Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:48:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103258 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
onemorebtc

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:52:56 AM

well btc is a special case . as i understand there are several third party btc wallets so one with the xbridge enabled could be build. regarding finding . the internet doesn't stop with blocknet arrival. this is getting started and a p2p google is a great vision btw but traditional vehicles of marketing your services available on the blocknet will still be used specially in the beginning.

i dont talk about wallets i talk about the blockchain - if there is no modification to the blockchain needed this means i can make a new btc wallet which i use solely and provide a btc exchange to blocknet...

only question (for me) is: how is this trustless? afaik you need atomic transactions: how do you enforce them when you dont have blockchain support?
again.. i NEED more technical infos...

transfer 3 onemorebtc.k1024.de 1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
onemorebtc

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:02:49 AM

well btc is a special case . as i understand there are several third party btc wallets so one with the xbridge enabled could be build. regarding finding . the internet doesn't stop with blocknet arrival. this is getting started and a p2p google is a great vision btw but traditional vehicles of marketing your services available on the blocknet will still be used specially in the beginning.

let me rephrase that question: the internet has ip addresses and http as a well defined protocol to reach services.

what has blocknet in this regard?
i think its an easy question: blocknet is for services: so please tell me how i would implement one?

is it also like coins that the blocknet foundation has a say if i am able to publish it? (thats a little like amazon is needed to allow a walmart onlone shop)

hoertest

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:05:01 AM

They're certainly not an XBridge that can integrate every *existing* blockchain. What's a better plan: integrate every existing blockchain, or persuade every altcoin to scrap its blockchain, its community, and its market cap, rewrite itself as a sidechain, and play tag-along to the Bitcoin Foundation? Easy one, that.

is it true that blocknet can integrate every blockchain? i thought its the other way around: a coin has to join?

The XBridge will be open source tech. Anyone can add it to their code.

The plan is to create an internet of blockchains; therefore the architecture we create will be indefinitely extensible and not centrally controlled.

However, at least initially (and potentially for the indefinite future) we also require that coins be ratified by the Blocknet Foundation. This is in order to exclude "scamcoins" and to make it unviable for them to compete against Blocknet-enabled coins.

that means central control: something the internet never had...

as the blocknet foundation mainly consists of developers of existing coins this means new coins would have a hard way to join

gotta agree with you there. some time down the road the ratification has to stop. it could still be in place for joining the foundation but the Xbridge itself should be at hand of every developer to build into his coin. once the blocknet has grown and an on blocknet free market of reputable competing coins is established scamcoins would have a hard time anyway winning over traffic or creating buypressure for themselfs on the blocknet. But competition on the blocknet is crucial and since there are already various anon coins on blocknet from the getgo i think they share this view.

You wanna create buypressure on the blocknet you have to get alot of cross use and generate fees. by so you also become an attractive long term hold.
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:05:09 AM

let me rephrase that question: the internet has ip addresses and http as a well defined protocol to reach services.

i think its an easy question: blocknet is for services: so please tell me how i would implement one?

is it also like coins that the blocknet foundation has a say if i am able to publish it? (thats a little like amazon is needed to allow a walmart onlone shop)

You will need a blockchain service to be imbedded in the block-net , hence a new coin. It is not web 3.0

Edit: so Am I wrong here?

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 11:05:53 AM

The protocol for Blocknet services is the XBridge protocol.

There'll be an API, a generalised application platform, and a marketplace for finding services.

Services will not need ratification by the foundation. Only coins will.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:06:57 AM

They're certainly not an XBridge that can integrate every *existing* blockchain. What's a better plan: integrate every existing blockchain, or persuade every altcoin to scrap its blockchain, its community, and its market cap, rewrite itself as a sidechain, and play tag-along to the Bitcoin Foundation? Easy one, that.

is it true that blocknet can integrate every blockchain? i thought its the other way around: a coin has to join?

The XBridge will be open source tech. Anyone can add it to their code.

The plan is to create an internet of blockchains; therefore the architecture we create will be indefinitely extensible and not centrally controlled.

However, at least initially (and potentially for the indefinite future) we also require that coins be ratified by the Blocknet Foundation. This is in order to exclude "scamcoins" and to make it unviable for them to compete against Blocknet-enabled coins.

that means central control: something the internet never had...

as the blocknet foundation mainly consists of developers of existing coins this means new coins would have a hard way to join

gotta agree with you there. some time down the road the ratification has to stop. it could still be in place for joining the foundation but the Xbridge itself should be at hand of every developer to build into his coin. once the blocknet has grown and an on blocknet free market of reputable competing coins is established scamcoins would have a hard time anyway winning over traffic or creating buypressure for themselfs on the blocknet. But competition on the blocknet is crucial and since there are already various anon coins on blocknet from the getgo i think they share this view.

You wanna create buypressure on the blocknet you have to get alot of cross use and generate fees. by so you also become an attractive long term hold.

Exactly this can be resolved simply by letting join all the coins that want to join the blocknet and then the fundation will then mark them as reputable of trust or not. that's it. the customer than can differ scam coins from others and no centralized control

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
onemorebtc

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:07:31 AM

You will need a blockchain service to be imbedded in the block-net , hence a new coin. It is not web 3.0

a new coin for every feature?
we are back to exchange risks and slippage... for every service...?

synechist said that services dont need an exchange to get used. which is true?

onemorebtc

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:08:45 AM

Exactly this can be resolved simply by letting join all the coins that want to join the blocknet and then the fundation will then mark them as reputable of trust or not. that's it. the customer than can differ scam coins from others and no centralized control

still a little centralized (esp if you look at WHO is at the blocknet foundation - coindevs) but its ok - its a little like googles playstore vs amazons app store..

i can live with that

synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 11:09:44 AM

No, an indefinite number of services can be offered by any one coin.

Services can use a decentralised exchange if they want, but it's not compulsory.

The question of slippage has been addressed already.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
hoertest

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:12:13 AM

as i understand it blocknet doesn't implement services. its just the summ of all coins and by so their nodes connected by enabling the xbridge. so if amazon is a coin in you example. the walmart shop would be another coin joining OR the amazon coin expanding its service by hosting shops on its blockchain. both is possible.

the Blocknet is not an entity . Its the joining coins offering services.
hoertest

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:15:56 AM

the blocknet doesn't have features. coins do. and attractive features will see more use than niche features so the will not all be used at the same rate. a new feature can come to blocknet through both an existing coin expanding its palette of a new unique coin joining.
onemorebtc

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:16:31 AM

as i understand it blocknet doesn't implement services. its just the summ of all coins and by so their nodes connected by enabling the xbridge. so if amazon is a coin in you example. the walmart shop would be another coin joining OR the amazon coin expanding its service by hosting shops on its blockchain. both is possible.

this contradicts what synechist was saying

Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:24:46 AM

hoertest isnt part of the XC team as far as I can see..
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 11:26:48 AM

OnemoreBTC, it is completely unethical to start a Blocknet FUD thread claiming that "Blocknet people don't give consistent answers" when the people answering your questions this morning aren't from the Blocknet (excepting me).

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
hoertest

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:27:07 AM

hoertest isnt part of the XC team as far as I can see..

no i'm not. just wanted to state how i unerstand the blocknet. don't get his problem. I i sounded like a team meber sorry but i don't see it that way. just was engaging in the conversation
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 11:29:07 AM

OnemoreBTC, it is completely unethical to start a Blocknet FUD thread claiming that "Blocknet people don't give consistent answers" when the people answering your questions this morning aren't from the Blocknet (excepting me).

You FUD thread claims there's an issue with slippage, but I've linked you to a post that in my opinion resolves any questions about slippage and shows that it's not an issue. Yet you have not discussed this with me at all.

What's your problem? You've made a hasty and shabby case and now want to try spread FUD.

Get out.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
onemorebtc

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:30:20 AM

1) you claimed and described using other coins features for a little fee: i told you this wont work

2) now its about services: you fail to deliever ANY technical infos about how to implement, find and use them

only thing left is the exchange between participating coins...
please provide technical infos (as you should have done weeks before your ipo start so people have a chance to check them)

so i really think you just want to scam. i am not unethical: proove me wrong and i will reedit my other thread - i dont have a problem to be wrong.

but there is a need to act fast because your ipo starts so damn fast

synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 11:30:32 AM

OnemoreBTC, I have deleted links to your FUD thread because, in my opinion, you have severely insufficient basis for starting that thread.

I ask you please to delete your thread and to discuss things respectfully here.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
onemorebtc

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:31:41 AM

OnemoreBTC, I have deleted links to your FUD thread because, in my opinion, you have severely insufficient basis for starting that thread.

I ask you please to delete your thread and to discuss things respectfully here.

as i said above: answer my question and i will happily remove it.

synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 11:38:19 AM

1) you claimed and described using other coins features for a little fee: i told you this wont work

- We have not discussed slippage. I linked you to my last post about it, but you haven't referred to it yet.

2) now its about services: you fail to deliever ANY technical infos about how to implement, find and use them

- Services aren't some new idea I've just introduced. Read the OP and the FAQ. It's not complicated.
- I have not delivered "technical infos" on implementing services because the application platform has not been created yet.

only thing left is the exchange between participating coins...
please provide technical infos (as you should have done weeks before your ipo start so people have a chance to check them)

- refer to the post I linked earlier and we can discuss it.
- the decentralised exchange has not been created yet, so the "technical infos" will not be code repos or something similar.

so i really think you just want to scam. i am not unethical: proove me wrong and i will reedit my other thread - i dont have a problem to be wrong.

- Starting a project with clear high-level information on what we're going to do,
- stating that we need funding to create this tech,
- and having am impressive track record of similar tech (XC's Xnode protocol, its ad hoc mesh networking, etc.),
does not constitute a scam, it constitutes a project in its early stages.

If you don't like the level of risk in our ITO, don't buy.
The level of risk is clear. We're not hiding anything about the early stage the project is at.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: