Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:06:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Opting out of Social Security  (Read 7304 times)
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 07:49:45 PM

Not to mention that sedm.org lists various court cases as "proof" of their nonsense when in fact they're anything but if you bother to read the actual rulings......... and they also list biblical references as if these count for anything in a secular court.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 07, 2012, 08:36:57 PM

Can someone point to the law that REQUIRES me to have a SSN?

I'm grumpy!!
mystery2048

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:13:46 AM

This sounds like an aweful idea...

Important: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=92424.0;all

Donations: 1HWMQv2VYviAgpy6NWNvVg9JhKm4zcMGS5
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 09:13:02 AM

I've known my SSN for longer than I can remember, probably before I even became a teenager. How do you force the government to rescind your number (whether you've paid nothing into SS, very little because you've mostly been unemployed, or lots) without forfeiting U.S. citizenship? And if you want to have a "legit" job or do anything else where SSN/TIN is asked of you, how do you respond? There's nothing more I'd like to do right now than say "I don't have that number and you can't make me get one."

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 09:30:05 AM

4.The Queen (how else does the Royal family get funded? Via our taxes of course)
The Queen baffles me.  One of the richest people in the world and she gets both an old age pension and a massive public subvention.

Actually at the start of her reign she agreed to surrender income from her hereditary titles to the Treasury in return for a stipend and coverage of HoS duties.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finances_of_the_British_Royal_Family
Until 1760 the monarch met all official expenses from hereditary revenues, which included the profits of the Crown Estate (the royal property portfolio). King George III agreed to surrender the hereditary revenues of the Crown in return for the Civil List, and this arrangement persists. The Crown Estate is one of the largest property owners in the United Kingdom, with holdings of £7.3 billion in 2011.[5] It is held in trust, and cannot be sold or owned by the Sovereign in a private capacity.[6] In modern times, the profits surrendered from the Crown Estate have exceeded the Civil List and Grants-in-Aid.[2] For example, the Crown Estate produced £200 million for the Treasury in the financial year 2007–8, whereas reported parliamentary funding for the monarch was £40 million during the same period.[7]

So at least in recent years, she's been subsidizing the lives of UK citizens when she didn't have to. No wonder you have free healthcare with leadership like that.
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 10:34:24 AM

...snip...

So at least in recent years, she's been subsidizing the lives of UK citizens when she didn't have to. No wonder you have free healthcare with leadership like that.

We do not have free health care.  We use the taxation system to collect the cost of it - its still paid for.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 01:49:57 PM

I've known my SSN for longer than I can remember, probably before I even became a teenager. How do you force the government to rescind your number (whether you've paid nothing into SS, very little because you've mostly been unemployed, or lots) without forfeiting U.S. citizenship? And if you want to have a "legit" job or do anything else where SSN/TIN is asked of you, how do you respond? There's nothing more I'd like to do right now than say "I don't have that number and you can't make me get one."

I don't know, that's almost exactly what I said at my last job when they asked for one. I had to stop working there but they still got me a last check.

There's no point in rescinding the number - its attached to a juristic entity that the government owns as well - the ALL CAPS version of your name. You can't ask them to change THEIR record keeping system.

What you can do is take ownership of the juristic entity that is your ALL CAPS name and then just stop using a SSN since it doesn't apply to you anyway.

It'll be a LOT harder to get a job, because most employers are rightfully intimidated of being shut down. But you'll be off the grid.

I'm grumpy!!
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 03:15:18 PM

I don't know, that's almost exactly what I said at my last job when they asked for one. I had to stop working there but they still got me a last check.

There's no point in rescinding the number - its attached to a juristic entity that the government owns as well - the ALL CAPS version of your name. You can't ask them to change THEIR record keeping system.

What you can do is take ownership of the juristic entity that is your ALL CAPS name and then just stop using a SSN since it doesn't apply to you anyway.

It'll be a LOT harder to get a job, because most employers are rightfully intimidated of being shut down. But you'll be off the grid.

This is again total nonsense.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Freeman_on_the_land
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 04:32:42 PM

I'm not sure what you're referring to as "nonsense", but if you are talking about the ALL CAPS name thing, you're 100% wrong. I have a common law copyright to my strawman that was published in the paper and they absolutely recognized that fact in court. To this day, I haven't paid any penalties nor served any time for 3 different tickets. The cops know where I am and haven't done anything.

I'm grumpy!!
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 07:39:14 PM

Not to mention that sedm.org lists various court cases as "proof" of their nonsense when in fact they're anything but if you bother to read the actual rulings......... and they also list biblical references as if these count for anything in a secular court.

All of our "secular" laws have a origin in religious texts and practices not to mention the government of the US specifically enshrines the right to freely practice your religion. Some religions, like the Amish for example have been known to file for exemption due to it infringing on their ability to practice their faith. Because of the religious nature of the exemption policy of course they are going to be referencing religious texts BECAUSE THAT IS THE INTENDED AUDIENCE FOR THE EXEMPTION.

There is nothing stopping you from "joining" a religion and claiming an exemption. As far as employment, you are legally entitled to set up a "placeholder" tax ID number with your employer and the Social Security Administration. It has all the functions of a SSN you are used to, but once you have filed the correct paperwork it no longer serves the same legal function, but is enough to stop employers from wondering if you are a tax evader or felon on the run.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 07:54:58 PM

If you have to fill out a W-2 its a shitty job to begin with, regardless of what they're paying you.

I get usually get contracted and never need to supply a SSN in the first place. Then the IRS has to prove that you have taxable income. Not very easy when they don't even know what you made in the first place. They don't have the manpower to spy on me 24/7.

I'm grumpy!!
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 07:56:18 PM

If you have to fill out a W-2 its a shitty job to begin with, regardless of what they're paying you.

I get usually get contracted and never need to supply a SSN in the first place. Then the IRS has to prove that you have taxable income. Not very easy when they don't even know what you made in the first place. They don't have the manpower to spy on me 24/7.

Will you be entitled to claim social security when you reach age 70?
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:03:10 PM

I'm not sure what you're referring to as "nonsense", but if you are talking about the ALL CAPS name thing, you're 100% wrong. I have a common law copyright to my strawman that was published in the paper and they absolutely recognized that fact in court. To this day, I haven't paid any penalties nor served any time for 3 different tickets. The cops know where I am and haven't done anything.

Citation needed - i.e an actual copy of the court's opinion wherein they state that your ALL CAPS name is somehow a separate legal entity from you.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:05:24 PM

Of course not. Why would I want it? I don't take money from scumbags that they themselves robbed from others.

I'm grumpy!!
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:12:15 PM

Of course not. Why would I want it? I don't take money from scumbags that they themselves robbed from others.

Hmm. Can you provide a source for that? I have never heard of an American who is not entitled to SS at 70 but I have to admit that its not something I ever looked into.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:18:29 PM

Hmm. Can you provide a source for that? I have never heard of an American who is not entitled to SS at 70 but I have to admit that its not something I ever looked into.

I don't know or care what the legal masonic bullshit says. I'm not entitled to money from a program that I didn't support. I don't contract with the government AT ALL, so how could I pick it up?

I'm grumpy!!
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:22:39 PM

I don't know or care what the legal masonic bullshit says. I'm not entitled to money from a program that I didn't support. I don't contract with the government AT ALL, so how could I pick it up?

Please provide a source.  I though any deadbeat could claim social security.  Even people who have been in jail all their lives. 
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:25:51 PM

Please provide a source.  I though any deadbeat could claim social security.  Even people who have been in jail all their lives. 

Are you demanding I provide a source for something YOU'RE claiming?!? Scroll up, dum dum, I never said I knew one way or the other who could get SSN, but I'm pretty sure you at least have to have gov't ID, which I don't.

I'm grumpy!!
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2012, 08:30:16 PM

....I think you broke him.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2012, 08:30:58 PM

http://www.ask.com/answers/62035321/do-i-qualify-for-social-security-benefits-as-a-paroled-ex-felon

It appears that all you need to do is ask.

So right now you are not paying a penny.  But later, you get the benefit.  

Free-loader much?

Please provide a source.  I though any deadbeat could claim social security.  Even people who have been in jail all their lives.  

Are you demanding I provide a source for something YOU'RE claiming?!? Scroll up, dum dum, I never said I knew one way or the other who could get SSN, but I'm pretty sure you at least have to have gov't ID, which I don't.

You only said "entitled" to which I said "of course not". If you had said "legally entitled", I would have said what I said 3 quotes up. I know, you're confused.

I'm grumpy!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: