Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:00:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103265 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 04:02:30 PM

You can 'hear hear' all you want but also "- BlockNET real value SHOULD equate the total combined value of every coin, mathematically, practically is another story, but still there is not promise out there" is idiotic.

It's not like you take-over each of the participating coins and their intrinsic value becomes Blocknets value. This is just plain retarded. You're just trying to copy Supernet's idea and try to make some money in between. At least Supernet's assets are backed by a 10% buy in, which DOES give it an intrinsic value.

You are just talking crap about that Blocknet's value is derived by it's so called 'incredible utility'. This is fine and all but you need to prove that first. Stating that mathematically (or practically) the value should be equal to the combined value of the participating coins is just a complete SCAM where you try to screw people over by luring them with a fictional ROI.

And I'm not stating anything about the concept or the technology, I support that, but the way you try to make money is just, well... Shame on you...  Lips sealed

There are at least three fundamental differences between the Blocknet and Supernet:

- XBridge is not an RPC call protocol, it's a true P2P protocol
- There's no central or core currency, unlike SuperNET, which uses BTCD for this
- Joining the Blocknet does not involve 10% of a coin's money supply being bought and centrally controlled

Shame on you

I want to clarify, that although without some sort of tangible proof-of-concept I believe this is purely a vehicle for market manipulation, I also fully support this project and will be following it closely.  Grin

Personally I'd love some proof-of-concept code to be released prior to the ITO.

Part of the XBridge code is actually completed so this might be possible.

Regardless of that, the XBridge protocol is based on the Xnode protocol that XC uses. If anyone is worried about development talent or the ability to deliver, take a look at XC's timeline.

Now pool all the developer talent from all the participating coins.

This code will get nailed down good and proper.

I have to agree with mxxxxxx overall, However, I believe having one currency as the central core or group of currencies that compose the core would be better than, "There's no central or core currency, unlike SuperNET, which uses BTCD for this"

Keep in mind this statement isn't true. SuperNET doesn't rely on BTCD. BTCD is simply the flagship coin that offers the Teleport technology. SuperNET can be run standalone and will do that along with being embedded into the core coins wallets. SuperNET actually runs on the NXT blockchain

Hmm... thanks for that.

Brevity demanded a fairly inaccurate summary of SuperNET's centralisation. Perhaps I should try expand on it to refer to NXT too...

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 04:04:12 PM

I have to agree with mxxxxxx, a central core or group of currencies that compose the core however, might be best.

What advantages do you see in a centralised approach?

The Blocknet is open and democratic (non-centered) because it needs to be an open and indefinitely extensible framework.

After all, why go through a core currency network when all of them will work just fine?

I though of that after a while in the future(having a core group of currencies), in the blocknet would become diluted? If every currency was equal, then ones without features could be added and not provide any extra service that coins with features(XC) would provide. Also having a core woul act as an incentive o obtain those currencies.

Maybe it could go by a decentralized ranking system, where currencies that contribute the most are placed in a higher pecking order in the blocknet, solving the issue of incentive to buy those currencies and dilution?

Personally I'd just opt for a non-centered approach with good service-finding features (i.e. the equivalent of Google search for the Blocknet).

Works fine for the internet...

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 04:06:14 PM

You can 'hear hear' all you want but also "- BlockNET real value SHOULD equate the total combined value of every coin, mathematically, practically is another story, but still there is not promise out there" is idiotic.

It's not like you take-over each of the participating coins and their intrinsic value becomes Blocknets value. This is just plain retarded. You're just trying to copy Supernet's idea and try to make some money in between. At least Supernet's assets are backed by a 10% buy in, which DOES give it an intrinsic value.

You are just talking crap about that Blocknet's value is derived by it's so called 'incredible utility'. This is fine and all but you need to prove that first. Stating that mathematically (or practically) the value should be equal to the combined value of the participating coins is just a complete SCAM where you try to screw people over by luring them with a fictional ROI.

And I'm not stating anything about the concept or the technology, I support that, but the way you try to make money is just, well... Shame on you...  Lips sealed

There are at least three fundamental differences between the Blocknet and Supernet:

- There's no central or core currency, unlike SuperNET, which uses BTCD for this
- Joining the Blocknet does not involve 10% of a coin's money supply being bought and centrally controlled

Shame on you

I want to clarify, that although without some sort of tangible proof-of-concept I believe this is purely a vehicle for market manipulation, I also fully support this project and will be following it closely.  Grin

Regardless of that, the XBridge protocol is based on the Xnode protocol that XC uses. If anyone is worried about development talent or the ability to deliver, take a look at XC's timeline.

I have to agree with mxxxxxx overall, However, I believe having one currency as the central core or group of currencies that compose the core would be better than, "There's no central or core currency, unlike SuperNET, which uses BTCD for this"

Keep in mind this statement isn't true. SuperNET doesn't rely on BTCD. BTCD is simply the flagship coin that offers the Teleport technology. SuperNET can be run standalone and will do that along with being embedded into the core coins wallets. SuperNET actually runs on the NXT blockchain

Hmm... thanks for that.

Brevity demanded a fairly inaccurate summary of SuperNET's centralisation. Perhaps I should try expand on it to refer to NXT too...

Brevity is not excuse when you're asking for $1,000,000.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 04:07:02 PM

Shame on you

Hmm... thanks for that.

Brevity is not excuse when you're asking for $1,000,000.

Ha ha. Neither would a clunky and inordinately long essay. ;-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Revelation

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 04:24:08 PM

Interested in buying in with a supported currency. How will those currencies have a 10% discount if tokens are just sold on Bittrex?

Prices of participating coins fluctuate relative to BTC. If Token/BTC price will be fixed at 25k satoshi, how will you fix the rate between Token/participating_coin given that participating_coin/BTC fluctuates?
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 05:08:11 PM

Interested in buying in with a supported currency. How will those currencies have a 10% discount if tokens are just sold on Bittrex?

Prices of participating coins fluctuate relative to BTC. If Token/BTC price will be fixed at 25k satoshi, how will you fix the rate between Token/participating_coin given that participating_coin/BTC fluctuates?

When tokens are available, coin pricing will become relative to the token's price.

While this won't lock the coins' prices absolutely, the potential for arbitrage will have the effect of converging prices relative to the token's price.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:16:54 PM

Wrong Blocknet is the Hosting.   

XC, Fibre, Swift and all other coins are the "APPLICATIONS"       .

Applications can make money.

Money can be shared.

Shareholders are Blocknet

Shareholders are Coins Participating

Shareholders are Maintenance Fees

That is my summary. And if I am honest I am looking forward to that. That gives a lot of possibilities.

For some newbies who don't understand Blocknet like me in the beginning.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 05:24:46 PM

Hey everyone, what if we called Blocknet tokens "blocks"?

(Ticker: BLOCK)

Opinions?

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
GBattaglia

Activity: 735
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:28:18 PM

Opinions?

That is a very long ticker. How about dropping it to BCK or similar?
braxx

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:32:15 PM

how about making it very short

BN

Smiley
mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:34:59 PM

Opinions?

It is good name, it should be connected to BlockNet and recognizable

And it is catchy

Krushang

Activity: 616
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 05:35:28 PM

Ticker: BNT

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░██░░░
██░░░░█░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░██
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░█░░░░██
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:37:24 PM

Ticker: BNT

how about making it very short

BN

Smiley

BNT and BN are taken Wink

Krushang

Activity: 616
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2014, 05:41:40 PM

What about BKN?

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░██░░░
██░░░░█░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░██████
██░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░██
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░█░░░░██
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
braxx

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:42:43 PM

I couldn't find both...
what coins are they refering too?
mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:44:36 PM

I couldn't find both...

BitcoinNew , BankNote

broseph

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:45:04 PM

how about BNET
braxx

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:47:22 PM

BLOX

Smiley
braxx

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:48:33 PM

I couldn't find both...

BitcoinNew , BankNote
totally overseen those Wink
G-Bert

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 05:50:53 PM

how about BNET

thats good I'd say, presuming its available...

XChat XJkVnYD4N4oSjNStgbAUD6UyWuBTWuMRgv
public key  fuYPYmK4Sj57PkU2NKg1gKW91euMKkstQPeeexUcxnb8
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: