Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 09:24:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to know what iGotSpots has been up to?  (Read 4350 times)
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:12:24 AM

I was buying up (and trading to acquire more) when it was pow with the 2014 cap, got to admitted was very disappointed with the change to pos in the way it did, changing the cap on a whim defeats the whole trustless system idea (something that is lost on so many coins/devs).

We had no choice. There was no blockchain security. If people liked the idea so much, they would have driven the price higher and mined for transaction fees. Community voted for 50% PoS

there was other options to still keep the promised cap.

I'm curious what those options were.  I mean with a coin that only has a couple thousand, it's never going to be used for much so there's no incentive for anyone to mine or stake for transaction fees.  So other than a high interest PoS, what other options are there that would keep the blockchain moving?  Firecoin for example has a "lot" more coins but has a real problem with that and has had to come up with some creative ways to encourage people to stake that coin.

Well for a start sticking to the original cap should have been a given.

Right, I understand that would be nice.  But what I don't understand is how that could be accomplished without a way to secure the network by people staking or mining in some way.  If there's no reward for those things, there would be no one willing to do that and therefore the network and thus the coin would be dead wouldn't it?  So I'm just asking you what those options were that would have kept the network going and with the same cap.

If you can't keep to one of the fundamental features of the trustless system then its a flawed concept from the start, and is a pure pos a secure network?
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 11:47:11 AM

I was buying up (and trading to acquire more) when it was pow with the 2014 cap, got to admitted was very disappointed with the change to pos in the way it did, changing the cap on a whim defeats the whole trustless system idea (something that is lost on so many coins/devs).

We had no choice. There was no blockchain security. If people liked the idea so much, they would have driven the price higher and mined for transaction fees. Community voted for 50% PoS

I'm curious what those options were.  I mean with a coin that only has a couple thousand, it's never going to be used for much so there's no incentive for anyone to mine or stake for transaction fees.  So other than a high interest PoS, what other options are there that would keep the blockchain moving?  Firecoin for example has a "lot" more coins but has a real problem with that and has had to come up with some creative ways to encourage people to stake that coin.

Right, I understand that would be nice.  But what I don't understand is how that could be accomplished without a way to secure the network by people staking or mining in some way.  If there's no reward for those things, there would be no one willing to do that and therefore the network and thus the coin would be dead wouldn't it?  So I'm just asking you what those options were that would have kept the network going and with the same cap.

If you can't keep to one of the fundamental features of the trustless system then its a flawed concept from the start, and is a pure pos a secure network?

Not sure what you're getting at.  No coin is completely trustless or secure. Oh maybe a couple could be considered that today, but that could easily change "tomorrow".  Anyway, I can see you're not actually going to answer the question so I won't bother with this anymore.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 12:04:18 PM

I'm curious what those options were.  I mean with a coin that only has a couple thousand, it's never going to be used for much so there's no incentive for anyone to mine or stake for transaction fees.  So other than a high interest PoS, what other options are there that would keep the blockchain moving?  Firecoin for example has a "lot" more coins but has a real problem with that and has had to come up with some creative ways to encourage people to stake that coin.

Right, I understand that would be nice.  But what I don't understand is how that could be accomplished without a way to secure the network by people staking or mining in some way.  If there's no reward for those things, there would be no one willing to do that and therefore the network and thus the coin would be dead wouldn't it?  So I'm just asking you what those options were that would have kept the network going and with the same cap.

Not sure what you're getting at.  No coin is completely trustless or secure. Oh maybe a couple could be considered that today, but that could easily change "tomorrow".  Anyway, I can see you're not actually going to answer the question so I won't bother with this anymore.

You're asking me what other options there are, my answer would have been to stay pow and 2014, you may think that's a dead end option, I equally think the option taken is that.

another option would have been a much lower rate of pos, and fee elimination to reduce inflation (though equally disagreeable imo),

anyway now people are left with trading a non inflationary crypto (ie btc) for an inflationary one....that's cap been changed on a whim thereby completely eliminating trust.

having said all that do I still hold...yes! have I increased my holdings since going pos...yes!

why? because the level of even the most basic understanding of economics or even basic math is so low on this forum one can profit from even the most moronic of cryptos Wink
mnl92

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 02:01:00 PM

What exchanges is this coin on?
iGotAIDS

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 02:25:46 PM

So TLDR: you have another scamcoin. A stake one too! How innovative. Mullick clone this one too?
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 02:51:37 PM

What exchanges is this coin on?

Bittrex and VaultEX. We were on a few other small ones, but lost them when we did the hard fork

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 02:59:40 PM

So TLDR: you have another scamcoin. A stake one too! How innovative. Mullick clone this one too?

No exchange representatives are involved with us

ILoveBigBlackCocks

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 04:09:09 PM

At 5% we are offering like 25% inflation yearly for 50% stake

Ok, please tell me I am not the only one that had a major DAFUQ? moment after reading this nonsense statement.
Phosphorous

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 05:47:36 PM

You still have to come up with ways to use the coin to bring true value. For instance, if I owed you $100 and offered you a $100 Amazon gift card as payment, you'd probably take it because it's utility is almost that of cash. However, if I offered you a $100 Radio Shack gift card, you would undoubtedly turn it down. I'm not even sure if you'd take $200 RS gift card because it's utility is so limited.

So, why is Bitcoin so valuable? Because it is like the Amazon gift card - almost as good as cash. The key is to make M coin or any new coin as useful as Bitcoin.
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 07:03:32 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2014, 07:39:22 PM by iGotSpots

At 5% we are offering like 25% inflation yearly for 50% stake

Ok, please tell me I am not the only one that had a major DAFUQ? moment after reading this nonsense statement.

If we have gone up 5% since switching to PoS, that gives us roughly a 25% increase over a year from inflation. Staking generates 50% yearly

This means our system is destroying roughly half of the coins generated by stake via transactions fees and other key factors. This allows us to offer an aggressive 50% yearly stake while only causing roughly 25% yearly infliation

If I say something you don't understand or that doesn't make sense, please feel free to ask. I have no problem clarifying anything I say so my statement's intentions are known to all parties

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 07:23:22 PM

I will be in #MMXIV on Freenode IRC for most of the day today if anyone wants to join us for some fun with the trivia bot (to earn coins, I do giveaways throughout the day based on score). I will also be available to answer questions in there for anything related to Maieuticoin

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 07:36:36 PM

This is an interesting coin for the high PoS niche (HYP, TEK, CAP, & HBN). Actually, it is the only ultra low coin count coin I am aware of with a decent level of PoS.

SYNC was going to get 100% PoS on 1k coins, but they've elected to have the imputed yearly stake rate decline 50% every month. In this way, it definitely rewards early holders/insiders moreso than this coin that pays 50% PoS unchanging.

Right now, I see a few good thins on M coin:

(1) 6 months of work and over 42 pages of posts from MMXIV dev / iGotSpots: shows activity that I have not seen before on such a low market cap coin

(2) Market cap is very low: compare this to say PHS, which has x100 the number of coins but is $80k-$60k market cap vs M's $25k-$30k market cap. PHS has had very little community or dev activity (that we can see; Palmdetroit says he is working on things however) for a while.

(3) Extremely thin order books: the free float on this coin is very low. M on Bittrex has 46.253 M for sale, or roughly 2% of the market. PHS on Cryptsy has 33.7k for sale, 1.5% of the market. However, buying out everything on M will raise the price temporarily to 10 BTC a coin, while the same buy out will only raise PHS to 32.8k sat. It takes 9.18 BTC to raise M to it's high level, but it takes 11.15 BTC to raise PHS's to its level.

I see at least parity with PHS as possible. Even say 0.5 BTC an M would make it's market cap only $300k, and I know of a lot of coins around that level that are not active at all. M could be a loaded spring or it could just chug along where it is now. Either scenario isn't that bad Smiley

Very accurate. Remember, we advertise 50% yearly stake. This will earn you 50% increased holdings a year if the coin stays at the current price. Using our past trends, we have nowhere to go but up, which we have been doing for several months now

You hold Maieuticoin to stake your .96% weekly interest. Any price increase is just icing on the profit cake

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 08:04:23 PM

You still have to come up with ways to use the coin to bring true value. For instance, if I owed you $100 and offered you a $100 Amazon gift card as payment, you'd probably take it because it's utility is almost that of cash. However, if I offered you a $100 Radio Shack gift card, you would undoubtedly turn it down. I'm not even sure if you'd take $200 RS gift card because it's utility is so limited.

So, why is Bitcoin so valuable? Because it is like the Amazon gift card - almost as good as cash. The key is to make M coin or any new coin as useful as Bitcoin.

I think there are two types of coins nowadays. The market you are describing has become extremely oversaturated. Everyone is competing for a piece of a very small pie. The second kind of coin is more Proof of Value and Storage of Wealth as a hedge against other more established (and volatile) networks. I believe we fill the latter role exceptionally well

Adoption and utility come after interest. Trying to do it in the reverse order will almost always end in futility

tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2014, 08:08:13 PM

what a load of horseshit.  this whole post if fake.  bye bye M
iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 08:20:44 PM

Awesome.  SPOTS, CPR, TIX are all roaring success stories and remain extremely relevant today.  How can this investment go south?  You would never steer me in the wrong direction!

33% of those have hit $8 million market cap. I would say your chances are better getting behind my newest project than someone with no experience in this field

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 08:39:44 PM

nice another clonecoin with no Future.

Next.

I have seen you do this in many threads. I used to act like you are now. A bit of advice...either don't be hostile towards other coins or use your normal username to do so. People don't appreciate their coins username being a douche

I don't mind the trolling and probably deserve it, but I'm giving you a solid piece of advice that it took me a year to learn

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 08:42:54 PM

Just for total transparency, the three people that have worked on Maieuticoin are iGotSpots, ThePeePs, and MrData (sorry if you didn't want people to know)

iGotSpots (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2014, 08:46:00 PM

nice another clonecoin with no Future.

Next.

I have seen you do this in many threads. I used to act like you are now. A bit of advice...either don't be hostile towards other coins or use your normal username to do so. People don't appreciate their coins username being a douche

I don't mind the trolling and probably deserve it, but I'm giving you a solid piece of advice that it took me a year to learn

You know the Coin stole my name right ? Its not the other way around.

I did not know that. Nevermind my last post  Smiley

MMXIV

Activity: 252
Merit: 120

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 12:21:46 AM

Why do I have a feeling everyone from last year is just waiting for someone else to say something first...?

I'll be posting on both of these names so I have control of both threads and private messages. Contacting me in IRC or on iGotSpots on the forums will always be the fastest

koby

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 12:24:39 AM

How much money can I make here in $$$? future price prediction per coin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: