Bitcoin Forum
September 21, 2018, 03:01:35 PM *
News: ♦♦ New info! Bitcoin Core users absolutely must upgrade to previously-announced 0.16.3 [Torrent]. All Bitcoin users should temporarily trust confirmations slightly less. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as a Retirement Account  (Read 21026 times)
Looden

Activity: 182
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:50:57 AM

Still way to viable for me to consider it a part of my retirement investment portfolio, more power to you if you press it home and are successful but right now this method a risky.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Riddikulo

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 01:12:09 PM

Should not, because their prices are constantly fluctuating, until you retired perhaps the BTC is just a pile of debris, no longer worth to sell so you will lose everything.
For the short term I admit that it will be risky due to fluctuations, but for the long term, I don't think so. the development of bitcoin shows a positive thing many people around the world are interested in using bitcoin and that is the key to the future growth of bitcoin prices that will make you profitable..

This is true but you did not think about one thing. How old are people that get their pension? Retired people are over 65. Most of them are very conservative, and it will be almost not possible to convince them dealing with BTC, not fiat.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
........BRIDGING MARKETS.......
.AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  .Social Media.  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
dulinivanrus

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

https://bvo.trybravo.com/

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:09:04 PM

By the way, this is a very interesting opinion ! People who are afraid to take risks can just buy bitcoin at 2% of the salary and it can bear fruit !

∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧ [ BRAVO ] Send and receive anonymous and instant payments with the power of blockchain ∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧∨∧
https://bvo.trybravo.com/
jambul_kribo

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:15:40 PM

Should not, because their prices are constantly fluctuating, until you retired perhaps the BTC is just a pile of debris, no longer worth to sell so you will lose everything.
For the short term I admit that it will be risky due to fluctuations, but for the long term, I don't think so. the development of bitcoin shows a positive thing many people around the world are interested in using bitcoin and that is the key to the future growth of bitcoin prices that will make you profitable..

This is true but you did not think about one thing. How old are people that get their pension? Retired people are over 65. Most of them are very conservative, and it will be almost not possible to convince them dealing with BTC, not fiat.
that wrong opinion i think.althoug more 65 years old, they still can use bitcoin as retirement asset.if not for them, it can used for their children or grandchild

kripkiki12

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:47:57 PM

Actually, it makes some sense. For intstance, in my country you can never be sure about your pension as things are going nowadays. So perhaps Bitcoin is a safer way to keep money in

Visteryy

Activity: 210

Mainstream For The Underground

View Profile
August 26, 2018, 08:41:07 PM

I would say bitcoin is perfect for investing. we know bitcoin grew in 2009 the price was only 0.01 $, see now bitcoin is priced at $ 6k. maybe in 2022 bitcoin can reach 100k usd Smiley
I hope it will be the same as you say. Because I know the stability of bitcoin will be very strong. So if it has a price of 100k you will be very rich. Grin

MFTU   Mainstream For The Underground   Whitepaper
RADIO   ANN Thread   Twitter   Telegram
UmitatsuKen

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 04:27:56 AM

By that age I think bitcoin could be worth many times what it is now. Keeping the other half in fiat would be advisable too but we all know money depreciated drastically especially when they keep printing more and more of it.
Nucunsimeo

Activity: 76

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:01:25 AM

That's risky and safe at the same time. Why would anyone want to to lock the funds, if he/ she cannot use it in the times of need. But yeah in a way, a future planning is happening.
setialovers

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:07:07 AM

Every month, your employer transfers Bitcoins into a time-locked address that can't be transferred out before you reach retirement age.  You have the key to the address.  You can verify the transfer on the blockchain.

No middle-men.  No funny business.  No brokers with pyramid/eyeball shaped logos.  No "oops we went bankrupt and lost your retirement."  No bail-ins.  No raising the age of retirement.

Just Bitcoin.

I think thats good idea for retirement plan. Bitcoin is long term investment and if we put aside small bitcoin into locked bitcoin wallet, it will be worth millions in the future and its good pension plan

Quehuongchenoi

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 09:27:54 AM

People save because they need to as when they retire they wont have any money otherwise. Sure, keeping your money in bitcoin is risky but so is keeping it in a pension or in your bank in some cases. I think putting some money into bitcoin could pay dividends by the time you retire but nothing is guarnteed.
Rastafarian

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 09:30:42 AM

After getting retired from work, you need to get at least some source of financial support to keep you moving and I think bitcoin account will be the best for you to concentrate on.
yonjitsu

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:30:09 AM

If you are in your twenties right now while you are doing your regular job, it would really be great if you are also having a blockchain portfolio with you aside from saving money in your bank accounts or other insurance company. It will be timely that when you retire, your portfolio will be so mature with a very huge market value.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
Marcsymon

ADAB-First crypto exchange Islamic Crypto exchange

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 07:47:24 AM

If you are in your twenties right now while you are doing your regular job, it would really be great if you are also having a blockchain portfolio with you aside from saving money in your bank accounts or other insurance company. It will be timely that when you retire, your portfolio will be so mature with a very huge market value.

Good perception and advice mate. In addition blockchain portfolio would be going bigger and bigger because cryptocurrency will evolves and many industries or banks will purely accepted it in a lawful means. So with this happening might be the whole world would be recognized and regulate cryptos to make it safe from frauds and hackers anywhere in the places where we lived that patronizing crypto. In this way great holders of bitcoin who prepared for their retirement would feel great security with their stock in portfolio.

Persiontateneis

Activity: 47

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 08:21:05 AM

It will create world domination in currency but that is unrealistic, and it s just an alternative not a replacement. Success would happen when you understand your investment rather than just put money in it.
maculeth

Activity: 266

UMKA – DECENTRALIZED LABOR MARKET

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 01:07:52 PM

Every month, your employer transfers Bitcoins into a time-locked address that can't be transferred out before you reach retirement age.  You have the key to the address.  You can verify the transfer on the blockchain.
Intriguing, but probably won't fly.
All Bitcoin-Hype aside, for easiness' sake, let's assume we're doing this with our own, special coin, let's call it RetirementCoin(RC).

In the beginning, people will need a lot of RC to pay into the pension fund. RC is new, its price is low, i.e., for a given amount of e.g. US Dollars, you'll have to buy a lot of RC and lock them in your address. Exchange rate of RC will go "to the moon"™, leading to lower amounts of RC required to put into your retirement address.

The years go by.

Finally, when pay-outs start, huge amounts of RC from the first pay-ins will pour into the market, pushing the exchange rate down.
Your second pay-out will be substantially less RC at a substantially lower exchange rate. You'll be practically broke once you retire.
and why don't we just hold bitcoin forever until we retire? RC does not guarantee the exchange rate will always grow in the long run. bitcoin also does not guarantee, therefore I say that there is no guarantee of a good pension in the crypto world. except if we work in certain government or company institutions.

boyz97

Activity: 418
Merit: 106

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 01:11:56 PM

No middle-men.  No funny business.  No brokers with pyramid/eyeball shaped logos.  No "oops we went bankrupt and lost your retirement."  No bail-ins.  No raising the age of retirement.

Just Bitcoin.

I think thats good idea for retirement plan. Bitcoin is long term investment and if we put aside small bitcoin into locked bitcoin wallet, it will be worth millions in the future and its good pension plan
that's could work if bitcoin price rise alot as our hope above $50.000 .but how about if bitcoin price still moves down  or even die.because we dont know what will happen in future.

VIDY 👅| Decentralized Video Ad Network | VIDY 👅
Open-source NLP Protocol Hold to Earn One-Tap Payment Staking Mechanism Low fees Secure
Facebook   Telegram   Twitter   [Pre-ICO Starts on September 1st, 2018]   Bitcointalk   Medium   Reddit
beatzcoin123

Merit: 1

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 01:46:40 PM

that would have been a wonderful idea, just hold your private key, and when time for retirement knocks, you just unlock you wallet and spend your retirement package. what an easy life that would be, unlike the rigorous process pension managers makes retirees go through in order to access their pension funds, bitcoin will be preferable.

▶▶▶▶ SIDERA Blockchain Technologies ◀◀◀◀| ▶▶▶▶ JOIN US NOW: https://sidera.io ◀◀◀◀
✹✹✹✹ Decentralized Wearable Devices ✹✹✹ WEARING THE FUTURE
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:03:07 PM

Actually, it makes some sense. For intstance, in my country you can never be sure about your pension as things are going nowadays. So perhaps Bitcoin is a safer way to keep money in

Retirement account in the bitcoin is a very interesting idea. By investing in cryptocurrencies with such a long term goal, you can build a large capital, which will be an additional injection of money in retirement. Such investment in the future will pay off.

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
Violettochka

Merit: 12

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 08:14:52 PM

That is interesting. I wonder if it will happen in the future because now to me it seems pretty unrealistic because crypto is not stable yet.

dowellness

Activity: 11

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 06:13:26 AM

Still way to viable for me to consider it a part of my retirement investment portfolio, more power to you if you press it home and are successful but right now this method a risky.
It would be great if bitcoin become funds after our retirement.it can double our money.But the question is who will accept it and who gonna give us retirement funds.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.