Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:17:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] New PinkCoin (PINK) Moderated Thread | PoS | Fundraiser | Anonymous  (Read 223695 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
natmccoy
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

twitter.com/natmcmolecule

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 03:59:02 PM

Can you explain the fees of Brink? It says it takes 20% per profitable trade... If someone takes 20% of every profitable hand of blackjack your return drops horribly, so surely it doesn't work that way or it would not be profitable for the users. How does it determine and segment 'profitable trades' so that fees are only taken from actual profits and not just regularly from all trades?

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fayoling

Activity: 882
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 01:44:02 AM

What is the purpose of Pinkcoin?

Can somebody send me the invite for the slack channel?

Pm me your email and I'll get you an invite.

The purpose behind PINK is to raise money and awareness for charities. Pinkcoin has been around for awhile now, and has tried and experimented with many different routes. Some more successful then others. The last few months have been focused on trading bots to help generate some revenue for PINK before we begin our next marketing and charity campaign.

Lots in the works and coming up, you will learn a lot more in the slack room.

Can you explain the fees of Brink? It says it takes 20% per profitable trade... If someone takes 20% of every profitable hand of blackjack your return drops horribly, so surely it doesn't work that way or it would not be profitable for the users. How does it determine and segment 'profitable trades' so that fees are only taken from actual profits and not just regularly from all trades?

The 20% fee on our bots, is based off of total profit. Unfortunately we could not find a functional way to refund upon losses, instead we used an algo to make sure that our fees neverare never taken if they exceed 20% of total profit. So in the event of a bad trade / loss, the fee charges will stop being taken on all following profitable trades until you get back to where you were and the fee =< then 20% of actual profit.

Hope that makes more sense.

EDIT: This was more an issue with Penner during the last few months of sideways on BTC. As for Brink, when a user is first getting setup, they may experience a couple losses, but for the most part, Brink is capable (depending on your settings) to maintain a 100% win ratio.

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 02:38:19 AM

It was, continued being, is and will be a scam coin. You should read about it in the many threads here -uncensored one, not like this one, of course-, such as THE WALL OF SHAME, THE STORY OF PINK COIN or  the abortion conceived by its current devs called SEED COIN.

Real informative.
fayoling

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 04:52:21 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2015, 07:37:26 AM by fayoling

Alright, this is the last bot build and addition to autochange, for now... Wink

Bittrex Accumulator Bot.

This is a much more generic / toned down version of Picasso. You simply set a max buy price and a minimum sell price, and the range in which you would like to place your orders, and how often. You can both undercut to push the price in a certain direction, or overcut to fill the books behind the top orders.

_______________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________

Generic Settings

You can run this bot with live disabled to see what your settings would have it doing.
Output enabled/disabled is to view the bots actions.
Quantity Max is the amount of coins you'd like to accumulate before the bot turns itself off.

_______________________________________________________________________________ _____________________________

Exchange Settings

The coin you'll be running it on and your api keys.

Global Order Settings

Friendly fire is to prevent you from placing an order at a price you are already at. If you disable this, it will always place an order, irrelevant of your current positions.

Price, this is the undercut / overcut setting. It looks at the top order price and goes from there. So if your setting is -0.00001000 - 0.00001000 and the top order is at 0.00001000. The bot will randomly place orders between 0.00000001 and 0.00002000, both undercutting and overcutting by 1,000 SATs.

Time is what depicts how often an order is placed, randomly between your settings. In the example, it will randomly place an order between 10 seconds and 10 minutes.

Orders, buy and sell.

You can activate or deactivate a specific order type and only play one book.

Price max for buys is the highest price you're willing to place an order at.
Price min for sells is the lowest price you're willing to place an order at.

Size will randomly generate an order for that BTC amount between your two variables.

Example of an output

This accumulator bot is a one time purchase of 0.25 BTC and can be unlocked and used on https://auto.exchange.pink/

dcmartin

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:07:26 AM

Bittrex announcement:

"This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on July 17th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC."

dcmartin

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:26:31 AM

(+ further text)

Asked about the invite two weeks ago, still haven't received a reply.
Cryptofi$h

Activity: 331
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 06:20:59 AM

I've posted many times in this thread to give me a follow @Gotcrypto and DM your email addy for invites.  I dont come here often so msgs here will go unnoticed.  You can also tweet to @pinkcoinlottery so all those with invite powers will see it.  Take care.   
fayoling

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 07:56:14 AM

(+ further text)

Asked about the invite two weeks ago, still haven't received a reply.

I sent the invite about 2 weeks ago, check your spam folder.
I just tried again and am getting this

Syro

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 11:02:26 AM

i am member now on brink for okcoin

got enough in my balance at okcoin, but the problem is my settings seems not to work. i only keep getting - in transactions.

Date   Contract   Type   BTC Contract(s)   BTC(฿)   LTC Contract(s)   LTC(Ł)
2015-07-16 19:00:17   BTC0717   Close Long   -1   -0.003349   0   0
2015-07-16 18:59:55   BTC0717   Close Long   -5   -0.016745   0   0
2015-07-16 18:59:55   BTC0717   Close Long   -25   -0.083721   0   0
2015-07-16 18:59:54   BTC0717   Close Long   -1   -0.003274   0   0
2015-07-16 18:59:54   BTC0717   Close Long   -1   -0.003349   0   0
2015-07-16 18:59:54   BTC0717   Close Long   -1   -0.003262   0   0

anyone can help me perhabs regards

emailadres is thacrazy19@gmail.com
Cryptofi$h

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 04:17:15 AM

If anybody cares to activate their @pinkcoinlottery acct and start tipping or using the 50/50 bot please feel free to resume using them.  If you have balance issues give us a shout. 

The foundation is coming together...Is your body ready?
Cryptofi$h

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 04:23:08 AM

Lots of interesting developments going on in slack.  Please feel free to ask for an invite.  Could there be a new and improved Pinkcoin coming?  Our developers are constantly building things for the crypto community. 

Lots of tools for the community to market, we need you to come up with ideas and help spread the Pink love.   
Cryptofi$h

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 04:30:19 AM

BTW Pink poker is up and running again and we would like to set up a weekly poker night.  If anyone is interested in having some fun and winning all my Pink feel free to drop us a line.  What night works best for you?
dcmartin

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 09:03:30 PM

I sent the invite about 2 weeks ago, check your spam folder.
I just tried again and am getting this (+picture)

Thanks fayoling for sending the invitation!

dcmartin

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 09:27:17 PM

I'm trying to provide a recap of some of the ideas that were discussed in the Pinkcoin slack channel. Apologies if you've already read the discussion on slack. I will put some of the ideas onto the bitcointalk thread since here is potentially a larger audience for discussion.

The following considerations about Pinkcoin are my opinion and not a trading advice (e.g. to sell or buy Pinkcoin). I do not represent the developer team. According to fayoling Pinkcoin is an open community coin where many people can contribute.
dcmartin

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 09:39:38 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2015, 10:24:11 PM by dcmartin

Thanks to all who replied to my previous post!

I previously asked the question: "Where can I find here information on pay-with-pink or any serious discussion in support of the coin? "
Then I received a few answers, for example:
"There's not really anywhere to read up on it all as we just build stuff and update people as questions come up.

My thoughts to this were:

Pink has a great name and one of the better communities compared to other altcoins.

There are though things, if we look from a realistic perspective, that should be improved:

1. A coin needs a purpose.
- I like the charity idea but a coin is unlikely to run on charity alone.
- A bot doesn't give a coin a purpose, the bot can only work as price support (if it works).
- The anonymity feature of Pinkcoin relies on a centralized server and is therefore not strong enough to compete with other anonymity coins.
- What is left is the "pay-with-pink" for which I do not find information on the slack channel or on bitcointalk.  "Pay-with-pink" is the single most interesting project that bears the most potential for Pinkcoin. Why is there so little focus / information?

2. A coin needs marketing.
- Is there any approach of the Pinkcoin development team to actively reach out to businesses to promote pay-with-pink? What incentives do businesses have to use pay-with-pink?

dcmartin

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 10:09:49 PM

The answer was that the main developer team already experimented with the pay-with-pink idea but pay-with-pink got thrown to the backburner for 2 reasons:
- the fiat conversion seems to be a challenge
- vendors are required who actively participate in pay-with-pink.

Basically, pay-with-pink means that the customer pays with Pinkcoin to make a purchase. There are two main transitions:
1. Fiat ---> Pink (customer needs Pink)
2. Pink ---> Shopping (customer uses Pink for shopping)

Interestingly, the main developers are about to complete a conversion tool (there was a screenshot on slack, it looks intuitive and easy to use) that allows to convert Pinkcoin to a multitude of cryptocoins. Let's say, if a vendor accepts Bitcoin for payment he or she already can accept payments in Pinkcoin.

For me this looks like for transition 2 (=shopping with Pink) Pinkcoin should already be in a good position once the tool for automatic conversion into BTC is fully up and running. This will allow any shop who accepts Bitcoin to accept Pinkcoin as well.
dcmartin

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 10:45:04 PM

In my opinion the most important question to solve is: "What incentive does the customer have to use PINK and not just buy the product with BTC or fiat?".

When compared to credit card payments the Pinkcoin advantage is obvious. The credit card company charges significant fees for example swipe fee, transaction fee, statement fee, monthly minimum fee and so on. The most risky one being the chargeback fee which would not occur when paying with Pinkcoin. These fees usually are hidden from the customer but the customer pays it because it's priced into the goods.

If we could get some arrangement with the shop owner to give some percentage, let's say 2%, back to the customer it is a win situation for the shop and it is a win situation for the customer. It would be possible to introduce a structure to determine how much of it goes into charity for a good cause, how much is the advantage for the customer and how much is incentive for the merchant. If the customer consistently get's a 2% (this is just an example figure) discount on all purchases it would be a strong customer incentive to use Pinkcoin.
dcmartin

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 11:02:31 PM

A marketing strategy would be to ask shop owners directly if they are willing to provide a small discount for Pinkcoin customers.

It might be out of the comfort zone of a programmer to call vendors but this would be an ideal task for a marketing student who tries to gain some experience. Does anybody here in the forum know some Marketing students?

There was some indication of the developers to integrate pay-with-pink for a little fee or even for free into an existing website if the shop provides a a small discount for Pinkcoin customers.
fayoling

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 01:11:11 AM
Last edit: August 05, 2015, 01:29:15 AM by fayoling

DCmartin is one of our newest, brilliant Pinkarmy reps, too bad he's been talking to himself on here.

As of right now, this thread is now among many others that will stay permanently open in my browser.

Thanks DCmartin for the push.

Edit/Addition

http://playpoker.pink/

For those that are unaware, we brought PinkPoker back a little over a month ago.

This time we added an affiliate/referral system, your link can be found on your account page.
You will receive 5% of the rake from all your referrals, we will likely be bringing levels into this in the near future, but for now, it is a flat 5%.

Currently being added is a sponsored players program, this will be a bonus for all the PINK millionaires as well.
You will likely get 100% rake back, and earn a commission of all the rake acquired during the hands you play.

CountofMonteCrypto

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:19:03 AM

I like the discussion dcmartin is starting here. The main feature for businesses to use paywithpink imo is the option to turn some none or all of the transaction fee in to a donation. The ideas are all here, continual staking rigs set up for the charities so people can donate for life to save lives. Also I believe the incentive lies with the consumer themselves to encourage their online retailer to accept pink. That is the #1 incentive for a merchant to accept paywithpink because a would be customer asked for it. But the main hurdle is how to get the message to people who don't know about crypto. Also there are a couple huge companies that have branded themselves PINK. The main thing imo that seperates pinkcoin from other altcoins out there is the positive brand awareness to charity. So i think the key would be to give consumers and retailers a platform that allows for secure fast transactions with minimal fees. The savings that would have gone to Credit card companies can go towards savings for the consumer possible donations through PWP or a rewards system for using PWP. If it became successful it could operate like any other rewards system like airmiles or groupons. Nice to see some discussion in here again.

Also I will be blitzing twitter about Pink Poker. Its demeaning I know but someones got to do it. Would appreciate any support out there.

https://twitter.com/m_ad_04m_ax_

cheers
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: