Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:00:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as a Retirement Account  (Read 22698 times)
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 12:27:40 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2015, 01:07:05 AM by johnyj

Based on math? How can you subscribe it? There is no way that bitcoin price will hit $20,000 for entire time and miners will sure dump here and there, and there will be some whale pump again or may be they will make it stuck at some point so there is no chance that price will get to $20,000 with the high demand too

It is indeed worth worry about the value if you have not done some research and can not see the demand from your view. But no matter how high the demand is, capital will always first go to the mining, which is the lowest possible cost, so the price should stabilize somewhere near the mining cost, which is around 200-300 dollars right now

Based on my research, the net supply on market will be between 5000-7000 coins per day (see my signature). And to maintain an exchange rate of $300, you need only 1.5 million to 2.1 million dollars net capital inflow. That is about the worth of a large sized apartment in major big cities

Or, one dollar per person per day if there are 1.5 to 2.1 million users. Do you still think it is not possible to reach 20K? That requires 10 dollars worth of purchase per day per user for 21 million users

GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 12:30:40 AM

My research shows that if the bitcoin becomes the "de facto" world currency then based on the current World GDP (not that it might grow later) it can easily reach 1m$ / coin , if the majority of population will use it de facto.

And that is only if they just put their piggy banks in it. If they put in serious money, it can be even higher!

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 05:52:38 AM

My research shows that if the bitcoin becomes the "de facto" world currency then based on the current World GDP (not that it might grow later) it can easily reach 1m$ / coin , if the majority of population will use it de facto.

And that is only if they just put their piggy banks in it. If they put in serious money, it can be even higher!

Do you offer your research and facts on a blog ? I'm sure a few people would like to follow the facts and values you have used to your research.
hayabusa911

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:25:46 PM

I would definitely want to work for an employer that could do that for me. Just like any stock/investment, Could be good or bad. I would never put all my eggs in one basket but if I had to... why not bitcoins!?!  Cool 
GreenStox

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 01:41:44 AM

Do you offer your research and facts on a blog ? I'm sure a few people would like to follow the facts and values you have used to your research.

No i just keep it for myself to invest upon, why would i share the gold mine info, then it becomes less valuable.

But you can buy it if you want...

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
oxiyusuf

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 02:08:20 AM

No i just keep it for myself to invest upon, why would i share the gold mine info, then it becomes less valuable.

is what are the benefits if you buy it?
many people are not familiar with it, might be cheap!
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 08:40:21 AM

"IF" words actually shows that you are uncertain about your research as well , noticed how many times you use the word "IF" ? that indicate about your uncertainty . Also I doubt you conducted any "research" at all considering that it is only words of yours without any calculations or whatsoever. You should take a look Johny's post just above yours, that is how you should do your "research" , Math and calculations rules this universe

Also that what do you explicitly means for your words "de facto" world currency ( this sounds like a "NOUN")? your statement is quite confusing and a quick search of wikipedia lead me that "de facto" means some thing like "in fact" or "according to fact" . According to which fact are we talking about because you keep on using the word IF?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_facto

How about showing some proof to support your statement instead? Some simple maths will do on why you are saying this is a gold mine instead of too much of IF words there. Basically I am on the side that oppose BTC as a retirement account though ( feel free to dig up my post on this thread regarding my reason on this )

Smiley ( no insult intended whatsoever )

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 09:49:03 AM

If bitcoin succeeds, even 10 coins will change your life. Putting 2500$ into a groundbreaking technology is not that risky imho.

what doesn't seem risky for you might be completely different for other people. especially if you consider how many people don't have more than 0.5btc in total.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 11:09:07 AM

If bitcoin succeeds, even 10 coins will change your life. Putting 2500$ into a groundbreaking technology is not that risky imho.

what doesn't seem risky for you might be completely different for other people. especially if you consider how many people don't have more than 0.5btc in total.

only because of the 1200 manipulation, that thing scared the shit out of average newbie investors, and now no one is trusting bitcoin anymore

bitcoin as a retirement still look one of the best option right now, along with gold, but while one has a good chance to rise, the other not so much

one can do 25% bitcoin and 75% gold, to remain in the safe zone
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 02:09:48 PM

only because of the 1200 manipulation, that thing scared the shit out of average newbie investors, and now no one is trusting bitcoin anymore

bitcoin as a retirement still look one of the best option right now, along with gold, but while one has a good chance to rise, the other not so much

'If there is no one trusting in bitcoin anymore' Do you mean new member? But there are still a price movement from bitcoin that means people are still using it in trading and there are still a lot of gambling site to gamble your bitcoin I dont think there is no trust here in bitcoin. Many people are still believe the price will rise
GreenStox

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 09:43:24 PM

"IF" words actually shows that you are uncertain about your research as well , noticed how many times you use the word "IF" ? that indicate about your uncertainty . Also I doubt you conducted any "research" at all considering that it is only words of yours without any calculations or whatsoever. You should take a look Johny's post just above yours, that is how you should do your "research" , Math and calculations rules this universe

Also that what do you explicitly means for your words "de facto" world currency ( this sounds like a "NOUN")? your statement is quite confusing and a quick search of wikipedia lead me that "de facto" means some thing like "in fact" or "according to fact" . According to which fact are we talking about because you keep on using the word IF?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_facto

How about showing some proof to support your statement instead? Some simple maths will do on why you are saying this is a gold mine instead of too much of IF words there. Basically I am on the side that oppose BTC as a retirement account though ( feel free to dig up my post on this thread regarding my reason on this )

Smiley ( no insult intended whatsoever )

Well i`m not a shaman to see the future but, i can only tell what is likely to happen under those conditions.

Making the BITCOIN a defacto currency will realize those, but nobody can guarantee that bitcoin will be mass adopted, we can just hope its trendy enough Smiley

The proof is simple just check the big numbers, the currency supply of all currencies in the world or to make it easier relative to the dollar and compare it with the global GDP.

All info you need is on wikipedia, so you can calculate it in about 30 minutes.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 07:24:58 AM

'If there is no one trusting in bitcoin anymore' Do you mean new member? But there are still a price movement from bitcoin that means people are still using it in trading and there are still a lot of gambling site to gamble your bitcoin I dont think there is no trust here in bitcoin. Many people are still believe the price will rise

yeah i mean new people influx, new money influx from them, right now we are playing with the same amount of money from the same user database, this is why we are not growing at all

basically the demand is stuck there, the number of TX increased does not really mean that there are more people using bitcoin, maybe there are more old people that are moving more money..
Mehek

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 08:54:45 AM

hmm nice idea , i will do that soon.
spare some income every month to bitcoin and keep that for couple years.
maybe it will worth alot in the future , or that will great legacy to my sons  Grin
but that can happen if bitcoin still worth in the future.

I have a gut feeling that bitcoin will be worth 10x, 30x more than what it is today, and that day isn't that far. Just a couple years down the line, let's say 10 years and bitcoin's price will be 10x considering things are developing and rising exactly how they are in today's pace.
dblink

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 01:16:31 PM

very nice if bitcoin can be used as a fund after we retire from work, which is expected bitcoin exchange rates on the future will increase and can be used up to the day our parents, hopefully the price will be more stable bitcoin exchange ...  Grin
I do not know how it is going to be work, since there will be 21 Million bitcoin has to be mined, then how come they can think or initiate such programs to the longer period, need to think deeper and take a right decision with safe and secure, However at any point of time my all good wishes with Bitcoin that it keep growing enormously around the world.

arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 02:28:31 PM

-snip-

Well i`m not a shaman to see the future but, i can only tell what is likely to happen under those conditions.

Making the BITCOIN a defacto currency will realize those, but nobody can guarantee that bitcoin will be mass adopted, we can just hope its trendy enough Smiley

The proof is simple just check the big numbers, the currency supply of all currencies in the world or to make it easier relative to the dollar and compare it with the global GDP.

My question stands anyway, what do you mean by defacto? You seems to have a very different meaning than what I thought about it in my mind. Also that you should already know that title is about "retirement account" so we are dealing with "future prediction" or whatsoever in this thread and as far as I am aware, you made none of it except saying " go find about it yourself "

Let me simplify the bolded part of your statement : search google

Pretty much of a prediction and much expected I'd say because I doubt you even anything about it

yeah i mean new people influx, new money influx from them, right now we are playing with the same amount of money from the same user database, this is why we are not growing at all

It is not true to say "the same" because we are not the same as a year ago or atleast a month ago. You need a data to validate your claim because this claim is not right at all (unless you could some data )

basically the demand is stuck there, the number of TX increased does not really mean that there are more people using bitcoin, maybe there are more old people that are moving more money..

Not true again, the increasing number of Transactions means that more people are using it . These number keep on increasing and steadying so that could be only one valid reasoning for that and that is more people are using it now.
As for the bolded part, that is highly unlike things because if it is so we should have already seen a decreased of the number of TX ID because people wont keep on moving their BTC around just to make up something for the graph

On another note, I thought you are an optimistic person when we are discussing about the "future" (retirement account is the future)

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 02:38:15 PM

I have a gut feeling that bitcoin will be worth 10x, 30x more than what it is today, and that day isn't that far. Just a couple years down the line, let's say 10 years and bitcoin's price will be 10x considering things are developing and rising exactly how they are in today's pace.

This is just speculation you make. There is no random numbers here to make so just hope there are mass adoption here so the price will skyrockting  and

hope everything the best for the growing bitcoin

I do not know how it is going to be work, since there will be 21 Million bitcoin has to be mined, then how come they can think or initiate such programs to the longer period, need to think deeper and take a right decision with safe and secure, However at any point of time my all good wishes with Bitcoin that it keep growing enormously around the world.

This work will be done if there is a whale going to pump, that will make the price going up, there are thread that talked about 21 million coin to be mined has

nothing to do with the price, the price will stay the same after some time
GreenStox

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 08:22:03 AM

-snip-

My question stands anyway, what do you mean by defacto? You seems to have a very different meaning than what I thought about it in my mind. Also that you should already know that title is about "retirement account" so we are dealing with "future prediction" or whatsoever in this thread and as far as I am aware, you made none of it except saying " go find about it yourself "

Pretty much of a prediction and much expected I'd say because I doubt you even anything about it

It is not true to say "the same" because we are not the same as a year ago or atleast a month ago. You need a data to validate your claim because this claim is not right at all (unless you could some data )

Not true again, the increasing number of Transactions means that more people are using it . These number keep on increasing and steadying so that could be only one valid reasoning for that and that is more people are using it now.
As for the bolded part, that is highly unlike things because if it is so we should have already seen a decreased of the number of TX ID because people wont keep on moving their BTC around just to make up something for the graph

On another note, I thought you are an optimistic person when we are discussing about the "future" (retirement account is the future)

I dont have time here to explain to you detailed. But if you compare the world banks official GDP data, and all currencies currenntly in circulation relative to the dollar, then you can easily calculate in about 15 minutes how much will bitcoin price be worth if it hits only 10% of the population.

Now we know that 10% of the average population dont have the money, the 1% do, but if we just use average earnings -> the average GDP/capita poured into bitcoin.

Anyhow i calculate it is around 1 million $ /BTC

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 02:30:02 PM

-snip-

I dont have time here to explain to you detailed. But if you compare the world banks official GDP data, and all currencies currenntly in circulation relative to the dollar, then you can easily calculate in about 15 minutes how much will bitcoin price be worth if it hits only 10% of the population.

Now we know that 10% of the average population dont have the money, the 1% do, but if we just use average earnings -> the average GDP/capita poured into bitcoin.

Anyhow i calculate it is around 1 million $ /BTC

Yes you dont have time to put in your calculation here but you have a lot of time to post throughout this economics section it seems (?). Also it seems that I told you already ( not sure if it in this thread or another one ) that too much use of the words "IF" actually indicates an uncertainty of yours as well.

As for the second bolded part, 10 % of the average population dont have money and 1 % do ? where is the rest of the 89 % stands? Using GDP data as calculations is pretty much unneeded because this isnt the same thing as the world currencies or else. You should probably use data such as number of user and purchasing power in this case as because not the entire population will pour into BTC

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
GreenStox

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 07:51:54 AM

Yes you dont have time to put in your calculation here but you have a lot of time to post throughout this economics section it seems (?). Also it seems that I told you already ( not sure if it in this thread or another one ) that too much use of the words "IF" actually indicates an uncertainty of yours as well.

As for the second bolded part, 10 % of the average population dont have money and 1 % do ? where is the rest of the 89 % stands? Using GDP data as calculations is pretty much unneeded because this isnt the same thing as the world currencies or else. You should probably use data such as number of user and purchasing power in this case as because not the entire population will pour into BTC

Just visualize the bell curve of statisitics ok? People are diverse, and its very unlikely that all people will bite into bitcoin, especially if they are not ordered by their state (which i`m sure wont happen we are lucky if they recognize it as money)

Then we know for a fact that the top 1% holds around 60% of the wealth, and we also know that the top 1% is the least likely to use bitcoin.

So we only have 40% of the GDP at our disposal, in best case scenario, then remove the elderly, which is about 1/3, we are left with 28%, then remove the children below 13 which is about 1/4, so we are left with 18% of the GDP, that belongs to adults.

So quickly remove conservatives, communists and socialists, they are the least likely to use it, so we are left with 10% or even less of people.

Now this is the maximum bitcoin can achieve in short run, but then again i might be wrong.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 08:46:18 AM

hmm nice idea , i will do that soon.
spare some income every month to bitcoin and keep that for couple years.
maybe it will worth alot in the future , or that will great legacy to my sons  Grin
but that can happen if bitcoin still worth in the future.

Comparing bitcoin to the current gdp, assuming things go our way and people put their savings money down and invest unto thr bitcoin venture, the value of a single bitcoin can rise upto 1 million dollars. Considering people put down money more than just their savings,nthe value can shoot even much more. However, thats just an assumption/theory and a dream.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: