Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:16:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are hashlets worth it?  (Read 10063 times)
James222 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Wassup?

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 03:57:45 PM

Hi everyone, I'm looking to start mining, and the cloud miners, by GAW miners (the hashlet) look like a good deal. How long do you have these miners? 5 years? Also, are there any hidden fees I should be aware about? Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2014, 04:21:44 PM

You have them until you sell them.  Fees are $0.08 per MH/s for the scrypt hashlets and $0.01 per 5GH/s for the SHA hashlets.  You buy the scrypt hashlets by the MH/s.  The ZenHashlet is $17.95.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
AirFlame

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 10:32:33 PM

I use GAW for some time and I can honestly recommend them for Mining
baltimoreppc

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 02:52:18 PM

I would spread out on cloud mining service..dont put everything in one basket. 
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 06:36:23 PM

I am totally convinced there are nothing more interesting on the market right now. GAW is just leading crypto company and you can't go wrong when you invest in their miners.
moko666

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

BlasterKVs the king of xbox modding

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 06:43:15 PM

you should have a look at pbmining
they offer great service at affordable prices
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 06:52:42 PM

Do we need another hashlets/cloudmining thread every day?

Anyways I'd recommend http://amhash.com/index.html

Unlike pbmining and hashlets, amhash is not a ponzi. (If you care about that sort of thing)
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 08:14:07 PM

Unlike pbmining and hashlets, amhash is not a ponzi. (If you care about that sort of thing)

Would you stop with this ponzi crap talk already?
I could call you a scammer, but I don't do it because I can't prove it. Sounds fair?

███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
jimmothy

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 08:44:44 PM

I could call you a scammer, but I don't do it because I can't prove it. Sounds fair?

Now why would I stop talking about ponzis while there's still an abundance of them plaguing bitcoin?

I should say that I have no proof that hashlets is a ponzi but there's just too much funny business and gimmicks to trust it IMO.

PBmining on the other hand has in fact paid out "mining earnings" directly from new customer payments (aka the definition of a ponzi). That is before they implemented the fancy coinmixer into their service.

You are free to call me a scammer but that wouldn't really make sense as I'm not asking anyone for money.
Snorek
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 02:34:39 AM

Now why would I stop talking about ponzis while there's still an abundance of them plaguing bitcoin?

I should say that I have no proof that hashlets is a ponzi but there's just too much funny business and gimmicks to trust it IMO.

PBmining on the other hand has in fact paid out "mining earnings" directly from new customer payments (aka the definition of a ponzi). That is before they implemented the fancy coinmixer into their service.

You are free to call me a scammer but that wouldn't really make sense as I'm not asking anyone for money.

I don't know about PB mining and your statement about them may be true. But I never heard that GAW scammed someone or did no pay or things like that. What are these gunny gimmicks and business you are talking about with GAW? I am asking because I have really good experience with GAW so far...
jimmothy

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 03:20:37 AM

Here's a rant I pretty much agree with:

Whatever you do, don't say that over there.

They go on and on about everything Josh has "done for us", and how "any day now" ZenPool is going to "rebound".

The problems. They're all all temporary, see. (Sure.) If you wait just a LITTLE longer, the new "features" will come and we'll all just be rolling in the BTC, and all the doubters will be so, so sorry. (Uhuh. Right.)

Tons of promises. SHA on Primes. Project Prime. Nebulous "feature upgrades" wink wink nudge nudge. Pull the lever and see if you win. Press a button like a trained lab rat on the miner you paid $50/Mh for and you get 1.25Mh/s for the day instead of 1Mh/s for the day. Red rockets. Trade miners as if they were coins themselves. Halloween Zombie Hashlets!! (Oh my god. Give me a f**king break.)

Josh says "if you don't like that, leave" - but a lot of us invested when it was just damn plain old mining. So we're already "in", before things went full retard. But I guess a lot of people really would rather have "FUN" and "INTERACTIVITY" versus ROI, because mining's gotta be like Farmville.

And the forum - don't get me started on the forum. If you get upvoted, you get money. If you get dowvoted, you lose money. Right outta your account. (Okay. hashpoints, which are 1 cent each. Now you can mine those, too! Store credit! It's digital GAW-only fiat, and people are "mining" it! And thanking Josh for the privilege!) If the CEO likes your post, you get a dollar, like a good boy who finished his supper. If too many people downvote you, you get banned. Automatically. No human intervention.

In fact, I should stop talking here - I'd hate for my GAW account to fall down the stairs and have an accident. I firmly believe that kind of crap is going on over there.

And I really used to be a GAW fan.

Writing's on the wall. Remember, investors who had just been fleeced stood outside of Ponzi's office supporting him right after he took all of their money, too. Many of them even offered him more.

The magical unicorn dust is starting to wear off, and very soon now - it's really not going to be pretty.

Thank you. This is unfolding quickly due to the fast pace GAW seems to try to maneuver at.

To me, the first sign was the rapid and ridiculous increase in Hashlet Primes (originally just "hashlets", which started out simply as cloud 1Mh/s Scrypt) from $16 to $25 to $30 to $40... When the jumps to $30 and $40 happened, Josh began "hinting" that Primes would be worth a ton someday, due to "Project Prime" (originally set to be revealed Oct. 23) that he had in store.

This started a little bit of a buying frenzy, and Josh unbelievably raised the price to $50. That $50 bought you 1Mh/s of Scrypt, and untold Mh/s of "nudge nudge, you'll-be-glad-ya-did" vague "promises" that Prime would somehow be worth more than the $50 you paid.

People bought.

"Project Prime" never happened.

Primes were discontinued and pulled from the market (Probably on legal advice, as he baited people to buy them with blue-sky promises, when they actually did not do anything more than a ZenHashlet.)

Those who bought $30, $40, $50 "Primes" were left holding the bag.

Josh doesn't really talk about "Primes" anymore, now that they aren't sold.

He added a few buttons to Primes, that allows you to get a 1.05-1.25 Mh/s per day rate (boost and double dip) IF you remember to log in and twaddle with your miners. He claims that the real value in Primes are that they are worth $50!! (Fiat, anyone?) - and you can sell them on the marketplace. Like his "Legendary Hashlets", they're "worth more because they're worth more" and are "Rare". Most of the people still standing at Hashtalk still champion this idea of "miners as a currency", for no reason whatsoever. Likely hoping for a $1 upvote from Josh.

Primes still don't actually DO anything special, except for a few worthless "fun buttons". They are expensive Zen Hashlets.

The next mirage to dissolve was ZenPool, the pool that paid nearly twice what every other pool did! Magically! Of course, Josh is saying right now that this is only "temporary". But you too can now buy 1MH/s of mining for $21, whereas the rest of the world is charging $7 to 15 (some even $5), for the privilege of having the Pool with a Promise!

The Promise that sometime soon, it'll pay "a lot more" again! (Josh is never specific.)

The crowd at hashtalk worships the ground he walks on. He of course can do no wrong, and is tirelessly breaking his back for the little guy. (sure.)

He made a bold announcement that he was going to take other companies to task, and "bring back ROI". Right now, GAW has the highest entry fee and lowest ROI of any cloud mining option out there.

The emperor has no clothes. This is all going to hit the wall soon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GAWMiners/comments/2kamlm/wtf_is_going_on_with_zenminer/
bitgeek

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 02:16:40 PM

And is any cloud mining company asking for money? I don't think so.
If you don't trust it that's of course your choice and nobody will force you to invest in anything, but I'd appreciate if you didn't call a legitimate company a scam or a ponzi unless you have a real proof to support the claim. There's too much trolling on this forum already.

Online.BTC.Bingo

..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1101

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 02:50:56 PM

Prefer pbmining over hashlets.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 06:13:35 PM

I wish "cloud" mining would let you pick what to point it to, and see results from pool.    Being able to use it to mine dodge, ltc, btc, and many more coins on any pool. 
jimmothy

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 06:13:54 PM

That's simply wrong. Literally every cloudmining company is asking for money. I dare you to find me a cloudmining company that will not take my money.

If you don't trust it that's of course your choice and nobody will force you to invest in anything, but I'd appreciate if you didn't call a legitimate company a scam or a ponzi unless you have a real proof to support the claim. There's too much trolling on this forum already.

I'm not nearly the only one with a problem with GAWs gimmicky/shady business model. Look at https://www.reddit.com/r/GAWMiners/ . That subreddit used to be filled with hardcore fanboys like hashtalk is, but now everyone thinks it's a scam.

Look at what GAW/Hashlets has done so far in the mining space. The CEO has announced at least 10 revolutionary/technological breakthroughs but literally all he's done is create the 50th overpriced cloudmining company and added a shit ton of arbitrary games so you can have fun clicking/wasting time to earn your money back.

How much of this is actually mining and how much of it is GAW's CEO's little game where he gets to pretend to be god?

Boost Speed - Boost for X period of time, for X price.
Double Pool - Mine two pools at once. Must be two different pools.
Rapid Pay - Instant payout right now, based on yesterdays rates (forfeit current day payout). Can only be used once per week.
Hashlet Spawn - Split your prime into random number/type of Hashlet Solos for X time.
Delay Pay - Delay payout for X days for X% more payout.
Time Stop - Lock the current pool payout rate for X period of time.
Random Boost - Hashlets have the ability to boost at random.
Fee Drop - No maintenance fee for X days.
Fee Defer - Defer maintenance fee for X days.

https://hashtalk.org/topic/7714/prime-price-change-vote

The CEO is trying his hardest to turn a simple cloudmining company into a cult and he is succeeding.

We are going to run a campaign on real life stories about how GAW has change the industry, helped make a difference in your life, and helped you find your ROI

https://hashtalk.org/topic/5911/tell-us-your-story
baltimoreppc

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 06:23:09 PM

Well said..they were ok when they start out by selling miner at lost..I guess they need to recoup their initial lost.

That's simply wrong. Literally every cloudmining company is asking for money. I dare you to find me a cloudmining company that will not take my money.

I'm not nearly the only one with a problem with GAWs gimmicky/shady business model. Look at https://www.reddit.com/r/GAWMiners/ . That subreddit used to be filled with hardcore fanboys like hashtalk is, but now everyone thinks it's a scam.

Look at what GAW/Hashlets has done so far in the mining space. The CEO has announced at least 10 revolutionary/technological breakthroughs but literally all he's done is create the 50th overpriced cloudmining company and added a shit ton of arbitrary games so you can have fun clicking/wasting time to earn your money back.

How much of this is actually mining and how much of it is GAW's CEO's little game where he gets to pretend to be god?

Boost Speed - Boost for X period of time, for X price.
Double Pool - Mine two pools at once. Must be two different pools.
Rapid Pay - Instant payout right now, based on yesterdays rates (forfeit current day payout). Can only be used once per week.
Hashlet Spawn - Split your prime into random number/type of Hashlet Solos for X time.
Delay Pay - Delay payout for X days for X% more payout.
Time Stop - Lock the current pool payout rate for X period of time.
Random Boost - Hashlets have the ability to boost at random.
Fee Drop - No maintenance fee for X days.
Fee Defer - Defer maintenance fee for X days.

https://hashtalk.org/topic/7714/prime-price-change-vote

The CEO is trying his hardest to turn a simple cloudmining company into a cult and he is succeeding.

We are going to run a campaign on real life stories about how GAW has change the industry, helped make a difference in your life, and helped you find your ROI

https://hashtalk.org/topic/5911/tell-us-your-story
jimmothy

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 06:23:52 PM

Prefer pbmining over hashlets.

I'd have to agree. They are both ponzis but unlike hashlets, PBmining isn't full of arbitrary games that make you work for your money and it's not a brainwashing cult. You just sit back, relax, and hope it doesn't collapse before you break even.

Here's evidence PBmining is a ponzi in case anyone is curious:

https://bitiodine.net/a2a/1BaconNYiSsZoq79K9LuEEp7RyGjKuwodJ/1Payday1sm5wGqtatKscfXnxARZ2B2MF3z
https://bitiodine.net/a2a/1HammmJ8zaGVHicRxTPRDMdfGCujrfZc8y/1Payday1sm5wGqtatKscfXnxARZ2B2MF3z
https://bitiodine.net/a2a/1PBackwRV1rHvDpqkYRTR9WCEEEMEwuSrJ/1Payday1sm5wGqtatKscfXnxARZ2B2MF3z
https://bitiodine.net/a2a/1Bacon6DCo11jrXMvm39sgTxhRG9bRjQWy/1Payday1sm5wGqtatKscfXnxARZ2B2MF3z
https://bitiodine.net/a2a/1FeedQtUArhfWVGuVH13dX8dbf5XqqqJSq/1Payday1sm5wGqtatKscfXnxARZ2B2MF3z
https://bitiodine.net/a2a/1Porky8h4XMoM1RbtTHe7ZpPAe7DpE79Hb/1Payday1sm5wGqtatKscfXnxARZ2B2MF3z
https://bitiodine.net/a2a/1BaconH9L8CQ9eGJkjDqN28Pw8v8Rzbp6f/1Payday1sm5wGqtatKscfXnxARZ2B2MF3z
https://bitiodine.net/a2a/1Bacont6QxTg3SxfqEG5gfiqefGMCeSNqs/1Payday1sm5wGqtatKscfXnxARZ2B2MF3z
https://bitiodine.net/a2a/1PiGgYR36C3VdCP9k2zQLrp1ZvDQNdQsre/1Payday1sm5wGqtatKscfXnxARZ2B2MF3z
https://bitiodine.net/a2a/1BaconV3vARfyvKDMCbfZ5rE6acstH6GFV/1Payday1sm5wGqtatKscfXnxARZ2B2MF3z
https://bitiodine.net/a2a/1PorkyB6s8Tb7JU8QiBpreD159iW6aaSWt/1Payday1sm5wGqtatKscfXnxARZ2B2MF3z

^ those are all instances where PBmining has paid "mining earnings" directly from new customer payments.
alesx.onfire

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

It's Not Enough

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 08:47:20 PM

hashlet was good at $16 usd, like 2 months ago,

All the people who trusted in GAW, is ROI'ng right now with the current prices of "primes" 40+ USD each.

bitgeek

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:42:18 PM

No it's not wrong, you are wrong. They are not ASKING for money. They are offering services for money, which means you are deciding whether you want to invest or not.

What you did here was ignore my polite request to refrain from accusing them of being ponzi until you find a proof to support your claim.
So I'll ask again, unless you're here to troll, show me some evidence.

I don't know the PB business model, but what I know is that they don't have an office and don't reveal their address or the names of owners. GAW on the other hand has revealed the location of 2 of their data centers and their main office, they also openly reveal the names of employees and show their pictures. What is more, the CEO has spoken on 2 bitcoin conferences last month and answered questions live.

Online.BTC.Bingo

..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
Snorek
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:45:49 PM

When I am in this section of forum all I see is raging and crying people: "cloud mining is a ponzi, they are scammers". And all it comes from people who never invested anything in any cloud mining service at all. Why is that?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: