Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:51:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 [461] 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103265 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Tarz

Activity: 237
Merit: 110

View Profile
October 25, 2019, 02:33:02 PM

As a "regular" blocknet trader I can answer second part of your questions. I am running few unencrypted core wallets on some old notebook with linux. It has only wallets and blockDX installed. With good SSD the performance is acceptable. You need to have all wallets synced on same machine with blocknet (a lot of time, if you start from beginning) and configure blockDX with all that wallets. Especially if you add new, you need to restart every wallet, that is annoying. But! It is working. Devs promising, that you do not need to install core wallets if you use some services (service nodes??), but I do not know any or how to connect to them. Most important for me IT IS FUCKING WORKING! No more KYC, AML, exchange SCAM or trust to someone else. I just hope, blocknet does not have any backdoors or critical bugs  Grin

Thank you for the great deal of very useful information, it's especially comforting to know that the time and effort required to do the setup pays off and this was my main concern. I'm really happy to hear it's working, and can't wait to get my own setup going soon!

Why bother man. People may not recognize the value of their time if they bother setting up wallets and connecting to a dead chain. How many years have it been since XC went belly up? Now how many years have it been since their 3000BTC ICO after which it all came to a halt? Its been 5 years. And these maddish fan boys from 5 years ago are still tottering around, fueling this discussion.
GucciBoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 26, 2019, 11:51:54 PM

As a "regular" blocknet trader I can answer second part of your questions. I am running few unencrypted core wallets on some old notebook with linux. It has only wallets and blockDX installed. With good SSD the performance is acceptable. You need to have all wallets synced on same machine with blocknet (a lot of time, if you start from beginning) and configure blockDX with all that wallets. Especially if you add new, you need to restart every wallet, that is annoying. But! It is working. Devs promising, that you do not need to install core wallets if you use some services (service nodes??), but I do not know any or how to connect to them. Most important for me IT IS FUCKING WORKING! No more KYC, AML, exchange SCAM or trust to someone else. I just hope, blocknet does not have any backdoors or critical bugs  Grin

Thank you for the great deal of very useful information, it's especially comforting to know that the time and effort required to do the setup pays off and this was my main concern. I'm really happy to hear it's working, and can't wait to get my own setup going soon!

Why bother man. People may not recognize the value of their time if they bother setting up wallets and connecting to a dead chain. How many years have it been since XC went belly up? Now how many years have it been since their 3000BTC ICO after which it all came to a halt? Its been 5 years. And these maddish fan boys from 5 years ago are still tottering around, fueling this discussion.

Well, it's gonna be way more user friendly once the Litewallet is out, which will leverage the snode network instead of requiring you to have a copy of the full blockchain yourself like it's required in the current form.

The snode in the DX is basically acting like an extra pair of eyes on things.  The snode has no control over the trades or funds themselves, but tracks the utxos used in trades so that they can't be duplicated elsewhere - subsequently limiting orderbook bloat.  The orderbook itself, however, is maintained and shared by the actual peers/traders themselves.

The snode also provides disaster recovery:  For example let's say a trade fails and you need to reclaim your funds from the p2sh (pay to script hash) - the snode can broadcast the sendrawtransaction to the network for you if you happen to go offline. Wink
PhilipMarshall

Activity: 90
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 10:22:12 AM

Check out this new video that shows how to set up Block DX in just a few clicks in a matter of minutes. Block DX = security, privacy & peace of mind with atomicswap trading and full decentralization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFSl60KcaCk
CoismoRob

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 03:23:54 PM

This is such an amazing idea, looking forward to following.
Flux0z

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 03:33:33 PM

Check out this new video that shows how to set up Block DX in just a few clicks in a matter of minutes. Block DX = security, privacy & peace of mind with atomicswap trading and full decentralization.

Thanks, just checked it out, as I was playing around with the DEX, and the video is very helpful and straightfoward, even for beginners. Might as well link to it on your official website, since it's helpful for any newbies out there! Smiley
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 04:25:31 PM

This has been a very interesting project for far too long. It is a shame this has not had more support and interest.

How much leakage was there to Binance? how much of the secret sauce did they manage to sample? is blocknet going to get something off of the ground and running before those guys make this kind of semi- redundant.

That would be a real shame you guys have come quite a way.

I guess XC is pretty much staying on the back burner (whatever purpose it has) until blocknet is picking up a lot more interest and bug free?

stoos

Activity: 1526
Merit: 354

View Profile
October 28, 2019, 10:26:13 PM

Why shitpost man? If you like KYC and/or get fucked by centralized exchanges, then do it. Many people still respect anonymity and safeness. If you do not keep your coins on local wallets, then you are just wrong here. If you do, then it is just 5 minutes to setup true dex exchange, so easy is that.

PhilipMarshall

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 11:50:24 AM
Merited by cryptohunter (1)

This has been a very interesting project for far too long. It is a shame this has not had more support and interest.

How much leakage was there to Binance? how much of the secret sauce did they manage to sample?

They tried but got nothing:

"We were fortunate enough to not share anything private with Binance on this listing application – everything on the shared document included answers that we have otherwise already made public in some form or fashion: our Discord and other chats, whitepaper, Github, AMAs, or if you stopped by our booth and chatted with us at the many events we’ve attended.

However, other projects might not have been so fortunate, and hopefully this news helps raise awareness."

From here:

https://blocknet.co/statement-regarding-blocknet-and-binance/
PhilipMarshall

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 11:55:33 AM

Thanks, just checked it out, as I was playing around with the DEX, and the video is very helpful and straightfoward, even for beginners. Might as well link to it on your official website, since it's helpful for any newbies out there! Smiley

Thats not a bad idea actually. Will pass it on.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 12:45:33 PM

Why shitpost man? If you like KYC and/or get fucked by centralized exchanges, then do it. Many people still respect anonymity and safeness. If you do not keep your coins on local wallets, then you are just wrong here. If you do, then it is just 5 minutes to setup true dex exchange, so easy is that.

don't cry because Tarz is correct BAAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAA

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
stoos

Activity: 1526
Merit: 354

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 01:00:28 PM

don't cry because Tarz is correct BAAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAA

Who cries, lol? It is not my fault, that you guyz became shitcoin hodlers Grin You can spit your shit around, but that will not change the fact that blocknet is great and technology behind it is WORKING. Kiss

PhilipMarshall

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 02:50:04 PM

New article on why Block DX will give you trading peace of mind.  See how quickly you can get set up in just a few clicks. And if time is important to you, (tl:dr) you only need to spend 30 seconds looking at the first part of this article to be convinced!

https://blocknet.co/its-time-to-stop-learning-lessons-the-hard-way-leave-centralized-exchange-hacks-behind-and-enter-a-world-of-security-and-peace-of-mind-with-block-dx/
GucciBoy

View Profile
October 29, 2019, 07:43:13 PM

New article on why Block DX will give you trading peace of mind.  See how quickly you can get set up in just a few clicks. And if time is important to you, (tl:dr) you only need to spend 30 seconds looking at the first part of this article to be convinced!

https://blocknet.co/its-time-to-stop-learning-lessons-the-hard-way-leave-centralized-exchange-hacks-behind-and-enter-a-world-of-security-and-peace-of-mind-with-block-dx/

Great work Philip. Really awesome article, and it's great to see you guys work so hard on this project. Gives me a lot of confidence in the project moving forward! Keep it up!
PhilipMarshall

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 09:28:19 AM

Great work Philip. Really awesome article, and it's great to see you guys work so hard on this project. Gives me a lot of confidence in the project moving forward! Keep it up!

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for supporting the project.  Nice to have you along.  Smiley
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 01:56:30 PM

How much leakage was there to Binance? how much of the secret sauce did they manage to sample?

"We were fortunate enough to not share anything private with Binance on this listing application – everything on the shared document included answers that we have otherwise already made public in some form or fashion: our Discord and other chats, whitepaper, Github, AMAs, or if you stopped by our booth and chatted with us at the many events we’ve attended.

However, other projects might not have been so fortunate, and hopefully this news helps raise awareness."

From here:

https://blocknet.co/statement-regarding-blocknet-and-binwance/

That is good to hear. Thanks for the information.
Would be crazy to divulge years of work to  others that would gladly steal it for their own competitive edge.

GucciBoy

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 06:15:51 PM

From here:

Would be crazy to divulge years of work to  others that would gladly steal it for their own competitive edge.

I saw this Binance scandal right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSCAelH_iuk

I stopped trading at Binance from the moment I saw this video. No joke
PhilipMarshall

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 09:14:48 PM

From here:

I saw this Binance scandal right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSCAelH_iuk

I stopped trading at Binance from the moment I saw this video. No joke

We need more like you. Good job amigo!
PhilipMarshall

View Profile
October 30, 2019, 09:22:56 PM

The 30th October 2019  Word on the BLOCK newsletter is out! Check out all the latest Blocknet development and marketing news:

https://blocknet.co/word-on-the-block-30th-october-2019/
PhilipMarshall

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 05:27:26 PM

Please join Arlyn from Blocknet in the ChorusOne Telegram group at 6.00pm UTC where he will be discussing the interchain and Blocknet: http://t.me/chorusone
Marckolind

Activity: 352
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 31, 2019, 06:49:05 PM

The 30th October 2019  Word on the BLOCK newsletter is out! Check out all the latest Blocknet development and marketing news:

https://blocknet.co/word-on-the-block-30th-october-2019/

I'm excited about the part of making Block DX the go-to OTC platform. Hopefully helps people noticing the project a bit more Smiley Loving the progress you guys make!
Pages: « 1 ... 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 [461] 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: