Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:24:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Kialara Physical Bitcoins/HAVEN: Update  (Read 70111 times)
bitcoiner24h
Copper Member

Activity: 809
Merit: 54

Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 07:20:10 PM

Love what you do (honestly), but 2BTC or $14,000.00+ for a wallet is INSANE!!  Sorry to be the one to say it, as I am sure plenty of us here are thinking it.....  Then on top of it I'd be forced to put a significant amount of BTC on them as well.  You may have overthought this one sir!! 

As beautiful as they are, I personally would NEVER even consider one of these for those prices. 

Best of luck with this sale.

Totally agree with your words. It's exactly what I think. I didn't want to be the first to say it but it's the reality.

I think there are many new pieces.
I don't doubt the work of art and the great work.

good luck in the sale!  Wink
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 09:25:00 PM

Love what you do (honestly), but 2BTC or $14,000.00+ for a wallet is INSANE!!  Sorry to be the one to say it, as I am sure plenty of us here are thinking it.....  Then on top of it I'd be forced to put a significant amount of BTC on them as well.  You may have overthought this one sir!! 

As beautiful as they are, I personally would NEVER even consider one of these for those prices. 

this isn't a wallet.  its art with btc on it.  there are plenty of wallets available for that specific function.
Ricky Allman will be one of American great painters in our life time (he is already but less known today)
his art, which is what these are, is going to be worth a ton.

these are not serials 1-10 either.  you’re offered a 1/1 piece of art merged with bitcoin. a singular item.
these are designed for art collectors and misunderstood.
but, yeah, it’s not cheap as a result and thats probably by design.
dolphriends

Activity: 1736
Merit: 440

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 10:24:45 PM

this isn't a wallet.  its art with btc on it.  there are plenty of wallets available for that specific function.
Ricky Allman will be one of American great painters in our life time (he is already but less known today)

these are not serials 1-10 either.  you’re offered a 1/1 piece of art merged with bitcoin. a singular item.

I am with canary as far as Ricky Allman's talent and agree he will be one of the great painters of our lifetime. 
anonymousminer
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1242

View Profile
December 12, 2019, 11:29:34 PM

They MIGHT be worth a lot of money...... and I'm willing to bet my 2BTC that I don't spend on the "art" outperforms said art!  Would you like to take that bet CITM?? 
greenplastic
Legendary

Activity: 1809
Merit: 1136

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 12:11:32 AM

Impressive 1 of 1 artworks Kialara/Allman!   Cool
Really like a few of these, too. 
Especially, under those UV led lights.

Hmmm! 
jackbauercsgo
Copper Member

Activity: 507
Merit: 118

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 03:14:49 AM

Well done Kialara - pricey, but rare and obviously pleasing to the eye.  Wishing you luck on selling out  Grin
teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
December 13, 2019, 11:35:16 PM

Second set of "Messengers" each denominated 0.390625 btc - bitcoin’s block reward value in the year 2040.
Titled 2040 Messengers
Price per 2040 Messenger: 1.6 BTC, funding not included.

From Max's email 4 of 10 of the 2030 Messengers have sold at time of sending email.
sn, oB, Uv, and yH
Kialara (OP)

Activity: 548
Merit: 788

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 02:09:26 AM
Merited by Lesbian Cow (1)

Sweet, thanks for sharing teeGUMES. I’ll include a closeup of Messenger Nq below which is a favorite of mine.

And thanks for the compliments everyone, and critiques are cool, too. I’ll be unveiling the last ten of the series very soon - stay tuned.

TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
December 14, 2019, 02:55:28 PM

Stormtrooper White looks really sexy. So tempted to buy one Grin.
dolphriends

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 09:16:29 PM

Well it's time for the dolphin to chime in here.  I can't even imagine the time and passion that went into these masterpieces.  Without a doubt these works of art are the picasso masterpieces of our time. What words can even describe the talent of Ricky Allman.   Truly masterful work, Max.   Cool Cool Cool Cool

The Dolphin has spoken, now back to the ocean. Smiley
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
December 17, 2019, 05:13:33 AM

Announcing the third and final unveiling of Kialara Messengers, a special collaboration with world-renowned artist Ricky Allman.

Each of the original works has a denominated value equal to a full bitcoin block - either one, two or three decades from now. Below are the final ten ‘messengers’, each denominated 0.04882813 btc - bitcoin’s block reward value in the year 2050.

Click for higher resolution

Edition Size: 30
Artist Proofs: 10 

Allman’s vivid futuristic dreamscape paintings have been featured in The Los Angeles Times, Vice, Harpers, Harvard Business Review, La Nación (Paraguay) and The Independent (UK).

For Messengers, Allman has created a series of paintings that act, in his words, as “self-portraits, aspirational portraits, psychological portraits and portraits of fear.” He continues: “Many of my portraits exhibit a sense of stress or anxiety, reflecting the current mood of our country and throughout the world. A combination of thrill and excitement for the future and a deep dread about the horrors of our present being magnified rather than pacified by technology. Climate change, authoritarian state-sanctioned violence and poverty and total surveillance collide with self-replicating architecture, a global network, record-long lifespans and the eventual cyborgization of humanity. We are accelerating ever quicker into an increasingly chaotic future, and I’m attempting to embody all of that into the more recognizable form of a human face.”

ASSEMBLY

Allman’s original paintings are incorporated into an innovative new multi-part assembly of precision-machined SUS304 stainless steel, permanently bonded at each layer with J-B weld two-part formula, and meticulously constructed with a proprietary combination of thoughtful security and design features:

Cerakote Ceramic Coating
The precision-machined SUS304 stainless steel case is sandblasted and hand-painted a Stormtrooper-white Cerakote finish. Cerakote ceramic coating enhances a number of physical performance properties including abrasion/wear resistance, corrosion resistance, chemical resistance, hardness and impact strength. Cerakote ceramic coatings utilize state-of-the-art technology to out-perform any competitive coating in both laboratory settings and real-world applications.

99.95% 1mm-thick Pure Tungsten barriers
Manufactured via pressing and sintering, then cut to size with an industrial waterjet.

Aluminum Wing-Shaped Centerpiece
Houses both a printed/ink and hand-penciled backup copy of the private key needed to access the bitcoin inside. Both copies of the keys are sealed behind an additional layer of Tungsten. A coating of clear silicone glue bonds the Tungsten to the security glass below and prevents the poured resin from touching the key compartments.

.80mm-thick Tempered Mineral Glass Crystal
Each artwork is backed by a layer of high-strength Tungsten, behind which stands this small circle of tempered mineral glass. Any attempt to cut or drill the crystal will shatter it, giving clear, immediate indication of tampering.

0.5mm Magnetized Balls
Thousands of high-precision anticorrosive stainless steel balls (typically produced for spaceflight industry) in the smallest size available are slightly magnetized, to help them loop over the aluminum key holder and cluster throughout the enclosure in unique and interesting patterns.

Price per 2050 Messenger: 1.4 BTC, funding not included.

This is a private sale. Inquire by replying to this email to discuss availability and payment/escrow arrangements. Each messengers unique ID corresponds with the last two characters of their public key.

Higher resolution photos of the 2050 Messengers and more can be viewed here:
https://imgur.com/a/GI19oRV
Kialara (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 01:28:07 AM

Wanted to share this here, as we've received fewer case orders than we anticipated. I will be resending an email that includes a photo of the cases, as some were not aware of what they look like. Included with each case shipped is a miniature manilla envelope in case you'd like to save the foam sleeve your Kialara originally shipped in - I know this is important to some.

Kialara protective cases are available today for US residents. International shipments will be arranged following the US orders.

Please read carefully below for instructions on receiving yours. To make this as easy as possible, and to get these out before Christmas, this will all be based on the honor system, so please do not request more cases than bars owned by you, or there won't be enough to go around for everyone.

I'm offering these cases at no cost other than asking that you each cover flat rate priority mail shipping. I've tasked a dear friend of mine, Monica,  with handling the packing and shipping of all these orders, so if you are feeling generous and would like to throw some satoshis her way she'd be pretty excited about that. I'm compensating her as well. Any funds received above the below shipping amounts will go directly to her.

1-6 cases please send $10
7 cases or more, please send $15

Step 1: Please paypal one of the above amounts to kialaraprojects@gmail.com or send the equivalent in BTC to 1GB4vWcmmoudiMhTdN6wxJdzcjGSSaNnpF

Step 2: Save the paypal or bitcoin transaction ID

Step 3: Email Monica at kialaracases@gmail.com

Include your transaction ID, number of large (original) cases needed, and number of small cases needed.

Include your name and shipping address.

I'm also considering designing and manufacturing a sleek, low-profile aluminum storage case for individual bars... similar to clamshells on the market, but more contemporary. it's something I'm planning on exploring in the new year.
Kialara (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 01:56:02 AM
Merited by DdmrDdmr (3), minerjones (1)

Thank you TheNewAnon135246, Dolphriends. And thanks to each of the new owners of these artworks. Ricky is a wonder.

There are only a few of the lower denominated pieces remaining... I haven't decided on mine yet  Smiley

dolphriends

View Profile
December 22, 2019, 08:55:45 PM

The more I look at these I am making them my all time favorite collectible, Cool Cool
koryu

Activity: 681
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 31, 2020, 11:23:18 AM

received the protective cases today Smiley thank you so much
Kialara (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2020, 07:51:33 AM

Cool to hear, dolphriends, thank you! And koryu, you're quite welcome.

Still some small cases remaining, but large cases are out of stock for now. I expect more within 3-5 weeks for anyone interested.
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
March 05, 2020, 08:39:55 AM

Cool to hear, dolphriends, thank you! And koryu, you're quite welcome.

Still some small cases remaining, but large cases are out of stock for now. I expect more within 3-5 weeks for anyone interested.

I received my large cases a few weeks ago, they fit perfectly!
Kialara (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2020, 12:31:46 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (2)

Dear friends, 
hoping this post finds you healthy and safe. 

I have a few updates to share. Ricky and I also want to say thank you and express our gratitude to those who have been supportive of our recent project. A portion of funds collected are being set aside for future creative marketing endeavors and press opportunities surrounding Messengers, which is positioned to become a talking point as the years progress - especially around future halving events and on the maturity date of each messenger group. 

Currently, twelve messengers and two artist proofs remain of the original 40 works. And each messenger sold has been funded with the exception of 3 currently in escrow awaiting shipment. Available works can be found on https://kialara.com/

In the interest of closing out the 2050 Messengers this week, I’ll be hosting three-day auctions for the last two: 
• Messenger Jp
• Messenger MA

The auctions will be posted here shortly.

I'm also happy to share that high resolution photos and macro videos are now available for all messengers including the artist proofs. A download link can be found here: https://kialara.com/kialara-messengers/. This imagery was created to help authenticate these works in the future. A custom aluminum 'Kialara Messengers' engraved USB thumb drive will soon be mailed to all current and future Messenger owners to help ensure this data is available for generations.

bai du bu qin, (may you be immune from 100 toxins),

Max-
Hox

Activity: 751
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2020, 06:14:39 AM
Merited by minerjones (1)

Looks great Max. I wish all creators would release high resolution images of their work, it would make verification a lot easier in the future.

I have uploaded the all the images/video to archive.org and wiki.coin.community to help keep them widely available.

https://archive.org/details/Kialara-Messengers/

Archive.org torrent
https://archive.org/download/Kialara-Messengers/Kialara-Messengers_archive.torrent

https://wiki.coin.community/Kialara_-_Messengers

Coin.Community    
   A place for cryptocurrency collectors and artists.
Discover on the Coin Wiki. See all my coins for sale: Kialara, Casascius, Finite by Design, Satori coin and more.
Kialara (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2020, 04:22:53 AM

Looks great Max. I wish all creators would release high resolution images of their work, it would make verification a lot easier in the future.

I have uploaded the all the images/video to archive.org and wiki.coin.community to help keep them widely available.

https://archive.org/details/Kialara-Messengers/

Archive.org torrent
https://archive.org/download/Kialara-Messengers/Kialara-Messengers_archive.torrent

https://wiki.coin.community/Kialara_-_Messengers

wicked! Thanks for doing all of this, Hox - the wiki looks great and nice to have this all archived. Thank you again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: