Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:05:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XCurrency (XC) BlockNet community thread  (Read 29174 times)
URSAY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:38:22 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2015, 08:56:47 PM by URSAY

Why does this thread exist?  I started as a supporter and investor of XC before they even arrived at a logo.  As I started organizing information over time in an effort to help the team I saw that they didn't want my help and I started to understand why based on the information I was uncovering and assembling in the name of transparency.  More to come.

XC team endorsed thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=630547.0
BlockNet team endorsed thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829576.0

Basic timeline

12/14/2010?
Daniel R. Metcalf not guilty on a charge of driving under the influence of alcohol (second offense)
http://www.wickedlocal.com/article/20101214/News/312149752

2/1/2011
Daniel R. Metcalf
plymouthdeeds.org
Tax lien (MA) #0440 9000 4813
$14,039.46

01/03/2012
ATC Solutions LLC (ID #001068271) domestic LLC organized in Mass.
http://corp.sec.state.ma.us/CorpWeb/CorpSearch/CorpSummary.aspx?FEIN=001068271&SEARCH_TYPE=3

1/2/2013
Daniel R. Metcalf
plymouthdeeds.org
Tax lien (MA) #0440 9000 5922
$4,485.43

2/4/2014
Daniel R. Metcalf
plymouthdeeds.org
Tax lien (federal) serial #981157214
$67,531.52

5/8/2014
XCurrency launched

10/15/2014
BlockNet announced

10/29/2014 - 5 am EST
BlockNet ICO/ITO

11/17/2014
BlockNet Inc. (ID # 001152206) domestic profit corp. organized in Mass.
http://corp.sec.state.ma.us/CorpWeb/CorpSearch/CorpSummary.aspx?FEIN=001152206&SEARCH_TYPE=1
President:  Daniel R. Metcalf
Treasurer:  Daniel R. Metcalf
Secretary:  Melanie Metcalf
Director:  Melanie Metcalf

Commonwealth of Mass.  (Securities division) 800-269-5428

IRS Criminal Investigation 800-829-0433

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:48:49 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2014, 11:59:01 PM by rdnkjdi

Edit:  My reply wasn't on topic here (even though it was on the original thread where it gets deleted).

Much respect for trying to create actual discourse.  The ironic thing is that actual transparency vs salesmanship (closed sourced vs open sourced, unmoderated vs moderated, etc) might actually be the only thing that would help this project out.
qawzsx

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

NOT FUD! FACTS!

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:53:41 PM

how is this XC community thread you dumb ass? this is YOUR thread...
joebob999

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:57:09 PM

maybe he wants MORE than just a f**** circlejerk?

probably too much to ask from 95% of the people in XC.

My advice (FWIW) - if you own a lot of XC send Dan a date you'll be dumping if it isn't open sourced.  Because honestly if it isn't open sourced soon - & I mean REALLY soon.  It will fall (in my opinion) far enough that it won't recover.  The charts to me look like a slow bleed of the devteam / long time holders while trying extremely hard to keep some buying pressure by pumping with "releases" where no one can actually tell (from the code) what has been done.

Effective way to bleed the market out of as much btc as possible i suppose.
URSAY (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:57:23 PM

I've represented a bridge between the community and bitcoin businesses in the past.  It should not be so difficult to understand the same behavior going on currently.
Teka

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 11:58:48 PM

I would like to point out that this thread is in no way shape or form official which means that an unofficial tag needs to be added. It's technically not a community thread. I've amended the title in my reply to what I believe fits the purpose of this thread best.

OFFICAL THREAD:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=630547.0
Teka

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:00:01 AM

fud

I would like to point that similliar comments were made at the start. This my last post in this thread since I don't want to bump it anymore.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:00:19 AM

I would like to point out that this thread is in no way shape or form official which means that an unofficial tag needs to be added. It's technically not a community thread. I've amended the title in my reply to what I believe fits the purpose of this thread best.

This is what I love about these guys.  They think they own what people should be allowed to say about their product.  We should be forced to frame what we say in how THEY think it should be presented.

Free speech is lost on them.
URSAY (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:04:59 AM

OFFICAL THREAD:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=630547.0

I've added your official thread to the op.  Thanks for your input.  Smiley
mujecurejo

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:08:22 AM

I placed an order for your Tor cards on Aug. 10th.

More recently Dan said this...

Tor sticks coming (Delivery claimed sometime around Oct. 1st)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=630547.msg9042354#msg9042354

Now with little to no updates and the focus on BlockNet, I'm thinking about reversing payment if it's not already too late.  I would speak to Pay Pal first and then my credit card company.

Has xcmerch.com shipped anything?

The focus is on XC in general, Also we only accept cryptocurrencies.

Ah I see you may be right.  I paid you in BTC or XC.  Can you process a refund?

It surprises me that you're asking for a refund on an item that's not even late.

There was no official early-October release date for the XC TOR Stick.

In fact the official date of shipping is Rev 3.

And then we said we may well ship in advance of Rev 3.

So I don't understand your reasoning here...

On Oct. 1...

"an updated ISO is coming this week and then the tor sticks will ship

Dan"

I know you don't understand my reasoning and that's why I'm asking for a refund.  I am a loyal user and investor in XC.  Myself and other investors are disappointed with decisions the team is making.  We're disappointed that we are talked down to for no good reason.  We're disappointed that XC's first major feature, XChat, still does not work.  We're disappointed that you use keywords which grab attention from govt. agencies and puts our investment at risk.  We're disappointed that you keep talking about XC's groundbreaking features as though they are currently usable and available.  We're disappointed that we've invested in coins like Cache which we thought you were working with.  We're disappointed that the official XC messageboard is unfrequented by the XC team while thriving communities exist elsewhere in other eco-systems.  We're disappointed that this is closed source on a timeline because when a govt. agency potentially takes you down, we have no code to assure continued development of the platform.  We're disappointed with missed deadlines that were self imposed.  We're disappointed that this is looking more and more like a cloak thread (which Dan was going to potentially review recently for 3 btc + cloak).  We're disappointed with project after project that is announced with only 1 dev to handle it all.  We're disappointed with news announcements that deliver nothing and talk about broad ideas and future concepts.  Some have had very bad experiences with Jasinlee.  Generally we're just tired of poor decision making which we have no part of.  This is a competitive market.  Other coins are delivering and allowing the community to take part in that process of organic growth.  I know I've been very critical of XC but many investors have similar legitimate concerns and they seem to be overlooked again and again and/or labeled as FUD.  Many are now looking for an exit.  Maybe your exit was already planned and is working well.  That could explain the one month chart and the lack of concern for legal, the community, and actual deliverables.

We're disappointed that you called XChat XChat, because there is an IRC client called XChat (http://xchat.org/), and we're disappointed that you cloned XChat from Cinni or some other crypto and tried to take credit. We're disappointed that nothing seems to happen here.

I would have liked to have seen the completion of Rev3 and XChat followed by some serious independent code reviews before starting blocknet. I think those things would have increased exposure and adoption in a more organic way.

Maybe Halcyon dev could review the code?

Yea it seems only Dan knows halycon dev?

So it seems he got his refund, however that doesn't mean that any coding is actually happening
URSAY (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:22:52 AM

So it seems he got his refund

No refund yet.
atcsecure

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 12:24:26 AM

My responses are inline below

I know you don't understand my reasoning and that's why I'm asking for a refund.  I am a loyal user and investor in XC.  Myself and other investors are disappointed with decisions the team is making.

We're disappointed that we are talked down to for no good reason.  We're disappointed that XC's first major feature, XChat, still does not work.  

* XChat does have a stable release that does work, granted group chat functionality is not in that release

We're disappointed that you use keywords which grab attention from govt. agencies and puts our investment at risk.

* This point was taken a while back and fully discussed and I fully agree

We're disappointed that you keep talking about XC's groundbreaking features as though they are currently usable and available.

* On the testing release's yes this possible, however both features [outside of group chat] do work and the ad-hoc mixer technology is groundbreaking

We're disappointed that we've invested in coins like Cache which we thought you were working with.

* I'm disappointed in this as well, but this is a separate matter all together

We're disappointed that this is closed source on a timeline because when a govt. agency potentially takes you down, we have no code to assure continued development of the platform.  

* we are in the process of opening sourcing the code once it is ready - however if this is your major concern, the source code is in the hands of multiple people besides myself already

We're disappointed with missed deadlines that were self imposed.

* yes I think everybody is disappointed with missed deadlines

We're disappointed that this is looking more and more like a cloak thread (which Dan was going to potentially review recently for 3 btc + cloak).  We're disappointed with project after project that is announced with only 1 dev to handle it all.

* I've already stated I'm no longer due any more code reviews

We're disappointed with news announcements that deliver nothing and talk about broad ideas and future concepts.

* Meanwhile though continued updates have come out and the mobile wallet will be testing shortly, so I disagree

Some have had very bad experiences with Jasinlee.  Generally we're just tired of poor decision making which we have no part of.  
* myself included

Dan

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
atcsecure

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 12:25:01 AM

No refund yet.

For who? PM the details

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
atcsecure

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 12:25:54 AM

So it seems he got his refund, however that doesn't mean that any coding is actually happening

No, but the almost daily software release's do show that coding is actually happening.

atcsecure

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 12:31:14 AM

No refund yet.

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/72b83d2bc4ee75556666647dc6abad779f9aa1dd12f45e372114ecaf62ef0653

thats the refund I sent

joebob999

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:37:18 AM

It does work, and its not open source for several reasons, including the fact it is the most advanced mixer technology on the marketplace and would be cloned immediately...

Please dont call it the "most advanced mixer technology" when its closed source. If you want that title, open source it, have it scrutinized and present your case to the community.

Its claims like this that make investors run away.

Here's a great example.  Maybe you have the most advanced mixer WHO the hell KNOWS?  And how do you think you can make that claim?

I'm sure this will be deleted in the main thread ... it's like saying "I have the hottest wife in the world but you can't see her"

Everybody thinks *yeah right*

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/009/993/tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p.jpg
atcsecure

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 12:42:39 AM

It does work, and its not open source for several reasons, including the fact it is the most advanced mixer technology on the marketplace and would be cloned immediately...

Please dont call it the "most advanced mixer technology" when its closed source. If you want that title, open source it, have it scrutinized and present your case to the community.

Here's a great example.  Maybe you have the most advanced mixer WHO the hell KNOWS?  And how do you think you can make that claim?

I'm sure this will be deleted in the main thread ... it's like saying "I have the hottest wife in the world but you can't see her"

Yes you can see it right here

http://imgur.com/h8rFt5U

mujecurejo

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 12:43:33 AM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/009/993/tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p.jpg

my wife is hotter..

No, but the almost daily software release's do show that coding is actually happening.

what software releases?

The vaporware?
URSAY (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:11:36 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 08:25:30 PM by URSAY

I just got back from picking up dinner and was about to respond with Dan's October releases to the above post.  Then I noticed I was banned from the official XCurrecny thread.  Wow.  It's getting harder and harder to have an objective view when the XC team is becoming more and more unreasonable.

Lets be clear.  I've suggested that I'd like to discuss multiple issues with the team outside of a public forum both on irc and in the forums.  When this resulted in silence and a continuation of "issues" I started these discussions in public.  This resulted in multiple bans on my account.

I still have no plans to ban anyone here.  This thread is open for discussion.

[EDIT]  It was not be a ban...they just deleted 3 of my posts.  My mistake.
joebob999

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 01:23:23 AM

Damn dude.  That's pretty insane.  I've seen you do nothing but post slightly concerned alternate opinions.

Got a feeling they're getting desperate - I don't know why but I'm almost convinced they are.  If i was a betting man - I'd say they used the blocknet announcements to buy up worthless coins before adding them to the blocknet list then dump

XC has dumped like 20% since the announcement and I just have this gut feeling that someone out there could knock it down 50%.  

The problem is there are no buyers for closed sourced anon.  There is too much competition.  the reality is that if there is legit code - the danger is MUCH MORE of becoming obsolete / having the shit dumped out of you than being cloned.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: