Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:55:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hufflepuff Making 2k BTC On PrimeDice Nov 2014. March 2015 Update: He Cheated  (Read 49966 times)
tidus1097

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 03:46:43 AM

I don't know if I could have the nerve or wits to bet anything over 1btc. I get nervous when I'm playing a $5 or $10 roll. But I guess some have it like that and don't have to worry about losing $100 here or $200 there. I do think that after the first 1k he won, if something wasn't in his favor he would have quit. But idk, just a opinion.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
March 31, 2015, 07:06:17 PM

I don't know if I could have the nerve or wits to bet anything over 1btc. I get nervous when I'm playing a $5 or $10 roll. But I guess some have it like that and don't have to worry about losing $100 here or $200 there. I do think that after the first 1k he won, if something wasn't in his favor he would have quit. But idk, just a opinion.

well, looks like he cheated the system. I don't how he did that, but Stunna said that he'll post an article about it soon.

I was there when he won the first 1k and some people told the admins that they should check those bets thoroughly.. guess they didn't check enough
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 12:34:09 AM

well, looks like he cheated the system. I don't how he did that, but Stunna said that he'll post an article about it soon.

I was there when he won the first 1k and some people told the admins that they should check those bets thoroughly.. guess they didn't check enough

He apparently cheated by knowing his server seed. Once you know that, you can calculate what your future rolls will be.

Checking his rolls wouldn't have shown anything other than that he guessed 'hi' or 'lo' correctly more than the expected number of times. Everything would have checked out. Cheating using the server seed looks exactly the same as just "getting lucky". So long as you're careful (like Hufflepuff) and don't make it too obvious (like Robbin Hood) it's impossible to tell the difference between cheating and getting lucky.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:54:19 AM

He apparently cheated by knowing his server seed. Once you know that, you can calculate what your future rolls will be.

Checking his rolls wouldn't have shown anything other than that he guessed 'hi' or 'lo' correctly more than the expected number of times. Everything would have checked out. Cheating using the server seed looks exactly the same as just "getting lucky". So long as you're careful (like Hufflepuff) and don't make it too obvious (like Robbin Hood) it's impossible to tell the difference between cheating and getting lucky.

So, does it mean that if someone knows their server seed and make some rolls, either losing a few to show that he/she is playing fair, will he/she be allowed the withdrawal without much verification???

According to my opinion, for such high payouts, Stunna should implement some verification measures in order to be able to check the bets and also about the identity of the player itself...

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 03:32:27 AM

So, does it mean that if someone knows their server seed and make some rolls, either losing a few to show that he/she is playing fair, will he/she be allowed the withdrawal without much verification???

Presumably he doesn't tell the site that he knows his server seed, or the site would certainly not let him continue playing with it.

According to my opinion, for such high payouts, Stunna should implement some verification measures in order to be able to check the bets and also about the identity of the player itself...

I think part of the appeal of PrimeDice for many is that they don't require players to identify themselves. Changing that to "... unless you win too much" makes it less attractive I expect.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
gkv9
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 03:36:40 AM

I think part of the appeal of PrimeDice for many is that they don't require players to identify themselves. Changing that to "... unless you win too much" makes it less attractive I expect.

I said it in the context that such bets should be verified before allowing any withdrawals, even if players here are to maintain their anonymity, no worries at all, and I don't think players should have any problems getting their bets verified...

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 03:39:02 AM

I said it in the context that such bets should be verified before allowing any withdrawals, even if players here are to maintain their anonymity, no worries at all, and I don't think players should have any problems getting their bets verified...

There's nothing to verify. Stunna knows his site is provably fair. The rolls will match the rolls given by the provably fair roll algorithm. The only problem is that the player knows his server seed. How can anyone ever verify that he doesn't know it?

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
gkv9
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 03:44:38 AM

There's nothing to verify. Stunna knows his site is provably fair. The rolls will match the rolls given by the provably fair roll algorithm. The only problem is that the player knows his server seed. How can anyone ever verify that he doesn't know it?

I know it ain't possible, but then people should stop saying the Hufflepuff cheated as we don't have any proof...
There are many people winning such huge amount of profits daily, and so claiming this one to be a cheat if not possible to prove ain't better without any evidence...

WhatTheGox (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 11:59:46 AM

I know it ain't possible, but then people should stop saying the Hufflepuff cheated as we don't have any proof...
There are many people winning such huge amount of profits daily, and so claiming this one to be a cheat if not possible to prove ain't better without any evidence...

What does Stunna have to gain by claiming he cheated if he didnt? since i updated the title would be handy to know your theory.
LiQuidx

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 01:22:50 PM

Obviously since Stunna told us that he did cheat he has the proof to back up his claim... He wouldn't say that unless he had proof and as he posted he will make a blog post that will provide more info regarding this.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
neoneros

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2015, 01:24:18 PM

Interested in how he did it then. Knowing your server seed is not something that will tell you what to bet in advance? A lot of betting sites even provide the seed to be sure they play 'fair'

ValgeHunt

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:13:09 PM

WoW that profit is insane  Shocked
Minnlo

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:48:05 PM

Interested in how he did it then. Knowing your server seed is not something that will tell you what to bet in advance? A lot of betting sites even provide the seed to be sure they play 'fair'

Not really. Provably fair sites will only provide you the hash of your server seed beforehand, but not the server seed itself.
Otherwise, the players will know what number is going to be rolled before the bet is made.

dr1wealth

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:52:23 PM

if he would have cheated more people would have done that in my opinion because he surely wouldnt have stopped

ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:53:24 PM

I am still curious how he actually did that . Doesn't look like he just got lucky by figuring out the seed as following his win, there was another user who made 140 bets of 10 BTC and won all of them, which looked like done to show some kind of flaw.
So I am guessing he was able to figure out the seed due to some flaw in the system. Will still wait for the article from Stunna on it.
Minnlo

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 02:58:56 PM

I am still curious how he actually did that . Doesn't look like he just got lucky by figuring out the seed as following his win, there was another user who made 140 bets of 10 BTC and won all of them, which looked like done to show some kind of flaw.
So I am guessing he was able to figure out the seed due to some flaw in the system. Will still wait for the article from Stunna on it.

In case you don't know it yet, that user is "Robinnhood" who was flat betting 10 btc and won all the bets after Stunna declined his withdrawal. And according to Stunna, "Robinnhood" is the same person as "Hufflepuff". https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=843892.msg10773844#msg10773844

ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 03:14:33 PM

In case you don't know it yet, that user is "Robinnhood" who was flat betting 10 btc and won all the bets after Stunna declined his withdrawal. And according to Stunna, "Robinnhood" is the same person as "Hufflepuff". https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=843892.msg10773844#msg10773844

Yes thats what I mean. According to me it is HufflePuf, who made those bets on purpose just to show a flaw of some kind. He probably after winning 2000 BTC wanted to now come out and point out by doing that , that there is some kind of flaw.

Now Since Robinhood was another account(with a new seed combination), and if he was Hufflepuff, then he was somehow able to gain access to the server seed on another account as well, and it wasn't just luck or something that he figured out the server seed on his main account Hufflepuff.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2015, 09:47:47 PM

The only problem is that the player knows his server seed. How can anyone ever verify that he doesn't know it?

I was trying to say that there's no way to prove that someone doesn't know something.

That's not the same as saying that you can't prove that someone does know something. Maybe the exploit he used left a trace in the server logs, for example, and that allowed the PD admins to know for sure that he cheated.

We'll just have to wait for Stunna to tell us what actually happened, and how they are so sure he cheated.

Edit: this is the post where Stunna is going to provide the full details.

Originally it said:

Since this up again.

Robinnhood = Hufflepuff. Both abusing the same exploit I posted about a couple of months ago.

Hufflepuff was paid out over 2.5k BTC over multiple accounts he used with this exploit. Can link the TXID's if need be since I'm not concerned about his privacy obviously. Robinnhood however was not paid out as when we patched the glitch we made it so anyone who did it could not withdraw in an attempt to recoup a small amount of our losses from the exploit. So instead he kept rolling wins in attempt to be funny with no ability to cash out.

Hope this clears things up.

And Primedice's bank roll was barely affected and the exploit is now 100% fixed. The exploit only affected the house & not players. This is another reason why we don't accept investments and advise others to be careful doing so! Unforeseeable stuff like this happens.

Then it changed to this:

Edited out for now, will edit in with the full details later. It would be preferable for people to be presented the full story rather than vague details here and there.

And later he will edit it again and fill in the details.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
gkv9
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 11:34:14 AM

The only problem is that the player knows his server seed. How can anyone ever verify that he doesn't know it?

I was trying to say that there's no way to prove that someone doesn't know something.

That's not the same as saying that you can't prove that someone does know something. Maybe the exploit he used left a trace in the server logs, for example, and that allowed the PD admins to know for sure that he cheated.

We'll just have to wait for Stunna to tell us what actually happened, and how they are so sure he cheated.

Edit: this is the post where Stunna is going to provide the full details.

Originally it said:

Since this up again.

Robinnhood = Hufflepuff. Both abusing the same exploit I posted about a couple of months ago.

Hufflepuff was paid out over 2.5k BTC over multiple accounts he used with this exploit. Can link the TXID's if need be since I'm not concerned about his privacy obviously. Robinnhood however was not paid out as when we patched the glitch we made it so anyone who did it could not withdraw in an attempt to recoup a small amount of our losses from the exploit. So instead he kept rolling wins in attempt to be funny with no ability to cash out.

Hope this clears things up.

And Primedice's bank roll was barely affected and the exploit is now 100% fixed. The exploit only affected the house & not players. This is another reason why we don't accept investments and advise others to be careful doing so! Unforeseeable stuff like this happens.

Then it changed to this:

Edited out for now, will edit in with the full details later. It would be preferable for people to be presented the full story rather than vague details here and there.

And later he will edit it again and fill in the details.

Ohk fine, my apologies towards my words...
I will look towards Stunna's explanation on this as even I am more than excited to see how this proves to be a "cheat"...

madonnino

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 07:08:39 PM

any news about Stunna's explanation?? i'm interesting
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: