Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:44:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Kialara Physical Bitcoins/HAVEN: Update  (Read 70111 times)
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:25:25 AM

I'm so curious as to why you decided to open it. Was it loaded and you wanted the BTC or were you just curious how hard it was to open up?
I loaded and declared it my crypto savings for the future, after busting all i had i ended up opening it in a moment of rage and yoloing what it had in... won and cashed out but i regret it so much. I also was few steps of winning the lb tournament but i fucked it up in last second

I won't be surprised if someone wants to buy some of the parts since its so unusual  Grin
I cannot take money after what i did with it so if anyone covers shopping from sweden ill send them for free. If it was the case, i think im keeping it i kinda have feelings for her .

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andulolika
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:26:11 PM

I'm so curious as to why you decided to open it. Was it loaded and you wanted the BTC or were you just curious how hard it was to open up?
I loaded and declared it my crypto savings for the future, after busting all i had i ended up opening it in a moment of rage and yoloing what it had in... won and cashed out but i regret it so much. I also was few steps of winning the lb tournament but i fucked it up in last second

I won't be surprised if someone wants to buy some of the parts since its so unusual  Grin
I cannot take money after what i did with it so if anyone covers shopping from sweden ill send them for free. If it was the case, i think im keeping it i kinda have feelings for her .

PM sent.

Thanks Smiley
Thor and dr jones *sings*... ill check the price tomorrow im really tired now and didnt even turned on the pc today.

⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 10:31:43 PM

If minerjones didn't get it, I would have. Seems like a cool thing to have. Grin

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 10:36:53 PM

I won't be surprised if someone wants to buy some of the parts since its so unusual  Grin

I'd keep it if I were you. You'll go down in history as the first person to destroy redeem a Kialara Tongue.
andulolika
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 08:05:38 AM

I'd keep it if I were you. You'll go down in history as the first person to destroy redeem a Kialara Tongue.
i think im the second, but im not sure, i readed something about.

andulolika
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 07:40:12 PM

Well....
Hopefully if the pieces are workable, I wanted to make a 3D display - much like the photo from Max's blog.
It would be a shadow-box kind of thing. Hopefully backlit to help get a good perspective on all of the pieces.
I already have a box and have a couple of ideas of how to suspend/float the pieces.
If this works out, it will be all "woot, woot" Cheesy
Thanks Smiley

Id love to see such thing but i dont have the plastic holos anymore it took to me 5 minutes to discover the pkey maybe because of the emotions lol, eitherway it doesnt make those nice reflections.

I want my kialara

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 06:53:22 PM

Well, I think it's starting to look like Max has turned into a scammer.

I have been waiting months for my Kialara. He occasionally posts to say he is sorry about the delays and gives some lame excuses, and then writes that he has almost caught up. But, I'm beginning to think that he has just stopped production and no longer has any intention of making and shipping any more. Hopefully, he will return everyone's money.

I curious. How many people are waiting to receive their Kialara, and how long have you been waiting? Please post.

Here is his update 1 month ago:

10/15/15

Parts arrived. All outstanding orders will ship by Friday.

Apparently, that was a lie because I'm still waiting for mine.

Here is his last post two weeks ago. This time he says the problem is that his parts come from overseas, and he writes "I've been shipping orders out all this week." and "I'm close to catching up with all outstanding orders".

Hi everyone, I've been shipping orders out all this week. As usual I have experienced many production issues, and I've resolved all of these issues - it just takes time as many of my parts come from overseas. And more often than not I have to eat the cost of the faulty products b/c with the relatively small volume I do a supplier would just assume drop me than take the hit themselves. It is getting better over time, and I'm working with some more reliable suppliers now. Also, I have a new product I'll be releasing soon. Managing this and keeping up with orders has been a challenge, as napalm mentioned, I'm a one-man show. I haven't slowed down any, just burning the candle at both ends. I'm close to catching up with all outstanding orders. As always your patience is greatly appreciated.

Well, you can't be that close if you still haven't orders from months ago.

Here is his update today. This time he says the problem is with configuring his work station and some of the materials. It is a different lame excuse every time.

Sorry for the late update. I’m still filling a handful of orders from soon after I reopened sales. I’m close to completing this next batch and that will fill most orders. Things began to get a little complicated b/c people are still purchasing my older designs so I’m constantly changing up my work station – there are lots of different parts for each design – many different sized screws, different drill bits, etc. I should be posting a shipping update in the next day or two. I ran into an additional issue with some of the engraved plates which I resolved, but it set me back another time. Getting there. Thank you again, Max.

Max, if you really are honest, please follow this advice: Don't promise what you can't deliver.
Kialara (OP)

Activity: 548
Merit: 788

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 07:49:34 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2015, 08:34:50 PM by Kialara

"Max, if you really are honest, please follow this advice: Don't promise what you can't deliver."

These will be shipping this week. The image on the laptop is of this thread, so you can see this photo was just taken.

I understand there are some of you who have been waiting one-month + for your order. I'm sorry about this. I take quality very seriously. Those who know me well will tell you I'm a perfectionist. I've turned down many parts delivered to me, and it has cost me a small fortune. I have never scammed anyone and I never will. Period. I will try to work on my estimated turnaround times. The last time I began to fall behind I suspended sales, and I may do this again soon. When I eventually did reopen sales the orders flooded in and all I can say it that I'm working on it. Nights and weekends included. I have been shipping units out every week. Also, International orders eat up a lot of my time with additional paperwork, etc.

There is a lot of work that goes into each piece, and I've now assembled close to 2,000 units. That's around 64,000 individual pieces assembled, 24,000 applications of loc-tite and 24,000 screw heads drilled out. I eventually purchased a strong magnet to collect these small shavings:

I also discontinued sales of the 2014 edition so it's one less product to worry about, and I am working on a new project that has taken up some of my time recently as well. As I explained to someone else, I'm burning the candle at both ends and I just want to continue to deliver innovative products to my 'family'. That's what i consider each and every one of you.

Best regards,

Max-

P.S. This new project I'm working on... I'm slightly over budget on it already. I want to have all parts ordered and paid for before I open sales. I've never asked anyone to fund one of my creations through a crowd fund, etc., although I do open sales once my suppliers have collected so I can get that capital back to make my life easier and start on new projects.

I will be auctioning a small part of my collection today for this purpose - to help fill a few of my purchase orders for my new products.

Regarding my current designs - I have all inventory paid for and in stock. Time is my only issue and I'm working on it.

I sincerely appreciate each and every one of you who have supported me along the way. Much respect.

*Edit: I've temporarily suspended sales on my website until I've fulfilled all current orders.

*Edit #2: Auction posted https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1253386.new#new
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 07:55:58 PM

Max, thanks for the update to your outstanding orders. 

I am still appreciative that you reached out to me via another route because you saw pictures I had posted of my Kialara and noticed there may have been a defect in my piece which I confirmed was a dust speck that cropped into my pictures.   I also remember you were willing to reassemble it to make sure I was 100% satisfied.  Cool

Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 08:18:19 PM

Hey Max,  I'll float you a few bitcoin if it helps you not have to sell your collection, that's just going to cost you more in the long run.  Send me a PM if interested, no strings attached and no interest.
mrbrt

Activity: 707
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 08:26:10 PM

I've never purchased a Kialara (or any physical bitcoin, aside from 1 aluminum Casascius), but anyone can tell from the pictures that Max produces a high quality product. I can begin to understand the effort and expectations that goes into the process of creating a product, although my product is considerably less complex and a lot less time consuming to assemble than a Kialara. Anyway, if there is one thing I've learned with managing expectations it's: add a week or two (or three) to your best estimate of delivery!  Cheesy
Kialara (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 08:44:37 PM

Max, thanks for the update to your outstanding orders. 

I am still appreciative that you reached out to me via another route because you saw pictures I had posted of my Kialara and noticed there may have been a defect in my piece which I confirmed was a dust speck that cropped into my pictures.   I also remember you were willing to reassemble it to make sure I was 100% satisfied.  Cool

digicoinuser, thank you  Cheesy

As I engage deeper with my clients, and as my client base grows, it's just another thing that holds back production... like recently I started emailing tracking info to those who have been waiting an extended period of time. It's a good problem to have for sure and I've enjoyed the friends I've made along the way. Cheers to you.
Kialara (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 08:48:56 PM

Hey Max,  I'll float you a few bitcoin if it helps you not have to sell your collection, that's just going to cost you more in the long run.  Send me a PM if interested, no strings attached and no interest.

Hellot, that's totally awesome of you to offer and I really appreciate it! I'm humbled. Let's see how this auction goes. It's a small part of my collection and I know I'll get them back eventually - if it's at a premium - so be it Tongue
Kialara (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 08:50:51 PM

I've never purchased a Kialara (or any physical bitcoin, aside from 1 aluminum Casascius), but anyone can tell from the pictures that Max produces a high quality product. I can begin to understand the effort and expectations that goes into the process of creating a product, although my product is considerably less complex and a lot less time consuming to assemble than a Kialara. Anyway, if there is one thing I've learned with managing expectations it's: add a week or two (or three) to your best estimate of delivery!  Cheesy

mrbrt, thanks! I really like your designs and I have plans to pick some up from you in the very near future!
Kialara (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 08:53:53 PM

Max is most definitely a talented artist.  I'm certain the people complaining about the wait time would be the first ones wanting to send back a product with a defect.  Let the man work.  Rushing an artist is like peeing into the wind, you might feel relieved at first, but you won't be happy with the end result.

Thanks OG, I can understand how a new customer can be concerned when their order is a few weeks behind. It's nice to have everyone's reassurance that I am the type to follow through, and I hate the idea of anyone getting their shoes wet Wink

TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 09:06:46 PM

Have you concidered the idea of a kickstarter for your next project? I'd be happy to pay upfront. I have several of your products and they are absolutely stunning. I am sure your new project will be of the same quality.
Kialara (OP)

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 09:35:51 PM

Have you concidered the idea of a kickstarter for your next project? I'd be happy to pay upfront. I have several of your products and they are absolutely stunning. I am sure your new project will be of the same quality.

Thanks TheNewAnon135246, no I have never considered kickstarter. Things are moving along as planned. Cheesy
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 12:37:21 AM

A kickstarter would be cool, but they can also be time consuming as well just to manage. Thanks for the update and keep up the awesome work that you do.

Eodguy149

Activity: 578
Merit: 554

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 03:25:08 AM

Wow the auction is over? I would have bid quite a bit more than that...  Undecided

"Initial Success or Total Failure"
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 03:28:35 AM

Wow the auction is over? I would have bid quite a bit more than that...  Undecided

Taking offers  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: