Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:20:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [18 GH] Swepool.net 0% fee proportional, LP, API, SSL!  (Read 42021 times)
noobboon

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 02:58:45 AM

hey, Why the stale rate is high in this pool? i got 6~7%

I only have 0.5% in other pool, can you fix it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
noobboon

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 03:08:54 AM

hey, Why the stale rate is high in this pool? i got 6~7%

I only have 0.5% in other pool, can you fix it?

PS. I am using pheonix 1.48 GUIminer

Is there a problem on long pooling?
innervisi0nn

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Tutorials, guidelines, optimizations for all!

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 09:08:32 AM

so whats the deal? all my miners are offline now, swepool down or switching to proportional now?
Need an update!

dinox (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 09:13:28 AM

Hi guys!

swepool has had huge losses in last time and we cant sustain pay-per-share anymore. I do think we had the same attack as made bitpenny shut down (the other pay-per-share only pool).

We are switching to proportional, there will be no downtime and all shares submitted from this point are counted towards next block solve. Hashspeed calculators is a bit out of order right now, please have some patience with that.

blockchain.info/fb/1dinox - 1Dinox3mFw8yykpAZXFGEKeH4VX1Mzbcxe
Active trader on #bitcoin-otc - See here - Proof that my nick is dinox here
innervisi0nn

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:12:58 AM

Hi guys!

swepool has had huge losses in last time and we cant sustain pay-per-share anymore. I do think we had the same attack as made bitpenny shut down (the other pay-per-share only pool).

We are switching to proportional, there will be no downtime and all shares submitted from this point are counted towards next block solve. Hashspeed calculators is a bit out of order right now, please have some patience with that.

Thanks.

Questions:

1) How do we get paid? How does proportional really work?
2) I am getting TCP timeout errors with phoenix miner to SWEPOOL.NET (miner idle, then it fails) tcp twisted time out error connection failed then reconnects
3) Will the BTC counter on the profile page update itself based off of work?
4) What happens to the current shares I am contributing? Why is it showing 0BTC?

dinox (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:35:51 AM

Hi guys!

Thanks.

Questions:

2) I am getting TCP timeout errors with phoenix miner to SWEPOOL.NET (miner idle, then it fails) tcp twisted time out error connection failed then reconnects
4) What happens to the current shares I am contributing? Why is it showing 0BTC?
1. There is now an estimate counter on your profile, you will be paid that amount when swepool solves a block.
2. I have no reports on errors like this, can you please copy/paste errors in a pm to me?
3. Yes
4. I had to rewrite some code, It's working right now. The counter shows your_round_shares / pool_round_shares which is what you get paid when we solve a block.

I also want to notify you that this is not a permanent way for swepool but we will be going proportional until I figured out a un-cheatable pay-model where you get paid instantly.

innervisi0nn

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:40:32 AM

Hi guys!

Thanks.

Questions:

1. There is now an estimate counter on your profile, you will be paid that amount when swepool solves a block.
2. I have no reports on errors like this, can you please copy/paste errors in a pm to me?
3. Yes
4. I had to rewrite some code, It's working right now. The counter shows your_round_shares / pool_round_shares which is what you get paid when we solve a block.

I also want to notify you that this is not a permanent way for swepool but we will be going proportional until I figured out a un-cheatable pay-model where you get paid instantly.

Thanks, new to the proportional area, always did solo or PPS.
So until the pool solves a block, I'll be getting 0 BTC? When they do solve, how much does it give to its users?
The estimate counter is way below than what PPS was offering, from .8 bitcions to .16? =\

spudhed

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:43:51 AM

since the switch to prop my workers wage has more than halved, is that to do with the calculator being off or is that what it is now that the pool has switched to prop? its quite a big drop, im running a 5850 and get about 230mh/s but im only getting about 0.14 coins a day whereas i was getting more like 0.34-0.39 before
dinox (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 10:45:43 AM

Thanks, new to the proportional area, always did solo or PPS.
So until the pool solves a block, I'll be getting 0 BTC?
Yes

When they do solve, how much does it give to its users?
You will get 50 * your_shares_this_round / pool_shares_this_round. This is what is showing on your profile page.

The estimate counter is way below than what PPS was offering, from .8 bitcions to .16? =\
Statistically we should solve a block in every 10 hours. Last estimate was per 24h.

In the long run, you should expect 8.7% higher payouts now than we had with PPS.

Tunes0710

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 12:49:53 AM

Is anyone having an issue where their miners cannot connect to swepool?
ajos

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 01:35:34 AM

Seems like everybody is - it's down to 0 Ghash/s. So guess I may get nothing for this 16 hour block I've been contributing to?
innervisi0nn

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 01:40:46 AM

Seems like everybody is - it's down to 0 Ghash/s. So guess I may get nothing for this 16 hour block I've been contributing to?

Welcome to the club, looking for an alternate pool at this point until this is all sorted out.

All 6 of my miners are down, wasted efforts at this point. =\

timmmay

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 03:13:12 AM

Same here, none of my miners are connecting.

Here's the error from poclbm:

12/06/2011 13:12:34, long poll exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BitcoinMiner.pyo", line 259, in longPollThread
  File "BitcoinMiner.pyo", line 221, in request
  File "httplib.pyo", line 898, in request
  File "httplib.pyo", line 935, in _send_request
  File "httplib.pyo", line 892, in endheaders
  File "httplib.pyo", line 764, in _send_output
  File "httplib.pyo", line 723, in send
  File "httplib.pyo", line 704, in connect
  File "socket.pyo", line 514, in create_connection
error: [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
Problems communicating with bitcoin RPC

innervisi0nn

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:27:29 AM

Not sure, hopefully we get paid out for our work. The stats and counter is still working counting current round duration so lets see what happens when Dinox is back. (guessing hes asleep)

dinox (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:12:48 PM

Pushpoold crashed and restart timed out after 15 tries...  Undecided It's back up now.

ancow

Activity: 373

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2011, 05:32:54 PM

Not here or according to the speedmeter on the site, it isn't.

BTC: 1GAHTMdBN4Yw3PU66sAmUBKSXy2qaq2SF4
MikesMechanix

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 05:37:18 PM

Pushpoold crashed and restart timed out after 15 tries...  Undecided It's back up now.

Nope... not connecting...

Please send your extra Bitcoins to 17miTorGDBUh3yNTYJtodJPw9wzrcNcf6y. Thank you!

Sign up on TradeHill Instant Bitcoin Exchange using this link to get a lifetime 10 % discount on trades!
innervisi0nn

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 06:49:17 PM

Nope... not connecting...

This is one of my favorite pools and its down!
This makes me sad, i've missed 3 btc per day already!

Dinox, any ETA?

innervisi0nn

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 10:30:43 PM

looks like the hash rates are back up..question..when do we get paid out for the round? its at 37 hours already?

Grike_SixEcho

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 13, 2011, 05:07:15 AM

Hey, I haven't been able to connect to swepool for the last 3 days.

I went to the "how-to" on the website, and nothing's changed.

Anyone else have this problem?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: