Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:31:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103265 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hashxtag

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 08:12:11 AM

1 question

Why do XC cooperate on Blochnet with some unknown cryptos?

I understand why not with DRK Tongue

But aren't key players better for Blocknet, like LTC, NXT, PPC, XBC, XPC, DOGE?

Do we want XC be associated with some unknown coins or some serious and famous ones?

Beside, I'm not sure XC will have gains on that. It's rather good for these poor coins that they will be associated with one top class, at least top 20 coin. So after all these unknown coins in blocknet will gain more I think, and if they gain by being associated with sth better (XC) then XC will loose by being associated wih sth worse (poor coins).

Maybe there is another strategy view on this but it can also be like I described above...

BTW in the longer I think noone gives a sh*t about some altcoins... they will be a few (serious/usable) coins left, and thee will be the top known, even if less advanced in tech. That's why I'm still a beliver of a Xchat, XC-email (maybe?) full of features and user-friendly, a tech that delivers.

Future of blocknet is unclera. If the unknown altocins will disappear it will appear blocknet will be just lost effort?

Grin Grin Grin  ..and if you compare, lets say LXC and DOGE, in your opinion which one is shitcoin?  ..and what is a measure of being shitcoin ?

There are different deffinitions of shit. One may be that "very little people wants it", other may be "it's worse technology".

After all not necesserrily tech wins, but the tech that is sold better = better PR = more people knows it/buy it/uset it even if it is worse technologically.

To answere you question I would focus on usability. People use DOGE for foundraising and for fun, what does people use LXC for ecept being pride of having it? Thank you and goodbye  Smiley

mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 08:14:27 AM

The OP has now been updated:

- Participating currencies are now listed (and hyperlinked)

- Some very minor wording changes have been made

- A few graphics have been added.

Enjoy folks!

Thank you for update

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 08:19:37 AM

I am a supporter of this initiative, but here's the elephant in the room.

I'm sure that I speak for most people when I say that for 2500 BTC worth of shares we would all like to see something running.  A working prototype or some sort of demonstrable technology showcasing what we can expect of a final product.

If I was buying shares in a flying car, I would like to at least see something that could float in the air as a proof of concept.

Yea, would suck if after a year it would be announced that creating a decentralized exchange that can't be exploited is impossible.
bitsurfer2014

Activity: 924
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 08:22:07 AM

distributed computing at its best.nice job.
hashxtag

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 08:31:04 AM

1 question

Why do XC cooperate on Blochnet with some unknown cryptos?

I understand why not with DRK Tongue

But aren't key players better for Blocknet, like LTC, NXT, PPC, XBC, XPC, DOGE?

Do we want XC be associated with some unknown coins or some serious and famous ones?

Beside, I'm not sure XC will have gains on that. It's rather good for these poor coins that they will be associated with one top class, at least top 20 coin. So after all these unknown coins in blocknet will gain more I think, and if they gain by being associated with sth better (XC) then XC will loose by being associated wih sth worse (poor coins).

Maybe there is another strategy view on this but it can also be like I described above...

BTW in the longer I think noone gives a sh*t about some altcoins... they will be a few (serious/usable) coins left, and thee will be the top known, even if less advanced in tech. That's why I'm still a beliver of a Xchat, XC-email (maybe?) full of features and user-friendly, a tech that delivers.

Future of blocknet is unclera. If the unknown altocins will disappear it will appear blocknet will be just lost effort?

this thing is whalesnet, not blocknet  Tongue

all the coins here have been a P&D or will be a P&D of a well known whale. (you won't need a lot or research to find who is behind each coin)

This, explain that :

Wow this is really the most stupid, idiotic reasoning I have ever seen in my life...  Roll Eyes

Are you really serious? People who are investing in this are complete idiots throwing away there money. Who in their right mind would even give money to someone who reasons like this? Value of coins joining combined = value Blocknet? Hahaha

"WhalesNet, Connecting whales together"  Grin

Ok this gives me another explanation why these unknown coins were chosen for blocknet.
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 08:38:50 AM

Guys Guys Guys...

only haters here?

Lets see it in a different way for coming investors:

1. Developer share their experience and create one big Blocknet which uses features of a lot of coins

2. What I understood there will be profit sharing Applications on the Blocknet (planned!) which give investors with a share some nice profit

3. This makes all coins only stronger because most of the coins cooperate already with each other

And honestly Don't reduce Blocknet to XC ... XC is a part, but if you look at SWIFT and Fibre you see competent developers working professional on a coin.. anyone who disagree with me on that point did not make his research !
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:00:03 AM

coins like ppc or doge would bring a huge userbase to blocknet which is just as important as the unique and innovative features of the current blocknet coins. so this is not about neither the one or the other , both well known coins and new innovative coins can benefit from taking part in the blocknet.

but blocknet had to start somewhere and its easier to start this with smaller coin teams. when this turns out to run smoothly i think a lot of old school coins will join and they are very welcome. If you are one hosting a service like XC private transaction by holding 1k xc you welcome them with open arms.  Smiley
hashxtag

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:06:07 AM

Guys Guys Guys...

only haters here?

1. Developer share their experience and create one big Blocknet which uses features of a lot of coins

2. What I understood there will be profit sharing Applications on the Blocknet (planned!) which give investors with a share some nice profit

3. This makes all coins only stronger because most of the coins cooperate already with each other

And honestly Don't reduce Blocknet to XC ... XC is a part, but if you look at SWIFT and Fibre you see competent developers working professional on a coin.. anyone who disagree with me on that point did not make his research !

Calling people haters you become one Tongue

Inteligent people have doubts.

Regarding your arguments:

1) Sharing experience is very nive. However... Lots of coins is no argument. People not need many unknown coins, just a single good
2) Profit of what? Unsuable coins? Here whalenet argument speaks to me more
3) Repeating 1) and 2)

I like the argument of cooperation, but what I see here is rather not understanding of people needs. That's why I have doubts in this project.

Again, what people and also business needs need is:

1. a) single good coin, b) extremly safe, c) user friendly coin, d) pretty design
2. a) mobile wallet and b) messagin platform, c) maybe other features like cloud storage

What people dont need is lots of coins and technology around they dont understand. They just want to make money transfer and pay for some goods easily.
Queeq

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:24:53 AM

So, omitting bizarre revenue calculations in the OP, what would generate dividents for Blocknet share holders? Why are these shares needed in the first place? Where are they used?
Even though I am a long term XC supporter and Blocknet idea itself looks interesting, the way it is put looks like incoherent attempt to exploit greed of those not paying much attention to details or simply new to cryptos.

I am eager to be proven wrong.
landcrab

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 09:30:33 AM

Intelligent people do have doubts of course. I agree with this:

So, omitting bizarre revenue calculations in the OP, what would generate dividents for Blocknet share holders? Why are these shares needed in the first place? Where are they used?
Even though I am a long term XC supporter and Blocknet idea itself looks interesting, the way it is put looks like incoherent attempt to exploit greed of those not paying much attention to details or simply new to cryptos.

I am eager to be proven wrong.
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:48:53 AM

will watch this project. i am one of the earliest miner of XC.
but i have some questions:
how many people in your team?
when will you complete the Xbridge? do you have a timeline?
what’s the methods you choose to compete cross-chain? sidechain? treechain? or something else?
thanks
00Smurf

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:50:42 AM

I am a supporter of this initiative, but here's the elephant in the room.

I'm sure that I speak for most people when I say that for 2500 BTC worth of shares we would all like to see something running.  A working prototype or some sort of demonstrable technology showcasing what we can expect of a final product.

If I was buying shares in a flying car, I would like to at least see something that could float in the air as a proof of concept.

You must be new here. See: Ethereum. They literally have in their terms that the software itself may never even come to fruition, and that's part of the risk of participating in their IPO. And yet it was wildly successful.

I agree completely, but this is crypto, man. I highly doubt they'll make the 2500 from crowdfunding. What is more likely, is they have a couple people with significant bankrolls who can afford to buy out a significant share of the IPO. It's basically another way to hide a premine, they pay themselves some BTC for a significant portion of their own shares. Zero risk for them, big hype about zomg super successful IPO, etc.

The logic behind this multi-coin association is completely flawed without a technological proof-of-concept, as you said - until then it's just another token used to benefit the insiders while diminishing value of its constituent partners (the other coins). They talk a good talk, and they *will* have a successful IPO sale - the question is can you believe any of it, and the answer, as we've seen time and again in crypto - is no. Investing in the IPO is not an investment in this product, rather it's a bet that the insiders of this conglomerate have the competency and intent to use their large bankrolls and obfuscated token marketshare to pump the price up to the x4 goal they claim will be inherently  built into the design of this network. If they're savvy whales, that'd be pretty easy to do. Then they'll use that to sucker a new phase of buyers expecting the next rise, and so begins the tears for the not-so-savvy participants.

So, my point is - we won't get proof-of-concept or a demo. They don't need to give it. If they're not idiots they've *definitely* got the resources between these coin teams to self-buy and pump their own fresh IPO. Just like every other one, it's gonna be a big cash in for the insiders, a solid profit for intelligent traders, and a long line of bagholders wondering when the next update is.

Well they may show something, flashy. But now you see why Shadow chose not to be a part of this project, and why the shadow team voted the way it did.

Why do you even need tokens or ipo. If you want a real decentralized exchange you use something like bit/black halo that allows direct cross-chain trading without using a token that has to be bought first.
ndrog

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 09:57:10 AM

Enjoy folks!

how can we trust you to lead this project...when you didnt consider asking a lawyer to make sure that what you are saying is legal.

I totally agree with you, and would also want to know. Would be nice to have this dealt with  ASAP (Since we have less than 8 days to ITO), in order to avoid people pissing away their money and creating misunderstandings (in general, about implications).

Revelation

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:09:40 AM

This is ridiculous statement. Do you think that I am a puppet and cannot do the valuation on my own? Why do you have to make this statement that tries to predict the share price of BlockNet based on current market caps of participating coins? First of all, that statement at best is inaccurate and it makes you look like you are trying to sell another snake oil. Leave it to investors to determine whether or not the price is high.
I am thinking of investing my BTC but with the price hype you are trying to create it makes me wonder what are your true objectives. I do not believe in free lunches and neither do you, so if you truly believe that tokens are worth 10k BTC you should sell them at that price and let the market decide, otherwise this is just babbling. Shame on you.  
Revelation

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:19:31 AM

pretty ambitious project. they seem very confident with profit predictions though which makes me a bit nervous
Exactly my point. They treat us as brainless puppets, selling us a dollar for 10 cents.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 10:19:35 AM

Enjoy folks!

how can we trust you to lead this project...when you didnt consider asking a lawyer to make sure that what you are saying is legal.

I don't lead this project. I'm XCurrency's PR person.

As it happens there has been legal consultation and the OP has been updated.

Enjoy folks.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Mountaingoat

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 10:19:42 AM

Where did you get the number of a 450% increase from?
I really doubt that it will get anywhere near that, I think it will earlier have either a 50% increase or a 50% decrease, because at news people dump.

I do support this though.
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:23:06 AM

Guys Guys Guys...

only haters here?

Calling people haters you become one Tongue

Inteligent people have doubts.

Regarding your arguments:

1) Sharing experience is very nive. However... Lots of coins is no argument. People not need many unknown coins, just a single good
2) Profit of what? Unsuable coins? Here whalenet argument speaks to me more
3) Repeating 1) and 2)

I like the argument of cooperation, but what I see here is rather not understanding of people needs. That's why I have doubts in this project.

Again, what people and also business needs need is:

1. a) single good coin, b) extremly safe, c) user friendly coin, d) pretty design
2. a) mobile wallet and b) messagin platform, c) maybe other features like cloud storage

What people dont need is lots of coins and technology around they dont understand. They just want to make money transfer and pay for some goods easily.

Thanks for your answer. Don't get me wrong with Haters but the positive things come really too short here.

Profit Sharing Applications mean that there are Applications in the Pipeline which have Real World use and which will hopefully be used by people for money. That means this Blocknet is sustainable and can make its on profit. This is not like "ok lets throw coins together and we share the features" , the Devs have in my opinion already a nice Roadmap.

Every Coin brings its puzzle into that. And as I said SWIFT as a strong coin or Fibre as a strong coin would not be involved in this here when there is no sense.

Its all about execution in the end and I trust most of the Devs, I dont know all and I cannot speak about all here. If they get it "easy" , "usefull" and "real world adopted" then Blocknet can be really succesful.

synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 10:24:06 AM

I would like to apologise for the inclusion of the "Reasons to buy Blocknet shares" paragraph in the OP.

It was not intended as investment advice, but rather as a cursory summation of fundamentals.

It has now been removed.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Revelation

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:25:50 AM

I'm gonna watch this and decide what I shall do but the way it's worded/described it seems too good to be true... but please prove me wrong & provide me some incentive.

"a gain in price of 450% can be expected after the ITO"

Like MAGIC.  Wink

All you have to do is say Alakazam and Bazinga at the same time and the 450% occurs.

Pretty much. Add a little bit of clairvoyant time travel and you'll be there.

No-one knows how long it'll take to appreciate that much. But its fundamentals imply that a successful implementation will be worth something like that amount.

You don't know this, please do not make these statements. There is no fair market value for crypto features, the value is demand driven. Demand will probably have to come from the same group of investors that are already invested in participating coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: