Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:32:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XST] Junaeth - World’s first private high performance blockchain protocol  (Read 631037 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
StealthSend

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

Because privacy is a basic human right.

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 07:54:01 AM

I'm interested to know if anyone is having trouble with syncing from the bootstrap file. Today I found a very rare issue at block 304489. It looks like there is a normal orphan in the chain, but it is not being interpreted as an orphan by the bootstrap validation code. Instead, the validation code appears to want to keep this orphan as the main chain and orphan the rest of the blocks, leaving the user to sync about 50k blocks from the network.

I'm working to resolve this issue. It may be due to my source for the bootstrap file in that all my nodes have the same strange orphan at 304489. But if anyone is still having a problem, please PM StealthDevs (not StealthSend) and your message will get to me. I generally log in as StealthDevs when I check the thread. This is a very rare problem that has happened once in over 350,000 blocks. But I'd still like to get it resolved in the best way.

-- Hondo

this trouble sound to be happening to people who using old bootstrap correct? the new bootstrap should fix this problem? also, if our current wallet is synced ok then this trouble should be ignore? thanks

Yes, this problem is only for new users who are syncing for the first time with the bootstrap. At this point, it should not affect many people.

-- Hondo

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 09:54:58 AM

Thanks Hondo for awesome job, new wallet is fucking cool,
it is working for me great syncing at super speed without any issue. Wink
Vulkan01

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 03:25:15 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2015, 03:37:52 PM by Vulkan01

I'm interested to know if anyone is having trouble with syncing from the bootstrap file. Today I found a very rare issue at block 304489. It looks like there is a normal orphan in the chain, but it is not being interpreted as an orphan by the bootstrap validation code. Instead, the validation code appears to want to keep this orphan as the main chain and orphan the rest of the blocks, leaving the user to sync about 50k blocks from the network.

I'm working to resolve this issue. It may be due to my source for the bootstrap file in that all my nodes have the same strange orphan at 304489. But if anyone is still having a problem, please PM StealthDevs (not StealthSend) and your message will get to me. I generally log in as StealthDevs when I check the thread. This is a very rare problem that has happened once in over 350,000 blocks. But I'd still like to get it resolved in the best way.

-- Hondo

[/quote]

this trouble sound to be happening to people who using old bootstrap correct? the new bootstrap should fix this problem? also, if our current wallet is synced ok then this trouble should be ignore? thanks
[/quote]

Yes, this problem is only for new users who are syncing for the first time with the bootstrap. At this point, it should not affect many people.

-- Hondo

[/quote]

Yeah my sync is going dreadfully slow. I put the bootstrap file in the right folder and everything. It's stuck on 88% sync and has only crept about 1% in the last hour or so. It seems to sync a couple hundred blocks then stop for ages, then do another couple hundred. But it's taking a lot longer than i'd have thought. It may be normal at this pace, but i don't know, it may also be a bug, i don't know, but thought i'd share for feedback. At this point it says downloaded 317614 blocks of 355469 blocks. And i've got 9 active connections to the network. I deleted all previous versions of the wallet, downloaded all the new version and latest bootstrap also. And I'm using a MBP (mid-2012) with OSX 10.10.2.
Cheers

Update: I've noticed that it'll do 1,000 blocks then stop. So now i'm at 319614 of 355476 blocks.
StealthDevs (OP)

Activity: 305
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 10:26:11 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2015, 11:59:33 PM by StealthDevs

Yeah my sync is going dreadfully slow. I put the bootstrap file in the right folder and everything. It's stuck on 88% sync and has only crept about 1% in the last hour or so. It seems to sync a couple hundred blocks then stop for ages, then do another couple hundred. But it's taking a lot longer than i'd have thought. It may be normal at this pace, but i don't know, it may also be a bug, i don't know, but thought i'd share for feedback. At this point it says downloaded 317614 blocks of 355469 blocks. And i've got 9 active connections to the network. I deleted all previous versions of the wallet, downloaded all the new version and latest bootstrap also. And I'm using a MBP (mid-2012) with OSX 10.10.2.
Cheers

Update: I've noticed that it'll do 1,000 blocks then stop. So now i'm at 319614 of 355476 blocks.

Yours will eventually sync. 5,000 blocks per hour seems slow, but is actually not so slow. Latency in the tor network seems to stifle block requests, but they eventually go through. The stealthcoin network will sync slower per block than non-tor networks.

I am testing the current bootstrap.dat file with a windows 8 machine and it appears to be syncing normally after the inital bootstrap, which provided only 85% of the blocks due to the orphan issue at block 304489. I am up to 94% after about 2 hours of network syncing. The original bootstrap took about 2 hours so it's been about 4 hours to 93%. Based on that rate, I think I'll be done syncing in 2 to 3 hours.

I did restart once right after the original bootstrap, but I don't think this may be necessary.

One thing I  notice is that the spinning icon on the right that indicates activity is missing from windows. I'll fix that. It's a purely cosmetic issue, but does help the user know that the user's machine is hard at work syncing the chain.

-- Hondo

Edit: A full sync finished after about 6 hours total (bootstrap + network sync of 50k+ blocks), according to the log file time stamps.

STEALTH | XST | stealth.org
Havelivi

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 06:43:21 AM

my new QT wallet is syncing at very good speed, new wallet is simply awesome.
thanks to Hondo you are the great Dev. Grin
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2015, 01:28:25 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2015, 01:41:32 PM by benthach

i still think xst is the best altcoin. download wallet, exit and then follow bootstrap instruction worked flawless. took me about 5 hours to completed the syncing. the best!

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 01:39:29 PM

Yes, just started staking coins and I just love that new wallet  Smiley
I'm also really impressed by the speed to confirm transactions. It was really fast to withdraw from bittrex and confirmed on my wallet.

2 things i'm a bit worried about Stealthcoin and that i'd like some discussion going on this are :

1. user adoption. (marketing,promotion,niche/users definition and efforts)

2. the blockchain size.

if those 2 concerns could be discussed that would be great.
have a great week y'all
 Cool
GStealthCoin

Activity: 213

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 02:43:02 PM

Yes, just started staking coins and I just love that new wallet  Smiley

I'm also really impressed by the speed to confirm transactions. It was really fast to withdraw from bittrex and confirmed on my wallet.

2 things [...] i'd like some discussion going on this are :
2. the blockchain size.

1. I think we need a detailed marketing plan, but I think it is something we need to do as a community. If anyone has any ideas on how to promote XST, we should discuss them.

Personally, I think a professional video promo would help raise awareness of the wallet.

# I am not part of the official StealthCoin Team. Just a community member.
StealthDevs (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 06:39:09 PM

Yes, just started staking coins and I just love that new wallet  Smiley

2 things i'm a bit worried about Stealthcoin and that i'd like some discussion going on this are :

2. the blockchain size.

have a great week y'all
 Cool

Outside of network health, which is my #1 primary concern at all times, your questions touch on the most important issues. First, let me brag a bit by saying that XST still has the healthiest network on bittrex at 22 connections, judging from the bittrex status page. It has been this way since July, with no real contenders.

In terms user adoption, my feeling is that the best road is to maintain a healthy coin that never falters. At the end of the day, a useful coin has no forks or tendency to fork and dependable confirmation times. Fast confirmation times help, but dependability is most important. My belief is that adoption follows confidence and that confidence is built on a foundation of dependability.

In terms of the blockchain size, right now the bootstrap file is 220 MB after nearly 8 months. Extrapolating that out to 10 years, the blockchain size becomes 3.3 GB. That's negligible compared to the size of modern hard drives, which cost about $100 for a 3 TB 5.5" drive. So the chain in 10 years will take $0.30 of space at today's prices. For a connection averaging 10 MB/s connection, that's about a 44 minute download. Validating a chain that size will take about 20 hours for a single 3 GHz core. Processors will probably be about 4 times faster in 10 years and the validation could be multithreaded with a little work, so I expect validation times to stay constant or actually decrease as the chain grows, on average. I feel like the size is huge from a subjective human standpoint (220 Million - 3 Billion of anything is too much to comprehend), but is not much of a concern.

I have fixed the bootstrap issue that I mentioned in some previous posts, so this should make adoption easier for new users. I was waiting to release the source until I got that issue sorted out. I may provide GPG-signed bootstrap options that require no validation on the user end, making the synchronization much faster. It's usually better to let one's computer validate the chain, but for most users, a "pre-validated" chain may be an easier option.

-- Hondo

leetcoiner

Activity: 1056
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 08:32:12 PM

Price is going down why's that if everything is so leet and the best altcoin in the world?

What are future projects for this XST!

Dates, releases.... updates from dev's.... marketing?!?

Respect to Hondo and xst!
Vulkan01

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 08:55:37 PM

Cheers

Yours will eventually sync. 5,000 blocks per hour seems slow, but is actually not so slow. Latency in the tor network seems to stifle block requests, but they eventually go through. The stealthcoin network will sync slower per block than non-tor networks.

I am testing the current bootstrap.dat file with a windows 8 machine and it appears to be syncing normally after the inital bootstrap, which provided only 85% of the blocks due to the orphan issue at block 304489. I am up to 94% after about 2 hours of network syncing. The original bootstrap took about 2 hours so it's been about 4 hours to 93%. Based on that rate, I think I'll be done syncing in 2 to 3 hours.

I did restart once right after the original bootstrap, but I don't think this may be necessary.

One thing I  notice is that the spinning icon on the right that indicates activity is missing from windows. I'll fix that. It's a purely cosmetic issue, but does help the user know that the user's machine is hard at work syncing the chain.

-- Hondo

Edit: A full sync finished after about 6 hours total (bootstrap + network sync of 50k+ blocks), according to the log file time stamps.

Thanks Hondo. It's in sync now. And having transferred XST to my wallet the time taken from withdrawal to being in my wallet was nothing short of outstanding. Lightning fast. With the brilliant wallet, speedy transactions and feedback from the Devs, Stealthcoin is a fantasic alt coin to be a part of. This preacher is off to spread the word.
BTCwriter
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 12:26:58 AM

2. the blockchain size.

have a great week y'all
 Cool

1. Our web hosting business is taking XST right now http://www.onenetwork.net. Our other store http://altcoinshop.com should be ready and taking XST soon when I put a finishing touch to a friend site http://pixcore.com
BTCwriter
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 12:29:25 AM

Also here are the lists of the stores or merchant already taking XST;
https://www.coinpayments.net/store-directory-coin-XST
mind808crime

Activity: 203

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 03:03:35 AM

2. the blockchain size.

have a great week y'all
 Cool

1. Our web hosting business is taking XST right now http://www.onenetwork.net. Our other store http://altcoinshop.com should be ready and taking XST soon when I put a finishing touch to a friend site http://pixcore.com

Thanks btcwriter!  I'm going to need to do something with all that interest I'm pulling in.
Bavaria

Activity: 1032
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 06:14:50 AM

2. the blockchain size.

have a great week y'all
 Cool

Outside of network health, which is my #1 primary concern at all times, your questions touch on the most important issues. First, let me brag a bit by saying that XST still has the healthiest network on bittrex at 22 connections, judging from the bittrex status page. It has been this way since July, with no real contenders.

In terms user adoption, my feeling is that the best road is to maintain a healthy coin that never falters. At the end of the day, a useful coin has no forks or tendency to fork and dependable confirmation times. Fast confirmation times help, but dependability is most important. My belief is that adoption follows confidence and that confidence is built on a foundation of dependability.

In terms of the blockchain size, right now the bootstrap file is 220 MB after nearly 8 months. Extrapolating that out to 10 years, the blockchain size becomes 3.3 GB. That's negligible compared to the size of modern hard drives, which cost about $100 for a 3 TB 5.5" drive. So the chain in 10 years will take $0.30 of space at today's prices. For a connection averaging 10 MB/s connection, that's about a 44 minute download. Validating a chain that size will take about 20 hours for a single 3 GHz core. Processors will probably be about 4 times faster in 10 years and the validation could be multithreaded with a little work, so I expect validation times to stay constant or actually decrease as the chain grows, on average. I feel like the size is huge from a subjective human standpoint (220 Million - 3 Billion of anything is too much to comprehend), but is not much of a concern.

I have fixed the bootstrap issue that I mentioned in some previous posts, so this should make adoption easier for new users. I was waiting to release the source until I got that issue sorted out. I may provide GPG-signed bootstrap options that require no validation on the user end, making the synchronization much faster. It's usually better to let one's computer validate the chain, but for most users, a "pre-validated" chain may be an easier option.

-- Hondo

It`s really very hard to imagine how people will know about this healthy network and healthy coin without marketing.
StealthDevs (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 06:48:04 AM

It`s really very hard to imagine how people will know about this healthy network and healthy coin without marketing.

We don't have a marketing department. Perhaps you or someone from the community could head up the marketing effort.

MR1
Legendary

Activity: 927

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 07:25:38 AM

2. the blockchain size.

have a great week y'all
 Cool

I will be one of the first buyer on your website to buy with XST Wink
Havelivi

Activity: 896

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 08:58:04 AM

2. the blockchain size.

have a great week y'all
 Cool

thanks btcwriter you are the great supporter of XST, good to see some new merchant to accept XST now,
once the web wallet release XST will have more merchant to accept it.
StealthDevs (OP)

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:21:05 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2015, 10:18:29 AM by StealthDevs

StealthCoin 2.0.1.0 Full Relase (Sources Too)

The new release, version 2.0.1.0 is now available for Mac and Windows:

Windows Auto: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8rWObF4xz1YVHlwYlcwQUZwdkU/view?usp=sharing
Windows Auto VirusTotal (0/57): https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/1dacf13354d7969d9b9d804af3f745817268f21e360301d3d070a062a3609bed/analysis/
Windows Manual (Antivirus Problems): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8rWObF4xz1YejE2NWV0OTJ4cDA/view?usp=sharing
OSX Disk Image: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8rWObF4xz1YM1FMZ0RUODgwRW8/view?usp=sharing

This release is a full release with sources at github. It contains many fixes, including the newly found orphan issue that caused a shortcircuit while syncing the chain from bootstrap. It's a full source release of the new Qt wallet. Because of small changes to the alert system and to the bootstrap code, this release constitutes a protocol update to version 62010, so is a required upgrade.

A full announcement is forthcoming with updates to the OP and website. Daemons will also be updated, as will the Linux version.

The permanent link to the bootstrap file is: https://tinyurl.com/xst-bootstrap

EDIT: Some antivirus programs are blocking the automated installer on windows. In these cases, use the Windows manual installer (zip file): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8rWObF4xz1YejE2NWV0OTJ4cDA/view?usp=sharing

To bootstrap a fresh client (or very out-of-date installation):

1. Backup your wallet.dat (Menu->File->Backup Wallet)
2. Stop your client.
3. Delete all but wallet.dat in your StealthCoin application data folder (Windows: "%appdata%/StealthCoin", OS X: "~/Library/Application Data/StealthCoin")
4. Unpack the bootstrap.dat file in the StealthCoin application data folder
5. Restart your client (if it crashes one time, just restart)
6. The progress circle on the splash screen will stay at 91% for 1-3 hours. Be patient! Your computer is validating the full blockchain. After it validates the block chain, it may take 5-10 more minutes to connect to the network and finish syncing the chain.

MR1
Legendary

Activity: 927

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 09:50:28 AM

Pages: « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: