Bitcoin Forum
July 30, 2024, 11:29:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 ... 470 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure  (Read 1103270 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:14:47 PM

I'm not sure, but Mr. Obama would be mistaken if he were to think that the internet fell under US jurisdiction.

It's a continual source of bafflement to me that US institutions so often appear unaware of their merely national authority.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/feb/28/seven-people-keys-worldwide-internet-security-web

The internet as we know is placed in the US, it is way more centralized than most people know. This is why we need blockchain tech on a platform other than the big fiber lines infrastructure.

How could this happen.  Could websites be built inside the blocknet somehow? Web 3.0?

XC should commence developing its web 3.0 distributed content server very soon. It'll serve anything from webpages, ads, and personal files from XC nodes.

And of course any Blocknet-enabled node will be able to use this service.

So Is it web 3.0 coming before ReV3 Arlyn? Do not over promise please. We are still waiting for Rev2.5.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
infinitechaos

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:15:40 PM

No, I'm asking, why are people selling below cost? Is it a lack of confidence in Blocknet?

LOLZ

Popcorn in here this morning!

You're a hero member, Oldminer, and you're asking why people are selling below cost? This can't be your first rodeo.

I'd say it has nothing to with the level of confidence in BlockNET.

Take me for example.

I bought a fair amount of BLOCK during the ITO as an investor because I value the project and wanted to facilitate its development. The only way I could help ensure BlockNET's development was to buy during the ITO and so I did.

After the ITO ended and trading began, I put my trader hat on.

And with my trader hat on, I recognized that almost all ITOs fall below ITO price at some point - most right away, sometimes others rise first on hype, then fall. BlockNET did not have much hype behind it after the ITO and so I dumped without much regard for my initial investment.

The post-ITO dump is for accumulation after all and that is what I and I'm sure others are doing as we wait for development to pick up the pace. I've now both supported development by participating in the ITO and I've also accumulated 30% more tokens trading through the dumps.

Now, y'all, quit bickering about the price. I'm almost out of popcorn.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
Revelation

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:16:14 PM

I'm not sure, but Mr. Obama would be mistaken if he were to think that the internet fell under US jurisdiction.

It's a continual source of bafflement to me that US institutions so often appear unaware of their merely national authority.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/feb/28/seven-people-keys-worldwide-internet-security-web

The internet as we know is placed in the US, it is way more centralized than most people know. This is why we need blockchain tech on a platform other than the big fiber lines infrastructure.

How could this happen.  Could websites be built inside the blocknet somehow? Web 3.0?

XC should commence developing its web 3.0 distributed content server very soon. It'll serve anything from webpages, ads, and personal files from XC nodes.

Great. Is there a thread here where I can read up on xc and web 3.0 a bit more?

Yes, XC's thread is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=630547.0

And the press release on the distributed content server is here: http://downloads.xc-official.com/images/14-08-22%20XC%20pioneers%20Web%203.0%20with%20blockchain-based%20content%20delivery.pdf

Ads in the blockchain has been developed by CraigsCoin. Why don't you add it to the BlockNet?
synechist (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 02:19:04 PM

So Is it web 3.0 coming before ReV3 Arlyn? Do not over promise please. We are still waiting for Rev2.5.

As far as I'm aware this is the plan.

Be aware though that it is not "web 3.0" in total, it's a distributed content server, which is a web 3.0 concept. It'll be years before the internet in general becomes "web 3.0."

(Also, bear in mind the difference between "promises" (i.e. firm commitments) and prospective outlooks ("should", "probably", etc.), and try to keep your expectations in proportion to them. I know you're very keen to see new XC tech - and that's great - but you run the risk of frustrating yourself needlessly.)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 02:21:02 PM

And the press release on the distributed content server is here: http://downloads.xc-official.com/images/14-08-22%20XC%20pioneers%20Web%203.0%20with%20blockchain-based%20content%20delivery.pdf

Ads in the blockchain has been developed by CraigsCoin. Why don't you add it to the BlockNet?

Maybe. I don't know...

That doesn't sound like a good idea though. A blockchain is not the sort of thing to store content. Imagine the bloat!

Content should be indexed in the blockchain and stored, encrypted, on the local storage accessible to multiple nodes in such a way that not even the nodes know what they're storing.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Revelation

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:25:10 PM

Maybe. I don't know...

That doesn't sound like a good idea though. A blockchain is not the sort of thing to store content. Imagine the bloat!

Content should be indexed in the blockchain and stored, encrypted, on the local storage accessible to multiple nodes in such a way that not even the nodes know what they're storing.

Only text is stored. Bloat becomes an issue as a long-term solution, however the tech is already there. Why develop new from scratch if you can develop the existing one?
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:30:09 PM

How could this happen.  Could websites be built inside the blocknet somehow? Web 3.0?

As far as I'm aware this is the plan.

Be aware though that it is not "web 3.0" in total, it's a distributed content server, which is a web 3.0 concept. It'll be years before the internet in general becomes "web 3.0."

(Also, bear in mind the difference between "promises" (i.e. firm commitments) and prospective outlooks ("should", "probably", etc.), and try to keep your expectations in proportion to them. I know you're very keen to see new XC tech - and that's great - but you run the risk of frustrating yourself needlessly.)

Distribute content server would be great to start to market Xmixers what XC already have and what should have been the biggest selling point if they would have brought revenue. we already have Xmixer technology that can bring in fees and this would be a great incentive for people to get Xmixers.

I know you have an Insider view on development and maybe you are not concerned the fact is that from the outside everything that we see it is a bit messy and I was expecting some tech released for XC and as well a clear date for Rev2.5. Lately it seems that Dan is developing things further away from the timeline and not focusing on deliver what was expected but I understand that he has reasons to do so. It seems you want to get into too many stuff toghether and want to release everything toghether.

Before till Xmixer release the releases where much more in line with the timeline and there were not so many underdelivered announcements. I think you should talk toghether and reconsider to rebuilt a new timeline stick to it with reasonable dates till Rev 3 and Deliver. Do not let Dan roam loose releasing random updates and making announcements that then he cannot fulfill it looks messy and it is frustrating to witness.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 02:41:18 PM

Maybe. I don't know...

Only text is stored. Bloat becomes an issue as a long-term solution, however the tech is already there. Why develop new from scratch if you can develop the existing one?

Good question, but it's not one I can answer since I'm not XC's dev and I also know nothing about Craigscoin. There are innumerable variables that could affect such a decision.

Will you ask the Craigscoin people to consider joining the Blocknet?

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:48:53 PM

Maybe. I don't know...

Good question, but it's not one I can answer since I'm not XC's dev and I also know nothing about Craigscoin. There are innumerable variables that could affect such a decision.

because competition fuels innovation. i would love to see craigscoin on blocknet and other similar ideas competing against each other. the xbridge will be open source anyway so its craigscoins and any other cois decision some point down the road to join or not . only the foundation spot will remain to be voted on.
i think you don't fully get what the blocknet is meant to be when its up and running . there won't be a one solution for every problem type coin conglomerate. the foundation will probably look like that and thats good. but every coin will have a shot at offering his service on blocknet and by so , if succesfull, probably gaining a foundation seat.

CraigsCoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

CraigsCoin Dev

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 03:48:22 PM

How could this happen.  Could websites be built inside the blocknet somehow? Web 3.0?

Maybe. I don't know...

Hello. I am CraigsCoin dev. Please allow me a few words about content stored in blockchain. I understand that blockchain is not suppose to store large amounts of data, but it still can store small text messages and links. Basically what CraigsCoin does - it allows every user to post short advertising message that will be stored within blockchain and can be viewed via online listing service. (see example at www.list.craigscoin.info). The message maximum length is not that big and will not have serious impact on the blockchain (in fact normal transactions will probably still fill 90% of the blockchain volume). Basically it is CraigsList packed in Blockchain. Anybody anywhere can use open-source web service to bring up local ad board, that is fully decentralized and absolutely can not be affected by any local laws or regulations. If your site taken down - someone else will bring up other. Or site owner can modify website to show only specific ads (for example only show ads from certain category, or language or location).

And the best part - the coin is 100% functional. The listing site is 100% open source and there is API that can be used by 3d party devs.  

I ♥ CraigsCoin!
hoertest

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:52:58 PM

Maybe. I don't know...

Hello. I am CraigsCoin dev. Please allow me a few words about content stored in blockchain. I understand that blockchain is not suppose to store large amounts of date, but it still can store small text messages and links. Basically what CraigsCoin does - it allows every user to post short advertising message that will be stored within blockchain and can be viewed via online listing service. (see example at list.craigscoin.info). The message maximum length is not that big and will not have serious impact on the blockchain (in fact normal transactions will probably still fill 90% of the blockchain volume). Basically it is CraigsList packed in Blockchain. Anybody anywhere can use open-source web service to bring up local ad board, that is fully decentralized and absolutely can not be affected by any local laws or regulations. If your site taken down - someone else will bring up other. Or site owner can modify website to show only specific ads (for example only show ads from certain category).

And the best part - the coin is 100% functional. The listing site is 100% open source and there is API that can be used by 3d party devs. 

would love to see this on blocknet, PLUS the XC content delivery approach and many other, let the net grow Smiley
CraigsCoin

CraigsCoin Dev

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 03:57:57 PM

Maybe. I don't know...

Hello. I am CraigsCoin dev. Please allow me a few words about content stored in blockchain. I understand that blockchain is not suppose to store large amounts of date, but it still can store small text messages and links. Basically what CraigsCoin does - it allows every user to post short advertising message that will be stored within blockchain and can be viewed via online listing service. (see example at list.craigscoin.info). The message maximum length is not that big and will not have serious impact on the blockchain (in fact normal transactions will probably still fill 90% of the blockchain volume). Basically it is CraigsList packed in Blockchain. Anybody anywhere can use open-source web service to bring up local ad board, that is fully decentralized and absolutely can not be affected by any local laws or regulations. If your site taken down - someone else will bring up other. Or site owner can modify website to show only specific ads (for example only show ads from certain category).

would love to see this on blocknet, PLUS the XC content delivery approach and many other, let the net grow Smiley

Yes I feel like CRAIG is a perfect candidate for BlockNet (especially because CRAIGs block chain tech is done and will not require hardforking/mandatory updates anytime soon). If there is something required from my side - I would love to answer any questions and support CRAIG integration.

I ♥ CraigsCoin!
devachelekar

Activity: 382

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:59:07 PM

Maybe. I don't know...

I think ads on blockchain is an unique feature that has been offered by craigscoin. Blocknet dev, plz consider this offer to join craigscoin to blocknet.........
Offcourse you can have your terms......but craigscoin has been alive there with unique feature of ads on blockchain....
CraigsCoin

CraigsCoin Dev

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 04:03:28 PM

Maybe. I don't know...

I think ads on blockchain is an unique feature that has been offered by craigscoin. Blocknet dev, plz consider this offer to join craigscoin to blocknet.........
Offcourse you can have your terms......but craigscoin has been alive there with unique feature of ads on blockchain....

Yes I'm kinda new to BlockNet but I love the idea and I will be glad to support CRAIGs-BlockNet integration.

I ♥ CraigsCoin!
hoertest

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:08:38 PM

good to see, whatever coin confident in his tec will benefit hugely from the advertising effect from blocknet no matter if similar coins compete on the network some time down the road.
mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:22:58 PM

Yes I feel like CRAIG is a perfect candidate for BlockNet (especially because CRAIGs block chain tech is done and will not require hardforking/mandatory updates anytime soon). If there is something required from my side - I would love to answer any questions and support CRAIG integration.

Welcome , great to see more and more want to join Blocknet Smiley

A question :

If, Blocknet project starts, are there any other coins which have said they want to be part of it ?

Yes, lots have. I get a lot of PMs. :-)

Once the Foundation's Board is in place, we'll establish procedures for ratifying coins. We'll also publish a  schedule of regular meetings, at which coins can propose to develop Blocknet-relevant technology and apply for funding.

At this stage, we'll be in a position to consider adding new coins to the Blocknet. May there be many!

racer2012

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:54:38 PM

I agree for craigcoin added
 Grin
Make blocknet more stronger value and security
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 04:57:46 PM

One question .....What is the difference between SuperNet and BlockNet  Shocked
synechist (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 05:04:36 PM

Quite a lot actually, though the differences are fairly technical. I've got about 3 pages worth of responses on that topic.

I'll try distil them into a new FAQ item soon.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 05:08:02 PM

They are different but also similar in some sense. That's why Blocknet is way undervalued at approx 1000BTC market cap with Supernet at 7000 BTC.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
Pages: « 1 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 ... 470 »
  Print  

Jump to: