Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:29:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SMBR] Sembro Token ITO (Bittrex)  (Read 98131 times)
r95222

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:39:44 PM

Here is an update where we stand. Please read and provide feedback. We do not want to rush into anything until a majority of the community approves so as to not further aggrevate any early buyers. 

1) If we place a buy wall now then people who picked up on the dump can easily lock in a large profit and will sell, so early buyers may not be able to exit their positions if they wish to do so.
2) We did not have Bittrex place the buy wall because we clearly asked for community input via email over a 24 hour period post-ITO and only received one email, which was for a refund, which we processed. 
3) If we placed the buy wall now, later buyers could exit their positions before early buyers have the opportunity and that defeats the purpose because the whole point of the wall was to help out early buyers. 

We are trying to reach the best solution across the board, but it is very hard with many completely different strategies posted on this thread.  We will work towards satisfying early buyers but we need them to communicate directly with us via email or DM on twitter. 

I am one of early investor, I want refund.
What data do you need?
https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-_SMBR   is closed.
I cant find the proof of purchase.

Dev, what data do you need? I want refund although I only bought a little .
techbytes
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054

Point. Click. Blockchain

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:41:36 PM

I'm with Rysii, noob or not.  Why even bother with buy walls or refund now.  It's too late for that.  Like you say, buy walls will get dump on from people who got in cheap.  People getting refund from ITO price will come back and buy in at half the price.  And the sad part is people will still come back and bitch and FUD after you cater to them.

Investors just need to feel confident you will deliver what you promise.  When they have that, price will be back at ITO without any buy walls.  Put together a nice road map and go from there.

Disclaimer:  I hold 24k smbr from ITO and bought another 85k at about 2800 satoshi.  

-tb-

infinitechaos

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:44:14 PM

Here is an update where we stand. Please read and provide feedback. We do not want to rush into anything until a majority of the community approves so as to not further aggrevate any early buyers.  

1) If we place a buy wall now then people who picked up on the dump can easily lock in a large profit and will sell, so early buyers may not be able to exit their positions if they wish to do so.
2) We did not have Bittrex place the buy wall because we clearly asked for community input via email over a 24 hour period post-ITO and only received one email, which was for a refund, which we processed.  
3) If we placed the buy wall now, later buyers could exit their positions before early buyers have the opportunity and that defeats the purpose because the whole point of the wall was to help out early buyers.  

We are trying to reach the best solution across the board, but it is very hard with many completely different strategies posted on this thread.  We will work towards satisfying early buyers but we need them to communicate directly with us via email or DM on twitter.  

Devs, I must give you major kudos for even bothering to respond to scam/shady/etc accusations.

I'm not sure if the Sembro team is new here, but let me give you guys a piece of advice. BCT is a cesspool of manipulation. Im not going to go into details, but I will say this is NOT the best place to take people seriously. My suggestions is to resume your campaign updates, etc, on twitter AND your very own forum. I can tell you from experiences that 95% of the FUD doesn't follow coins when they migrate to other forums.

I wouldn't advise you to completely abandon Bitcointalk, oh God no, dont do that. But at the very least, you need to create a NEW SELF-MODERATED thread.

As an investor, it is clear to me that you guys are very serious with your plans for the future of SMBR, and I know you guys have probably been uneasy getting T-Boned by the merciless BCTalk community. I just want to say that these are the vocal minority.

Finally, I want to leave of with this:

Keep the BTC funds. Forget the buy wall. As a SMBR investor, I took the risk of buying in ITO and invested in SMBR for the sake of investing in it and seeing the projects come into fruition. Not this 'quick coin-flip major profit' mindset these vocal minority are clearly all about. If you give in to these ridiculous suggestions, you will only be instilling this type of behavior for future ICO's/startups whose value may decrease upon launch. In the long-term, this buy-wall business post-ITO is no good. The coins have been distributed and investors who came in later are just begging for a buy wall to be set up. Most likely half of the people here demanding a buy wall are those who bought SMBR post-ITO.

You have done what you can, and let me tell you, no matter what you do at this point, you are going to get major flak for it.

Do the BEST thing for the community in the long-run and that is to USE those ITO funds for further development of your projects lined up for Sembro. Please do not give in to what has become of this thread post-launch. Again, I say all this as a SMBR investor & am sure that I have invested more in the ITO than 90% of the people complaining here.

Devs, keep the BTC and develop SMBR. FUDsters, let this be a lesson to you on what true investing means.

To the rest, I can tell you right now that in time, SMBR will go back to ITO prices and well surpass it. So keep calm.

Very old & common saying but it clearly applies here as it does to real world businesses, startups, other altcoins, and of course, Bitcoin -- "Rome wasn't built in a day"

+1

I was an early investor and one of those who commented on this thread about being unhappy with the ITO.

All I really wanted was for the ITO to be ended at the time it was advertised to end in this thread.

Now that that didn't happen, I am 100% with Rysii here.

Just use the BTC, develop your products and services, and the price will take care of itself.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
JTB800

Activity: 284

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:44:48 PM

I have reasons as to why I chose to post in here with a newly registered account. To put it simply, I have a history of 'post tracking' and I'll leave it at that. It doesn't matter and quite frankly, I respect and see where your doubts are coming from. But also, I dont really care. Believe what you will.

What I posted was merely a suggestion to the dev team. They may just completely ignore it. Whatever they decide to do, I know that there will be people who will complain regardless. On a side note, I'm all for community votes which was actually my initial suggestion. But with something like this post ITO buy-wall business, the votes will of course be biased by those who obviously just want to cancel out their investments without a loss. That's just not how investing works.

I completely agree (and I am no newbie). I invested in the ICO and invested more when I heard a buy wall was being contemplated. Still, the logistics are difficult, if not impossible. If you are serious developers then don't worry about the complainers. There is just no way to tell who is real and who is just trying their best to manipulate things.

There are two things that you can do. First, if you have a guy who knows what he is doing, then take some of your BTC and buy back some of your coins strategically. In other words, if there are opportunities to take the coin higher, go ahead and do it. At this moment in time it sure wouldn't take much to move it higher, but that can quickly change. If you believe in the coin then you will only be adding to your potential profits and it will satisfy the early investors who want out. But, and this is important, don't tell us when or how (or how much) you are going to be entering into some buybacks. That would just encourage short term traders. Say that you plan to buy back some coins, if and when the market dictates, and then move on to other topics. This will strengthen the coin, but would include no guarantees.

Secondly, whatever your first planned announcement was going to be -- go ahead and announce it, even if it isn't ready and you have to be somewhat vague. Get a sense of movement and momentum going.

After that, just go about your business plan as always. Just because things don't start off well, doesn't mean that is the end. Just take your lumps and move on.  
JTB800

Activity: 284

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:48:08 PM

What data do you need?
https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-_SMBR   is closed.

Why do you keep posting this? If you sent an email before the end of the ICO you already received your refund. If not, what are you even talking about?
r95222

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:49:16 PM

What data do you need?
https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-_SMBR   is closed.

Why do you keep posting this? If you sent an email before the end of the ICO you already received your refund. If not, what are you even talking about?

I still believe the only way to have a bright future is to place a big buy wall.
The bigger the better, most of the people will not sell when the buy wall is big enough, people will place new buy orders above the wall.
I would not sell if their is a big buy wall.

Like to personal solution you destroy the coin, people will not have any trust left for the future, atleast don't want to take the risk.

If you want to solve directly with ITO buyers, please contact me and I like my compensation, then Iam done with this project, cause people will dump way lower then current hopeless prices.

At last please make up your mind, take a decision! Each day you tell us to wait one more day, this is not helping to rebuild trust.

We're not telling to wait one more day. We gave a 24 hour window post-ITO to grant refunds, got one request. Now we are opening it up again. That's more than fair is it not?
JSpike

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:53:38 PM

I still believe the only way to have a bright future is to place a big buy wall.
The bigger the better, most of the people will not sell when the buy wall is big enough, people will place new buy orders above the wall.
I would not sell if their is a big buy wall.

Like to personal solution you destroy the coin, people will not have any trust left for the future, atleast don't want to take the risk.

If you want to solve directly with ITO buyers, please contact me and I like my compensation, then Iam done with this project, cause people will dump way lower then current hopeless prices.

At last please make up your mind, take a decision! Each day you tell us to wait one more day, this is not helping to rebuild trust.

We're not telling to wait one more day. We gave a 24 hour window post-ITO to grant refunds, got one request. Now we are opening it up again. That's more than fair is it not?

No it isn't because at that moment people had trust, trust is about gone. Cause it looks like you are afraid that a buy wall cost you money. I don't think that. I think that a good buy wall will not be eaten and will even raise the price a lot above the wall.
You have to rebuild trust, the only way to regain trust is to show BTC. For now people checking out and will not return.
Volume down to 3BTC (dumpers only) within no time you get delisted this way. Turn it all with a mayor buy wall.
Sembro Development (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:54:40 PM

I have reasons as to why I chose to post in here with a newly registered account. To put it simply, I have a history of 'post tracking' and I'll leave it at that. It doesn't matter and quite frankly, I respect and see where your doubts are coming from. But also, I dont really care. Believe what you will.

What I posted was merely a suggestion to the dev team. They may just completely ignore it. Whatever they decide to do, I know that there will be people who will complain regardless. On a side note, I'm all for community votes which was actually my initial suggestion. But with something like this post ITO buy-wall business, the votes will of course be biased by those who obviously just want to cancel out their investments without a loss. That's just not how investing works.

I completely agree (and I am no newbie). I invested in the ICO and invested more when I heard a buy wall was being contemplated. Still, the logistics are difficult, if not impossible. If you are serious developers then don't worry about the complainers. There is just no way to tell who is real and who is just trying their best to manipulate things.

There are two things that you can do. First, if you have a guy who knows what he is doing, then take some of your BTC and buy back some of your coins strategically. In other words, if there are opportunities to take the coin higher, go ahead and do it. At this moment in time it sure wouldn't take much to move it higher, but that can quickly change. If you believe in the coin then you will only be adding to your potential profits and it will satisfy the early investors who want out. But, and this is important, don't tell us when or how (or how much) you are going to be entering into some buybacks. That would just encourage short term traders. Say that you plan to buy back some coins, if and when the market dictates, and then move on to other topics. This will strengthen the coin, but would include no guarantees.

Secondly, whatever your first planned announcement was going to be -- go ahead and announce it, even if it isn't ready and you have to be somewhat vague. Get a sense of movement and momentum going.

After that, just go about your business plan as always. Just because things don't start off well, doesn't mean that is the end. Just take your lumps and move on.  

Exactly what we planned to do with adding profits to strengthen the coin.  Our big announcement is we are launching SembroTax in November, first company to create a small business accounting solution that not only caters to current bitcoin companies but facilitates mainstream adoption by providng the tools necessary for any business to easily accept bitcoin.  Our goal is to have it out to the media and launched within 2-3weeks. Most likely will be sooner!
caokun320

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:24:13 PM

where is the 100+ BTC in ITO?Huh??
scam dev!
caokun320

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:25:52 PM

buy you coin is a mistake!
Gladimor
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:37:23 PM

scam dev!

And that, SembroDevelopmentTeam, is why you should make a self-moderated thread. People that can't comprehend what they are buying post on this thread with no idea on what is going on.

Mining since 2014
Gladimor
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:42:52 PM

In my opinion, a significant buy wall wouldn't get dumped into- it would actually strengthen investor confidence due to the appearance of major buy support. I would expect to see more buy orders appear on top of the buy wall.

Obviously, don't put your buy wall at 4.2K sats. More like 1.5K sats, to prevent the price from going down even further. Considering the marketcap of all Sembro Tokens in existence is just under 40 BTC currently, I'd say only a 20 BTC buy wall at 1.5K sats would be more than enough, and I am fairly certain that barely anyone would sell into it. This would cease all outcries from upset investors in this thread, and introduce more investors into this coin, due to the very large buy support.

Mining since 2014
sofu
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085

Degenerate Crypto Gambler

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:43:15 PM

If dev put up a buywall the coin will be dead. Remember Syscoin. If dev is the biggest holder of his own coin, its like holding a premine. Nobody want to buy a coin with 50% premine or more.

J9901

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:47:28 PM

Well damn. I'll be the first to admit when I'm wrong. And this time I clearly was..as you can see from my posts in this thread. I really thought this was a scam. But the fact that the devs are actually still here and trying to discuss possible solutions with early investors clearly proves me wrong.

Still not going to buy any smbr though & i wouldn't recommend for anyone else to just yet. And im still going to remind you fools now turned bagholders about me warning you all in investing in an ICO expecting crazy profit. But at least its safe to say this is no scam.
Gladimor
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:48:59 PM

If dev put up a buywall the coin will be dead. Remember Syscoin. If dev is the biggest holder of his own coin, its like holding a premine. Nobody want to buy a coin with 50% premine or more.

You'll also have to put into consideration that no one will sell into a sizeable buy wall. A 20 BTC buy wall at 1.5K sats could cover over 50% of all coins in existence, and no investor in their right mind would sell into that buy wall. Instead, we would see increased buy support over 1.5K sats due to renewed confidence.

Mining since 2014
caokun320

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:08:20 PM

scam dev!

And that, SembroDevelopmentTeam, is why you should make a self-moderated thread. People that can't comprehend what they are buying post on this thread with no idea on what is going on.
the price now is low,but i have no btc to buy,and,i think people don't trust dev
blacktea286

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:18:53 PM

The original commitment is not fulfilled, who would believe that the future development of the author. Please don't treat people like an idiot.
Skatebird
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:25:39 PM

I seroulsy think devs had nice intentions on that one

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
JSpike

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 03:57:27 PM

Takes to long, new low comming, devs running soon with a lot of BTC.
TiberiuC

Activity: 311

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:36:48 PM

Devs decided to pump FuelCoin with the ITO funds...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: