Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:12:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AMHash1: Cost-Effective Mining Contract  (Read 304037 times)
Jayjay04
Legendary

Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 08:35:50 PM

The AMHASH2 offer will be open for 7 days.

The AMHASH2 Fund is a continuation of AMHASH1

Every unit you purchase from AMHASH2 will be swapped for AMHASH1 in your account.

You can continue to trade and receive dividends with those units right away.

Thank you

When does the sell start ?

https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=AMHASH2

Start 11/11/2014 @ 12 PM EST

Ends 11/18/2014 @ 12 PM EST

Do you have any schedule for releasing the rest of the Fund ? Until reaching the 5 Ph/s.
Like each 2 weeks ?

Thank you

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
            █████          ▄▄███████▌
     ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀        ╓████████▀▀
    █████               ██████▀▀       ▄███▄
     ▀▀▀        ▄███▄    ▀▀▀           ▀███▀
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
       ▁▄▄███▄           ▄▄████████▌
   ▁▄▆████████       ▄▄█████████▀▀       ▄███▄
 ▄█████████▀▔    ▄▄█████████▀▀           ▀███▀
▐██████▀▀▔   ,▄█████████▀▀        ▄▄▄
 ▔▀▀▀▔    ▄▄████████▀▀           █████
      ▄▄████████▀▀       ▄▄██▄    ▀▀▀
   ▄█████████▀       ▄▄███████▌       ▄▄▄
  ▐██████▀▀      ▄▄█████████▀▔       █████
   `▀▀▀      ▂▄█████████▀▀    ,▄▄µ    ▀▀▀
          ▂▆████████▀▀    ,▄██████▌
          ██████▀▀     ▄█████████▀
           ▔▀▀        ███████▀"
                      "▀▀▀╙
Hello!
STAKER
.The Next Proof-of-Stake.
KSmart Contract Tokene.

havelock

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 10:04:37 PM

The additional units will be released based on demand. There is no set schedule at this time.

xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 8248

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:13:41 PM

The additional units will be released based on demand. There is no set schedule at this time.

Then why does it say "Start Date 2014-11-11 12:00:00" in current and upcoming public offerings?!
AND
 Why are shares of AM1Hash trading for higher than .0012 BTC right now when you are about to sell the same damn thing tomorrow for .0012 BTC?!?

This release on demand and no schedule is very odd.  Please explain.

elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 10:21:38 PM

Then why does it say "Start Date 2014-11-11 12:00:00" in current and upcoming public offerings?!
AND
 Why are shares of AM1Hash trading for higher than .0012 BTC right now when you are about to sell the same damn thing tomorrow for .0012 BTC?!?

i think if you read again they will sell tomorrow and it will end the 18th. i presume then all sold shares will be converted to amhash1. i doubt they would convert as you buy.... maybe i am wrong though.
havelock

Activity: 328
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2014, 10:48:16 PM

They will be converted manually and then in a few day we hope to have it done automatically, the same way B.EXCH works today.

xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 11:09:05 PM

They will be converted manually and then in a few day we hope to have it done automatically, the same way B.EXCH works today.

Then what does this mean?

xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 11:16:11 PM

AND

i think if you read again they will sell tomorrow and it will end the 18th. i presume then all sold shares will be converted to amhash1. i doubt they would convert as you buy.... maybe i am wrong though.

Thanks Wink  I'm a little dense after working nights but I had the impression divs begin immediately?
Not liking the way information and erroneous cut-and-paste are trickling out rather than doing one comprehensive and informative post from an authority.  We shouldn't have to guess.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 11:23:45 PM

Thanks Wink  I'm a little dense after working nights but I had the impression divs begin immediately?
Not liking the way information and erroneous cut-and-paste are trickling out rather than doing one comprehensive and informative post from an authority.  We shouldn't have to guess.

No they will be converted and receive dividends immediately:

The AMHASH2 offer will be open for 7 days.

Every unit you purchase from AMHASH2 will be swapped for AMHASH1 in your account.

But I agree the IPO copy/paste is incredibly lazy and unprofessional.
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 11:29:01 PM

Alternatively, who would buy the new IPO for a price above AM1 market price? The only way to sell this IPO is by offering a discount over market price. Now think about that before buying, realizing that they have most of their 5PH unsold.
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 11:42:07 PM

Alternatively, who would buy the new IPO for a price above AM1 market price? The only way to sell this IPO is by offering a discount over market price. Now think about that before buying, realizing that they have most of their 5PH unsold.

Yes that part is obvious and not what I'm on about.
Anyone thinking divs didn't start until Nov 18 for AMHash2 might have bought above IPO as the divs are paid daily.
The misinformation surrounding this release of a large amount of new shares is unacceptable when the shares are currently trading.

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 12:46:15 AM

Anyone thinking divs didn't start until Nov 18 for AMHash2 might have bought above IPO as the divs are paid daily.
The misinformation surrounding this release of a large amount of new shares is unacceptable when the shares are currently trading.

Not so obvious. Just sold a block of AMHash1 for over .00126
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 01:11:30 AM

Not so obvious. Just sold a block of AMHash1 for over .00126

The obvious part is "The only way to sell this IPO is by offering a discount over market price" (well obvious to myself and Puppet I suppose)  You sold today at 0.00126 so the IPO tomorrow at 0.0012 demonstrates what you have stated to be "not so obvious".
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 05:02:48 PM

(Initial) Public Offerings

ASICMiner 500 TH Cloud Mining Fund (AMHASH2)
Invalid IPO for Fund

havelock?
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:31:23 PM

Price announced for AMHash2: 0.0012. 500,000 units available
1) available tomorrow, they just screwed over all the amhash1 ipo buyers
2) it's a 500th cloud, that rather than be another ipo round in amhash1, decided to be a seperate fund for no good reason.
3) the ipo is entirely copied and pasted from amhash1. pricing, 5ph claim, everything is a total copy and paste job under the guise of a new asset.

This is total nonsense. Glad I passed on the first round, since these guys have no clue what they are doing

Wow, what an idiot.

You are not buying shares in a company you are buying hashing power in chunks of 1 GH/s. Does AM selling more reduce that? Of course it doesn't? All "shares" are still worth 1 Gh/s.

I don't even know why AMHash is even talking about "IPOs" and crap like that. The mining contracts should be constantly available to purchase.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 07:14:18 PM

Price announced for AMHash2: 0.0012. 500,000 units available
1) available tomorrow, they just screwed over all the amhash1 ipo buyers
2) it's a 500th cloud, that rather than be another ipo round in amhash1, decided to be a seperate fund for no good reason.
3) the ipo is entirely copied and pasted from amhash1. pricing, 5ph claim, everything is a total copy and paste job under the guise of a new asset.

This is total nonsense. Glad I passed on the first round, since these guys have no clue what they are doing

Wow, what an idiot.

You are not buying shares in a company you are buying hashing power in chunks of 1 GH/s. Does AM selling more reduce that? Of course it doesn't? All "shares" are still worth 1 Gh/s.

I don't even know why AMHash is even talking about "IPOs" and crap like that. The mining contracts should be constantly available to purchase.

More anger from a sad AM shareholder and more bad decisions made by the AM team. Go AM go! To da moon!

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:18:28 AM

More anger from a sad AM shareholder and more bad decisions made by the AM team. Go AM go! To da moon!
didnt i see you multiple times in the last two days spouting off in the Spondoolies thread about some asicminer shill who keeps dropping in to make unproductive comments?
Again coming here after I poke AM in their thread. I should make a counter for this. This is the fourth time Smiley

@mabsark: not sure why you call me an idiot - i said nothing about AM reducing the GH value of a share by adding more - I said they were doing it by creating a second IPO that is  4% lower in price only days after the first IPO (and difficulty change has been less than that during this time), effectively underselling the buyers of the first IPO.

The rest of my comment related to the fact that the IPO for AMHash2 is actually a direct copy/paste of the AMHash1 IPO. In the details, "amhash1" and a price of "0.00125" / "1.25" are repeated several times with zero effort to make the ipo distinct.  https://www.havelockinvestments.com/fund.php?symbol=AMHASH2  if you want to see yourself.

finally, its probably safe to assume that AMHash1 and AMHash2 will not be freely interchangable - so rather than actually building to the promised 5PH in AMHash1, you will now see people pointlessly trying to arbitrage against AMHash2, since both assets have the exact same value (1GH) but different prices.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 02:45:58 AM

@mabsark: not sure why you call me an idiot - i said nothing about AM reducing the GH value of a share by adding more - I said they were doing it by creating a second IPO that is  4% lower in price only days after the first IPO (and difficulty change has been less than that during this time), effectively underselling the buyers of the first IPO.

I couldn't care less about speculators trying to flip shares within a week. That's not why the service exists. It exists to put hashing power in the hands of people who want it without having to mess round trying to get miners to work or dealing with delivery issues.

finally, its probably safe to assume that AMHash1 and AMHash2 will not be freely interchangable - so rather than actually building to the promised 5PH in AMHash1, you will now see people pointlessly trying to arbitrage against AMHash2, since both assets have the exact same value (1GH) but different prices.

Havelock says otherwise.

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:05:23 AM

My AMHash2 shares, which I bought this morning at opening, have now been converted to AMHash1 shares at 1 for 1.
There will be no arbitrage.
And yes, I fully expect that in two weeks there will be an AMHash3 at a reasonably reduced rate.
But as long as my dividends continue to outpace the decreases, I have no issues with what they are doing.  I am not sure why they are calling it IPO's.  It's cloud mining.  Cloud mining at the lowest expense rate available and with fixed mining payments as if it was pay per share.  Happy customer so far.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2014, 03:15:41 AM

I couldn't care less about speculators trying to flip shares within a week. That's not why the service exists. It exists to put hashing power in the hands of people who want it without having to mess round trying to get miners to work or dealing with delivery issues.

Havelock says otherwise.

It does not put any hashing power in there hands at all..they have a share of something that represents hashing power. It is not like regular cloud mining since you have 0 control of it. You pay some coins and hope that it makes you a profit. Personally I do not see how anyone but AM makes a profit from it unless you dump them the second you see a decent buy order.
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
November 12, 2014, 03:19:16 AM

It does not put any hashing power in there hands at all..they have a share of something that represents hashing power. It is not like regular cloud mining since you have 0 control of it. You pay some coins and hope that it makes you a profit. Personally I do not see how anyone but AM makes a profit from it unless you dump them the second you see a decent buy order.

How is that different from regular cloudmining?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: