Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:46:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EventToken [EVENT] Community Takeover | Blockchain-based Event Solutions  (Read 44448 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CoinBreader

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 08:45:25 AM

Mining this  Grin
Enjoyed EUPH coin mining. Good dev. Man/Woman of his word.

+1
im in! just fired up the miners!
LemonAndFries

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 10:06:07 AM

lets watch  Cool
studio1one

Activity: 1218

BintexFutures

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 10:38:40 AM

Premine 4% lol

Honestly. That's is the bare minimum we need to fund the kinds of development we need to do here.  This is a seriously ambitious project.

BINTEX

Powered by,
looksgoodwillmine

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 02:58:36 PM

let's do this!
Gunther
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:25:25 AM

It saddens me to see that people don't recognize quality anymore.

I can't wait for the roadmap.
sony87

Activity: 440

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 07:50:47 AM

+1

Gunther
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:06:03 AM

100k coins off market (in my pockets). Thanks for the low diff  Wink

By the way, i'm constantly seeing some name of a Twitter whale on the pools. A guy named philipvdlinde. I know him from Util, where he was a bigshot too.

Man, if he's in this..
sony87

Activity: 440

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 08:38:47 AM

By the way, i'm constantly seeing some name of a Twitter whale on the pools. A guy named philipvdlinde. I know him from Util, where he was a bigshot too.

Man, if he's in this..

Based on what criteria you count yourself as a "whale" ? Just curious. And i have not seen a good thing to came up from whale, they only dump and move on.

EventToken (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:28:25 AM

Cheesy

seriously, don't stress. Enjoy the low diff. I know I am.

As we start to deliver products and developments things will change and people will understand.

There are a couple of issues here.

I started the thread too early, when we still had weeks and weeks of work to do. So it has been sat around doing nothing for a month

The ann has too much information in it, it is a wall of information and graphics. It is hard to take it all in

The concept of what we are doing is actually really quite complex, I had to chat to Aldro when getting him to do the design work for ages before he fully understood what we are creating and was able to do the workflow etc. It's not that Aldro isn't a bright guy, he is, it's just that nothing exactly like this has been done in crypto before, although it does bare similarities to other projects.

At this stage, interest is low. Really I don't care, I will re arrange the an a little to make it easier to understand and less of a wall of info. Get the white paper out soon to help people grasp the concept and start delivering the elements of the project bit by bit

Early adopters win.

It doesn't help when the first 3 pages are an all out attack on intent and integrity by someone who has never acheived anything in crypto. I did my best to answer him calmly and honestly but it really puts people off reading pages and pages of that. The other option is delete it and look like you have something to hide. No way of winning that one.
claycoins

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 09:44:21 AM

Interesting idea, not sure if there is that much advantage for an event to accept this type of system over accepting cryptocurrencies without the intermediary token.

EventToken (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 10:02:08 AM

Interesting idea, not sure if there is that much advantage for an event to accept this type of system over accepting cryptocurrencies without the intermediary token.

There is huge advantage. We have solved the issue of volatility here. This is what is the crux of the concept. The closed loop ecosystem of a temporary asset just for a single event means you can set the price of your asset inside your little world (festival whatever) and that price is guaranteed to always remain the same.

The issue with adoption of bitcoin a lot of the time is that over a 4 day event, who knows what fiat the vendors and party goers will end up with. No one running a fiat based business wants this, they need to know that they will end up with the right amount of fiat for their sales at the end of the event.

This project can guarantee people that for the first time ever in crypto.
kondiomir
Legendary

Activity: 1568

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 10:18:31 AM

PoS kicked Smiley
DLow

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:52:00 PM

Man, if he's in this..

Based on what criteria you count yourself as a "whale" ? Just curious. And i have not seen a good thing to came up from whale, they only dump and move on.

Haha, Philip is no whale. He's a 15 year old kid who's constantly losing his parent's lunch money. He messaged me about the upcoming UTIL pump and how Prom is going to pump it so high and I better buy.. He bagheld that coin all the way from the ath down to the ground.
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 01:04:08 PM

Seems a nice coin, will mine when it approaches to block 10000 for juicy block rewards  Smiley
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 03:53:01 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2014, 04:45:35 PM by notsofast

The launch of this coin flew right by me, but at current low diff it's worth examination and some hashrate.

EDIT: I agree the ticket issuance industry is ripe for disruption, so if you can get the marketing power behind this, it'll be a slam dunk to take money from the existing monopolies (ticketmaster, ticketfly, etc.).

Some issues/challenges to be faced:

Integration alongside cash (otherwise you're excluding festivalgoers, according to your example, who don't have smartphones)
Security measures for smartphone theft/loss in crowds
Additional charging availability at events to ensure users' ability to pay is as unaffected as possible by limited battery life on devices with many applications competing for that power (cameras/video)
Integration with third-party festival vendors as well as festival-owned points of sale, to present a unified simple payment experience
Robustness of your backend, since you go from minimal usage over non-festival periods to heavy usage from one concentrated area during a short time-- any downtime or slowdowns during this period will be damaging to revenue for all parties accepting $EVENT
Loss of captive surplus revenue (IE income from unused drink/food ticket sales that are only sold in multiples, since surplus $EVENT can be traded and sold)

twitter.com/notsofast
Gunther
Legendary

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 04:44:57 PM

Man, if he's in this..

Haha, Philip is no whale. He's a 15 year old kid who's constantly losing his parent's lunch money. He messaged me about the upcoming UTIL pump and how Prom is going to pump it so high and I better buy.. He bagheld that coin all the way from the ath down to the ground.

Oh, really? I thought he was one of the big ones, like cryptocobain and angelobtc.
EventToken (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 05:42:58 PM

The launch of this coin flew right by me, but at current low diff it's worth examination and some hashrate.

EDIT: I agree the ticket issuance industry is ripe for disruption, so if you can get the marketing power behind this, it'll be a slam dunk to take money from the existing monopolies (ticketmaster, ticketfly, etc.).

Some issues/challenges to be faced:

Integration alongside cash (otherwise you're excluding festivalgoers, according to your example, who don't have smartphones)
Security measures for smartphone theft/loss in crowds
Additional charging availability at events to ensure users' ability to pay is as unaffected as possible by limited battery life on devices with many applications competing for that power (cameras/video)
Integration with third-party festival vendors as well as festival-owned points of sale, to present a unified simple payment experience
Robustness of your backend, since you go from minimal usage over non-festival periods to heavy usage from one concentrated area during a short time-- any downtime or slowdowns during this period will be damaging to revenue for all parties accepting $EVENT
Loss of captive surplus revenue (IE income from unused drink/food ticket sales that are only sold in multiples, since surplus $EVENT can be traded and sold)

Yup,

lots of issues and challenges. Hopefully the whitepaper we are working on will help address some of these.

BTW, thanks for actually taking the time to read and digest what we wrote before bringing up issues. We love to be challenged and questioned, it helps refine the model. What I can't abide is pointless abusive attacks.
karlb187

Activity: 210

Need To Contact Me? Go To My Site!

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2014, 06:17:08 PM

Just saw this, looks good so far. Might get involved but i only have cloud mining speed. I might buy a miner to mine alt's.  Wink

Bitcoin Faucet List Maker      Makes Your Bitcoin Commissions Explode!   (100% FREE)
   Paid to Post Bitcoin Forum      Earn Up To 3,000 Satoshi Per Post!  
 ▥ SKYPE: karl.moneyinpjs ▥ ▦ TWITTER: @karlmoneyinpjs
philipvdlinde

Activity: 826

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:28:33 PM

Man, if he's in this..

I really don't get it man, why blame me for a mistake which wasn't preventable? It could have gone way different than it did. Further than that, is that really a reason to rip on me like that? Are you really that low of a person to do such a thing? Unfortunately it seems that I have judged you wrong, what a shame.

philipvdlinde

Activity: 826

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 06:34:11 PM

Man, if he's in this..
First of all, I have never claimed to be a whale in anything. I am just a regular altcoin trader and nothing more than that. Second, now you start acting nice after all the shit you were giving me in the $UTIL thread? It really proves once again that you are a very 2 sided person which can't be trusted. And third, no I am not mining this coin or whatsoever.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: