Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:12:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 142 »
  Print  
Author Topic: why do people agree to pay taxes?  (Read 50966 times)
ScreamnShout

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 04:35:54 AM

A lot of people here find taxes tyrannical. But who will commit to not using the services they pay for? That would strengthen the case for not paying. I can respect that. If you are using all the benefits of taxation but not paying, then you are just sticking your bills to another person who will have to make up for you. I can't respect that. 

I don't mind paying my share, but I want the government to go after dead beats if it means I will have to pay for them. 

The problem isn't all services and all taxes.  The problem is the cruise missiles that cost $1 million each, and all the other military hardware that only makes us less safe.  Our enemy has become a body of ideas, and by waging a war of force, we are creating more orphans, who are the most vulnerable to radicalization.
I'm with you on that bro! For me there is a difference between the idea of taxation and how it is spent.

now imagine if there was no taxation and you could control 100% what you are funding when you give the government money.
and if they abuse your money you don't give it to them anymore.
what a world that would be, where the government is held 100% accountable to the people who finance it.
This would not work. We would encounter a tragedy of the commons and no one would pay any taxes but everyone would expect to receive the services that the government provides
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
twiifm

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 07:10:21 AM

A lot of people here find taxes tyrannical. But who will commit to not using the services they pay for? That would strengthen the case for not paying. I can respect that. If you are using all the benefits of taxation but not paying, then you are just sticking your bills to another person who will have to make up for you. I can't respect that. 

I don't mind paying my share, but I want the government to go after dead beats if it means I will have to pay for them. 

The problem isn't all services and all taxes.  The problem is the cruise missiles that cost $1 million each, and all the other military hardware that only makes us less safe.  Our enemy has become a body of ideas, and by waging a war of force, we are creating more orphans, who are the most vulnerable to radicalization.
I'm with you on that bro! For me there is a difference between the idea of taxation and how it is spent.

now imagine if there was no taxation and you could control 100% what you are funding when you give the government money.
what a world that would be, where the government is held 100% accountable to the people who finance it.
This would not work. We would encounter a tragedy of the commons and no one would pay any taxes but everyone would expect to receive the services that the government provides

Its also a terrible idea because it'll be almost impossible to execute.  Besides you vote for your representative candidate.  If your guy loses too bad.  That's the system
SSSSwinner

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 08:27:56 AM

There are plenty of sane & wealthy people willing to assemble. PM me for more info. I am organizing something big Smiley
kutaka

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 08:39:09 AM

I bet the people belly aching about taxes are the people that barely pay any taxes. 
I bet you are 13 years old.
evok3d

Activity: 534
Merit: 250

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 12:43:40 PM

why is it ok for a group of people calling themselves the government to force everyone to buy their services?
if enough armed people refused to pay and told the government to go fuck itself there is nothing they could do.

The same reason they think fluoride is good for their teeth, the government "would never hurt them", the FBI is a legal organization, the politicians are there to support the people.....which are all false btw (just incase!)

People need to start thinking about what they are doing a bit more. Unfortunately it is less common to see this these days due to the mass power the media/education system has.

M E   D I   A
P  R -    ▄▄███████▄▄   
  ▄██████▀██████▄ 
 ███████   ███████
▐██████     ██████▌
██████▌     ▐██████
▐██████     ██████▌
 ▀██████▄ ▄██████▀
   ▀███████████▀  
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     
- T  O  C - O - L
MEDIA Protocol in Action
              ▄▄██████▄▄
            ▄████████████▄
           █████▌ ▀▀███████
   ▄████▄▄██████     ▀█████▌
 ▄███▀ ▀████████      ▐█████
▐███▌   ▐████████      ████▌
▐███    ██████████▄▄  ▐████
 ▀███▄▄████▀▀████████████▀
   ▀▀███▀▀     ▀▀████▀▀
   ▄▄▄████████████████▄▄▄    
 ████████████████████████▄  
▐███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▌ 
████████████▀▀▀        █████ 
█████████▀             █████ 
███████              ▐█████ 
█████▀               ██████ 
███▌              ▄██████ 
█████             ▄█████████ 
████▌          ▄▄██████████ 
▐████▄▄▄▄██████████████████▌ 
 ▀███████████████████████▀  
   ▀▀███████████████████▀    
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:27:59 PM

The same reason they think fluoride is good for their teeth, the government "would never hurt them" ...

~Your Beneficent Reptilian Overlords.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 06:33:41 PM

The same reason they think fluoride is good for their teeth, the government "would never hurt them" ...

Yes. They will tell you it is essential for proper growth of bone and teeth. What a load of government crap. There are no bones in our bodies.  Roll Eyes pfft.

Now as for paying taxes for the services we want. I would like 100% of my taxes to go to abortion clinics.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Robert Paulson (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 08:34:56 PM

no one expects to get free shoes or cars or houses why would people expect to get a free service?
people today buy a bunch of insurance policies they don't even need and you want to tell me they won't spend anything on things like national defense?
if anything they'll spend more than they can afford to.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 01:34:21 AM

I wonder how someone would get a job doing this? Is there some sort of paid troll agency? It would be interesting to see what sort of businesses or people they actually trolled and if they did any actual damage. Could be some lawsuits in this if your business or reputation has been tarnished or even ruined.

File your W-4 with your employer, non-assupsit on the first line, and n-a on the rest of the lines. Then write "exempt" and/or "excepted" on the bottom (proper) line. If you file a tax form, do the same on all the lines of the form.

When the IRS penalizes you for frivolous filings, and instructs your employer to withhold an amount for the penalty, instruct your employer to stop stealing your money. If he won't, sue the human being who is authorizing the withholding from your check, both the IRS human being, and the employer's CFO.

Don't sue the positions or offices. Sue the human beings. Don't sue for outrageous amounts. Sue for several times what has been withheld, plus court costs. Give them reasonable notice so that they have time to restore your property.

See how to do it here http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5duR4OvEHHxOSdEZhANETw and here http://www.youtube.com/user/765736/videos?view=0&live_view=500&flow=grid&sort=da and here http://www.myprivateaudio.com/Karl-Lentz.html .

Smiley
Wrong question. Question should be, "What can some governments do that others cannot do?" Why? Because everyone is a government for and to himself/herself.

Consider. If you were marooned alone on a deserted island, and the island had plenty of food and fresh water, who would be your government? Wouldn't it be you? It would be your governing of yourself that would cause you to go out and find the food and water. It would be your governing of yourself that tested ways to build shelter, and then use the methods that worked.

All government is a state of mind. When the government is complex - several people working with the same government - usually the government consists of writing down the rules of government. This is because people forget. People change their minds. Written government maintains a reasonable stable state of mind among the people of the government.

In the United Kingdom, government is based first in the common law of the people. It goes all the way back to the Magna Carta, and certain maxims of law. These have stood strong for hundreds of years, and are strong today for use by the people. The only reason formal government people can get away with harming regular, common people is, the common people have forgotten the common law and Queen's Bench... which are there, but are simply seldom used.

Canada, other countries that have received their independence from Brittain, and the British protectorates, contain this common law. Some of these have restated the common law of the people in their constitutions in such ways that they still use Queen's Bench, but where there is a direct reaffirmation of the basic common laws - Magna Carta essence, and maxims.

In the United States, Queen's Bench was completely dropped. The common law of the people is assumed and presumed in the way that the government was set up. Every person who was born within the borders of the Untied States of America or one of its territories, has the right to use the common law of the people. However, few people use it as such.

In order to take away the power of the people, the U.S. government has adopted what they call common law into their statute law. Don't be deceived. This is not the common law of the people. Rather, it is simply case law, designed to be used with 14th Amendment citizens, which thing the People are not. Even the juries of the land are not common law of the people juries. Why not? They are made up (except under rare occasions) of 14th Amendment citizens.

In America, you are allowed a jury of your peers when you are accused. If you are not a citizen, but rather one of the people domiciled on the land, try finding a jury that is not made up of people who say that they are citizens. These days it is virtually impossible. Since you are guaranteed a jury of your peers, case dismissed because they can't find anyone who will admit to not being a citizen, yet is domiciled here (in the States) at the same time.

http://1215.org/

http://www.broadmind.org/

http://www.unkommonlaw.co.uk/

http://www.myprivateaudio.com/Karl-Lentz.html

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 02:15:50 AM

Taxing to pay for public services is a negative sum game.

Snipe85

Activity: 756

Infleum

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 06:32:53 AM

I don't agree, but they are taking it anyway Sad

bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 05:01:45 AM

It's the only way to give something to the community in which you live in. So why shouldn't you?

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 05:52:40 AM

It's the only way to give something to the community in which you live in. So why shouldn't you?

Because it isn't the only way.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
BentleyBirch

Activity: 23

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 07:25:59 AM

i'm not agree/ but i can under those people who agree to it, just not like anonymous
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 07:29:13 AM

Conspiracy theorist starter kit.
teukon
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 09:42:56 AM

What about charity?
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 09:52:20 AM

What about charity?

Taxes should be raised to the point where nobody can afford to contribute a single cent or second of time to charity.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:40:33 PM

Conspiracy theorist starter kit.

Re. your Starter Kit:
The product has been found to contain cheap ersatz aluminum foil, not the scientifically tested and approved genuine tin foil.
Only genuine tin foil is certified to withstand the full spectrum of known mind-control radiation.

jeffersonian2012

Activity: 30

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 07:05:56 PM

I don't think people like paying taxes, especially the income tax, but we are forced to do it. People's laziness or fear outweighs their dislike of paying taxes too. They don't want to fight against the state because of fear for what the state might do to them. The most disgusting thing to me is getting my paycheck and seeing how much money I've been robbed of from the government claiming to do good.
bl4kjaguar

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2014, 09:13:39 PM

Former IRS Head Steve Miller Admits Income Taxes are Voluntary
http://www.c-span.org/video/?c4455340/former-irs-head-steve-miller-admits-income-taxes-voluntary
Former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid Admits Income Taxes are Voluntary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7mRSI8yWwg

Of course, it all depends on where you get your information.

Take a look at what Snopes.com says about this:
http://www.snopes.com/business/taxes/voluntary.asp

This topic is overflowing with disinformation.

1CuUwTT21yZmZvNmmYYhsiVocczmAomSVa
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 142 »
  Print  

Jump to: