Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 05:13:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Spark | X11 | BTer/Bittrex/C-CEX | PoW/PoS | Exchanges | Roadmap |  (Read 108562 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
edschroedinger

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2014, 06:04:56 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2014, 10:19:22 PM by edschroedinger

well well...

some news in all shortness:

on the good side, I might have found a solution to get the SPARK network up and running again... might...
...atm I do not get any connections anymore and I hope that will change back, as up to this morning I had like 4-5 connections more or less constantly.

the downside is, I havent heard from RentaMouse for like 2 weeks now, so no clue which conclusion to draw on that... and I'm only like starting to get a remote clue on how things work in the core of the coin.
...would be a great thing to learn, if not dealing with a patient in the emergency room... and me - to continue with the metaphor - beeing the doctor... yet, of theoretical physics xD

however, it might as well be, that I already found a solution... need to test the code and will release an update, which will be mandatory, within the next 24h... if however I can confirm the code working of course...

------ 4h later...

some bad news, but only regarding my local real world stuff... a couple minutes ago I finaly smashed my cellphone display and touchscreen went byebye, so I'm a little bit into getting into my device as - I know, I know.. - important functionality is stuck with that event... some 2fa, fone, sms, etc. ... so i have to reroute this however and see what I can do to fix that mess xD...  

...but I'm also into debugging that network issues as soon as my head is free to concentrate upon that... hope to tell you asap anyway however if and when there will be a next release that will help getting the stuck chain issue running...
I'd love to give you a well-founded assessment, but that'd be almost solely based upon educated guesswork and gut feeling... (see. the doctor thing above) :/

AreThereAnyFundamentalThingsThatWouldFit50chr?NOPE
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
edschroedinger

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 03:10:27 PM

well... how should I start...

right now, it's save to say (at least, that's what I experience here) that the SPARK network is stuck at around block 27622... on the 1.2 clients. thee chain that is at around 27620something supposedly is the one, the most clients are around thus build the whole of the potential network anyway...
...then there's that seednode client at spark.cryptonotepool... RentaMouse had set up and included as seednode for the 1.3 client update... with the new staking parameters... but that's stuck as well I think... I don't know exactly which client version runs on bittrex and bter (bittrex updated to 1.3 and after 55blocks went offline with the wallet is my last info)

so, regarding the facts:
- block generation with the 1.2 client obviously doesn't work as for a full PoS with such parameters, a strong network of staking clients is needed. that will fail if there's just a couple clients online every now and then... staking deadlock, as I guess at least a lot of the small to medium wallets experienced...
- block generation with the 1.3 client as well didn't work, as this network seems to consist of only the seednode and the chain, that forked off ~1000blks ago seem to be abandoned, at least I don't get any new blocks from that side...

I draw the conclusion, that only by turning on PoW again, there is a chance to bring back movement into the stuck chain.

Silkcoin, which is something like SPARKs clone parent, had a similar thing implemented... they turned of PoW for some time and reopened after blk 50000 or something.

atm, I'm calculating some parameters, but I'm planing to release the code any time soon in the new repository. I think I will trim down coin generation at around 1 SPARK per block. it was at: 200 < blk7200, then 100 < blk14400... I will calculate some reasonable values and post them here as soon as I got them. yet, as a rough calculation and first experimental settings I used a new upper PoW bound of 500k new blocks... that'd make 500k new coins over a period of ... many years, have to actually calculate that, not in my head right now... but many many years Cheesy  ...so, staking still would be beneficial and possible... and some miners as well would be able to help maintaining the network with a little amount of mining power, gaining a little amount of extra spark.

well, as I mentioned I'm far from beeing an experienced coin dev, so speaking with that amount of experience and maybe a decent amount of general development experience, I'd say it's the only way to don't let the coin eventually die out in the state we've got right now.

I'm collecting the values now and post them here, will finish the code, contact the exchanges to check upon their wallet status first to coordinate the update... if they have rolled back to 1.2, there shouldn't be the biggest problem anyway... however, I guess it would be even better for them to wait a couple days with the update until the current clients are updated, working and I can confirm to them, that the network has stabilized and generating new blocks again...

if however anyone has suggestions. ideas, objections or concernc, please discuss.

hasta la vista... I'll be back  Cool

edschroedinger

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 01:50:28 AM

so now...

some numbers first:

my wallet shows me, at the moment there should be
- 2.164.130 SPARK already distributed
- which would be close to 9% of  
- a total supply of 25.000.000 SPARK.

and fact is, currently there's almost no new block beeing generated by pure staking.

that would change, if we'd turn on POW again... I'd go and distribute them like so:

Code:
     27623 -   36000    -   ~5 days*  @  1 SPARK -> max. ~7.200 SPARK (warmup phase)
    36001 -  165000    -   ~3 months @ 12 SPARK -> max. ~1.548.000 SPARK / ~3.6% tot.
   165001 -  300000    -   ~3 months @  8 SPARK -> max. ~1.080.000 SPARK / ~2.5% tot.
   300001 -  560000    -   ~6 months @  4 SPARK -> max. ~1.040.000 SPARK / ~2.5% tot.
   560001 - 1000000    -   ~1 year   @  2 SPARK -> max.   ~960.000 SPARK / ~2.4% tot.
  1000001 - 2000000    -   ~2 year   @  1 SPARK -> max. ~1.000.000 SPARK / ~2.5% tot.
  2000000 - max supply -   ~? years. @ .2 SPARK -> max.   ~100.000 SPARK/y / ~0.25% tot./y

*the ~days calculations are at most something like a very rough estimation,
as the total amount of blocks generated at the specific height, will consist
of both, POW and POS blocks.

so, about 5.500.000 SPARK - that'd be ~20% of the total supply - could be created
via POW within that next 4 years. so much for the theory... the practical side will
show that this amount in fact will be somewhat lower, as some blocks are
well beeing created via POS... whereas this should be max. 17.5% of the already yielded
coin supply every year.
however, POW will work indefinitely and could be used to generate new blocks,
yet every block just yields another 0.2 SPARK until the maximum coin supply of
25mio SPARK has been finaly worn out.

conclusion:
- final amount stays the same
- distribution allows for auxiliary mining to engage every time
- staking still is more profitable in the long run
- POW distribution of only 20% over a 4 year period doesn't exhaust coin supply
- after 4 years, POW can only generate max. 100.000 SPARK / year. that's 0.25% of the total supply

that is the only solution I could find, that actually could work and wouldn't even touch coin scarcity after all.

this is the one and only last chance I see.

other option would be to drop that thing completely, as I don't see a chance to get SPARK online with POS only.
not any time soon, not even in a hundred years  Wink

well... that been said...

In theory, I'm ready to release the code, as well as to provide a windows .exe (w/o needing some additional .dll's anymore)

but I want to get in touch with bittrex and bter beforehand...
(I think I remember that c-cex already did close their spark market...*)

and I want to make sure, someone still is in this thread here and interrested in an update...
...I still get connections to the presumeably dominant network, consisting of 1.2 as well as 1.0 clients...
however, to enable POW, obviously those clients need to be updated as well or any POW block will become
rejected eventually.

so, please leave some feedback, at least to show you're still here and somehow ready to make an update within a few days.
the code changes will be supported with proper comments and so should be easy to verify...

----
*) cannot confirm, as with my smashed cellphone, as well my 2fa to enter the site is not available atm. but maybe I can fix that in the same turn...

Framauro

Activity: 431
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 08:02:13 PM

I'm still watching spark, great job, edschroedinger. Let's mine some sparks again! Grin
-Blueraiven-

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 12:37:24 AM

Looking ahead for the revival of this coin. Keep it up edschroedinger  Wink
Framauro

Activity: 431

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 10:07:08 PM

Any news or update....??
herbiehasher

Activity: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 01:30:11 AM

Any news or update....??

I still cannot get the wallet working.
1.2 or 1.3

minGW Runtime Assertion Failed
Velgelm

Activity: 299

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 05:12:06 AM

my wallet not sync? please give me some nodes!

Gabens

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 04:02:50 PM

Looking to buy spark any interested sellers DM me
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34]
  Print  

Jump to: