Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:19:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EventToken [EVENT] Community Takeover | Blockchain-based Event Solutions  (Read 44448 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
g00gsy

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 05:35:26 PM

quote my quote will ya! fkn space wasters..
silverduck

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 05:55:30 PM

preparing any roadmap ?
EventToken (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2014, 06:03:51 PM

preparing any roadmap ?

yup we did have a roadmap posted and quite a few other things but we had to take them down for legal reasons.

We are looking for IP protection on some of the things we are doing and before you file for protection information can't be in the public domain. There was no detail really in what we posted but always better safe than sorry I figure.

We are seeing our IP lawyer on Monday and hopefully will be able to release the whitepaper we have written, the roadmap, put all the elements back etc.

No idea if we will be able to get the protections on intellectual property yet, but we need to try because one element of this project has big potential and if we don't try and protect our ideas to some big degree there are a few big companies in the events industry that could just take them and run with them and leave us cold. If we can even just get a patent pending that should give us at least 18 months before any big player can use the ideas and in that time, even if the patent doesn't finalise we should be in a strong enough position.

The idea here is to get a working prototype of the whole ecosystem, only half of which is on here at the moment and then get some proper venture capital involved and sell the tech to big industry players.

Sorry to be so cloak and dagger about it, it really wasn't our intention. At first the festival currency side of things was our main focus but when we looked more into what we can do in the events industry with blockchain technology we saw massive value and decided to look into protection. The first thing about protection is keeping your ideas quiet until you have filed the request. As soon as that is done then it can be made more public.
silverduck

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 06:17:07 AM

here some event token accepted here button if you want to use it.

EventToken (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 09:37:06 AM

cool, thanks a lot man.
Festival Investment

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 09:40:48 PM

Very interesting idea!

What differentiates this from services such as http://www.intellitix.com/services/cashless/ as far as festival organizers advantages and attendees usage are concerned?
FredDag

Activity: 436

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 10:15:55 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2014, 10:28:12 PM by FredDag

Very interesting idea!

What differentiates this from services such as http://www.intellitix.com/services/cashless/ as far as festival organizers advantages and attendees usage are concerned?

Intellitix (which I've never heard of until just now) appears to be a Hardware solution, utilising RFID & NFC with custom POS systems.
Requires specific hardware, higher entry costs & configuration costs.
No user authentication & authorisation on payments (?)  - Bracelets susceptible to unauthorised, remote RFID / NFC scanning.
Festival  goers cannot send credits to each other.

EventToken (AFAIK) is a Software solution, utilising new crypto wallet saoftware on top of existing hardware (smart phones, laptops etc) as POS.
Lower comparable setup costs as can run on existing hardware.
User Authentication & Authorisation possible on payments.
Festival goers could send credits to each other if software configured to allow this.
Festival goers can check their wallet for available balance & transaction history. 
EventToken (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 10:26:20 PM

Very interesting idea!

I would have to look further at the intellitix.com services deeper to be able to give you a detailed answer but the main advantage offered by a cryptographic decentralised solution is that the hardware investment is a lot lower and the implementation massively more simple.

As you can see from the intellitix website cashless systems at festivals / events is a large and growing market.  Their cashless system requires vendors to all have RFID hardware technology and specific hardware also by the festival goer.

In our solution all the vendor would need at its most simple level is a piece of paper with a QR code to get paid.

Obviously the simpler the implentation and the less infrastructure needed then the easier it is for all parties concerned.

A lot of the reason we wanted to introduce this and work on it is that at many festivals a lot of vendors don't even have a simple credit card terminal, why load them down with even more unnecessary hardware infrastructure when a simple cryptographic decentralised blockchain can offer the solutions with less work, cost and hardware.
Festival Investment

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 11:17:04 PM

Very interesting idea!

Intellitix (which I've never heard of until just now) appears to be a Hardware solution, utilising RFID & NFC with custom POS systems.

EventToken (AFAIK) is a Software solution, utilising new crypto wallet saoftware on top of existing hardware (smart phones, laptops etc) as POS.

I understand this basic difference, but as an example to illustrate my point - http://vimeo.com/106775134
This video details how the cashless system utilizing these RFID chips functions from an attendee standpoint. They get a bracelet that is their ticket, they scan it to enter the festival grounds, they upload money onto it (either from home beforehand or at one of many POS systems throughout the grounds), and they scan it for all expenditures.

So for example, from a festival attendee standpoint, the two seem about the same.
Option A - Purchase CryptoStock coins (beforehand or on-site) and spend them using my phone or some other existing QR code compatible hardware.
Option B - Purchase Festival Tokens (same virtual currency idea, also beforehand or on-site) and spend them using my bracelet RFID hardware (which I must have anyways)

From a vendor standpoint you may have an advantage, as I was not able to immediately find any information on the processing fees associated with Intellitix but I would assume they would be higher than 1%. Vendors are not the ones who will be making the decision to implement this technology though.

From an organizers standpoint, I find this concept very interesting and it has been proven that cashless systems have many benefits over traditional methods. Thus your idea definitely has merit and is coming from the right direction. I believe Intellitix / Intellipay will cause you some problems though, as they have a proven track record and seem to have provided a solution to the same issues that EventCoin looks to solve.

If there are any advantages of the EventCoin idea that I have missed I would be interested in learning more, but if you have not previously heard of Intellitix I would advise you check these links out for more info, as it seems to be very competitive in nature.

http://www.intellitix.com/pdf/Intellipay%20Cashless%20Payment%20System%20gen2.pdf
https://www.intellitix.com/pdf/TomorrowWorld_Press_Release_2014.pdf
Festival Investment

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 11:27:40 PM

Very interesting idea!

I would have to look further at the intellitix.com services deeper to be able to give you a detailed answer but the main advantage offered by a cryptographic decentralised solution is that the hardware investment is a lot lower and the implementation massively more simple.

As you can see from the intellitix website cashless systems at festivals / events is a large and growing market.  Their cashless system requires vendors to all have RFID hardware technology and specific hardware also by the festival goer.

In our solution all the vendor would need at its most simple level is a piece of paper with a QR code to get paid.

Obviously the simpler the implentation and the less infrastructure needed then the easier it is for all parties concerned.

A lot of the reason we wanted to introduce this and work on it is that at many festivals a lot of vendors don't even have a simple credit card terminal, why load them down with even more unnecessary hardware infrastructure when a simple cryptographic decentralised blockchain can offer the solutions with less work, cost and hardware.

It absolutely is a large and growing market, my concern for this concept is that Intellitix seems to be very far along in said market. While their cashless system does require the vendors and attendees to have the required hardware, this equipment is provided obviously. Whether it is provided at the expense of the organizer via implementation fee or at the expense of the vendor via processing fees much higher than 1%, I do not know without looking into it further or perhaps getting a quote for an upcoming large-scale event I am putting together.

Simpler (and cheaper) implementation and infrastructure is definitely better as long as it does not come at the cost of less reliable performance! Not to imply that your system would, but you would definitely need to be able to clearly illustrate that to organizers that potentially know absolutely nothing about crypto-currencies.

You are right that there is 0 infrastructure of this kind on the vast majority of festivals, my example was definitely keyed more towards extraordinarily large scale events. There may be an opportunity for implementation of EventCoin on a large scale across small to medium sized events, depending on how readily Intellitix will work with these events when faced with competition (and as mentioned above, who the cost of Intellitix implementation and hardware ultimately comes from).

Again though, great idea, just providing some food for thought.
EventToken (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 11:28:34 PM

Very interesting idea!

I understand this basic difference, but as an example to illustrate my point - http://vimeo.com/106775134
This video details how the cashless system utilizing these RFID chips functions from an attendee standpoint. They get a bracelet that is their ticket, they scan it to enter the festival grounds, they upload money onto it (either from home beforehand or at one of many POS systems throughout the grounds), and they scan it for all expenditures.

So for example, from a festival attendee standpoint, the two seem about the same.
Option A - Purchase CryptoStock coins (beforehand or on-site) and spend them using my phone or some other existing QR code compatible hardware.
Option B - Purchase Festival Tokens (same virtual currency idea, also beforehand or on-site) and spend them using my bracelet RFID hardware (which I must have anyways)

From a vendor standpoint you may have an advantage, as I was not able to immediately find any information on the processing fees associated with Intellitix but I would assume they would be higher than 1%. Vendors are not the ones who will be making the decision to implement this technology though.

From an organizers standpoint, I find this concept very interesting and it has been proven that cashless systems have many benefits over traditional methods. Thus your idea definitely has merit and is coming from the right direction. I believe Intellitix / Intellipay will cause you some problems though, as they have a proven track record and seem to have provided a solution to the same issues that EventCoin looks to solve.

If there are any advantages of the EventCoin idea that I have missed I would be interested in learning more, but if you have not previously heard of Intellitix I would advise you check these links out for more info, as it seems to be very competitive in nature.

http://www.intellitix.com/pdf/Intellipay%20Cashless%20Payment%20System%20gen2.pdf
https://www.intellitix.com/pdf/TomorrowWorld_Press_Release_2014.pdf

It's a simple case of costs. To do this using blockchain decentralised technology is a lot cheaper than doing it through a centralised RFID system, as every festival goer is supporting the newtork for you. It's also quicker and easier to implement and requires less hardware.

Advantage - lower costs, simpler to implement. Cost and simplicity is at the heart of any business and your right, its not the vendors it is the organisers. I realise intellitix have a bit of a jump on us, and we have much more ideas going forwards (sorry bored of can't release for legal reasons now) but if a festical organiser is faced with 2 systems that can provide a similar end result (and there is no reason ours can't be as advanced as theirs) then, as long as both can prove competency) the organiser with go with lower cost and simpler logistics.

You can still get all the reporting etc that you can get from intellitix by extracting data from the blockchain. You can top up anywhere, no need to to go a top up point, once you register your debit / credit card you can just do it in app.

I can't go into the other advantages until later.

This is a serious project, people on here don't seem to realise the money involved in cashless event systems and access management  but it is huge and it is an absolute perfect fit for blockchain.
EventToken (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 11:32:42 PM

Very interesting idea!

As you can see from the intellitix website cashless systems at festivals / events is a large and growing market.  Their cashless system requires vendors to all have RFID hardware technology and specific hardware also by the festival goer.

It absolutely is a large and growing market, my concern for this concept is that Intellitix seems to be very far along in said market. While their cashless system does require the vendors and attendees to have the required hardware, this equipment is provided obviously. Whether it is provided at the expense of the organizer via implementation fee or at the expense of the vendor via processing fees much higher than 1%, I do not know without looking into it further or perhaps getting a quote for an upcoming large-scale event I am putting together.

Simpler (and cheaper) implementation and infrastructure is definitely better as long as it does not come at the cost of less reliable performance! Not to imply that your system would, but you would definitely need to be able to clearly illustrate that to organizers that potentially know absolutely nothing about crypto-currencies.

You are right that there is 0 infrastructure of this kind on the vast majority of festivals, my example was definitely keyed more towards extraordinarily large scale events. There may be an opportunity for implementation of EventCoin on a large scale across small to medium sized events, depending on how readily Intellitix will work with these events when faced with competition (and as mentioned above, who the cost of Intellitix implementation and hardware ultimately comes from).

Again though, great idea, just providing some food for thought.

mate, food for thought like this is really welcome. It's nice to convers with someone who understand the industry.

Clearly illustrating the security and strength of blockchain is not hard, we all know how secure it is. There is pretty much nothing more secure than a blockchain. Wait for the white paper Cheesy you'll see what we have planned  Grin
bobcaticus

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 12:33:55 AM

watching this one.. it's getting some hype
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 03:10:29 AM

WTB EVENT, send PM with offers
copychicken

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 04:19:57 PM

for events it needs alot of tweeting. and connections.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

VirusIEP

Activity: 135

Admin BinPool.com

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2014, 04:41:17 PM

http://event.binpool.com/ - wait miners
SnoopCn

Activity: 184

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 08:34:41 PM

So it seems bittrex is interested in adding the coin Smiley If the dev releases the WP tomorrow and bittrex adds we'll have some fun

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
SnoopCn

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 08:45:36 PM

Dev could you make sure the website contains a link with to a page that displays the current supply? would need that to be added to coinmarketcap

[ WHITEPAPER ]              Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program              [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●   TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
EventToken (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 08:51:39 PM

Dev could you make sure the website contains a link with to a page that displays the current supply? would need that to be added to coinmarketcap

It's in the stats section of the wallet already.
SnoopCn

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 09:02:15 PM

It's in the stats section of the wallet already.

well coinmarketcap requires a url and its something we consider doing quite soon. We could also get https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ to host the blockchain since they offer that feature. Maybe you can write them a message?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: