Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:29:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103258 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dankkk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:22:12 PM

So,
- Only using coingateway we have 10% of discounts?? We need use xc or any blocknet coin?
- The price of the coins we use will be determined at the time of investment or when the ITO ends?

thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
atcsecure

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 07:24:23 PM

All pumped up for tomorrow  Grin Is it a matter of hours for us to download the wallet?

The wallet will be released tomorrow morning when the ITO Launches at 5AM EST

Oh, I thought it would be available for download at some point today, to avoid tomorrow's download panic.
Will the wallet be available on the blocknet site only or will be uploaded at various 3rd party download sites?

Valid point, so I will make the wallet available tonight

Dan

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 07:25:42 PM

So,
- Only using coingateway we have 10% of discounts?? We need use xc or any blocknet coin?
- The price of the coins we use will be determined at the time of investment or when the ITO ends?

thanks

Any blocknet coin, and the price will be determined at the time of investment

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
dan7777777

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:26:11 PM

I thought the wallet would be available beforehand too. I asked many times and never once was it mentioned that it would only be available at the same time as the IPO.  I needed to know my wallet address before I went to work as the start time is 9.00am in the UK. I needed it tonight. Am still hoping for a PM from the team. Smiley

At what time can I create a wallet for the tokens on Bittrex and how do I do this?
mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:26:31 PM

According to ITO rules " Shares purchased using a participating coin will be sold at a 10% discount. "

How does this work?

You will be able to buy BlockNet tokens at a 10% discount with participating coins through Coingateway.net

For pricing, we'll pick prices of Blocknet tokens at the start time of the ICO based on a recent average (exact algorithm TBD). Then we'll deduct 10%, and put up a sell wall there.

Any discrepancies in price between coins will be arbitraged by traders, and so the market will converge on a 10% discount no matter what coin you use.

The value of participating currencies tracks the exchange rate of BLOCK. Any deviation up or down gives rise to arbitration opportunities between participating currencies, so their prices will all converge around their price relative to BLOCK.

Well i have BTC, LTC and Quark too bad they aren't part of the participating coins, i'll just buy some with BTC

Well , if you are interested in investing in BlockNet, i think you should research participating coins too, there is still time to get some

You will be able to earn additional revenues not only from fees/dividends from BlockNet shares but also from participating coins services on BlockNet

mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:29:26 PM

All pumped up for tomorrow  Grin Is it a matter of hours for us to download the wallet?

Oh, I thought it would be available for download at some point today, to avoid tomorrow's download panic.
Will the wallet be available on the blocknet site only or will be uploaded at various 3rd party download sites?

Dan

Great , thanks Dan

I thought the wallet would be available beforehand too. I asked many times and never once was it mentioned that it would only be available at the same time as the IPO.  I needed to know my wallet address before I went to work as the start time is 9.00am in the UK. I needed it tonight. Am still hoping for a PM from the team. Smiley

At what time can I create a wallet for the tokens on Bittrex and how do I do this?

Change of plans Smiley the wallet will be available tonight

Lyricz
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:31:06 PM

All pumped up for tomorrow  Grin Is it a matter of hours for us to download the wallet?

Dan

that sounds perfect, thanks
dan7777777

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:31:51 PM

All pumped up for tomorrow  Grin Is it a matter of hours for us to download the wallet?

Dan

Great , thanks Dan

Change of plans Smiley the wallet will be available tonight

Cool!  What time? Its already 7.30pm here in the UK.  Cheers!
xizmax

Activity: 527

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:31:59 PM

Dont you sell out on me, I havent accumulated nearly enough participating coins to get as much BLOCK as Id like Cheesy

BURST, your C:\urrency
Follow us on https://twitter.com/burstcoin_dev
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:33:13 PM

According to ITO rules " Shares purchased using a participating coin will be sold at a 10% discount. "

How does this work?

You will be able to buy BlockNet tokens at a 10% discount with participating coins through Coingateway.net

For pricing, we'll pick prices of Blocknet tokens at the start time of the ICO based on a recent average (exact algorithm TBD). Then we'll deduct 10%, and put up a sell wall there.

Any discrepancies in price between coins will be arbitraged by traders, and so the market will converge on a 10% discount no matter what coin you use.

The value of participating currencies tracks the exchange rate of BLOCK. Any deviation up or down gives rise to arbitration opportunities between participating currencies, so their prices will all converge around their price relative to BLOCK.

Well i have BTC, LTC and Quark too bad they aren't part of the participating coins, i'll just buy some with BTC

Well , if you are interested in investing in BlockNet, i think you should research participating coins too, there is still time to get some

You will be able to earn additional revenues not only from fees/dividends from BlockNet shares but also from participating coins services on BlockNet

Sure, any other coins that are on the list to be added?
mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:35:17 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2014, 07:49:24 PM by mxxxxxx

So,

thanks

You can use any of the participating coins XC, FIBRE, XCASH, XST ,LXC, SWIFT, APEX, UTIL, SSD, NHZ

The price will be determined at the time of investment

mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:47:13 PM

How does this work?

I would like definitely to see Xbridge implemented in BTC some day Smiley

BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 07:59:43 PM

How does this work?

How hard is it to implement other coin?
kingbtcvl

Activity: 202
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 08:05:48 PM

thanks for your answer. one last question concerning the pricing using the NHZ example again:
what does prevent a NHZ whale from pumping the BTC/NHZ price and putting a decent buy wall a few hours before the ito starts increasing its recent average such that the token/NHZ price will be determined to his favour and then selling a lot of NHZ for an awesome price. i mean the buyers of the NHZ wont have any disadvantages as in that case the token/NHZ price is determined so that they can buy the blocknet token for the 10% discount, so that they actually wont care about the high BTC/NHZ price.

What prevents whales pumping NHZ is that other whales could equally cause NHZ to dump, buy them cheap, and get more ITO tokens.

sorry, but it would not really make sense for a whale to dump NHZ with just the pure hope of panic sellers in order to get more NHZ to get more tokens. besides the fact that this is not even garuanteed to work out, simple considerations show that pumping would be a good option and dumping not really:
if a whale pumped the BTC/NHZ price then the NHZ/token price would decrease (as the BTC/token price is set to 2500 satoshi), which means the whale could buy much more token for his NHZ. whereas if a whale dumped the BTC/NHZ price (and bought back chepaer) he would not necesessarilly get more token because a lower BTC/NHZ price means a higher HHZ/token price.
mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 08:10:00 PM

How does this work?

How hard is it to implement other coin?

The XBridge will be open source tech. Anyone can add it to their code.

The plan is to create an internet of blockchains; therefore the architecture we create will be indefinitely extensible and not centrally controlled.

However, at least initially (and potentially for the indefinite future) we also require that coins be ratified by the Blocknet Foundation. This is in order to exclude "scamcoins" and to make it unviable for them to compete against Blocknet-enabled coins.

its a big difference... this for example essential means that btc will never join and therefor MANY coins cannot be exchanged.

Anyone could create a Blocknet-enabled BTC wallet.

mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 08:39:43 PM

How much fees BLOCK-holders do earn per token and when is this feature available?

Fees: service providers are free to set any fee they want for a service, and nodes that provide the service keep the fee.
In addition, service providers pay Blocknet fees, and it is this that is paid to shareholders.
This will be a microfee, but its value has not yet been set, due to the fact that we're not yet sure how many instances of Blocknet-fee-charging are likely to occur across a broad range of services. The idea is that a fee will be charged for a given function that the XBridge performs; certain services might require very small or very large numbers of functions, and we will first need to be able to model this before we can create fee structures that track both the cost to the Blocknet of delivering the service and the value of the service to clients.

Project schedule is included in latest update

dan7777777

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:22:29 PM

Any sign of the wallet yet? Going to bed in about 30 mins.
mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:25:49 PM

Any sign of the wallet yet? Going to bed in about 30 mins.

Not yet , Dan said tonight and i think he meant EST time zone

dan7777777

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:37:02 PM

O.K. will go to bed now and get up early. How do I set up a wallet on BITREX to keep my tokens in?
mxxxxxx
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:42:29 PM

O.K. will go to bed now and get up early. How do I set up a wallet on BITREX to keep my tokens in?

When you buy BlockNet tokens you will just see them at once in your Wallets tab , if you want to send your BlockNet tokens from Coingateway just create deposit address for BLOCK on Bittrex when it is available

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: