Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:56:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as a Retirement Account  (Read 22698 times)
dowellness

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:39:41 AM

Still way to viable for me to consider it a part of my retirement investment portfolio, more power to you if you press it home and are successful but right now this method a risky.
Bitcoin is digital currencies and only work if you have a internet connection and PC.If you think government can give retirement funds then its impossible.
Howits

Activity: 25

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:42:46 AM

Should not, because their prices are constantly fluctuating, until you retired perhaps the BTC is just a pile of debris, no longer worth to sell so you will lose everything.
For the short term I admit that it will be risky due to fluctuations, but for the long term, I don't think so. the development of bitcoin shows a positive thing many people around the world are interested in using bitcoin and that is the key to the future growth of bitcoin prices that will make you profitable..

This is true but you did not think about one thing. How old are people that get their pension? Retired people are over 65. Most of them are very conservative, and it will be almost not possible to convince them dealing with BTC, not fiat.
that wrong opinion i think.althoug more 65 years old, they still can use bitcoin as retirement asset.if not for them, it can used for their children or grandchild
I appreciate your post and its a great idea but when you look government policy your ideas become dull. No good response from the governments.
glorybtc

Activity: 165
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:18:28 AM

A similar situation unfolds with the usual Pension Funds. The market of crypto-currency is very unpredictable and it is impossible to guarantee that at the time of retirement bitcoin will rise in price.
I think so, if bitcoin becomes a retirement account, then it has two possibilities. if the price is high at retirement, it will be very happy because it will get a high number of retirees, but if it happens otherwise, it will be miserable, the fluctuation of bitcoin make it impossible
axxo

Activity: 916
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:37:37 AM

I think it is a great idea investing in bitcoin and save it for retirement as a long term investor i think that investments will grow much bigger in the future and it can really be the source of our retirement account.

▄░░▄█▄░░▄
▄▄█░░▄█▀█▄░░█▄▄
▄▄▄█▀▀░░░█▀░░░▀█░░░▀▀█▄▄▄
██▀░░░░░▄█▀░░░░▀█▄░░░░░▀██
██░░░░░▄█░░▄███▄░░█▄░░░░░██
██░░░░██░░▄█▀░▀█▄░░██░░░░██
██░░▄█▀░▄█▀░▄█▄░▀█▄░▀█▄░░██
██░██░░▄█▀░▄███▄░▀█▄░░██░██
███▀░░▄█░░▄█████▄░░█▄░░▀███
██▀░▄█▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█▄░▀██
▀█▀░░▄█████████▄░░▀█▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▀██
██▌░██
▐██░░██
██▌░░██
███████
▀▀░░░▀▀

░▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██░░░▀▀
████
██
██
▀▀

░▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██░░░▀▀
████
██
██
▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀██▀▀
██
██
██
▄▄██▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██
██
██
██
▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██░░░██
▀██████
██▀██
██▀░██
▀▀▀░░▀▀

▄▄░░░▄▄
██░░░██
██░░░██
██░░░██
██░░░██
██▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄░░░▄▄
███░███
███████
██▀█▀██
██░░░██
██░░░██
▀▀░░░▀▀

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄███████████████████████████▄
██████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀███████
██████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄██████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐███████
███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄███████████

████████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████

▀███████████████████████████▀
▄███████████████████████████▄
███████████████████▀▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░▄░░▐███████
███████▀▀▀░░░░▄▄▀▀░░░████████
█████▄▄▄░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░░▐████████
█████████▌▐▀░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████▄░▄█▄▄░░░▐█████████

██████████████████▄██████████

▀███████████████████████████▀
therwtonn

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:10:22 PM

Every month, your employer transfers Bitcoins into a time-locked address that can't be transferred out before you reach retirement age.  You have the key to the address.  You can verify the transfer on the blockchain.

No middle-men.  No funny business.  No brokers with pyramid/eyeball shaped logos.  No "oops we went bankrupt and lost your retirement."  No bail-ins.  No raising the age of retirement.

Just Bitcoin.
I do not know if this is possible for now. Maybe in the near future when bitcoin will be accepted by the government and to incorporate it with the likes of this idea. As we all know that bitcoin is not that established right now and there could be some technical problems may arise like losing private keys or compromising the digital wallet account.
Yeah it is possible to use bitcoin for earning more money, but it is not possible to use bitcoin as your regular currency. I think that one should hold his bitcoin to make more money and keep that money for his last years. Regular income from bitcoin is not possible because of the volatility in the price. You can use your coins to start some business which will be the source of your income in the future.
htconem7

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 02:46:36 PM

Every month, your employer transfers Bitcoins into a time-locked address that can't be transferred out before you reach retirement age.  You have the key to the address.  You can verify the transfer on the blockchain.

No middle-men.  No funny business.  No brokers with pyramid/eyeball shaped logos.  No "oops we went bankrupt and lost your retirement."  No bail-ins.  No raising the age of retirement.

Just Bitcoin.
A pretty early post, and if you start buying insurance from 2014 for retirement, I think now you are a bitcoin millionaire, it's enough for your whole family to retire early with a paycheck. month. Interestingly, I wish I could return to 2014
darkr

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:50:25 PM

Just Bitcoin.
We can use bitcoin now asset or a investment  but we can't use it as retirement account. Being retired people is the more you need money for your needs everyday. We can use bitcoin to make our money more profitable but not just a account that you will keep money of your retirement.

However, retired people can simply start to work with the cryptocurrencies, and even make much money exactly on Bitcoin. They have much time, and they do not have to go to the work.
boynamnhi

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:07:47 PM

A similar situation unfolds with the usual Pension Funds. The market of crypto-currency is very unpredictable and it is impossible to guarantee that at the time of retirement bitcoin will rise in price.
I think so, if bitcoin becomes a retirement account, then it has two possibilities. if the price is high at retirement, it will be very happy because it will get a high number of retirees, but if it happens otherwise, it will be miserable, the fluctuation of bitcoin make it impossible
A big savings from bitcoin if the bitcoin price reaches $50k by the end of the year, why do not we try if we get a chance to get rich. Not at all we have a good chance, miss the opportunity in fear is a mistake
Feuerbach

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:10:44 PM

The only question is what will happen to bitcoin to our old age. It can play into the hands, but maybe not)
karankamaze

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 02:58:06 AM

bitcoin is still believed to increase value, but in the process, these coins often experience extreme fluctuations, and this is not suitable for passive assets and even safe assets for retirees. bitcoin is better treated actively and the profit generated in the majority still has to be thought of to be allocated to other more stable assets such as gold and so on.
avarnet

Activity: 896
Merit: 250

Enterapp

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 04:57:52 AM

it's true that with the existence of bitcoin, our money can be developed by means of long-term investment, because bitcoin is a safe and good place to invest in the future.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Streamlink

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:04:47 AM

Just Bitcoin.
Lol this if very funny, I just kept on laughing while I was reading this. Here is someone that just wants to lose everything at the end :x. I don’t think any employer in his right senses would try to do such a thing and why do you think such? Having your money saved on Bitcoin is a risk and you never know tomorrow. Don’t be deceived by these enthusiasts that keeps on telling everyone that Bitcoin is the future whatsoever… it may not be what you thought.
Rembedful

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:37:29 AM

If you are in your twenties right now while you are doing your regular job, it would really be great if you are also having a blockchain portfolio with you aside from saving money in your bank accounts or other insurance company. It will be timely that when you retire, your portfolio will be so mature with a very huge market value.

Good perception and advice mate. In addition blockchain portfolio would be going bigger and bigger because cryptocurrency will evolves and many industries or banks will purely accepted it in a lawful means. So with this happening might be the whole world would be recognized and regulate cryptos to make it safe from frauds and hackers anywhere in the places where we lived that patronizing crypto. In this way great holders of bitcoin who prepared for their retirement would feel great security with their stock in portfolio.

Its true, many big company right now involve in cryptocurrency industry. They developing their bussiness and trying to make their bussiness more eficient. I am believe investing on crypto for long term will be profitable
It is good idea but what about the price and regular income. The problem is this that the price of bitcoin is not constant and regular income is not possible. A person can use bitcoin for his retired life when it gives him month basis income. If there is no possibility of such things then it is also not possible to hold bitcoin for your retired life. I think it is very difficult to do so.
camric09

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

BitHostCoin.io

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 10:02:35 AM

it's true that with the existence of bitcoin, our money can be developed by means of long-term investment, because bitcoin is a safe and good place to invest in the future.

Even we cannot see what will happen in the future, i am also believing that bitcoin is a long term investments and will surely give us huge profit once handled and manage correctly.

│      Whitepaper      │            ▰▰▰  BITHOST  ▰▰▰            │            The Coin With Implemented Project            │      Announce      │
―――――            COMPLETE SOLUTION FOR HOSTING WITH CRYPTOCURRENCY            ―――――
│     Telegram     │     Twitter     │     Facebook
TheLoser

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 10:08:01 AM

If you are in your twenties right now while you are doing your regular job, it would really be great if you are also having a blockchain portfolio with you aside from saving money in your bank accounts or other insurance company. It will be timely that when you retire, your portfolio will be so mature with a very huge market value.

Good perception and advice mate. In addition blockchain portfolio would be going bigger and bigger because cryptocurrency will evolves and many industries or banks will purely accepted it in a lawful means. So with this happening might be the whole world would be recognized and regulate cryptos to make it safe from frauds and hackers anywhere in the places where we lived that patronizing crypto. In this way great holders of bitcoin who prepared for their retirement would feel great security with their stock in portfolio.

Its true, many big company right now involve in cryptocurrency industry. They developing their bussiness and trying to make their bussiness more eficient. I am believe investing on crypto for long term will be profitable
It is good idea but what about the price and regular income. The problem is this that the price of bitcoin is not constant and regular income is not possible. A person can use bitcoin for his retired life when it gives him month basis income. If there is no possibility of such things then it is also not possible to hold bitcoin for your retired life. I think it is very difficult to do so.

I think all the same it is risky to keep my pension savings in bitcoin. Everyone was fascinated by the unexpected growth of bitcoin in 2017, but everyone is very upset by his fall in 2018. Therefore, while this is not stability with bitcoin, it is better to invest in bitcoin the amount of money that it is not a pity to lose.
Leocristophe

Activity: 31

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 10:11:20 AM

If really Bitcoin is popular in every country. Bitcoin can be paid in all areas of society, health or education. For countries that have developed Bitcoin to pay for social welfare benefits, it is essential.
Rejevunator

Activity: 66

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 06:38:30 AM

Just Bitcoin.
I do not know if this is possible for now. Maybe in the near future when bitcoin will be accepted by the government and to incorporate it with the likes of this idea. As we all know that bitcoin is not that established right now and there could be some technical problems may arise like losing private keys or compromising the digital wallet account.
Its a great idea but its bit risky. There's huge chances of losing private key. For old people its hard to remember their private key also they can lose the backup they can forgot where they place there private key's backup.
Commotheon

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 09:34:49 AM

Just Bitcoin.
It would be great but as i said its a risky also it can be hacked hackers are usually targeting bitcoin's wallets anyone can make them fool and stole the coins.
jestbenen8

Activity: 82
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:48:56 AM

Still way to viable for me to consider it a part of my retirement investment portfolio, more power to you if you press it home and are successful but right now this method a risky.
Bitcoin is digital currencies and only work if you have a internet connection and PC.If you think government can give retirement funds then its impossible.
It is good idea bitcoin is the only source to make huge money in less time and that is the reason for my investment in bitcoin. I want to do many things from bitcoin earnings. I want to buy my own house, car and also want to start some business of my own in the future. My retired life will be easy due to bitcoin. I don’t care about the price of bitcoin today because I have invested for long term.
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 12:51:16 PM

Not many company pay their employee with bitcoin. But i think its good if emplayee paid with bitcoin because its more safe to keep bitcoin as pension funds because bitcoin is investment itself.

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: