Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 01:42:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: XCurrency (XC) BlockNet community thread  (Read 29181 times)
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 08:22:14 PM

That's because the coin supply was cut dramatically when PoW ended early, price spiked in relation.  Here is a link from the original thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=600706.msg6617723#msg6617723

Ah so basically a few people got in back when total supply was going to be 16 - 33 mil - but the supply changed to 5 - 6 million & that's the price spike.
URSAY (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 08:32:56 PM

I also have some inside information about who is controlling Dan now, but I'll keep that to myself.

Perhaps you can say, is this a matter of proving a percentage of market holdings to have a more weighted opinion?

Yea it was poorly worded... I should have said I know now what whales he listens to.

Can you mention what these whales want to happen or discuss what they may be suggesting are priorities?
Aristophanes

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:18:03 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2014, 09:29:29 PM by Aristophanes

I also have some inside information about who is controlling Dan now, but I'll keep that to myself.

Perhaps you can say, is this a matter of proving a percentage of market holdings to have a more weighted opinion?

Yea it was poorly worded... I should have said I know now what whales he listens to.

Can you mention what these whales want to happen or discuss what they may be suggesting are priorities?

A whale's priority is always the same... create perceived value and profit off it. I don't think they all just log into a chat room and have a meeting haha.. For one to profit more another has to profit less... so while some may collude.. there is always incentive to reneg and dump first. I held enough XC to be considered an XC whale, but I got banned from the thread for voicing my views in a satirical manner.

If you have been following XC for a while you would know that there has been no buy support (AKA no one to dump on). This blocknet thing is a pathetic attempt to create it. I actually should thank them, because it is allowing me to exit XC.

This new network of coins thing is the next flavor of the month to attract the sheep. SuperNet and Atomic already exist.

XC can very well still get pumped, but I'm not taking the chance. I'll buy back in when all the cheerleaders start crying and panic sell.

O and if people aren't crying, it means the price definitely isn't low enough yet ;p
URSAY (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 09:35:41 PM

A whale's priority is always the same

Generally, across all coins and industries, some whales are more concerned with the development of technology and being able to use that tech for the greater good more so then the short term financials.  Potential financial profit motivates many but not all.
tat123

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 10:39:41 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2014, 10:52:46 PM by tat123

A whale's priority is always the same... create perceived value and profit off it. I don't think they all just log into a chat room and have a meeting haha.. For one to profit more another has to profit less... so while some may collude.. there is always incentive to reneg and dump first. I held enough XC to be considered an XC whale, but I got banned from the thread for voicing my views in a satirical manner.

If you have been following XC for a while you would know that there has been no buy support (AKA no one to dump on). This blocknet thing is a pathetic attempt to create it. I actually should thank them, because it is allowing me to exit XC.

This new network of coins thing is the next flavor of the month to attract the sheep. SuperNet and Atomic already exist.

XC can very well still get pumped, but I'm not taking the chance. I'll buy back in when all the cheerleaders start crying and panic sell.

O and if people aren't crying, it means the price definitely isn't low enough yet ;p

"If you have been following XC for a while you would know that there has been no buy support" (AKA no one to dump on).

Well... I have been following XC every single day for the past 5 months, so I have a question. No buy support? When MP was running, there was always enough buys to absorb a dump. You could of dumped 20,000 coins at anytime and the price would of remained above 100k. When MP went down, so did the liquidity. Why would you wait, when you could of dumped on MP?

What I am interested in, is your claim of insider information. Did Bobsurplus tell you that? Or did Pookie tell you this? Probably the latter... right pookie? Always posturing how many XC you have. You stated that all coins which reveal their Anon get dumped because they turn out to be vapor. So why hold a big bag of XC if they are closed source? You are contradicting yourself. Oh... right. XC had the high moral ground. Now they are a bunch of scammers after all the work they have done? Dan has delivered time and time again, but now after all the work he has done, he is a scammer who listens to whales? Hmmm. Dan has proved his worth, how about you prove yours by providing evidence of him being manipulated by whales?  
tat123

Activity: 261

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 12:04:23 AM

I said I wouldn't reveal my info.. that is the nature of insider info.. I won't get anymore if I'm seen blurting it out. I'm honestly doing you a favor with that warning.

Believe what you want to believe, I can only help connect the dots for you. Any investor knows that when good news comes out and the price drops in response its a VERY bad sign.

Good luck to you sir.

Lmao! I have no idea why you PM me. But I believe in transpararency, so I have posted your comment.

The very fact that you mentioned insider information on a public forum should constitute a backlash from your sources. They don't care about you dropping names... they care about the execution of the plan. The plan you revealed on a open forum. Oops!

Good luck to you sir.
Aristophanes

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:26:58 AM

Lol. you are ridiculous.

I private messaged you, because you commented about me in a thread where I am banned (before you wrote your replies here). It seemed like the appropriate thing to do.

The walls were always far lower than the actual price, so running my bot to gradually sell off would have always been better. I didn't dump, because at the time I had faith in XC. Those walls couldn't absorb anyone selling off on the top of the rich list.

Regarding Dan delivering... I keep hearing this. I don't get it?? I keep seeing Rev this and that released. Yes he has coded stuff and made a decent looking wallet.. but he hasn't delivered anything of value until that anon source code gets released. If its released and it is 100% working trustless anon, then yes he delivered.  That is all any real crypto investor gives a shit about. We are not in it to gamble and play the stupid pump game... where only the coin owners win.

The coins that XC has now grouped themselves with are run by people who have run scam coins with promises of anon features in the past. Those systems all had similar claims and bullshit graphics that proved anonymity. EXACTLY the same sentiment as XC is now. The XC team knows who these people are and chooses to associate with them. Sorry, that puts XC in the same boat as them.

I guess you will have to learn the hard way. If you are in this, because you are expecting a pump and planning to take profit, then ok do your thing... If you are in it for the long haul then god help you.

atcsecure

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 02:32:56 AM

I keep hearing this. I don't get it?? I keep seeing Rev this and that released. Yes he has coded stuff and made a decent looking wallet.. but he hasn't delivered anything of value until that anon source code gets released. If its released and it is 100% working trustless anon, then yes he delivered.  That is all any real crypto investor gives a shit about. We are not in it to gamble and play the stupid pump game... where only the coin owners win.

The wallet is released and it is 100% working decentralized trustless mixing, which has been demonstrated several times and a visual block explorer was built showing how complex the anon system really is

all your doing is spreading FUD because I won't open source it.  Here is proof http://imgur.com/h8rFt5U or just go download the wallet it test it for your self

2nd - the trustless anon & xchat was developed after XC's ATH price, so its not a stupid pump game, its real technology, combined with Xchat, which is real tech developed in-house, not a cloned CINNI EM system.

3rd - I'm NOT involved with any scam coins so stop making false allegations

Dan

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
joebob999

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 03:28:50 PM
Last edit: October 23, 2014, 03:40:04 PM by joebob999

The wallet is released and it is 100% working decentralized trustless mixing, which has been demonstrated several times and a visual block explorer was built showing how complex the anon system really is

I'm sorry.  But without actual code review by the community - I don't care what factors from the outside looking in are used to measure the supposed "anoniminity" of a coin.  It isn't enough.  It's like a code review of 400,000 lines of code by one developer in six hours.

Sure.  He looked at it.  But regardless of his experience level - it proves nothing about the security or trustworthiness of the coins claims.  How many "code reviews" and external factors have been looking for exploits in Windows?   Even with thousands of developers spending millions of man hours "code reviewing" it - it STILL isn't secure.

Software that needs to be secure (in this case anoniminity needs to be secure) is not considered so until it's open sourced.  Period.

all your doing is spreading FUD because I won't open source it.  Here is proof http://imgur.com/h8rFt5U or just go download the wallet it test it for your self

Stop it with the FUD accusations.  Legitimate concerns are NOT FUD.  Saying "I have the best anoniminity technology on the market.  Even though my coin is 20th on the market cap and I haven't open sourced it yet - just trust me" is MUCH more misleading than the "FUD" you accuse us of.  How about we just drop the terms FUD & SHILL and hold each other accountable to try & discover the truth about any given coin / technology?

2nd - the trustless anon & xchat was developed after XC's ATH price, so its not a stupid pump game, its real technology, combined with Xchat, which is real tech developed in-house, not a cloned CINNI EM system.

Again.  Until it's open sourced no one knows.  I have a hunch that it's probably modified code.  Or terrible with lots of holes.  Because the fact that your coin is 20th on the market cap with like 4 legit contenders - some of which have passed you in the last three month period while your coin has continued to fall.  Screams that you need legitimacy more than you need other coins to not clone you.  So the "I don't want clones" doesn't really hold water.

3rd - I'm NOT involved with any scam coins so stop making false allegations
Again.  Lets worry about the truth - not what paints who in a bad light.  The BlockNET is including coins with developers who in the past have left "investors" out to dry by promising technology and then delivering far far less.  Then move on to the next promised project / pump.

I view this as no less than a scam.  The fact that you are working with these developers to try and bring value to both their coin and your coin makes you "involved" with these coins, no?

In fact - haven't you kinda made a living by selling the "legitimacy" of XC to pump other coins?  Isn't that all this is - just on a much bigger scale?

http://xc-official.com/xcurrency-code-reviews-the-de-facto-standard-of-legitimacy-among-altcoins.html

You're using the fact that you can create pump on small coins as a marketing technique?  The reality / truth looks more like this

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/halcyon/

atcsecure

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 04:07:52 PM

In fact - haven't you kinda made a living by selling the "legitimacy" of XC to pump other coins?  Isn't that all this is - just on a much bigger scale?

http://xc-official.com/xcurrency-code-reviews-the-de-facto-standard-of-legitimacy-among-altcoins.html

No I haven't made a living off any of that - your reaching to conclusions that try and justify your delusional reasoning based on false assumptions

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
Revelation

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 05:16:27 PM

I have posted this:

How on Earth are you "respecting the possibility that hype could lead to overbought conditions during the ITO and prompt a selloff that harms investors"? You are trying to squeeze as much juice from investors as you can by offering huge IPO. You are NOT respecting the possibility of a selloff, you are creating that possibility with your enormous ceiling, 24h marketing and hype (and that fairytale story of 400-900% return). By doing this you are lowering post-ITO demand as investors that support you will be fully invested when the ITO ends.
Stop with the PR and marketing and bring some real development before the ITO.

My post got deleted as being uncivil. I am becoming increasingly concerned. I was thinking of investing however this dictatorial approach is really scary.
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 05:22:50 PM

I have posted this:

How on Earth are you "respecting the possibility that hype could lead to overbought conditions during the ITO and prompt a selloff that harms investors"? You are trying to squeeze as much juice from investors as you can by offering huge IPO. You are NOT respecting the possibility of a selloff, you are creating that possibility with your enormous ceiling, 24h marketing and hype (and that fairytale story of 400-900% return). By doing this you are lowering post-ITO demand as investors that support you will be fully invested when the ITO ends.

My post got deleted as being uncivil. I am becoming increasingly concerned. I was thinking of investing however this dictatorial approach is really scary.

Tell the other side of the story if you want to stand a chance of being perceived as fair:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829576.msg9303725#msg9303725

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829576.msg9296247#msg9296247

It's not a matter of my not respecting your views, it's a matter of your being abusive and aggressive.

Ask questions in a way that respects the people you're addressing, and everybody will benefit from your perspective.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
joebob999

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 05:26:52 PM

I have posted this:
https://i.imgur.com/uemUY11.png

Tell the other side of the story if you want to stand a chance of being perceived as fair:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829576.msg9303725#msg9303725

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829576.msg9296247#msg9296247

It's not a matter of my not respecting your views, it's a matter of your being abusive and aggressive.

Ask questions in a way that respects the people you're addressing, and everybody will benefit from your perspective.

Dude.  that's exactly what he said.

My post got deleted as being uncivil.

Reading comprehension?
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 07:55:40 PM

Dude.  that's exactly what he said.

Reading comprehension?

"Dictatorial" was a profoundly biased description.

That's what I was addressing.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
Revelation

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:01:38 PM

Dude.  that's exactly what he said.

Reading comprehension?

My post was deleted for no apparent reason, nor did I try to offend anyone. As an investor I am feeling offended by the fact that you are making certain inaccurate claims that are supposed to appease me and other investors , whereas these claims are simply not true and are worrisome. When I've raised my concern about this my post was deleted. To me this is dictatorial.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:26:48 PM

Reading comprehension?

My post was deleted for no apparent reason, nor did I try to offend anyone. As an investor I am feeling offended by the fact that you are making certain inaccurate claims that are supposed to appease me and other investors , whereas these claims are simply not true and are worrisome. When I've raised my concern about this my post was deleted. To me this is dictatorial.

Is it a coincidence that you're spreading so much negativity around the Blocknet topics and you're also a supporter of the Supernet?

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
URSAY (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:28:58 PM

I understand both views here.  Let's try to move past this ban issue and build a strong foundation for xc together.  I had a few comments deleted around the time you were banned but we have to pick our battles.  You can always discuss the topics here if you can't post in the official threads.

By the way...It appears Dan may of just released a working version for mobile.  WHOA.   Cool
LD2164

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:32:23 PM

And your logic is flawed.  If to you what is dictatorial is deleting your post, then how come that post was deleted exactly for claiming dictatorial behaviour?  Circular reasoning.

Reading comprehension?

Is it a coincidence that you're spreading so much negativity around the Blocknet topics and you're also a supporter of the Supernet?

Teka

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:37:15 PM

When did you post get deleted? I deleted many posts around baseless Fud (doesn't necessarily mean you were funding but your post was connected in some way) and some of them included Ursays but unless I state in the thread that you are banned there is no reason for you to believe that you are. No posts were deleted today mainly because I was out most of the day.

edit: NVM you were talking about the blocknet thread.
URSAY (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 09:42:28 PM

When did you post get deleted? I deleted many posts around baseless Fud (doesn't necessarily mean you were funding but your post was connected in some way) and some of them included Ursays but unless I state in the thread that you are banned there is no reason for you to believe that you are. No posts were deleted today mainly because I was out most of the day.

This was a few days ago.  No worries.

People make mistakes.  Situations can be tense.  We're all human.  Let's discuss the important topics rather then the social dynamics and who is wrong or right in these scenarios.  In the end this sort of conversation just takes away from much more important and relevant topics about the xc platform itself.  Smiley

[EDIT]  Did I mention I was excited to see mobile released?   I would think that any investor/user would be very happy about this.  Kiss
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: