Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:51:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 [310] 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103262 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Palaxidon

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Hi, Im Bitcoin trader and crypto enthusiast.

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2016, 03:40:49 PM

After this news https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/europol-interpol-unite-combat-bitcoin-money-laundering/  I strongly think that Tech like Blocknet offers is the future for us bitcoin traders and users.

ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 04:13:40 PM

BLOCK is traded on 4 exchanges:

https://bter.com/trade/block_btc

BLOCK-BTC is delisted
MR1
Legendary

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 04:44:08 PM

So I update the list of the exchanges where BLOCK is traded:

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_block

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-BLOCK

https://www.litebit.eu/en/buy/blocknet

www.crypto-trade.net

And of course Blocknet decentralized exchange !
mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 10:41:12 PM

look promising , slack is this one ? :
http://blocknet.herokuapp.com/

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
Crypto*Digger

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Entrepreneur and blockchain enthusiast

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 11:14:39 PM

look promising , slack is this one ? :
http://blocknet.herokuapp.com/

yes, join in!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★  E S P E R S  ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
░▒▓▓▓▓    S E C U R E - E M A I L  ★  S I T E S - O N - B L O C K C H A I N  ★  P R O O F - O F - R E L I A B I L I T Y    ▓▓▓▓▒░
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ★    ANN   |  CRYPTOCODERZ   |  TWITTER   |  FACEBOOK   |  EMAIL   |  EXPLORER     ★     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Erik Goff

Activity: 261
Merit: 10

https://assetsplit.org/

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 03:46:04 PM

Maybe its me being noob , but where can i find the decentralized exchange ? ( i know its everywhere but i mean an access to it Smiley )
I looked in my wallet ( v. 1.1.1.3 ) but nothing there. What am i missing ?

⚜⚜⚜  ASSETSPLIT ICO  ⚜⚜⚜
⚡⚡⚡Asset Split is the place to build shares of your valuables⚡⚡⚡
♻ ▬▬▬▬▬  Facebook ♦️️ Twitter ♦️️ Telegram ♦️️ Discord ♦️️ Bitcointalk   ▬▬▬▬▬ ♻
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 05:50:24 PM

Maybe its me being noob , but where can i find the decentralized exchange ? ( i know its everywhere but i mean an access to it Smiley )

We have a user guide for the decentralised exchange!

It was created by the community.
Special thanks to @aderks for leading the initiative.
It'll be progressively updated as we go.

Here's the link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DWmeD86mvzM1gG-g3_i0_TApjAnmzbUefhEXGYKRqYc/edit?usp=sharing

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Erik Goff

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 08:18:55 PM

Here's the link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DWmeD86mvzM1gG-g3_i0_TApjAnmzbUefhEXGYKRqYc/edit?usp=sharing

Wow very cool ! i will try it soon when i am more awake. Unfortunately the author didn't provide an 'overview' so its kinda overwhelming at first for non-techies.
But basically as i understand it, every bitcoin-type wallet has RPC,  which means that these wallets can be accessed by a program from the backside. in case of blocknet this program is xbridgep2p. This program then makes the connection to your wallets, and enables you to 'advertize' a trade offer on the blocknet. is this correct ?

⚜⚜⚜  ASSETSPLIT ICO  ⚜⚜⚜
♻ ▬▬▬▬▬  Facebook ♦️️ Twitter ♦️️ Telegram ♦️️ Discord ♦️️ Bitcointalk   ▬▬▬▬▬ ♻
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2016, 08:05:07 AM

Here's the link:

Wow very cool ! i will try it soon when i am more awake. Unfortunately the author didn't provide an 'overview' so its kinda overwhelming at first for non-techies.
But basically as i understand it, every bitcoin-type wallet has RPC,  which means that these wallets can be accessed by a program from the backside. in case of blocknet this program is xbridgep2p. This program then makes the connection to your wallets, and enables you to 'advertize' a trade offer on the blocknet. is this correct ?

Yup, that's the gist of it.

xbridgep2p provides the following components:
- DHT network overlay
- end-to-end encrypted p2p messaging protocol
- coin exchange protocol

For decentralised exchange, it functions to
- broadcast orders
- compile an order book
- match orders
- instruct your wallets to follow the steps of the coin exchange protocol
- check that the counterparty plays by the rules of the coin exchange protocol

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
yns1971

Activity: 399
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 08:19:06 AM

I've bought some coins
Erik Goff

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 09:56:22 AM

Here's the link:

- DHT network overlay
- coin exchange protocol

- broadcast orders
- compile an order book
- match orders

Great work. Now as trader, i like to see charts of course. As a suggestion, you should make an API for the guys at coinigy, this is a 3rd party platform that accesses different exchanges to trade. Instant visuals Smiley

⚜⚜⚜  ASSETSPLIT ICO  ⚜⚜⚜
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2016, 01:08:04 PM

Here's the link:

But basically as i understand it, every bitcoin-type wallet has RPC,  which means that these wallets can be accessed by a program from the backside. in case of blocknet this program is xbridgep2p. This program then makes the connection to your wallets, and enables you to 'advertize' a trade offer on the blocknet. is this correct ?

- DHT network overlay
- coin exchange protocol

- broadcast orders
- compile an order book
- match orders

Great work. Now as trader, i like to see charts of course. As a suggestion, you should make an API for the guys at coinigy, this is a 3rd party platform that accesses different exchanges to trade. Instant visuals Smiley

Yes, thanks, great suggestion.

How about just integrating TradingView? After all, this is a decentralised exchange, so it's not especially useful to get data from Coinigy about centralised exchanges.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
G_SOROS

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 01:13:38 PM

Blocknet still the best ever.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2016, 02:32:18 PM

Here's the link:

But basically as i understand it, every bitcoin-type wallet has RPC,  which means that these wallets can be accessed by a program from the backside. in case of blocknet this program is xbridgep2p. This program then makes the connection to your wallets, and enables you to 'advertize' a trade offer on the blocknet. is this correct ?

- DHT network overlay
- coin exchange protocol

- broadcast orders
- compile an order book
- match orders

Yes, thanks, great suggestion.

How about just integrating TradingView? After all, this is a decentralised exchange, so it's not especially useful to get data from Coinigy about centralised exchanges.

I've been thinking a little further about Coinigy. We'd have to do the following:
- convince them to run xbridgep2p and a bunch of wallets
- convince them to pull the order book data out of xbridgep2p
- convince them to generate charts, etc. from the data
- hit Coinigy's API from each trader's local dapp, in order to plug into Coinigy to get the data
- keep trading an entirely local (decentralised) phenomenon, as it currently is
- get our dapp to load the Coinigy page, in an entirely integrated way, so that traders can use our DX and whichever centralised exchanges they want to, with no friction.

Basically I'd want to keep Coinigy on the edge of the network. Which is complicated, but doable.

Probably a massively expensive idea to attempt. :-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Erik Goff

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 02:40:25 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2016, 03:01:03 PM by Erik Goff

I've been thinking a little further about Coinigy. We'd have to do the following:
- convince them to run xbridgep2p and a bunch of wallets
- convince them to pull the order book data out of xbridgep2p
- convince them to generate charts, etc. from the data
- hit Coinigy's API from each trader's local dapp, in order to plug into Coinigy to get the data
- keep trading an entirely local (decentralised) phenomenon, as it currently is
- get our dapp to load the Coinigy page, in an entirely integrated way, so that traders can use our DX and whichever centralised exchanges they want to, with no friction.

Basically I'd want to keep Coinigy on the edge of the network. Which is complicated, but doable.

Probably a massively expensive idea to attempt. :-)

I think your thought process went the wrong way on a one-way lane Smiley
i am a user of coinigy, i like them ( they are not perfect)  So i can't tell from their code but as i gather it works like this:
coinigy pulls the order book from various exchanges and displays them in they own format (looking better and more usability than e.g. poloniex)
coinigy hooks to the api of any exchange to make trades and housekeeping (check if orders are still there etc)
so the only thing that needs convincing is your second point : - convince them to pull the order book data out of xbridgep2p
plus a second one : convince them to accept blocknets api  (i think that needs to be written ?)

In any case, i think that over time there will be tons of trading apps that can hook on to any exchange. Something to consider for the future Smiley

Edit: I do realize that using an app like this goes against the idea of decentralization. But in this case, coinigy is a service and does not hold any money. in fact you have to pay montly fee to use it.  but for that you get the graphs etc. So its a tradeoff, where the real question is how far decentralization should go.

⚜⚜⚜  ASSETSPLIT ICO  ⚜⚜⚜
trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
September 15, 2016, 05:43:11 PM

I am still holding my blocks from long time because this will be bigger in upcoming days, all features are about to come out and very soon it will start rising, the potential of this is very huge and it would change the life of strong believer, Dev team is still on hard job and bringing the feature to the world.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2016, 02:34:09 PM

Discussed in Slack:

atcsecure [1:04 PM] 
the BIP65 implementation that is happening now is a major milestone

atcsecure [2:28 PM] 
here is the new algo we are switching to

[2:28] 
Code:
Steps

Step1.
Initiator creates secret X, and hashes it to create H(X). Initiator also creates public private key pair (pubkey i1,i2 / privkey i2,i2). Responder creates public private key pair (pubkey r1,r2 / privkey r1,r2).

Step 2.
Initiator shares H(X) and pubkey i2 with responder. Responder shares pubkey r1 with intiator.

Step 3.
Initiator creates TxAb. TxAb can be redeemed after time T2 with privkey i1. At any time TxAb can redeemed with signature from privkey r1 and reveal of secret X. Initiator broadcasts TxAb onto the network.

Step 4.
Responder confirms TxAb. Responder creates TxBb. TxBb can be redeemed after T1 time with privkey r2. At any time TxBb can be redeemed with signature fom privkey i2 and reveal of secret X. Responder broadcasts TxBb onto the network.

Step 5.
Initiator creates TxBp which spends TxBb using privkey i2 and secret X. With the revealed secret, responder can create TxAp which spends TxAb with privkey r1 and secret X.

Notes

If initiator fails to broadcast TxAb in step 3, the exchange has failed and no steps need to be taken by the responder.

If responder fails to broadcast TxBb in step 4, initiator can create refund transaction TxAr which redeems TxAb after time T2 using privkey i1.

If initiator fails to spend TxBb on step 5 before time T1, responder can create refund transaction TxBr after time T1 using privkey r2. If responder fails to spend TxAb before time T2, initiator can use TxAr to get refund from TxAb.

[2:31] 
Also along side this change, an interesting topic has come up… and as part of the collateral system (which prevents spam/dos) we are looking at requiring the use of block on each DX as a collateral ( it would be transparent to the user, but you must run and hold block in the wallet to cover the collateral on the DX TX, the amount would be small but based on a % of the DX TX coin)

[2:31] 
@here thoughts on this requirement?

Discuss in Slack: http://blocknet.herokuapp.com

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
truxton

Activity: 771
Merit: 521

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 11:04:20 AM

Wow what a rip off of Blocknet. Even using the same tag line.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1607111.0
MR1
Legendary

Activity: 927

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 11:10:08 AM

Wow what a rip off of Blocknet. Even using the same tag line.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1607111.0

Our world is full of copycats. Looks like they forked Blocknet.
truxton

Activity: 771
Merit: 521

View Profile
September 27, 2016, 11:26:51 AM

But its so blatant! .  The EXACT same tag line and they even ripped off the devs exact words for their site / article without any kind of permission. 
Pages: « 1 ... 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 [310] 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: