Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:17:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spark | X11 | BTer/Bittrex/C-CEX | PoW/PoS | Exchanges | Roadmap |  (Read 108562 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Coinler

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:49:57 AM

cutting pow has never resulted in any good for any coin. it messes up investment strategy for major players and the coin ends up dumped and abandoned regardless of technological enhancements. its a 10 day pow. let it run out. ppl dont like when you change the original plan under them. it counts as manual manipulation which is not very acceptable in crypto.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
edschroedinger

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:43:22 AM

Yes, just go PoS. Screw the pools. Screw the miners.  We have a Fork! We just need Stake!

oh dear... please don't fork the stake as well Shocked

P.S. Ed, yes the cat could be alive or dead at any given time but if I just choose to leave that f*cker in the box and never let it out  I can be certain of the outcome and therefore controlling possibility.  muwahahaha
now, of course you could ...but that would extend the subject beyond the given reference frame thus determining the cats quantum state to collapse anyway. and, ok.. that cat, well... the whole story sort of went wild with time. yet I cannot understand why people are still so obsessed about my cat. there have been topics like the quantum harmonic oscilator beeing way more curious and dazzling than that cat. in fact this coherent state of superposition describing linear state like combinations of positions in atomic systems won't even remotely apply to macroscopic objects like fluffy... dah, forget about that mumbo jumbo.
... ok, now about that cat... however, I've got a good OR a bad message...   | (^.^)  > = 1/√2 | Cheesy  > +  1/√2 |  Cry  >

pondering about that, meseems that in some uncanny way this exactly describe the state, the spark-chain beyond 10043 holds right now

AreThereAnyFundamentalThingsThatWouldFit50chr?NOPE
TiberiuC

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:54:37 AM

Dev is long gone...
Coinler

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:18:31 PM

from what im seeing that chain is totally invalid. it is stuck on block 10935 and not moving with miners on hashot pool. it means that chain is dead and worthless. nova etc are on the healthy chain. its about time the dev gets his ass out of bed and makes a reply about this however and get it fixed.

edit: ok just notice it's moved up over block 11000

meh i think the coin is done. dev wont show to fix an issue as simple as a fork. casting in my chips elsewhere. glad i pulled all buy orders just moments before this crap happened.
sempyper

Activity: 269

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:26:07 PM

dev was just in IRC earlier - he is working hard with exchanges to fix it. lets not all jump to conclusions
edschroedinger

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:39:00 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 02:03:44 PM by edschroedinger

dev was just in IRC earlier - he is working hard with exchanges to fix it. lets not all jump to conclusions

thanks for the heads up m8 !

...dont wanna be in their shoes atm. by all means no fun thing to do on a monday mornin...

btw.
my wallet runs fine for 3 days straight without beeing offline and nicely moves along with the chain that's locked with suprnova, ipo and suchpool ('til the moment they put the pool on halt). internal block explorer & stats reflect their state as well and transactions also worked ('til lock on such'n'ipo) and still work on nova... at least this part of the network seems to continue without orphs (above normal) atm...
considering pool vs. net hashpower most of the miningpower now should concentrate on suprnova... however, we'll see what happens in maybe little more than half a day when the last POW block is due... howsoever, I'd bet my ass on to wathever the bittrex wallet will be syncing eventually, this will be the chain to cope with.

Coinler

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:20:45 PM

...dont wanna be in their shoes atm. by all means no fun thing to do on a monday mornin...

btw.
my wallet runs fine for 3 days straight without beeing offline and nicely moves along with the chain that's locked with suprnova, ipo and suchpool ('til the moment they put the pool on halt). internal block explorer & stats reflect their state as well and transactions also worked ('til lock on such'n'ipo) and still work on nova... at least this part of the network seems to continue without orphs (above normal) atm...
considering pool vs. net hashpower most of the miningpower now should concentrate on suprnova... however, we'll see what happens in maybe little more than half a day when the last POW block is due... howsoever, I'd bet my ass on to wathever the bittrex wallet will be syncing eventually, this will be the chain to cope with.

i doubt the dev is spending time trying to fix a corrupted chain. the silence suggests the dev isnt even working with the exchanges and they too are waiting for him. after this long in crypto it suggests he's abandoned the project. a fork doesnt take 3 days to fix.
merk475

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:22:39 PM

btw.

i doubt the dev is spending time trying to fix a corrupted chain. the silence suggests the dev isnt even working with the exchanges and they too are waiting for him. after this long in crypto it suggests he's abandoned the project. a fork doesnt take 3 days to fix.

At this point I'd probably agree, and anyone that has invested in SPARK is pretty much screwed.  Unless the Dev (who was extremely active prior to this event), comes in here to calm the masses.  But he's been silent this long, so I wouldn't hold your breath.
Crypto_Junkee

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:24:23 PM

Good to know.  For those that don't visit the IRC, it would be nice if he could make an appearance here to shed some light on what he's found out and to let the masses know he's working and hasn't abandoned the coin.  Because I think most of us are leaning in the direction of abandonment.  Such is crypto.
Coinler

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:27:58 PM

Good to know.  For those that don't visit the IRC, it would be nice if he could make an appearance here to shed some light on what he's found out and to let the masses know he's working and hasn't abandoned the coin.  Because I think most of us are leaning in the direction of abandonment.  Such is crypto.

ive been in the irc channel constantly and the dev hasnt even logged in and joined the channel in at least 24hrs. i have no logs for getspark. if we dont hear form the dev in the next few hrs im abandoning this coin. i should just do so now because this dev has proven already to be unreliable and have his priorities elsewhere.
edschroedinger

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:49:37 PM

btw.

At this point I'd probably agree, and anyone that has invested in SPARK is pretty much screwed.  Unless the Dev (who was extremely active prior to this event), comes in here to calm the masses.  But he's been silent this long, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

the utter long time since 10042 is what makes me feel uneasy, too... now certainly, I don't know either what's going on at bittrex atm... but certainly there were still transactions going on when the coin forked, so this might not be a trivial thing to fix without taking a good chance to either badly fuck up a certain amount of traders or having to fork of refunds in case of an error...

and considering this as beeing a scam, it would follow an extremely unorthodox pattern... maybe it's my lack of imagination, but what benefit (apart from satisfying a sadist Cheesy) would one get from taking the main exchange and the majority of pools to halt... isn't it profit that motivates scammers? i don't see the slightest hint to anything close to making profit in that situation... any speculation beyond that would be exactly this: speculation.

...however, the one thing that bakes my cake right now is that after (clean) reboot of the maschine with the wallet, the damn wallet resists to survive the start sequence. even a clean and empty start doesn't work. shuts down before the splashscreen normaly would vanish... certainly strange to say the least Huh

dacoinz

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:53:53 PM

shit coins like this are trashing cryptos in general
so why you even here, go suck your dick moron.. nobody care about you here..  Grin Grin
I'm 15, and can undoubtedly tell you the risk far outweighs the reward here.
http://img.pandawhale.com/37381-well-done-sir-gif-Imgur-Wiserh-Tr7d.gif
good luck with your bags
Grin
edschroedinger

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:55:57 PM

Good to know.  For those that don't visit the IRC, it would be nice if he could make an appearance here to shed some light on what he's found out and to let the masses know he's working and hasn't abandoned the coin.  Because I think most of us are leaning in the direction of abandonment.  Such is crypto.

ive been in the irc channel constantly and the dev hasnt even logged in and joined the channel in at least 24hrs. i have no logs for getspark. if we dont hear form the dev in the next few hrs im abandoning this coin. i should just do so now because this dev has proven already to be unreliable and have his priorities elsewhere.

...now, I'm a complete irc dork, but maybe you get some from bittrex at their channel to make some short statement on the status, at least if they're actively into it (with dev) or simply on wait ?

dacoinz

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 03:02:29 PM

The dev deleted my posts... and they called it fud  Roll Eyes
edschroedinger

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 03:22:16 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 03:43:09 PM by edschroedinger

...and now it turns crazy here  Undecided  ...the thing is, I've tried to start the qt wallet (win) several times now since a reboot and each time, pop it closes due to an exception.
same on other maschines (w7/8).  
even from scratch with letting the client create a new wallet.dat and db, etc...
debug log seems to stop immediately after the moment, when the wallet.dat has been loaded... just a few sec. after start, gone...

however, try yourself... ( if you dare Grin ) ...makes no obvious sense to me atm.

--

no clue how to get that thing started again Cheesy ...lol, if however the whole thing turns out to be a scam and the wallet not starting anymore beeing part of it, this would be the by far weirdest scam in my book and I would demand on at least nowing the motive or what great and hidden outcome that made ^^
... the one major 'drop' on bittrex moved less than 2btc.. that would be a decent amount of action compared to the biggest downsell these few days back... or I am missing something completely Cheesy

Coinler

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 03:39:13 PM

dev.. you blew it. dont ever make another coin. u dont have what it takes to be a crypto dev.
bye
Crypto_Junkee

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 03:54:01 PM

Hate to say it, but could it be another coin from the infamous Carsen Klock?

dacoinz

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 03:58:13 PM

LOL, no. Just some kid that doesn't know how to code and prob read some tut on how to clone an alt... I called it before, the guy couldn't compile a mac wallet.. red flaggggggggggg
CryptoStoner

Activity: 80

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:04:37 PM

LOL, no. Just some kid that doesn't know how to code and prob read some tut on how to clone an alt... I called it before, the guy couldn't compile a mac wallet.. red flaggggggggggg

not every dev works on mac and knows how to compile a wallet for it mate, most real devs stick to linux but can also compile on windows, rarely on mac
Coinler

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:09:32 PM

watching https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=834910.0

what you guys think? looks like a dev that can deliver and actually write code.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: