT IN BITCOIN MINING.

Its just smoke and mirrors, please shut off that greedy lizard brain for one moment and think about how many companies sell items that are worth more than their purchase price outside of the bitcoin world just by plugging them into the wall/internet and hitting a button.

Thats right, zero. Its a great con, people want to believe in easy money, and theres a sucker born every minute. 

BUMP this if you have lost BTC/fiat trying to mine, or have a preorder which wont ever ROI if you ever even receive it. 

^this!!!
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 11:04:16 PM

please shut off that greedy lizard brain for one moment

SHUT IT DOWN REPTILIAN BRAINS!   Cool

It really is all about greed, because if everyone did the math and homework, they'd see there's no shot in hell at mining for profit.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:06:50 PM

YES!!! Invest in tin foil hats. They will be far more investment worthy!!!

please shut off that greedy lizard brain for one moment

SHUT IT DOWN REPTILIAN BRAINS!   Cool

It really is all about greed, because if everyone did the math and homework, they'd see there's no shot in hell at mining for profit.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
ILoveLamp

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:10:33 PM

No.
Meech

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:05:49 AM

Spend 5k on preorder which ships in Dec. ( maybe ) and never roi or buy 13 btc now.... hmmm... remember math?
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:42:01 AM

I can name one; solar panels. You plug them in, hit a button and the power company uses their network connected meter to calculate how much they owe you. Eventually you'll ROI.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:43:18 AM

I made money mining, but it was shit  "OK" money and I'm not mining now.

#MiningSucks
edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 04:58:02 AM

But what happens IF btc spikes to 1200us? Then everyone who bought in will look like a genius.

Nope. No mining necessary.

If you believe BTC will spike to $1200, then buy it now at $376.76. No need to risk hardware purchases or electricity costs.

Hasn't the myth of mixing currency speculation (i.e. wishful thinking) and mining been so thoroughly debunked that it's beyond reasonable doubt?

Was I helpful?   BTC: 3G1Ubof5u8K9iJkM8We2f3amYZgGVdvpHr
Und3rd0g

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 05:00:55 AM

Nope. No mining necessary.

If you believe BTC will spike to $1200, then buy it now at $376.76. No need to risk hardware purchases or electricity costs.

Hasn't the myth of mixing currency speculation (i.e. wishful thinking) and mining been so thoroughly debunked that it's beyond reasonable doubt?

+++1 Home mining is dead.  Sorry folks.
Itsumo

Activity: 112

Play Rock Paper Scissor Lizard Spock

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 05:07:32 AM

I am not really into bitcoin mining but its nice to know this informations
elduderino

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

Using some expensive heaters

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 05:10:14 AM

Funny, I can't remember the thread, but I remember this being discussed earlier.

Bitcoin often gets accused of being a Ponzi scheme, which I don't believe is true.

However, Bitcoin mining is looking more and more like it all the time... Sad

Do the things you know you must do first, then worry about the stuff you're not sure about.
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:12:55 AM

People wont stop till the price hits around $100. Then shortly after diff will come crashing down. Then there will once again be a huge demand in hardware =O ... its a cycle that happens over and over.
Also people are stupid, you know like those who own apple products.. thats kinda like foolish mining hardware purchases(at a huge loss mind you) that the 'masses' are doing now.

The other thing people dont realize is that buying BTC directly rather than mining it... helps its market price go up.
Buying mining hardware then cashing out only fucking puts downwards pressure on the price, but like I said above....once it crosses a certain lower price point, its great for all miners because of the decreased diff that follows =)

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
notbatman
Legendary

Merit: 1038

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 06:40:20 AM

The price Bitcoin pays for securing its network and processing transactions is that of downward pressure.
lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:02:28 AM

Yes mining sucks sent me your miners I pay shipping

well stop buying hardward for some time will not be a bad idea always on NEW hardware.

But I think bitmain drove to this with the new S4 not so many buyers
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:53:10 AM

If people stop mining, bitcoin is dead. You should be thanking the miners for keeping the network running.
Are you trying to kill Bitcoin?

Unacceptable
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:28:02 AM

If people stop mining, bitcoin is dead. You should be thanking the miners for keeping the network running.
Are you trying to kill Bitcoin?

Uh,no it won't be dead...FAR from it,your forgetting our "corporate mining farms".They will endure & control the network,VERY soon  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: