Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:07:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103256 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 10:00:13 PM

- We're paying developers with them. This doesn't require selling them, it just requires paying developers with them. <---doesn't say the dev's are not dumping!

I think we're using a different definition of the term "dumping".

It's an emotive term generally used to describe selling a large amount - at the very least enough to depress the price.

Individual devs selling coins will not do that. They'd just "sell", not "dump".

Or they'd just *use* their coins through the Blocknet to pay for stuff. No dumping there under any definition.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
georgeblair

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 10:19:40 PM

I mentioned the blocknet as a proposed alternative to "pegged sidechains" for bitcoin on a reddit thread.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2k070h/enabling_blockchain_innovations_with_pegged

A criticism offered was that a full node and miners would have to keep track of every single blockchain. How will each node on different blockchains "keep up" with other blockchains?

Thanks, very excited about the potential of this!

synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 10:48:04 PM

I mentioned the blocknet as a proposed alternative to "pegged sidechains" for bitcoin on a reddit thread.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2k070h/enabling_blockchain_innovations_with_pegged

A criticism offered was that a full node and miners would have to keep track of every single blockchain. How will each node on different blockchains "keep up" with other blockchains?

Thanks. Interesting perspective.

Miners aren't necessary in a PoS blockchain.

As for the matter of having to keep track of every single blockchain, that's not really true.
- the issue is that you'd need a way to tell that the other party has paid you, and vice versa
- since you're not on the other chain, you can't tell whether the other party has paid.
- so a decentralised exchange service could, say, set up an atomic group_sig (m-of-m) transaction between buyer and seller, and the two payments would happen as one indivisible contract.
- the chain that the exchange is built on would record this (this chain need not even be the chain of one of the coins in the tx)
- and your wallet would track this chain.

Done (hypothetically. I'm just riffing here; haven't heard from the devs yet).

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
ASICHEAD

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:00:06 PM

CoinGateway will handle the majority of coins.

So does this mean if we buy blocknet with XC on coingateway, that coingateway then DUMPS the XC into the market and the XC price crashes??

How is the XC exchange rate calculated?Huh?

No.

The Blocknet Foundation keeps the coins to fund development.

No coins are dumped. This is in the FAQ under the OP.

why currently XC and other coins of Blocknet were dump?
Is it not  to get more BTC in ITO?
I think it is

▄███▄
███████▄
██████▀██▄
█████▄  ▀██▄
████▀  ▄  ▀██▄
███▄ ▄██▀   ▀
██████▀  ▄█▄
███████▄█████▄
███████████████▄
████████████████▀
█████████▀
███████▀
 ▀███▀
Safein     
.M A K E   I S I M P L E.
A   R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   W A Y   T O   P A Y   O N L I N E
[WHITEPAPER]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████▀░░░░░▐████
███████████████░░░░░░░▐████
██████████████▌░░░▐████████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░▐█████
▀█████████████▌░░░▐███████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████▀███████▀░░░▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌░░▀▀███▌░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▄░░░░░░░▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░░░███████
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄░█▀░░░░░░█████████
█████████▌▐░░░░░░░█████████
██████████░▄██▄░░██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
A
▬▬

█▄▄
██████▄▄
██████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀
██████████████▀▀
██████████▀▀
██████▀▀
█▀▀
.GET IT ON               
Google Play
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:14:29 PM

Synechist.......I don't know how in the hell you are keeping up with all this man!  I struggled to stay updated on the XC thread alone, now these multiple threads.....I just can't keep up with reading them:-)
Conurtrol

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:15:52 PM

Synechist.......I don't know how in the hell you are keeping up with all this man!  I struggled to stay updated on the XC thread alone, now these multiple threads.....I just can't keep up with reading them:-)

+1. Yeoman's work
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 11:18:52 PM

+1. Yeoman's work

Minimal sleep. Personal neglect. Alas.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
MiningMinion

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:45:30 PM

+1. Yeoman's work

Nonetheless, great job on staying on top of everything!
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 11:50:36 PM

+1. Yeoman's work

Haha, me too and I still can't keep up lol:-)
zrunfeng

Activity: 585

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 12:13:59 AM

good,i will in
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196

Fibre Knight

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:00:44 AM

Sir Synechist,

Charlie Shrem is saying ALT coins are dead with the new whitepaper on Sidechains. Care to respond to his comments on twitter? If ALT are dead, will the Blocknet host the Sidechains or the other way around Wink

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:12:24 AM

Sir Synechist,

Charlie Shrem is saying ALT coins are dead with the new whitepaper on Sidechains. Care to respond to his comments on twitter? If ALT are dead, will the Blocknet host the Sidechains or the other way around Wink

Charlie Shrem was convicted of unlicensed transactions as well as using bitcoin to trade Drugs on silkroad. He's in the same field as Bob Pierce, the alleged child molester. Those former(shrem) and current(pierce) members of the bitcoinfoundation are the last people on earth to listen to.
Conurtrol

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:16:13 AM

Sir Synechist,

They are going to clone all the innovative alts and make sidechains based on them. The monopoly power of bitcoin will be used to push adoption of these clones and destroy the originals. So they will not only be stealing innovation and destroying equity, their plan will also have a chilling effect on future innovation in this space. Why would a brilliant person develop a new coin only to have it stolen by the monopoly? A sane alternative would be the blocknet, where everyone is free to innovate and compete, but try telling that to bitcoiners.
LAHAINA

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:45:10 AM

Looking Forward To The BlockNet 'Build-Out' . . .

Thanks. Interesting perspective.

Miners aren't necessary in a PoS blockchain.

As for the matter of having to keep track of every single blockchain, that's not really true.
- the issue is that you'd need a way to tell that the other party has paid you, and vice versa
- since you're not on the other chain, you can't tell whether the other party has paid.
- so a decentralised exchange service could, say, set up an atomic group_sig (m-of-m) transaction between buyer and seller, and the two payments would happen as one indivisible contract.
- the chain that the exchange is built on would record this (this chain need not even be the chain of one of the coins in the tx)
- and your wallet would track this chain.

Done (hypothetically. I'm just riffing here; haven't heard from the devs yet).
They are going to clone all the innovative alts and make sidechains based on them. The monopoly power of bitcoin will be used to push adoption of these clones and destroy the originals. So they will not only be stealing innovation and destroying equity, their plan will also have a chilling effect on future innovation in this space. Why would a brilliant person develop a new coin only to have it stolen by the monopoly? A sane alternative would be the blocknet, where everyone is free to innovate and compete, but try telling that to bitcoiners.

Interesting Read, Great Dialogue . . .
 Cool

Yes I CANN = Cbz19GvGqdYRM5CaA7WqxaGP8zmzuTQr1T

CAPT = CQju4V5qhVoQ8TKdMWD1DbmeYbFY74CMF6  ☼  BLOCK = BcEJPXyQQMcyK7QJGW7Fw6ECemyYBqJFPH
zrunfeng

Activity: 585

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:56:06 AM

all are picture,no word
Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:02:36 AM

Sir Synechist,

That...That actually makes sense. If Bitcoin sidechains do happen, then there would be no incentive for further innovation to happen in the cryptocurrency world. Blocknet would probably be the solution to that, a way out of the Bitcoin monopoly.
CohibAA

Activity: 223
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 03:24:33 AM

I think sidechains are a potentially brilliant evolution of bitcoin, and, in turn, altcoin devs will have to evolve to work their ideas in a sidechain, or find an even better case and application for their altcoins.  

Of course, it could go either way.  The sidechain coding could just fail, I believe it is more concept than anything at this point.  If it succeeds, it may be rejected by a majority of the mining community or devs when that debate resolves, which would effectively kill it.  

In any case, I hope sidechains do become a reality at some point, as much as I've enjoyed the altcoin ride.

edit: I found this article interesting regarding sidechains, for those interested, although it is from april.

The debating is starting to heat up:
http://insidebitcoins.com/news/blockstream-releases-highly-anticipated-sidechains-white-paper/25623

AltCoinBuddah

Activity: 161

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:31:23 AM

Sir Synechist,

That...That actually makes sense. If Bitcoin sidechains do happen, then there would be no incentive for further innovation to happen in the cryptocurrency world. Blocknet would probably be the solution to that, a way out of the Bitcoin monopoly.

If Bitcoin was added to the blocknet it would gain all those features without risk to its self. It would be epic!
BTC-Ninja

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:34:27 AM

If Bitcoin was added to the blocknet it would gain all those features without risk to its self. It would be epic!

This would be epic!
Everething

Activity: 67

Futurest

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 04:26:14 AM

Can anyone point me in the direction of the rules regarding buying the blocknet tokens with a currency like XC.  I'm thinking what's the deal with purchasing them if you can purchase them with multiple currencies?

Thanks for any help
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: