Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:55:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] New PinkCoin (PINK) Moderated Thread | PoS | Fundraiser | Anonymous  (Read 223693 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Devasive

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:05:40 AM

I'm here as well, patiently waiting. Glad to hear that development is still in full force. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptofi$h

Activity: 331
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 03:22:42 AM

I'm here as well, patiently waiting. Glad to hear that development is still in full force. Smiley

There is a bunch of us lurking in the Altcoin hallways!  Lol

Please come to slack and rejoin the Pink Army! 
devvienuis

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 05:41:34 PM

Anyone got a mirror? http://crypto.pink/wallet/pinkcoin-qt-2.0.0.1.zip I'm still with the old QT... :/

Thanks!

Devvie
twitter.com/devnullius
CountofMonteCrypto

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 11:04:55 PM

Thanks for the heads up DEV told the guys on slack will post back with reply
midgegaunt

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 06:50:31 PM

Currently holding 6M coins. Always loved Pink!  Wink
CountofMonteCrypto

View Profile
March 17, 2015, 06:44:29 PM

Very cool Midge i follow you on twitter and appreciate your calls thought you switched trading to FOREX good to see you still holding PINK

p.s. crypto.pink is up Devvie
midgegaunt

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2015, 11:21:16 PM

Very cool Midge i follow you on twitter and appreciate your calls thought you switched trading to FOREX good to see you still holding PINK

p.s. crypto.pink is up Devvie

Left trading crypto because of the scams. Still mining BTC and accumulating crypto with it.
Forex pays better, for now! Come on Pink! Smiley
sumgye

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 09:23:25 AM

Wallet Update

PinkCoin 1.2 Release Candidate (lite)

I am currently testing some wallet improvements, especially for people with a large number of coins (1m+) that are continuously staking. Please make a backup of your wallet.dat and test these wallets, especially if you've been having issues with the wallet hanging/freezing. Do not expect this wallet to solve the problem right away, it will happen slowly over time as you continue staking.

These improvements were made on the lite wallet to make it easier to track down problems. Once I am sure the lite wallet is running stably I will port the new updates to Pinkcoin 2.0.

PinkCoin Windows Wallet 1.2 RC1
PinkCoin Mac OS X Wallet 1.2 RC1

Updates:
Re-calibrated Staking System:
The staking system will consolidate coins in larger chunks. Over time this will reduce PC workload, reduce orphans, reduce the overall weight on the network, make staking more consistent, and the wallet more responsive regardless of the number of coins you have in it.

Network Weight Algorithm:
Estimated time to stake should now be more accurate.

New hardcoded nodes:
Pinkcoin.conf should no longer be necessary to just connect to the network.

Updated security:
The windows wallet is updated to OpenSSL 1.0.1L, the Mac wallet is updated to OpenSSL 1.0.2. The wallets include the necessary fixes to make them compatible with clients running previous versions.

This is a Recommended, but not a Mandatory update.
If you would like to continue running the 2.0 wallet until a new release is made, please feel free. But if you are having issues with your wallet, please try this one for a few days and see if the situation improves.

If you have any issues with the wallet please do not hesitate to reply here or contact me or fayoling via PM.

Thanks,
Sumgye
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 01:49:51 PM

Wallet Update

PinkCoin 1.2 Release Candidate (lite)

I am currently testing some wallet improvements, especially for people with a large number of coins (1m+) that are continuously staking. Please make a backup of your wallet.dat and test these wallets, especially if you've been having issues with the wallet hanging/freezing. Do not expect this wallet to solve the problem right away, it will happen slowly over time as you continue staking.

These improvements were made on the lite wallet to make it easier to track down problems. Once I am sure the lite wallet is running stably I will port the new updates to Pinkcoin 2.0.

PinkCoin Windows Wallet 1.2 RC1
PinkCoin Mac OS X Wallet 1.2 RC1

Updates:
Re-calibrated Staking System:
The staking system will consolidate coins in larger chunks. Over time this will reduce PC workload, reduce orphans, reduce the overall weight on the network, make staking more consistent, and the wallet more responsive regardless of the number of coins you have in it.

Network Weight Algorithm:
Estimated time to stake should now be more accurate.

New hardcoded nodes:
Pinkcoin.conf should no longer be necessary to just connect to the network.

Updated security:
The windows wallet is updated to OpenSSL 1.0.1L, the Mac wallet is updated to OpenSSL 1.0.2. The wallets include the necessary fixes to make them compatible with clients running previous versions.

This is a Recommended, but not a Mandatory update.
If you would like to continue running the 2.0 wallet until a new release is made, please feel free. But if you are having issues with your wallet, please try this one for a few days and see if the situation improves.

If you have any issues with the wallet please do not hesitate to reply here or contact me or fayoling via PM.

Thanks,
Sumgye

Thanks Sumgye, I'm testing this now. Will let you know how it works out. So far its making larger stake rewards. Looks like 5x to 10x larger amounts. Its still freezing up with not responding for a few seconds every now and then. I'm going to let it run for a day and report back.
CountofMonteCrypto

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 11:48:41 PM

Awesome thanks Sumgye was having some issues with the wallet not responding will definitely try this. Was talking to fayoled about a solution for this problem looks like you have found it. Would like to ask a couple questions about this and settings for optimal staking. You should come by Slack catch up. Anyways thanks again.
Devasive

View Profile
March 27, 2015, 03:25:53 PM

I just downloaded the new wallet and will report back if the responsiveness improves after a few days. The previous wallet was borderline unusable as it was constantly freezing up. Hopefully this release can lessen the frequency of lock-ups.
sumgye

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 08:30:45 PM

I've been doing some testing with larger long-term staking wallets and it seems limiting the coin fragmentation is only part of the problem. Another huge element turns out to be the fact that the wallet loads your entire transaction history when you open the wallet, including all of your stakes and orphans, regardless of your filters. An experimental wallet I've been working on that only loads the last weeks worth of staking history (full history of send-receives loads normally) has had dramatic results for responsiveness on wallets that have staked tens of thousands of times.

There's still some cosmetic bugs I'm trying to squash, but implementation ideas are welcome. At the moment I've just hardcoded in a week and put an option to enable full histories in the Settings -> Options -> Display window.

Personally I don't see the need to pull up stakes going back further than a week unless your stake history is rather light in the first place (hence the option to disable it). But if people want more control over that I can implement a slider or textbox to enter the number of days to load stakes.

I'm also toying with the idea of implementing an option to disable staking notifications - so heavy staker's can still enjoy standard send-receive notifications without being annoyed every few minutes with a staking popup.

Thoughs?
Devasive

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 09:03:37 PM

I think all of those ideas are great. I personally do not need staking notifications popping up nonstop, nor do I need my entire staking history (though the option to look back on it wouldn't hurt). A responsive wallet is most important for me.
sumgye

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 11:27:27 PM

I think all of those ideas are great. I personally do not need staking notifications popping up nonstop, nor do I need my entire staking history (though the option to look back on it wouldn't hurt). A responsive wallet is most important for me.

Feel free to give this one a whirl:

Pinkcoin 1.2 Experimental Windows Wallet

There's some bugs I'm working on squishing, like sometimes there's notifications of old stakes when you make new stakes, and changing the setting to view all transactions isn't saving after you close and reopen Pinkcoin, but all the new code is strictly on the UI end, specifically on the transaction history display and in the options menu, so it's safe to use, and will make the wallet handle less like a brick.

Let me know if you notice any other bugs I haven't mentioned though. And I haven't touched notifications, fwiw.
Cryptofi$h

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 12:20:55 AM

There's some bugs I'm working on squishing, like sometimes there's notifications of old stakes when you make new stakes, and changing the setting to view all transactions isn't saving after you close and reopen Pinkcoin, but all the new code is strictly on the UI end, specifically on the transaction history display and in the options menu, so it's safe to use, and will make the wallet handle less like a brick.

Let me know if you notice any other bugs I haven't mentioned though. And I haven't touched notifications, fwiw.

Noticeable improvement!  Seems to be much quicker.
Devasive

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 02:34:18 AM

Just downloaded it and it is much more responsive now! Awesome work there. I'll keep it running and let you know of any issues I may come across.
CountofMonteCrypto

View Profile
March 29, 2015, 10:05:44 PM

Great job massive improvement on the wallet responsiveness. Excited to see the stacking of the staking. Thanks again.
Wheezy-

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 04:21:11 PM

I've switched over to the new wallet as well, dramatic improvement. Wallet is actually usable again, and thanks for adding staking together. When you have 12k+ staking transactions and each amount it so little, it takes many, many thousands of confirmations just to get enough weight to actually stake.
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
April 05, 2015, 02:15:31 AM

Is Pinkcoin Poker no more?

btw - I received my first Pinkcoin donation @ http://www.twitch.tv/natmccoy yesterday. A viewer sent me 946 coins  Smiley

Cryptofi$h

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 05:14:17 AM

Any Pink holders not on slack feel free to hit me up and ill get you an invite.  Developers are in the coding cave for the next few weeks working their tails off so things are going to be quiet.  Poker issues will be handled as free time permits and the lottery is down as the Foundation is rebuilt!  Feel free to visit the Autochange site https://auto.exchange.pink/register/d2i/ and try out the Pink Bitcoin trading scripts.  They can be used on OKCoin or Finex.  I use Pro on Finex and it is proving to be a very strong trader with the right setting and human intervention.  So many ideas and so much potential with this brand you really don't want to be left out!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: